Why is this game getting bad reviews

zullee

1 minute ago, Darkwingz said:

You're asking for an impossible revamp. I already said this a thousand times... money, time, schedule. It's like SEGA possibly pushing back PSO2 due to quest and text localization, matching an ESRB rating, releasing it and then getting told that it's old graphics. Every game runs on an engine, and like a car and your laptop... it runs and looks different. 

Well, not really. I am not asking them to revamp anything. Asking for account bound cosmetics is not a change of key engine features, it is to do with the money shop and item delivery. (Which they have shown they can do with Founders Items already to a degree.) To use the same car analogy, the actual engine in a type of car does not change each year, in fact in some cars, the engine remains the same, it is just the bodywork, extra features, quality of life additions and the like that get upgraded with each new year release.

Right now we bought into an 2012 NCSoft Car that was dressed up like a 2016 Car of the same model. They are charging 2016 Founders Packs pricing for a game that is 4 years old in build. When we got a look under the fresh paint job though, we can see that a bunch of features that are available in other builds are not even in sight for us. Hell, Japan just got the second new class today. That means that JP ( a region that is dead as a door nail, by the way) is now two classes and a hell of a lot of content ahead of us and for what purpose?

So the NA/EU market has time to spend even more money.

Now don't get me wrong. Revenue for things like cosmetics and Premium Time and all that is needed for development. I am all about giving money to a game I like and I LOVE Blade and Soul, but this practice of putting content behind artificial delays and locks is not having the expected effect of letting people experiance content slowly, but rather making many people bitter over the fact that they are having their leashes tugged, and their out-of-date 2012 car could be a 2016 sports edition with a 'flick of the switch' but isn't for no other reason than a marketing choice.

Now you tell me... how can you be a founder for a game build that is already 4 years out of date? You aren't feeding any development. You are simply paying cash for stuff that is being purposefully held back, and then that money is going into Premium Memberships. Its financial exsanguination while you wait at the behest of a business plan. I want BnS to succeed, but this is not a new game we bought into. Had they released it with all the key features in place (Warlock, Tower of Mushin, 50 Cap, new dungeons, etc.) then you could say you were buying into 2016 content.

Right now, I can't honestly state that I have invested money into anything other than a poor business practice that - while potentially had noble ideals - has failed it's user base on a grand scale by treating them like they don't know whats good for them and holding back the good stuff for when they start getting bored.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SilverBones said:

Well, not really. I am not asking them to revamp anything. Asking for account bound cosmetics is not a change of key engine features, it is to do with the money shop and item delivery. (Which they have shown they can do with Founders Items already to a degree.) To use the same car analogy, the actual engine in a type of car does not change each year, in fact in some cars, the engine remains the same, it is just the bodywork, extra features, quality of life additions and the like that get upgraded with each new year release.

Right now we bought into an 2012 NCSoft Car that was dressed up like a 2016 Car of the same model. They are charging 2016 Founders Packs pricing for a game that is 4 years old in build. When we got a look under the fresh paint job though, we can see that a bunch of features that are available in other builds are not even in sight for us. Hell, Japan just got the second new class today. That means that JP ( a region that is dead as a door nail, by the way) is now two classes and a hell of a lot of content ahead of us and for what purpose?

Now don't get me wrong. Revenue for things like cosmetics and Premium Time and all that is needed for development. I am all about giving money to a game I like and I LOVE Blade and Soul, but this practice of putting content behind artificial delays and locks is not having the expected effect of letting people experiance content slowly, but rather making many people bitter over the fact that they are having their leashes tugged, and their out-of-date 2012 car could be a 2016 sports edition with a 'flick of the switch' but isn't for no other reason than a marketing choice.

Now you tell me... how can you be a founder for a game build that is already 4 years out of date? You aren't feeding any development. You are simply paying cash for stuff that is being purposefully held back, and then that money is going into Premium Memberships. Its financial exsanguination while you wait at the behest of a business plan. I want BnS to succeed, but this is not a new game we bought into. Had they released it with all the key features in place (Warlock, Tower of Mushin, 50 Cap, new dungeons, etc.) then you could say you were buying into 2016 content.

Right now, I can't honestly state that I have invested money into anything other than a poor business practice that - while potentially had noble ideals - has failed it's user base on a grand scale by treating them like they don't know whats good for them and holding back the good stuff for when they start getting bored.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and coding is not a one day or week kinda deal. It takes time to test everything after change. It may take two weeks to a few months, depending on how much content we have to catch up with.

3 minutes ago, SilverBones said:

I wanna see you in without gear in 50 content.You will quit in the next day - actually 2h after you step in silverfrost,and that only if you stubborn otherwise top 1h.And like you will be 80% of the players.

Just now, Darkwingz said:

Yeah, well... I wasn't the one who started it. Anyways... so much money... can't we all just get along without it? No, probably not.

Looks like i Fat fingered and quoted wrong person , anyways adding visual appeal is what makes the biggest money, Game can be the best game we have ever played, as players we can go to our friends with so much #hype, but they tog into it and it look like a Contra on arcade machine, and it will bring bad reviews, People like things that look nice, nice looking things will bring a lot of money,I.E. A Vincent Van Gogh painting sells for big money and does nothing but hangs on a wall. 

20 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Using a Car as a symbolic comparison probably isn't a very good ideal. In 1960 the car was purchased for 1000 bucks, 45 years later it was given a fresh coat of paint and sold at Barnett's auction for a little over a 1/4 of a million dollars ..... 

Also, that car is a classic. I had a 1985 Chevy Astro and I sold it for $200, because it was a piece of crap. To compare that to this game? Copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga were going for thousands of dollars for the Sega Saturn because it was an amazing and rare game. This game is free to everyone and is already showing signs of wear and tear. Seriously I would give my left nut for a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. I am holding back on giving BnS any more money until the Warlock comes out and even then, that will be from NCoin I have not spent from my Founders pack.

No new revenues here. (Until they put the Infernal Lord costume on the market. Then I am getting it just because.)

I wanna see you in without gear in 50 content.You will quit in the next day - actually 2h after you step in silverfrost,and that only if you stubborn otherwise top 1h.And like you will be 80% of the players.

You... do realize that you can still go through the starter content, right? That having a goal to aim for is better then knowing an artificial stopping block is just ready to hit you in the face?

What motivation is there? Why bother when you know you are going to hit an end point and just... stop, at least until new stuff comes out.

I can only speak for myself, it's true. You guys may not agree with me, and that's fine. i don;t pretend to speak for any part of the community, but I am seeing a lot of people share my feelings. I hope it is enough to persuade NCsoft to relook at their business practices. If not then what have I got to lose? I already spent the money and I can simply hold off playing until I feel it's worth it.

I would just like to see the game succeed by meeting - what appears to be - Market demand, rather then fail trying to fight it.

1 minute ago, SilverBones said:

You... do realize that you can still go through the starter content, right? That having a goal to aim for is better then knowing an artificial stopping block is just ready to hit you in the face?

What motivation is there? Why bother when you know you are going to hit an end point and just... stop, at least until new stuff comes out.

I can only speak for myself, it's true. You guys may not agree with me, and that's fine. i don;t pretend to speak for any part of the community, but I am seeing a lot of people share my feelings. I hope it is enough to persuade NCsoft to relook at their business practices. If not then what have I got to lose? I already spent the money and I can simply hold off playing until I feel it's worth it.

I would just like to see the game succeed by meeting - what appears to be - Market demand, rather then fail trying to fight it.

Having Blade in Soul out in 2016 rather than 2019 or never is great. We can actually play it in English... without having player made servers or patches without risking our computer.

What motivation when you can't kill a simple dailly monster without help of full group? What motivation when your lvl 42 weapon will require 1 bilion of materials and few evo stones that will be like 20g each.Or more actually.What motivation when you go in the first 24 man instance and the monsters 1 shot you? And that in case you can actually do the story before that(wich you will not be able to) ?

Just now, Tupan said:

What motivation when you can't kill a simple dailly monster without help of full group? What motivation when your lvl 42 weapon will require 1 bilion of materials and few evo stones that will be like 20g each.Or more actually.What motivation when you go in the first 24 man instance and the monsters 1 shot you? And that in case you can actually do the story before that(wich you will not be able to) ?

Part of localization is change, if we need upgrade material or dungeon change...we can always ask the Korean devs. 

1 minute ago, Tupan said:

I don't think you and I are communicating very well...

I don't need to rush to end game. I can take my time, that part is fine. But there are fundamental, quality of life features or even gameplay mechanics / classes / skills that are either missing or being held back on purpose that are still relevant to the starting areas. I am much more concerned about that than being the super-leet end-game nuke-wizard. That is really not my bag, baby. </AustinPowers>

Part of localization is change, if we need upgrade material or dungeon change...we can always ask the Korean devs. 

Exactly. Right now it feels like we are the ragged cat just off the street to the Eastern snuggle-basket of cuddly, clean kitties.

I must be getting tired. These analogies are getting ludicrous.

Don't be naive you may not rush but 99% will and most of them will quit.

"QQ Another Korean Grind Game QQ"

Most atm can't do even POH and thats the easiest end game dungeon we will get.

Yeti without gear? Snake 4(for silverfrost craft designs)? Please snake 4 main boss has so short enrage timer,that even with much better gear we have now just require 1 person to mess up and you are done - wipe.

2 minutes ago, Tupan said:

I can only speak for myself. I don't make assumptions of any other player, other than what I have observed, and the people I play with are more than happy to take their time and grind to get costumes from drops and the like.

Truthfully I try to stay away from gross generalizations because I know players are crazy individualized. Saying 99% of players will power grind to the end and quit is unrealistic in my eyes. 99% of Founders were not level 45 by the end of the first week. Hell, I still haven't hit 40 on my 'main' yet and I am already feeling the ire of lacking content. Between not having the main class of choice and just bumming around, only to have the cool stuff be bound to my crappy alt?

Yeah, no motivation for me at all. It's not just content, they need to fix their other practices too fro it to really make me want to invest my time.

3 minutes ago, Tupan said:

Poh was hard at first, then I just learned that the field run was easiest for me if I have the right potions and I can go at my own pace... wait, my party just left me alone again. I'll just meet up with them after... how many respawned behind them?! I thought stealth would be fun to use, but it gets it's bad uses sometimes. But yeah, if you go as a clan, it's easy... long as you don't...lerroy.

4 minutes ago, Tupan said:

By "most atm can't do even POH" where are you getting these statistics? How do you know it's most and not a small sample size? Everyone I've ran into, regardless of gear, can be carried and/or taught how to do POH6. I did instances and E fleet undergeared lol. Your views are highly biased, therefore, please do not state them as a fact and with absolution. 

Poh was hard at first, then I just learned that the field run was easiest for me if I have the right potions and I can go at my own pace... wait, my party just left me alone again. I'll just meet up with them after... how many respawned behind them?! I thought stealth would be fun to use, but it gets it's bad uses sometimes. But yeah, if you go as a clan, it's easy... long as you don't...lerroy.

At least you got chicken.

Let's see, and this is aside from the shaky launch of the game in EU/Na regions :

+No hardcore pve endgame content, the actual endgame pve content is a joke for any hardcore guilds out there , i don't know how much the game is going to change but the game has been tested based on the actual state.

+End game PVP balance is a joke, which is suposed to be the game's forte, and it fails, it just can't be competitive at the time being , i don't know how much the 50 patch is going to fix, but the game has been rate on the actual state. 

+Holding up on latest content to milk players out more and on a longer run is a bad. The game has already been released too late in EU/NA, everything is so outdated aside from the combat system which is the only thing the game has to it atm that other mmos don't, aside from TERA and the likes. the game shouldve been released with the latest SEA patches/classes/content.

+Many top streamers tried the game and gave up on it once max lvl / coz it gets boring and there's just no real content/fun content to stream.

yeah the game is fun that's the reason we play it, yeah we love the fact that it's free to play but the game testers have to be realistic and coherent in their tests they can't give FF14 and 8/10 and then give b&s 7/10 let's be honest in all fairness to b&s and other mmos.

1 minute ago, Smumisimu said:

Let's see, and this is aside from the shaky launch of the game in EU/Na regions :

+No hardcore pve endgame content, the actual endgame pve content is a joke for any hardcore guilds out there , i don't know how much the game is going to change but the game has been tested based on the actual state.

+End game PVP balance is a joke, which is suposed to be the game's forte, and it fails, it just can't be competitive at the time being , i don't know how much the 50 patch is going to fix, but the game has been rate on the actual state. 

+Holding up on latest content to milk players out more and on a longer run is a bad. The game has already been released too late in EU/NA, everything is so outdated aside from the combat system which is the only thing the game has to it atm that other mmos don't, aside from TERA and the likes. the game shouldve been released with the latest SEA patches/classes/content.

+Many top streamers tried the game and gave up on it once max lvl / coz it gets boring and there's just no real content/fun content to stream.

yeah the game is fun that's the reason we play it, yeah we love the fact that it's free to play but the game testers have to be realistic and coherent in their tests they can't give FF14 and 8/10 and then give b&s 7/10 let's be honest in all fairness to b&s and other mmos.

Have you tried the Black Ram Supply Chain dungeon? My first time was a nightmare, and I still haven't gone back there without a party that'll stand by me even if I mess up and die first.  The aggro is def not a casual one... or one when you're tired and can afk tank.

Oh c'mon it was same in every hyped mmo so far.In last 15 years.

Aion for example? When the game released in West there was not much content behind it(It was just up in korea from about a year)and from few hours queue in 16 servers down to merge most of them and still some was a bit empty.Why? Cuz Dark Poeta,Adma and Theo Lab was hard.End game gear was hard.Tons and tons of people rush,failled and quit.

Which is the case in most hard mmos.

The crying in Wildstar? Please...

Lin2? Epic open world mass pvp game with tons of fun,yet fail in west.Same for lin1(which is still among the most played mmos in Korea,and West servers closed like over a decade ago).

41 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

Rome wasn't built in a day, and coding is not a one day or week kinda deal. It takes time to test everything after change. It may take two weeks to a few months, depending on how much content we have to catch up with.

The problem with your thinking is the game only come out recently. HOWEVER, we are playing on a really old version that is 4-5 years old outdated.

See the problem, we are playing the catch up, same with Age of BULLSHIT with many bugs, problems already fixed on newer version, but the company want to max profits, so they rather we are playing on bugged older versions.

Lots of complaint people are having, guess what? It is fixed years ago, but we will have to wait for months and years to get those.

Archived