If you think Summoners are OP, consider this...

Archaegeo

In the 2015 World Championships, zero summoners made the round of 16.

In the December 2015 leaderboards, in the top 500, summoners were at the bottom, second lowest only to FMs.

Destroyers with red spin consider summoners an autowin

FM's that know how to freeze and get behind are much the same.

And good KFMs are a complete nightmare.

I couldn't agree more with what you said Archaegeo. In the Arena, skilled KFM & FM and any random Destroyer (no skills needed) can wipe the floor with any summoner. And they call Summoners OP, but that's just because they are jealous that we have a CAT and they don't!!!

;)

I feel you posted this in the wrong class forum. Any summoner who does a bit of research comes across that 2015 tournament during their pvp research. It's those KFM's, Destroyers, FM's and others that need to see their own stats to know what they have going for them.

The people who complain about summoners in arena are the ones stuck in silver who have problems with all classes, but feel especially humiliated getting killed by a kitty cat. Other than the summoner not being OP, there are a lot of summoners in silver, because it's an attractive class for people who solo PvE a lot and aren't really into PvP.

On 3.2.2016 at 3:44 AM, Archaegeo said:

In the 2015 World Championships, zero summoners made the round of 16.

In the December 2015 leaderboards, in the top 500, summoners were at the bottom, second lowest only to FMs.

Destroyers with red spin consider summoners an autowin

FM's that know how to freeze and get behind are much the same.

And good KFMs are a complete nightmare.

Guess what? 
The 2015 World Championship was played on a completely different skillpatch+ lvl 50.

(Same goes for the Leaderboards)
but thank you for pointing out again that there will be some major nerfs in the future for Summoners.

So enjoy ur Summoner in our current skillpatch as long as u can cuz it wont stay like this. xd

I played Final Fantasy XI for about 7 years. willing to say 5 years of that was spent on BST and SMN (summoner). I thoroughly enjoy the solo PVE aspect of the class. I did in FFXI, and I just started this game yesterday and enjoy the solo pve  of summoner here. I find the use of PRO and OP. to be vastly over used. Ppl will play the meta classes for the overwhelming strength or ability to 100% stealth kills to be children and get their jollies. Just like those that camp the lowbie towns I say yesterday to keep killing the lvl 4's in their freshly obtained faction gi's if you think you're pro or OP. go serve in the military, be a hero for real. or go cure cancer. summoner is a wonderful solo pve class. and I've seen videos of summoners whipping every class thus far in arena. don't worry about the meta's in pvp play what you like. but above all no more QQ, I love my lil' summoner and will defend the class XD

12 hours ago, MrDraco said:

Destroyers are aids.

Not really, if you time assasin's stealth and get behind the summoner and hit him with a stun from the back, then his spin stops and you are free to go, not even going to talk about ranged :D

20 hours ago, Zendenn said:

I couldn't agree more with what you said Archaegeo. In the Arena, skilled KFM & FM and any random Destroyer (no skills needed) can wipe the floor with any summoner. And they call Summoners OP, but that's just because they are jealous that we have a CAT and they don't!!!

;)

Kitty gone wild though :3

1 hour ago, evri said:

Guess what? 
The 2015 World Championship was played on a completely different skillpatch+ lvl 50.

but thank you for pointing out again that there will be some major nerfs in the future for Summoners.

So enjoy ur Summoner in our current skillpatch as long as u can cuz it wont stay like this. xd

Why nerf a class, that isn't even op. They should nerf the stealth times on Assasins and the dmg on Destroyer

I couldn't agree more with this. My summoner isn't OP at all, I need to get a big luck at getting easy opponent just to complete daily quest, sometimes win 1 in 5 match.

I'm not into PvP but i still need to do it for quests and items, and I always pray Luck God for easy opponents.

I think all class are balance 'cause sometime i can beat them and sometime not. But destroyer and FM are real threat (even without skilled player).

/r/summonercirclejerk m'fellow preachers

But for real no point in making threads like these here since mostly summoners look at them. Summoners are mostly noob stompers, they can defeat people under gold to gold without effort mostly, but rarely make it to platinum-diamond because people know how to deal with them.

When the warlock class comes out everyone will start to complain saying its op. I don't think summoners is op at all they don't take damage very well. One hit and one third of my health is gone. Have seen the cats teleport all over the place on some players not sure if that's a skill you get later on that seems op.

14 hours ago, evri said:

Guess what? 

The Feb 10'th patch is doing major nerfs to Blade Dancer's and Destroyer's.

Hope you're not one of them, since no more "Spin & Win"

Also i find it funny people not playing summoner's coming in on summoner forum. .

Learn all classes abilities and you can beat them all.

4jlsf4.jpg*R.I.P*

6 hours ago, hynaku said:

When the warlock class comes out everyone will start to complain saying its op. I don't think summoners is op at all they don't take damage very well. One hit and one third of my health is gone. Have seen the cats teleport all over the place on some players not sure if that's a skill you get later on that seems op.

Warlock already got nerfed hard.  The guy who won the 2015 worlds with it wont play it anymore

A lot of the issues I've found with complaints about fighting against Summoners is most people get their feet wet in pvp by 30, sometimes a little earlier. And unlike most classes Summoner gets access to their CC earlier because its tied to their cooldowns/nukes, and many classes get their escapes or pulls late. When it comes to 45 though, from personal experience.

A Good Kung Fu Master vs an average one is noticeable within seconds. A good one is trouble and frustration with the feeling that there's almost nothing  you can do. An average or bad one is a joke-- and one that tries to grapple is a free win from Kitty Punishing every attempt. I personally don't have much advice to give against good Kung Fu Masters, because they stomp me so soundly that I don't get to try much to see what works, and good ones are so rare that its not a match-up I get to indulge in much. I've found Petal guard breaks to be the best option, but bleh. Need more matches.

Blade Dancer, same deal. Toss Cat and try to keep us secular. The 'counter' to that behavior is to try to get to your cat so they have to whirl on it. I legitimately feel its a skill matchup. Its difficult to go for the pin burst on them because it feels like they get more escapes, and you have to be cautious with when you go to engage with CC when they spin.

Destroyer is a Blight to this class. Everything they do is splash based. Keep your cat distant and curled and just try to avoid as many of their cooldowns as possible. But the reality is they have so many things to blend that match our CC cooldowns that its very difficult to find any opening at all. Usually I try to all-in on them when they pull out the shield. The cat is a liability outside of curl for most of the matchup and becomes a health tap or all-in option. You also get to play guessing games on if  you're going to have them jump-stomp at you or the axe. You have tools to deal with both, but these moves are so damn fast that it can be difficult to react. I've found that usually most players jump-stomp towards you first.

Blade Master has every right to complain about us. I think they simply don't get the tools to deal with us until 50. Even Blade Masters in tag matches who I see stomping other classes just feel totally free to me. I don't really have a strategy. I treat them like a typical npc mob that stuns me once in awhile. Sorry Blade Masters, we'll see how it works out when you get your Hongmoon parries/blocks.

Force Masters are weird. I feel like its a fight in our favor because of Petal but I've come across the occasional Force Master who can make it challenging. Usually I can tell within seconds if the fight is a challenge or not by the following: Are they putting a single stack of chill on the cat and ignoring it? If they are, this fight will be a challenge. If they're opting for real CC or just fighting you or AoEing both of you, its going to be easy. Just turtling and let them run out of resource works wonders typically, with petals going out anytime a high burst is incoming. Similarly if you're playing 3v3 and you see them planting meteors on  your team-mate, tag in and throw up petals and watch the salt flow.

Assassins are a pretty 50-50 match. Earlier in the game they're a free win. Later in the game when everyone has their tools it can be trying. I heard the match-up is supposedly 3-7, but I don't know what patch they get that metric from.  If I lose to an assassin, it isn't because they killed me, its because they won via Time Out which is probably one of the better options against us. This may be because my spec is based on attrition (though so are most summoner specs), lots of curls and healing and going for pin-bursts, and with Assassins being so easily elusive outside of Doom and Bloom it can be a pain to get a pin to burst them, not to mention they get a couple escape options. If I fish the Pin, I win. If I fail the pin, I'll usually lose because the timer will typically be in their favor for doing more damage than me. (Due to self-healing, and them not.)

Maybe this can be helpful for people looking for matchups. Or maybe it'll be good info for how to stomp a summoner. W/e. If I have to give some stereotypical advice that's universal against most summoners, saving SS for after you're snared is probably the easiest tip ever. The cooldown for most SS's is below that of Snare's. There's really no reason to tolerate us snaring you unless you're saving it for a daze-break.

I have to think it is the healing skills which Sin has the worst. They should just remove the healing skill all together in PVP and see how Sins can actually play because Sin has the worst healing skill out of every class. Many PVP I could've have won if it weren't for the mass healing. Sin has the worst one. I did so much damage and they leech so much HP back which ruins the entire point of PVP. Mind as will Let Sin use HP pots.

Archived