Auto-ban cause of high mail traffic?

Soly

Guy from our guild was crafting transformation stones for members of the guild. We were all mailing him mats needed for that. Today he got auto-banned cause of "too many mails". Are u kidding us ncsoft? U cant stop spamming and botting but u ban ppl WITHOUT even checking are they rly guilty??? He bought premium for 1y. No bot would do that. He is "guilty" only cause he wanted to help to his guild mates. GG ncsoft. I hope u lift that stupid ban asap. Ridiculous is what u implemented in game and still cant take gold spammers down. Just hurting regular players.

5 minutes ago, Soly said:

He bought premium for 1y. No bot would do that.

Actually some bots are doing this ( already saw bots with that premium star ).

6 minutes ago, Soly said:

Ridiculous is what u implemented in game and still cant take gold spammers down. Just hurting regular players.

Lot of bots - people angry.

Banhammer applied  - people still angry.

neutral-whyyyyy.png

It's not easy to recognize a bot, and autobanning them will always ban few legimate players. Just fill polite complain to support and wait.

Its not about me. He did fill complain but this is unbelievable what ncsoft is doing. From this auto bans, 99% will be innocent ppl. They are losing fight and make ppl angry. Why they dont put GMs 24/7 which will insta ban spammers for few days. I bet it would help. Instead of that they implemented things like this and guy who only wanted to help got ban. Im just too angry atm and had to post here so ppl knows what ncsoft is implementing and doing.

For payment I will take one shift (8h) and I bet there are like 5k+ more ppl that would do the same. GM is not developer. His job is to take care of game so why they dont do anything? They have 30+ servers and trying to stop spammers and what they achieve for now? Ban not guilty ppl and losing fight against spammers. pretty good job by ncsoft, right? Simple solution always gives results. Things they are trying are beyond biggest human stupidity. Einstein said that only human stupidity have no limits. Guess he was right.

This is a game where NCSoft publishes as a free to play so they will be expecting bots, even p2p has bots...

If you generate recipe from this business you want to increase it right? How is NCSoft going to increase if they ban decent and honest players that add more "value" than a regular user?

As a player, I would be very frustrated to be banned by just playing the game and this action is very noobish from ncsoft. A company like this and the feedback it collected since its launch in Korea, this kind of action should NEVER happen. Yes the fight against bots is hard, but the ban based on mail traffic (if this is real) is simply ridiculous...

If you do not understand maybe you never felt it. If they need to have more GM's online, then DO IT! They have money, resources, etc.

Do you want to play a game that is broken? 

ok for start i will not go easy and polite to any1 so lets start

a game company that considers her self a" pro game company" she cant find a way to ban those bots and the only solution is to instaban players that recive items...?
the fact that many playeres inside big guilds will depents on each other to get some craftet items seems that is not exist on the mind of the ncsoft admins/developers...
is normal that some ppl will do the dirty work in the guilds with craft and help ther guildmates..
 how the hell they do that if we dont send them what they need for the job..they will farming 24/7 or they buy from the trade post with ther gold??? 

why instant of  instaban the players you dont block ther mail/trade until you check what is going on?check his mail,check his trades etc?
how many players you planing to ban over the same issue?

30 minutes ago, Axciel said:

if you were a gm would you want to work 24/7 insta banning spammers? i think not, that's a very selfish thought.

a gamemaster? its not like ncsoft is a small company with no resources.. if you do something that includes other people then u should do the job right and not write a shitty programm that bans everything that looks suspect. nothing selfish about wanting the company doing THEIR job right.  you dont go to a doctor or whatever to pay a fist right in ur face. sure stuff like that happens when you let a program do the work, but then you will have to refund the people for this mistake... especially if they have spend money on their software. the prices are already stupidly high then why dont you do your work properly for that?

13 minutes ago, Sergiul said:

I`ve seen many bots with premium. And was still wondering how the hell is that possible...

Premium allows them to farm gold by killing mobs. If you have that bot running 24/7 they earn the money for the premium back in a day or 2 and then make profit. 

Case closed

Firstly, Were a lot of you sending them gold? or just resources. Secondly how do you know that is why your Guildie was banned. I haven't seen any other complaints about this mail traffic thing. Are you sure your guildie didn't do something that was bannable? like maybe buy gold or other bannable offenses. this is sounding a good bit like the WTFast bans, where people were getting banned for suspicious activity and blamed a VPN.

Hi this crafter is me, this is random second account. I didn't use wtfast or any other 3d part application, actually i have just playing BNS just for fun as the general game concept is cool. Have migrated from china BNS servers to EU, to be able to play much more comfortable, and what i get? 

- Server lags

- maintenance every day

- bots

- and i'm banned at the end ^^

well, i'm always can back to china servers, as there no such hell with the bots, servers are stable and my account is not banned for years, lol. seems Tencent can manage that better, only one cons - ping to china. Or i can back to real life, as second option :P

It's all now depends on support response, but...now i will try to avoid to play on EU servers in future, never had good experience :(

1 hour ago, Axciel said:

if you were a gm would you want to work 24/7 insta banning spammers? i think not, that's a very selfish thought.

That's like saying "if you're a policeman would you want to patrol 24/7 while apprehending criminals?" Basically if they came forward and accepted the job of a GM, or as whoever facilitates the servers and regulates its players, they need to do their job properly or step down and find someone who can and will. They are being paid for doing their job and part of that salary comes from us, the players, and to be punished for something without violating any rules is absurd. We have to face the fact that the GM chose the easier route, the lazy route, of letting an unthinking algorithm to do its work for him and some innocent players are paying the price.

1 hour ago, Axciel said:

it's not rly required, previously i have played in WoW and there was a simple check that you r bot. GM can open chat with you(separate chat window with the game stuff) and talk with you about some random theme. Yes, bots still exists there and here no really way to block them all. But at-least there was a less bans of legit player.

About premium, bots and gold. There no sense to bye prem to get more gold for bot. As the bot is automatic application, they can able to scale them, i.e. run 50,100, etc. In that way they can achieve same result like with prem but without paying anything and able to create new account every day, hour and second.

Company like ncsoft must have resources to deal with bots. What they are trying is stupid. Their results are equal to zero. They only make ppl angry like I am now. We were sending him soulstones, tears and money to cover premium tempered costs. Simple checking of logs can prove that those actions are legit.

1 minute ago, chinmi said:

how do we know that you guys not paying him real money to do it ? RMT is forbidden and for that your guild mates should be banned !!!

We can only assume ur IQ from this sentence. 

chimi  r you stoned bro? cose for sure you smoke crap weed...why the fk i need to pay him??you know that some guilds have long time members and this crap (and i call it crap cose actions like that  give to the game this name)  is not our fisrt game..some of us we go back 10 years,,he is our friend and our guildmember..

you see there is some ppl that play toogether and help echother to get beter on the game,why else you join i a guild anyway...if you r not belong in a community like ours then no point to talk..uneles you r one of ncsoft fanboys or fangirls ...who cares

and now every1 in the guild afraid to start craft items for the rest cose they afraid of this shit..GG

1 hour ago, chinmi said:

how do we know that you guys not paying him real money to do it ? RMT is forbidden and for that your guild mates should be banned !!!

rmt for stones? My next reaction would be: "Lol what?"  

it's really stupid to do this using internal game mechanic, honestly more easy is to just bye a gold and get the stones from the market without carry that things like crafting, resources, gameplay, time spend for organizing that.

Archived