Looking for Animation Cancel Tips

Dalaxies

It feels like different forms of cleave cancel differently.  for form 2 and 3, LB -> LB -> RB works best for me but doesn't work as well for Form 1.  I don't think there's any benefit to ani cancel with eradicate since first hit is very low damage.  For reference my latency is pretty consistently 40ms - 50ms.  Anyone pro destroyers have tips for how they pull off faster ani cancels?

For starters, I recommend T4 - S2 on the RMB because if you misclick and have to restart the ani-cancel, you end up losing more focus.

Other than that, just repeat LMB - RMB until you get the rhythm. Your aim is to get to the point where you can do it without any sound coming out, as Caladiel said.

1 hour ago, BigBoomBoom said:

You want an easy solution? Use a macro-able mouse. Heck with 200ms ping I can consistently use ani cancel with G600 logitech mouse.

Macro is something like this

Left click

Wait 150ms

Right click

Wait 150ms

????

Profit

That kind of seems like cheating and would DESTROY the fun for me.

Besides it's so funny to go fury and click your mouse like crazy especially when you don't have that much of a delay. Because while playing the destroyer, I wanna feel like a destroyer :P

with low ping, animation canceling happens very fast and almost doesn't register damage over the mob, but the hp will go down.  If you get really good, all you see is the hp going down and the aura like flash happening when you get the boost.  Switch to combat tab and notice the damage pattern.

18 hours ago, Masqava said:

That kind of seems like cheating and would DESTROY the fun for me.

Besides it's so funny to go fury and click your mouse like crazy especially when you don't have that much of a delay. Because while playing the destroyer, I wanna feel like a destroyer :P

It's not cheating, professional gamers in esport use gaming keyboards and mouses, G600 is one built as such. 

16 hours ago, 848742_1452550186 said:

Trash.

Tell that to esport. Or heck even olympic athletes who use tailored made sports wear that do actually offer advantages. Why the heck do you think the like of Addidas or Nike are giant companies? They make primitive stick for monkeys?

The biggest issue I have is not allowing Judgement to hit and accidentally Cleaving 2 or even 3 times. My ping is fine, but I tend to jump the gun on the RB. Rarely will I miss RB and have to do the full Judgement animation.

Aside:

I won't say using macro's is cheating but it certainly feels cheap. It reminds me of using combo assist in a fighting game.

To be honest if you bind your LMB and RMB to Q and E as secondary bindings (and move the Q and E binds to something else <like R and V>) then when you need to ani-cancel just hit QEQEQEQEQEQEQE you'll do it flawlessly almost every-time,  i'm sure of it.

It takes a moment to get used to but the results are worth it- 

On 2/4/2016 at 3:19 PM, Hazgaz said:

with low ping, animation canceling happens very fast and almost doesn't register damage over the mob, but the hp will go down.  If you get really good, all you see is the hp going down and the aura like flash happening when you get the boost.  Switch to combat tab and notice the damage pattern.

A kind of light purplish aura right? 

I play from South Africa so my ping is similar to yours (probably a little higher). 

The trick I found was to press both mouse buttons at almost exactly the same time.

Unfortunately with our ping pressing each button takes too long to register.

Its a bit difficult to explain but it works for me if you use both fingers, RMB one raised slightly higher than the LMB and press both together, keep repeating until you find the interval that works with your ping.

It takes a bit of practice to get used to the timing but once you get the hang of it its easy enough.

I told a couple friends with destroyers about it and they are now able to anicancel easily as well.

This method works with Wrath as well but you have to click a little faster as the animation for wrath is much quicker than judgement, again just practice

macro is very personal and ping dependant. 
Even if you make a macro, you're gonna have to adjust it every so often depending on how busy the servers/channels are.

So no, I will not share my macro, you're just gonna have to practice it first and then make a macro out of that.

In the beginning my fault was that i presses the LB/RB combo to fast. I ended up using the focus till empty. Similar to what Rockbridge wrote here

I then trained more and got used to doing the combo a bit slower and it got a really cool groove to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2016 at 7:40 AM, BigBoomBoom said:

It's not cheating, professional gamers in esport use gaming keyboards and mouses, G600 is one built as such. 

Tell that to esport. Or heck even olympic athletes who use tailored made sports wear that do actually offer advantages. Why the heck do you think the like of Addidas or Nike are giant companies? They make primitive stick for monkeys?

There is a difference between using a gaming mouse and using macros tho. A football player uses shoes that are comfortable and light for sports. The shoes dont shoot the ball for them tho. Same goes for the mouse. Using macros isnt allowed in esports btw.

NC support has clarified that 1 action = 1 button period or it's against TOS (has been posted in several threads). Therefore a macro that ani cancels with a single button would be bannable if they can prove it. Obviously it's not easy to prove and you will probably get away with it, but it's not within the rules to do so. 

I wouldn't recommend macroing lmb/rmb anicancel as a destroyer.

Not only is it far slower than what you can eventually achieve manually, it's also extremely intolerant to latency variations and can screw you over when you need to quickly perform other actions because of the amount of commands you're buffering.

Do yourself a favor and practice instead of falling back on macros. It will pay off in the end - I promise.

Archived