Why is this game getting bad reviews

zullee

1 minute ago, animekitty said:

That's greedy? Aside from the mail thing if its true, everything looks perfect to throw in the store for people who like the game and want to support it. Would you rather them throw a weapon that can 1 shot people, because that's the only thing left they can really throw in, congrats your complaining made the game pay 2 win. Inventory isn't an issue once you figure out what to do with your items, outfits are cosmetics you don't have to buy them. Grinding? Yes the party system needs an update but you are complaining about grinding in an mmo?

Because for you, 30+euros to unlock ONE CHARCTER inventory is ok ?

So like the outfit price which are the highest in the mmo world ( and not account bound ) is ok ?

I guess you will need to revise how you value things.

But if its normal for you, NCsoft going to love you.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

too bad the review forget to mention how greedy they are

- forced to pay to use mail

- 30euros+ to unlock a part of the inv for one character

- 15+euros outfit ( LOL )

- grind farmfest at lvl 45

etc...

I mean, this game have a gold gameplay, but its getting ruined by NCSOFT an somes very bad setting. That's really too bad.

Ever play FLYFF? Bots mail you their spam... so yeah. I'd rather have premium options for mail so we don't get that problem either. $10 for perm outfits? Seriously, Dragon Nest outfits cost $30+ for perm costume sets even with a sale. If we didn't have the money grind, the bots would profit more. Until they go away, we'll just have to grind before the update we want.

Just now, wootwoots said:

Because for you, 30+euros to unlock ONE CHARCTER inventory is ok ?

So like the outfit price which are the highest in the mmo world ( and not account bound ) is ok ?

I guess you will need to revise how you value things.

But if its normal for you, NCsoft going to love you.

You know a new game is about $60 or if google is correct 60 euros right? Yes this is a fine system although outfits do need to be account bound.

31 minutes ago, Silxer said:

Nah, Blade and Soul has much better graphics in my opinion compared PWI after playing it for 2 or so years. 

I enjoy the graphics for both but they aren't comparable other than the fact that sometimes I get players/NPCs with block hands which is pretty much the only way hands appear in PWI. A lot of graphics in B&S seem washed out much like TERA and I'll most likely use SweetFX on here just like I did with TERA, couldn't play it without it once I started.

4 minutes ago, animekitty said:

You know a new game is about $60 or if google is correct 60 euros right? Yes this is a fine system although outfits do need to be account bound.

You know that when you are not dumb you can buy new game for around 30-45euros right ?

EDIT : and btw, i was FAR from the real inventory unlock price

according to that topic

its 93usd for a full full inv + storage unlock = roughtly 83euros

So, now ppl are still going to say its normal to pay 83euros to unlock inv, for ONE character ?

20 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

I enjoy the graphics for both but they aren't comparable other than the fact that sometimes I get players/NPCs with block hands which is pretty much the only way hands appear in PWI. A lot of graphics in B&S seem washed out much like TERA and I'll most likely use SweetFX on here just like I did with TERA, couldn't play it without it once I started.

Same, I never said that the graphics of PWI were bad or anything (because PWIs graphics were pretty decent imo) I just think that the graphics of Blade and Soul are a bit better (like how some of the skills animations look compared to PWIs) imo. 

I can't say much about TERA since I never played that game, but honestly I don't have really high standards when it comes to graphics so I'm pretty happy with Blade and Souls graphics overall (even if it isn't top quality graphics). 

Why do you need that much inventory space? I know Archeage isn't expensive in that regard but I maxed my inven out on 2 chars on AA, my bank, and still don't have any space because of all the costumes, materials, consumables, etc I keep in my bank/inventory and then on top of that for the best chest for your house you need to pay real cash for or settle for smaller crafted chests. Now all that is well and good on AA, but honestly how many pots/materials/etc do you need to hold onto in this game? I break down or toss w/e bopae I don't feel like making into fusion powder, I sell any weaps/accessories I get from dungeons or use them on my items to upgrade. And hammers/unseal-reseal/picks/jugs/food/drink don't take up that much space and I say this as a hoarder. I had more trouble keeping up with items on the CN version because you get so many bonus items from their Daily Dashes or from having Premium you get a daily box that has a bunch of random CS items in it.

15 hours ago, Archess said:

Please point me to the MMO's that have actual end game content 3 weeks after launch, other then the 1 or 2 Raid zones, other then the real sandboxes like Ultima Online, these days its 1-3 days to max level and for most 3 days is way too long. Rift did a good job at releasing content really fast after launch, but other then that what we now have in B&S should be the content you have to play around with for the next 6-12 months or so.

At least with B&S being out in KR for such a long time, we will get a steady stream of pre-made content until we catch up, witch isnt that bad if you ask me.

I don't need to direct shi.t to you, and you knew what i ment so don't be stupid.

It's getting bad reviews becuase it doesn't have much content compared to other MMO's out in the market today, matter it's new or old.

Even the korean full version doesn't provide much compared to other MMO's so get a clue you white knight. 

3 hours ago, animekitty said:

Most games can go for much lower than 60$. And a single character bound costume is worth 1/4 of that entire sixty dollar game. Not to mention the premium membership the extra character slots and the new gamble box that will inevitably become an ongoing thing. It'd be better off if the game just become b2p at this point.

PCGAMer author of that review is a hater of BnS and is fanboy of Black Desert and is afraid BnS is going win Black Desert(going release soon) so is trying to take people away from BnS and call them to go Black Desert. 

If you see, he is giving a lot of his personal opinion on that review and review for a site like that should not contain too much personal opinion.

....aaaaand now RNG-based Cash Shop Items.

Overall, I am finding myself get more and more regretful of the Master Pack purchase. At this point I would rather play the JP version with the - now available - full English localization exported form the NA version. I can play for free, play that new Soul Fighter class and just not bother with any new cosmetic stuff.

Its basically this game, except up to date and with the new NA text to make it totally understandable.

On 2/3/2016 at 0:25 AM, jwhennies said:
  • Bots
  • The Disconnecting
  • People getting banned for buying ncoin
  • Support takes a long time to get back to you
  • also support not reading the tickets just copy paste.
  • there are no devs here talking to us telling us whats going on
  • outfits are not account bound
  • Having to buy $20 of ncoin to get 1 month of premium 
  • The bad translations and voice acting 
  • Cross server dungeons leader can just take all the loot (ncsoft said this was ok)
  • marketplace always crashing
  • we are missing out on content
  • server stability (mostly EU)
  • "bugs" that are costing people Real cash

A lot of this stuff seems to be a 'dev side' kind of thing rather than the meat of the game itself, lol

Game itself is cool, a bit dated but still cool. I'm not a big mmo nut like a lot of folks here are, so it's kinda a big step up from things like some nexon mmo's.
To me anyway.

On 2/3/2016 at 11:25 PM, jwhennies said:
  • Bots
  • The Disconnecting
  • Cross server dungeons leader can just take all the loot (ncsoft said this was ok)

1. Agree

2. I've never once been disconnected

3. these are rumors, people can say anything they want, ncsoft will never come out and single out the person for buying gold or botting. Of course the person comes here crying telling lies.

4. Support has always been pretty fast for me, but i really have no issues... everything is fine.

5. All mmo's use generic responses first before escalating.

6. i agree deves should be more active.

7. I dont mind outfits being account bound.

8. This is trivial

9. This is your opinion, i think its fine.

10. yes masterloot ninja's suck but this has happened to many games, hopefully ncsoft addresses the issue.

11. Marketplace has never crashed for me, no idea what your talking about.

12. Yes we are missing content... the game has just launched

On 2/3/2016 at 0:25 AM, jwhennies said:
  • Bots
  • The Disconnecting

I am from Asia and learning English so I've decided to give Blade and Soul USA a try

Here is what I found and m really surprised with

Please forgive my English skills, I'll try my best to make sense in your language

The roulettes that gives out items, the drops of outfits are very diminished. The client I play in Asia, thes outfits from are very comom drops will be more abundant. 

Manju at my character levels, just from interviews I have as many 100. As well as repair tool and high potent heal pots. 

The roulettes daily dash here are many different, Item from interviews and drops from mobs are given. The client I play are given coins that we use to by from premium shop online. 

The Warlock Class is not offered, and it appears that I need to buy from online shop for many items that increase game to enjoy game.

I do not pay for VIP , it seems that here is requisit for to enjoy game. 

Above all, game client appears very currencie needed to enjoy game

This is a clear separation of cultural difference between Western and Eastern Gamers.

Being a Eastern (Chinese) gamer myself love the game. However, growing up in the U.S my opinions are influenced by Western Gamer where the majority seems to hate repetitive daily (which honestly all games are just in different level). Theres always complains about games, but there are just some not worth mentioning.

I Personally love the game for the combat the reason why I jumped servers to servers spending more than thousands of dollar. However I, hate some of the design choices such as Gon Female idle pose where they bent in a way a human would after being ran over by a bus. The game's female walking is also very sexualized unlike the original (2012) neutral design as they walked without distinct gender. I'm not saying this because its degrading for women I'm saying this because I wanted my character to be develop a personality which some of the game's limited movement choices really prevent me from doing so.

For me a MMORPG should not be linear which this game is pretty much walking in a straight line.  I love the story some say cheesy but I say its a classic with a twist. I just wished theres more exploration. The world of Blade and Soul now is more game than world with unrealistic design of a town with everything stripped down to the bone of crafting, merchant, and vendors. Every NPC and enemy seems to know the same martial art making it questionable what Hong Moon Art really is. Theres tactical fighting and theres martial art which I think really separated the Military groups and Martial artist clans. Immersion is pretty much out the window but then again its a Korean game so its not too surprising game play is over immersion. I love the game regardless

Costume wise, its not degrading. I've seen plenty of more inappropriate designed from american games, and television.

I personally would have loved the original game concept which is a game with the same combat mechanic with the exception of a more free open world, with mounts being the main transportation in a vast open oriental world while Wind Walk was designed to be implemented more involved in combat (imagine fighting in air and between bamboo forest). 

The game lacks content,almost no items,in 15-20 hours you already playing engame .No healer or tank class,you can solo almost everything..Combat is good,but sadly thats all the game have to offer.Going back to older mmorpg NCSOFT failed on this one.

Management make it deserve bad opinions. Servers are unstable and laggy as hell. Every maintenance only increase number of bugs. EU servers are especially bad, hell even CN version [with 250+ ping] and russian priv are more stable.

Let's see why .

Im a premium member, and i get absolutely nothing from my sub if not a stupid animation while running/flying and a very ugly useless icon next to my name.

If i pay a monthly fee i expect to have some real benefit, like 1 free character slot or some hongmoon coins based on the time i stay subbed.
Costumes cant be shared between characters so im forced to buy multiple times the same object.
I cant have a shared warehouse/bank between characters.

I cant even send mail in game if i dont charge coins on the account (i did)
I only have 2 characters slots, even as Premium,  that's ridiculus.

I had to run 37 times narrow to get my weapon upgrade, or buy 1 euro worth key in the store.
The crafting system is the worse i ever seen in over 20 years of mmos career. Basically is very messy and totally unfriendly.

The english localization is bad, and i mean really bad. If you played on TW/JP servers, you can see they totally changed both blue and main quest dialogues giving a totally different sense to the story.

The skill book (K) is a mess.

The game is heavly censored compared to the Asian counterparts.

The community is the most unfriendly bunch of ninjamasterlooters, wintrading, ineducate kids i ever seen, not even LOL.

Overall, this game is screaming everywhere that you have to buy stuff on the hongmoon store to be competitive.
I totally understand NC have to live, pay servers rent and so, but there are a lot of F2P games out there that have a much better F2P matrix.

I really like the game, but all this is making it a game you just want to play when you have nothing else to do, so it's vorth a 4/10 review

11 minutes ago, Remlnx said:

Let's see why .

Im a premium member, and i get absolutely nothing from my sub if not a stupid animation while running/flying and a very ugly useless icon next to my name.

If i pay a monthly fee i expect to have some real benefit, like 1 free character slot or some hongmoon coins based on the time i stay subbed.
Costumes cant be shared between characters so im forced to buy multiple times the same object.
I cant have a shared warehouse/bank between characters.

I cant even send mail in game if i dont charge coins on the account (i did)
I only have 2 characters slots, even as Premium,  that's ridiculus.

I had to run 37 times narrow to get my weapon upgrade, or buy 1 euro worth key in the store.
The crafting system is the worse i ever seen in over 20 years of mmos career. Basically is very messy and totally unfriendly.

The english localization is bad, and i mean really bad. If you played on TW/JP servers, you can see they totally changed both blue and main quest dialogues giving a totally different sense to the story.

The skill book (K) is a mess.

The game is heavly censored compared to the Asian counterparts.

The community is the most unfriendly bunch of ninjamasterlooters, wintrading, ineducate kids i ever seen, not even LOL.

Overall, this game is screaming everywhere that you have to buy stuff on the hongmoon store to be competitive.
I totally understand NC have to live, pay servers rent and so, but there are a lot of F2P games out there that have a much better F2P matrix.

I really like the game, but all this is making it a game you just want to play when you have nothing else to do, so it's vorth a 4/10 review

So basically the game is ok but the localization sucks.

You can shove this in your review and smoke it:

- Small dungeon/world size, insufficient content, extreme texture/object pop-ins, view distance, zoning issues.

- Re-skinned mobs/bosses, often unresponsive AI, combo-based combat systems become repetitive.

- Rudimentary crafting, and RNG/Probability-based progression system designed to drive cash shop sales.

- Lack of economy, unable to trade items, progression time-gated, dungeon loot bidding.

- RNG cash shop gambling nonsense, $10-20 outfits, $75 for inventory, $10 for skill pages, $5 for char slots. $100+ per character ($140 CDN).

- Additional subscription fees $140/year ($200 CDN). Tiered subscription model locked behind pay-wall.
- System crashes every 30 mins in e.fleet, 2-4 hrs everywhere else. Unreal 3 Engine. Some intermittent 10-15 fps spikes.

- Poor localization, voice acting delegated to in-house staff without acting experience, lack of asian accents, loss of immersion.

- Bots/spammers, lack of remedial options on launch, queue times.

- Lack of keybinding support, GameGuard, etc...

Archived