Master loot is an issue

Kirow

This is my first post here, because i think this is the real thing that is gamebreaking now, i won't accept answers like - "Play with your friends" -, because yes, if play with my friend this problem wouldn't exists, but think about all those people that are in this game ALSO for making new friends, they play with random people.

And now to the actual problem: In cross server dungeon you can ANYTIME you want change the loot system WITHOUT the agreement of the rest of the party. This is just nonsense.

It happened again to me, this is getting really bad, i know that a thread with the same content has been closed recently, so try to be polite this time and just let devs see how important this question is.

The solutions for this problem are:

1) The change loot system should require the agreement of all party member to change.

2) You cannot change loot system while in battle stance.

3) In cross server dungeon there should be the chance to vote for the majority to kick someone (often toxic player).

Thanks for reading, and again try to be polite for the wellness of the game.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Kirow said:

This is my first post here, because i think this is the real thing that is gamebreaking now, i won't accept answers like - "Play with your friends" -, because yes, if play with my friend this problem wouldn't exists, but think about all those people that are in this game ALSO for making new friends, they play with random people.

And now to the actual problem: In cross server dungeon you can ANYTIME you want change the loot system WITHOUT the agreement of the rest of the party. This is just nonsense.

It happened again to me, this is getting really bad, i know that a thread with the same content has been closed recently, so try to be polite this time and just let devs see how important this question is.

The solutions for this problem are:

1) The change loot system should require the agreement of all party member to change.

2) You cannot change loot system while in battle stance.

3) In cross server dungeon there should be the chance to vote for the majority to kick someone (often toxic player).

Thanks for reading, and again try to be polite for the wellness of the game.

I agree that this IS a serious issue atm ..

I am assuming that all other regions had far less unscrupulous players BUT for some reason BnS EU/NA has attracted more than it's share of DBs who think nothing of using this exploit to get what they want..

the parties should have to VOTE for loot options at the beginning for said dungeon and THAT is it not this crap that the leader can change loot options whenever they wish.

In a perfect world players would show a little honor but sadly this is not reality

I've been caught out and have seen others caught out... and I agree, this has the potential to break the popularity of the dungeon x-server LFP tool... which if I'm honest, is an excellent little thing.

Needs sorting like... now.

I honestly can't understand how a mistake that is abusable like this can make it past a competent team of developers and be not fixed after more than a week of the problem being published. This is not a minor problem. ALL LFG groups are affected by this and Cross-Server-Dungeon is basically useless in its current state. Especially Brightstone Ruins and Poh6 are effected because those are the dungeons with the most valuable Loot, tho stealing Moonwater Tears is still worth it. Luckily I don't have to use LFG anymore and I wouldn't dare go into the CSD and rather not play than being scammed my part of the loot, but I can understand how people are really upset about  this and have no clue why NC doesn't give a sh1t apart from the fact that they never give a sh1t about their playerbase in the first place.

5 minutes ago, animekitty said:

Yes it is an issue and needs to be fixed. They currently have bigger things to deal with at the moment so I doubt they will spend time on this right now. Give it some time.

This issue is an easy fix, apparently limited to we NA/EU honourless cretins and a no brainer for priority attention. Other issues are still awaiting fixes from other regions and therefore, I assume, requiring more work and time.

Little things can often bring better reward :-)

1 minute ago, GnatB said:

Personally, I'd have to argue the loot system in cross dungeon should have to be specified when the leader is first setting up a party, and is unchangeable.  (and is also one of the criteria by which you search).

Yep.

I don't know how the party leader is 'chosen' but if it's ever me, I now tell everyone the loot rules will NOT be changed... and I keep note of the names of those that change them.

There also appear to be clans abusing the system too, with 3/4 members + party leader preying on the incautious. So... stay frosty!

• NCSOFT

Greetings everyone,

We've forwarded the feedback regarding changing the loot type as a maliciously act towards other party members to the development team and they are looking into ways to address this behavior. We'll be sure to provide any updates whether the team has any plans on implementing measures against this behavior.

To those who encounter this behavior, we highly encourage reporting these players to the support team in the meantime, and they will be able to investigate these players further.

8 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings everyone,

We've forwarded the feedback regarding changing the loot type as a maliciously act towards other party members to the development team and they are looking into ways to address this behavior. We'll be sure to provide any updates whether the team has any plans on implementing measures against this behavior.

To those who encounter this behavior, we highly encourage reporting these players to the support team in the meantime, and they will be able to investigate these players further.

It happened to me just 20 minutes ago, i took a screenie, how do we report this guy to support?

27 minutes ago, Chichaz said:

It happened to me just 20 minutes ago, i took a screenie, how do we report this guy to support?

26 minutes ago, Makonia said:

NC has already stated that they don't consider this to be a violation of the ToS.

That said, that the option exists at all in cross-dungeon is questionable - and that it can be changed by a single person is flat out stupid. This needs to be fixed.

15 minutes ago, Bladez said:

The system should at least warn you when you join a party where the leader has Master loot option on. People hardly ever look at the party options. They just join and go and later find out they were left out of bids.

It puts a single line in the chat box when the option is changed. It's unlikely you'd see it mid-fight, and since it's usually done when the boss is at around ~10% health, essentially impossible to get others to stop DPS in time to ditch the leader.

21 minutes ago, Bladez said:

The system should at least warn you when you join a party where the leader has Master loot option on. People hardly ever look at the party options. They just join and go and later find out they were left out of bids.

I recall people saying it can be changed even during battle.

Thus, it can be changed right before the drops, while people are too busy playing to notice the change.

Funny how some say 'just leave pty when he change to MAster loot..

The funny thing is, when the LAST BOOS have like 1% HP left, then Suddenly PL changes to ''MasterLoot, and only bid on items Heroic or Higher''

and PL gets ALL the loot that dropped From Last Boss.

Its not like PL Changes mid Dungeon and at Start.

If this Won't Be changed, And Won't be treated as an Flaw/Exploit Abbuse to Thoose doing this atm.

I certanly Will Quit BnS, Atm i dont go farm Any dungeons which can drop Valuables, unless with Players i knw. As i have Exped this beeing Abused to its Limits.

1 hour ago, Hitokiri said:

If they change loot just leave pt. 

that doesn't solve anything. They change the loot option when HP of boss is like 10 HP left how that matters even if all leave, the leader can finish and loot all the loot. Also if he change before 50% and people leave he can still recruit new people and get items.

It's just virtual loot guys. I would find it annoying but I wouldn't cry overly much about it. just try again with a different group. This sort of thing has to be a rare occurrence. Out of all the dungeon runs I have yet to see it *knocks on wood*

1 minute ago, Liriel said:

It's just virtual loot guys. I would find it annoying but I wouldn't cry overly much about it. just try again with a different group. This sort of thing has to be a rare occurrence. Out of all the dungeon runs I have yet to see it *knocks on wood*

Yeah sure but right now the tome is worth 50 gold! I riot and i will not buy any tome because is probably a scammer selling. But some other player will and he will get the gold.

2 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

That's very encouraging to hear.  In at least one other game I've played where that happened, the devs basically just said "Well, they're free to do that, it's not something reportable."

So.. this  happened to me quite a lot time and getting frustrated whenever the greedy players is the leader and ninja loot everything at  the  last boss.

Will NCsoft take this problem seriously as it's affecting other player's game experiences at the same time.

If they can make vote system for the kick, they should make one for changing the loot as well.

Regards,

Cat on Fire!

As great as that idea sounds, the Dev's have already answered previous complaints about ninja stealing and it all basically amounts to "what that leader did was rude and selfish but it's technically not against any rules so tough luck". 

I agree with what you're saying but there's nothing they will do to change it. I experienced the same thing so all I did was join a guild, befriended mostly everyone in it and ran dungeons with them. This way, I didn't have to worry about being unfairly robbed of a drop that could have been mine. 

Archived