Forums

Why is this game getting bad reviews

zullee

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tupan said:
13 minutes ago, Tupan said:

Oh c'mon it was same in every hyped mmo so far.In last 15 years.

Aion for example? When the game released in West there was not much content behind it(It was just up in korea from about a year)and from few hours queue in 16 servers down to merge most of them and still some was a bit empty.Why? Cuz Dark Poeta,Adma and Theo Lab was hard.End game gear was hard.Tons and tons of people rush,failled and quit.

Which is the case in most hard mmos.

The crying in Wildstar? Please...

Lin2? Epic open world mass pvp game with tons of fun,yet fail in west.Same for lin1(which is still among the most played mmos in Korea,and West servers closed like over a decade ago).

Oh c'mon it was same in every hyped mmo so far.In last 15 years.

Aion for example? When the game released in West there was not much content behind it(It was just up in korea from about a year)and from few hours queue in 16 servers down to merge most of them and still some was a bit empty.Why? Cuz Dark Poeta,Adma and Theo Lab was hard.End game gear was hard.Tons and tons of people rush,failled and quit.

Which is the case in most hard mmos.

The crying in Wildstar? Please...

Lin2? Epic open world mass pvp game with tons of fun,yet fail in west.Same for lin1(which is still among the most played mmos in Korea,and West servers closed like over a decade ago).

12 minutes ago, Tupan said:

I play on Aion from the start, the problem is we are only few months behind Korea version. HOWEVER, the problem is different with this game.

It is the same as Age of BULLSHIT, the game is YEARS behind in contents. The company want max profits, they will catch up faster, but you can look at the list of updates from Korea version and you can see we are just playing on much much older versions.

I still remember in Age of BULLSHIT, we start the game on what? A beta version of Chinese version, seriously the same things, all the bugs, all the problems, all the things people ask to fix already have been done on new version, but not available until the schedule catch up.

1 minute ago, Silmaria said:

The problem with your thinking is the game only come out recently. HOWEVER, we are playing on a really old version that is 4-5 years old outdated.

See the problem, we are playing the catch up, same with Age of BULLSHIT with many bugs, problems already fixed on newer version, but the company want to max profits, so they rather we are playing on bugged older versions.

Lots of complaint people are having, guess what? It is fixed years ago, but we will have to wait for months and years to get those.

Look, if you'd rather play in words you can't read or interpret correctly then by all means play the Korean version. Not everyone is bilingual, and not everyone understands how much prep work goes into localization. The time it takes to get a game to the good 'ol USA is to match an ESRB rating, all while maintaining most of the storyline. Plus, as the staff said... not all words mean the same thing to both countries, and there are definitely jokes that we won't get as often. Such as the quest in Blade in Soul with the letter in the gourd from the sparrow. 

Everytime people call a game out for having bad/outdated graphics without going into details really irritates me, especially when what actually they talk about are aesthetics/style. Graphics are dictated by the engine. It allows the developer to use certain techniques or go into more detail for a certain aesthetic. Which means a game can have bad graphics but a good style. Or a game can have great graphics but a bad aesthetic. I really wish more people would make the distinction.

2 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

Look, if you'd rather play in words you can't read or interpret correctly then by all means play the Korean version. Not everyone is bilingual, and not everyone understands how much prep work goes into localization. The time it takes to get a game to the good 'ol USA is to match an ESRB rating, all while maintaining most of the storyline. Plus, as the staff said... not all words mean the same thing to both countries, and there are definitely jokes that we won't get as often. Such as the quest in Blade in Soul with the letter in the gourd from the sparrow. 

Seriously, white knight. You are the same kind as in Age of BULLSHIT that I deal for 2 years. Guess what? Most of those people quit the game first.

I am talking about bugs, glitch, and fixes, which already available in Korea, but we are playing on a MUCH OLDER VERSION. Like Warlock, already in game, just need a switch on, so what is there to put in?

Do you enjoy playing on much older version and the reason why because the game company want to make more PROFITS to play catch up?

Seriously, this is not the problem with this game alone, but many games that port with YEARS OF CONTENTS BEHIND.

7 minutes ago, Silmaria said:

Seriously, white knight. You are the same kind as in Age of BULLSHIT that I deal for 2 years. Guess what? Most of those people quit the game first.

I am talking about bugs, glitch, and fixes, which already available in Korea, but we are playing on a MUCH OLDER VERSION. Like Warlock, already in game, just need a switch on, so what is there to put in?

Do you enjoy playing on much older version and the reason why because the game company want to make more PROFITS to play catch up?

Seriously, this is not the problem with this game alone, but many games that port with YEARS OF CONTENTS BEHIND.

These problems could be entirely new for all you know. I would much rather have an English version than not have one at all. Or, have you seen Engrish translations in apps and online game fan translations? It's not at all reflective of quality. As for the bugs... this is a launch, things are always bumpy after new content is released or changes or made. Also, I don't recall a game named age of bull... perhaps I don't care about your reference if it doesn't exist?

7 minutes ago, Mokiki said:

Everytime people call a game out for having bad/outdated graphics without going into details really irritates me, especially when actually they talk about are aesthetics/style. Graphics are dictated by the engine. It allows the developer to use certain techniques or go into more detail for a certain aesthetic. Which means a game can have bad graphics but a good style. Or a game can have great graphics but a bad aesthetic. I really wish more people would make the distinction.

I haven't checked on graphics updates from this games, but same situation in Age of BULLSHIT with much updated graphic that took the US version a freaking 1 years to get while we listen to it all the time and watch youtube on how wonderful the graphic updates will make the game more enjoyable.

Day/Night Cycle, Weather system and such. I am sure graphic updates already on new version as usually the case, but it won't be available now since we are playing catch up for more profits.

Actually we have lvl 50 client with locked content.The lvl 45 old client is no more and as a person that played back then I know the difference...

Now simple hint: WK weapons,and the class was introduced in 50 patch.Abit over an year ago.4-5 years old client? Read your homework next time.

1 minute ago, Tupan said:

Actually we have lvl 50 client with locked content.The lvl 45 old client is no more and as a person that played back then I know the difference...

Now simple hint: WK weapons,and the class was introduced in 50 patch.Abit over an year ago.4-5 years old client? Read your homework next time.

Is it? So we have more contents and not available now? So all your defending about localization is just a big pile of CRAPS now?

So, what in the new updates from Korea version that we are getting for ours clients? Did all those glitch and bugs fix? More details then since you are claiming we are playing on a new version of clients.

Is the updates to combat again bots also in there as well?

3 minutes ago, Silmaria said:

Is it? So we have more contents and not available now? So all your defending about localization is just a big pile of CRAPS now?

So, what in the new updates from Korea version that we are getting for ours clients? Did all those glitch and bugs fix? More details then since you are claiming we are playing on a new version of clients.

Is the updates to combat again bots also in there as well?

It is, was mentioned in a Q&A video by NCsoft from 2 weeks ago lol

Just now, Laoshottie said:

It is, was mentioned in a Q&A video by NCsoft from 2 weeks ago lol

So, the combat against bots also included in there as well?

I remember in Age of BULLSHIT, the company also said the same things, but later found out that they LIED big time.

Many features to combat against bots available on newest versions, but we have to endure the older version with lots of things bots couldn't do in new version.

Just now, Tupan said:

Just because we have 50 client it doesn't mean everything is translated,localized etc.Give them time lol.

If it will be the same translation as 1-45 than i would rather not have it translated. that is some of the worst translation i have ever seen

Just now, Silmaria said:

So, the combat against bots also included in there as well?

I remember in Age of BULLSHIT, the company also said the same things, but later found out that they LIED big time.

Many features to combat against bots available on newest versions, but we have to endure the older version with lots of things bots couldn't do in new version.

If you're talking about bots that run and kill shit, no. But they did cut themselves off to openly and bluntly talk about the actions against the gold spammers which you can see slowly working, specially from todays patch. If they can do that, they can surely work on combating those bots roaming around and filling up factions. Discourage bots because they cant spam and we're all waiting on the gold - ncoin, vice versa, exchange system like Guild Wars 2 gems, which will combat bots because if people really want gold, just sell legit ncoin to players bought from NCsoft lol

3 minutes ago, Tupan said:

Just because we have 50 client it doesn't mean everything is translated,localized etc.Give them time lol.

Well, in any mmo being localized years later in a different country, a company is going to profit from the initial burst of interest then loyal players who stay will build up the eagerness to wanting to spend money on new shiny toys which the company will be like "Releasing soon on this date!" A game of emotion and mind games basically

Just now, Laoshottie said:

If you're talking about bots that run and kill shit, no. But they did cut themselves off to openly and bluntly talk about the actions against the gold spammers which you can see slowly working, specially from todays patch. If they can do that, they can surely work on combating those bots roaming around and filling up factions. Discourage bots because they cant spam and we're all waiting on the gold - ncoin, vice versa, exchange system like Guild Wars 2 gems, which will combat bots because if people really want gold, just sell legit ncoin to players bought from NCsoft lol

I think you are misunderstanding something, they just like many porting games don't create or do anything new, they are simply PORTING things that already exists.

Again, this is not the first game that do this. Dealing with bots require lots of time and effort, which already been in Korea for YEARS, but we are again slowly getting those updates.

That's what people failed to understand, the US localization doesn't create or write new codes, just porting what already been there.

8 minutes ago, Tupan said:

I just check, the Korea version lv 50 client update was implement on Jun 28 2013. Guess by using client lv 50 update, we are only like 2.5 years behind in client, but around 4 years behind in contents.

Warlock was released winter 2014.

Plus we don't have Korean client.We have the chinese one just like taiwan and japan.

Koreans have better client.And gold has different value there.And they have slightly different story.And by better client I mean textures etc.

Just now, Tupan said:

Warlock was released winter 2014.

And not in game now, so client is around over 1 year old with many skill not fixes and PvP balance between classes still years behind.

You know this is also one of the main things people complaint about.

1 minute ago, Tupan said:

PVP Skill balance we have september 2015.Learn your homework.

In one week we get the latest skill build from December.

Really? Link then.

So we got everything up so far, but 4 years behind in contents which a lot of people bored out of theirs mind and the major points of complaint.

Did you say something about take times for localization?

3 hours ago, jwhennies said:
  • Bots
  • The Disconnecting
  • People getting banned for buying ncoin
  • Support takes a long time to get back to you
  • also support not reading the tickets just copy paste.
  • there are no devs here talking to us telling us whats going on
  • outfits are not account bound
  • Having to buy $20 of ncoin to get 1 month of premium 
  • The bad translations and voice acting 
  • Cross server dungeons leader can just take all the loot (ncsoft said this was ok)
  • marketplace always crashing
  • we are missing out on content
  • server stability (mostly EU)
  • "bugs" that are costing people Real cash

This is exactly the game is going to die in less than one year.  A game that I love and waited for 5 years. cause again good games are owned by guys who who hire employees and never check on them

the Support system its truly Just  auto responses. they dont care about customers. 

the try to help out with bots but they them selfs are not online. I purposly left one signle bot unblock and it was there for 3 days..  our GMS are not active at all.

our wardrope is not account bound .  I mean I already gave you 10 euros for a suit. Why I am forbidden to use it on my other characters. 

They need to Step up their game... this GM/admin team is totally not helping with anything. what are they busy with ? polishing their nails ? I dont get it. smaller companies with fewer employees do a lot much better job than you guys do...   

5 minutes ago, Silmaria said:

Really? Link then.

So we got everything up so far, but 4 years behind in contents which a lot of people bored out of theirs mind and the major points of complaint.

Did you say something about take times for localization?

We have 2.7 skillpatch atm.Google what that mean.3.0 is the latest and however we will have it in a week.

They want people to learn the basic,because now is easy but later not so.If people know the basic and how to play ther class will lead to less frustrated left players aka income in long term business.Because there is not many companies out there focusing on short term.If they wanted short term deal the cash shop would be much more aggressive.

Archived