Why is this game getting bad reviews

zullee

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dalamar6 said:

TERA has better looking models by  massive long shot and doesn't have the gameguard rootkit tampering with your normal, harmless software and causing system crashes.

TERA uses iesnare (yes even in the launcher) to generate machine identification, which is probably why their bot ratio was lower. Also, the block list was bigger than **50**.

I quit TERA/GW2 for a reason but I'd honestly rate them both higher than BnS. Even after GW2 went f2p, the gold spam was manageable and I'm pretty sure even now they have more players than BnS.

You have no idea what you're talking about, ncwest only licenses the game from its parent and servers aren't that expensive. Besides that NCwest has had 6+ years worth of unfixed major security issues that any real admin would have fixed in a month or less, telling us not to give them out credit info unless we want it stolen.

With their butchering and censorship of the game they probably cut a lot of corners too! They had to hire the feminist SJWs on the translation team that no one else would take on the cheap.

Anyways before worrying about the game's mediocre graphics there are far more important issues to address. And simply updating textures shouldn't be quite that expensive, look how many games have had modifications or DLCs to increase graphics Hell, Skyrim had a one man mod that made a huge difference.

Changing the graphics here would mean a global graphics change, and yes that's a lot of planning and money that Korean devs might not want to risk, even if we Americans ask for it. The costumes and character appearance are likely the main thing they will help us out on, as seen from the Bamboo Costume. It's just simpler than a whole game land content revamp.

1 hour ago, zullee said:

i was checking out some reviews from pc gamer and game spot and they are giving it bad reviews. i don't think they are realizing its an older game just getting released in the west. They say graphics are outdated and quest get repetitive (what mmo quest don't get repetitive) ect. i for one have having a good time playing and love the game.

Just wanted to see what you guys and gals think about the reviews.

http://www.pcgamer.com/blade-and-soul-review/

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/blade-and-soul-review/1900-6416349/

p.s sorry if my spelling is not so good im sending this on my phone and i got fat fingers :)

To me as a gamer, reviews do not matter at all. The reason is, i can make my own mind about a game. Don't let others dictate what you like or not. We are biased, we prejudiced and further more, each of us has his own personal preferences. Are they objective? Well, some of them try to be but don't forget most people can't understand objectivity that well.

One already answered here that, indeed the game aside the great combat system has not much to offer. Or, nothing you haven't seen in other MMO's. Yet, for me, the PvE side, the Dungeons via Cross-Server matching etc. and the whole Art concept, aesthetics etc. is were the game delivers what no other Western accomplished ever. So, that's a reason enough for me.

Similar with Black Desert, i guarantee you you'll see many bad reviews and personally i have heard them a million times saying the same things over and over and they never look a game into it's depths. To me, since i played both on their Asian version, i know what is worth playing and what is not and objectively, i think, Asian MMO's are still way better than Western MMO's.

6 minutes ago, Neclord said:

Uhmm, what lol.

Show me these "many" other MMO's pls.

I'm starting to think the issue these people have is with the quality of the trees. You won't see a Pixar quality tree in an MMO, it just isn't that easy to do. I mean really, if we nitpick at all the graphics of every game... then what is left to play that's fun?

I couldn't give a shit about this game's graphics as I'm always running it on low anyway so I don't drop in FPS. 

What they need to worry about in this game is the gold buyers, the constant crashing (really getting annoying after my 10th crash today), ninja looters in cross dungeons, and the repetitive quests (this is understandable as most if not all MMO's follow the same route). 

5 minutes ago, IggyZecrow said:

I couldn't give a shit about this game's graphics as I'm always running it on low anyway so I don't drop in FPS. 

What they need to worry about in this game is the gold buyers, the constant crashing (really getting annoying after my 10th crash today), ninja looters in cross dungeons, and the repetitive quests (this is understandable as most if not all MMO's follow the same route). 

Ninja looters? Is this a ninja stealth problem? Or did you enter the dungeon last like I do cause of loading and miss a few things... because of people and running ahead.

Just now, Darkwingz said:

Ninja looters? Is this a ninja stealth problem? Or did you enter the dungeon last like I do cause of loading and miss a few things... because of people and running ahead.

Sorry, what I meant by "Ninja Looters" is party leaders changing the settings to Master Loot where they get all the loot. I call them "Ninja Looters". 

And yes, I have that exact problem too where I'm always last and by the time I've caught up, the boss is already dead and I've missed my quest. 

7 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

I'm starting to think the issue these people have is with the quality of the trees. You won't see a Pixar quality tree in an MMO, it just isn't that easy to do. I mean really, if we nitpick at all the graphics of every game... then what is left to play that's fun?

Yea and if I am being honest, all MMORPGs I played (WoW, Aion, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2) had outdated graphics from the start. But that's fine, I don't need Crysis-like graphics, just give me some pretty character models and nice gameplay like Blade & Soul has.

1 minute ago, IggyZecrow said:

Sorry, what I meant by "Ninja Looters" is party leaders changing the settings to Master Loot where they get all the loot. I call them "Ninja Looters". 

And yes, I have that exact problem too where I'm always last and by the time I've caught up, the boss is already dead and I've missed my quest. 

Ah, then I suggest rounding up a few clan members for alt runs or just any run.

Just now, Darkwingz said:

Ah, then I suggest rounding up a few clan members for alt runs or just any run.

Yea that's what I've been doing now since I'm tired of losing out my chance at the drop. I joined a pretty active clan and I dont have no trust issues anymore. 

Just now, IggyZecrow said:

Yea that's what I've been doing now since I'm tired of losing out my chance at the drop. I joined a pretty active clan and I dont have no trust issues anymore. 

My clan is kind of silent, but I guess I can relate to everyone else. There's just not much to talk about when you're level grinding, so I have no problems waiting for more runs.

1 hour ago, jwhennies said:
  • Bots
  • The Disconnecting
  • People getting banned for buying ncoin
  • Support takes a long time to get back to you
  • also support not reading the tickets just copy paste.
  • there are no devs here talking to us telling us whats going on
  • outfits are not account bound
  • Having to buy $20 of ncoin to get 1 month of premium 
  • The bad translations and voice acting 
  • Cross server dungeons leader can just take all the loot (ncsoft said this was ok)
  • marketplace always crashing
  • we are missing out on content
  • server stability (mostly EU)
  • "bugs" that are costing people Real cash

You forgot the Unbalance of classes in pvp. Were most people say the game shines is in PvP. Some1 mentioned that it will be better when 50 comes out but as of right now the unbalance is real.

2 minutes ago, BlackArt said:

You forgot the Unbalance of classes in pvp. Were most people say the game shines is in PvP. Some1 mentioned that it will be better when 50 comes out but as of right now the unbalance is real.

Yeah, the endgame content should be more balanced... having too much content out at once though could bring up more problems than we already have.

We are actually playing on an old version that is at least 3-4 years old. This is to allow the company to milk money at max results. The problem is many bugs and fixes will not available at this version, so people complaint is true.

The game has lots of contents, the problem is due to market strategy, people are playing on older version with a lots of repetition to allow the company to max profits, simple at that.

1 minute ago, Hitokiri said:

Graphics? Lol, WoW and Lineage 2 have no graphics at all, but many people play them.

The WoW high quality focuses on cutscenes, like Blade and Soul on the costumes. Plus, I guess only those who grew up with WoW with their parents showing it to them would understand more about how great WoW is. My friend nerded out showing me an expansion area when I first played. I still don't really get her enthusiasm.

For me, it's more about them giving a 2012 car a new paint job and trying to sell it for 2016 prices while they clamber to slowly add things like... power windows, central locking, ABS brakes and the like in a mad rush and several annoyingly mandated trips back to their dealership, so they can eventually catch up with the 2016 models being sold elsewhere.

Oh, but forget about the AC. I know every other modern car out there in your market has AC, but other places we sell this car are in the tropics, so they don't need AC. If we gave you AC it would be inconsistent. (*coughaccountboundcosmeticscough*)

Just now, SilverBones said:

For me, it's more about them giving a 2012 car a new paint job and trying to sell it for 2016 prices while they clamber to slowly add things like... power windows, central locking, ABS brakes and the like in a mad rush and several annoyingly mandated trips back to their dealership, so they can eventually catch up with the 2016 models being sold elsewhere.

Oh, but forget about the AC. I know every other modern car out there in your market has AC, but other places we sell this car are in the tropics, so they don't need AC. If we gave you AC it would be inconsistent. (*coughcostumescough*)

You're asking for an impossible revamp. I already said this a thousand times... money, time, schedule. It's like SEGA possibly pushing back PSO2 due to quest and text localization, matching an ESRB rating, releasing it and then getting told that it's old graphics. Every game runs on an engine, and like a car and your laptop... it runs and looks different. 

Personally the combat is the big thing for me. It flows nicely and feels nice. Everything else is pretty typical, been there done that got the tee shirt.

Personally I hate the 'being lead by the nose from hub to hub' quest railroad. GW2 was evolutionary in some areas verging on revolutionary in others. It has tons of little innovations a lot just quality of life. They really did make an effort on a lot of aspects (not just quests) to not just follow the same old formula.   B&S does with combat other stuff not so much.

Graphics are perfectly adequate, not sure why people get so hung up on graphics, game play trumps them every time.

3 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

You're asking for an impossible revamp. I already said this a thousand times... money, time, schedule. It's like SEGA possibly pushing back PSO2 due to quest and text localization, matching an ESRB rating, releasing it and then getting told that it's old graphics. Every game runs on an engine, and like a car and your laptop... it runs and looks different. 

Using a Car as a symbolic comparison probably isn't a very good ideal. In 1960 the car was purchased for 1000 bucks, 45 years later it was given a fresh coat of paint and sold at Barnett's auction for a little over a 1/4 of a million dollars ..... 

4 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Using a Car as a symbolic comparison probably isn't a very good ideal. In 1960 the car was purchased for 1000 bucks, 45 years later it was given a fresh coat of paint and sold at Barnett's auction for a little over a 1/4 of a million dollars ..... 

Yeah, well... I wasn't the one who started it. Anyways... so much money... can't we all just get along without it? No, probably not.

What is beyond me is the fact some newbies here wanted release straight to silverfrost.

The gap between experienced and newbies would be from here to moon.Plus half servers would be deserted in the moment most people step in silverfrost content with lvl 36 junk gear.Most will not be able to even finish the story.Second is the weapon evolve path is revamped and is hella expensive,plus require moonstones...new instances would be impossible.Simple monsters in silverfrost would take ages to be killed.And BnS was going to lose like 80% of the population...

Just silverfrost content is not ment to be directly released.It's just nearly impossible to do anything without proper gear there.

Right now we have introduction content - what is bns and how to learn the simple mechanic.The more we progress - the harder content get.People still keep failling POH,wanna tell you the difference between POH and Snow jade?(And the stats you need to even stood a chance in Snow jade,and actually snowjade is easy compared to next content).

2 hours ago, zullee said:

i was checking out some reviews from pc gamer and game spot and they are giving it bad reviews. i don't think they are realizing its an older game just getting released in the west. They say graphics are outdated and quest get repetitive (what mmo quest don't get repetitive) ect. i for one have having a good time playing and love the game.

Just wanted to see what you guys and gals think about the reviews.

PC reviews tend to be hard on MMOs in general, last time PCGamer gave an MMO a great review it was City of Heroes, which was in the running for game of the year at the time. WOW basically tainted the soil that MMOs tread on. That said I'd say it's a good ARPG that is also a MMO. (ARPG = Action Role Playing Game, ie Diablo) on a scale of 1-10 for games in general, 7/10 out of MMOs only 8/10. Currently the only 9/10 MMO is FFXIV, and even it gets old after a while. WOW because of Blizzard is now a firm 6/10 for me. 

Archived