Why is this game getting bad reviews

zullee

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Gwendle said:

This game offers nothing new. It's a boring grindfest and currently has next to nothing for end-game content. What little end-game content it does have, you're expected to repeat over and over until you finally wake up and realize this game is effing boring as hell. 

Nothing new?  It's a different combat system, and I can't think of any other MMO that allows for aerial combos and grapples.

What I find hard to understand is the people.  "Oh!  This is what I want in an mmo!"  They get it, and then it's something else.  Always comes off more as "What I want is everything I want but FREE!" :p

14 minutes ago, Brand X said:

What I find hard to understand is the people.  "Oh!  This is what I want in an mmo!"  They get it, and then it's something else.  Always comes off more as "What I want is everything I want but FREE!" :p

I get that.  I paid for the game, and my time (premium member) though, so I feel like I sorta got a right to be annoyed and say my bit. 

1 minute ago, Shadesmith said:

I get that.  I paid for the game, and my time (premium member) though, so I feel like I sorta got a right to be annoyed and say my bit. 

I don't think paying for premium is paying for your time.  :p

That's like those people who think if they're not playing the game 24/7 then a subscription isn't worth the game.   This isn't to say we can't all be annoyed by something and wish it was different.

Also, my post was a reply to the "This game offers nothing new."  It totally offers new things to what people have said they wanted in MMOs.  And really, in my experience, when it comes to PvP in the other MMOs, people preferred one vs one, here they get that at it's best, but nuuu...maybe because it lacks an audience.

6 minutes ago, Brand X said:

That's like those people who think if they're not playing the game 24/7 then a subscription isn't worth the game.   This isn't to say we can't all be annoyed by something and wish it was different.

Also, my post was a reply to the "This game offers nothing new."  It totally offers new things to what people have said they wanted in MMOs.  And really, in my experience, when it comes to PvP in the other MMOs, people preferred one vs one, here they get that at it's best, but nuuu...maybe because it lacks an audience.

The problem is that the one new thing it offers is pretty much all it offers. 

4 minutes ago, Brand X said:

I'd argue that to hell and back with you Brand, but its not the topic so I'll drop it with a simple "I disagree with THAT part of your statement. " and let it drop.  Happy to discuss it with you in another thread if you want, dont want to railroad this one too far off topic. ^.^

Now in regards to the nothing new comment.. I'll agree there.  Lots of new fun stuff to mess with.  I love some of the combat options we get here that I've not seen elsewhere, and I really feel like they took the non-tab targeting idea of Tera and improved on it a quite a bit.   I dont PvP here as I've never really enjoyed pvp in any MMO since I stopped playing DAoC, so I cant comment there.

Bots, Bot spammers, endless hacks in the arena (never ending chi, never ending summoner X shield, endless destro spin are just a few among many). Nothing f this is fixed. Overall the game is repetitive as hell. At HM 3 my head hurts from all the same 24 and 4-6 BHS and Supply Chain.  Actually you do annoying stuff everyday - Big 4 then Poh or Misterious Man. In addition, for such a simple game some stuff is confusing as hell. When I hit 45,  It took me almost half an hour of research (call me stupid if you wanna) to understand the difference between Bloodshade Harbor and E. Fleet Supply Chain (The whole 24 and 4 man Misterous Man Thingy. The Blodshade harbor wit its Transgender end boss makes the confusion even more... 

• 5 weeks later...

There's many flaws in this game that I don't like. For example, many bots taking advantage of this game and the people who play this and NCsoft not doing a very good job at this. Grinding take a very long time. And rich quartz location are specific therefore got claim by many other players. The server can't be switch, remenber when you have to wait forever to queuing in a server therefore I made another account in different server, now the newer server are dead there and the "popular" server get more popular and I can't switch server and that is a really dissapointed thing in this game. But this game is still interesting, and fun to play I'm glad that I dont need to spend money to get things in Hongmoon store.

On 2/2/2016 at 9:01 PM, zullee said:

i was checking out some reviews from pc gamer and game spot and they are giving it bad reviews. i don't think they are realizing its an older game just getting released in the west. They say graphics are outdated and quest get repetitive (what mmo quest don't get repetitive) ect. i for one have having a good time playing and love the game.

Just wanted to see what you guys and gals think about the reviews.

http://www.pcgamer.com/blade-and-soul-review/

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/blade-and-soul-review/1900-6416349/

p.s sorry if my spelling is not so good im sending this on my phone and i got fat fingers :)

Honestly, a thing to remember about review sites:

1: Paid advertising, they will say a game is better than it is if the developer spends ad revenue with them, likewise they will nerf a review for developers who don't. As such I do not follow review sites anymore because I don't trust their reviews. 

2: The game is older, and it does have issues that need to be resolved. Laggy, not enough servers in other locations world wide. Compatibility with some newer hardware. 

3: The western version of the story is bad, really bad. The game suffers because the designers never fully made the game they envisioned. Also because NCSoft didn't care about a consistent story the  *cricket* poor anime and the western version have totally different stories. 

4: Not having the man power to clear out the bots, honestly this is harming the game more than anything. I wonder if the gold sellers are trying to kill the game before it has a western market.

5: The reviews are meh, and not horrible. 

6: MMOs usually get poor reviews with traditional gamers, as they do things with the intention of having something to do for long periods of time. 

• 6 months later...

i have a question = are the ppl from pwi involved with BnS in any way ? and so far BnS is better than PWI in every way as far as game play and so far i have not been targeted by the ppl that run the game to Nerff or Brake my toons like i was repeatedly in PWI for years . i love the game and the creator of pw/pwi is a great man and good for his word it will always be my home game , but pwi became a hell where the 6 years planing work and money put into it was a constant fight agenst the person that controlled the game balance PWI has not had any intent to have class and class path balance in many years since the creator was made to leave the Co. as the main guy and influence in game  . ill take no mail  for balance , ill take low bag space for not having the programmer brake my toon just to keep me low out of some hate for me because he was wrong in every way . ill take alot of thing that pwi gives away out of my game for a good honest caring goop like i am seeing in BnS  the one thing i can say about pwi that is positive is the community that is left many are the best ppl aside from the world chat you can see all the jerks in world chat  lol <3 ... BTW you can unlock bag space if you farm items and merchant them :D <3 ~Shen Demon  Penumbra r9rr Lunar class PvE DPS cleric and the Last Nirvana cleric P.S. Blade and soul <3 thank you to the team and all involved for a great game thank you and nay it grow and be prosperous

Archived