Destroyer's VS Assassin is a bad joke.

Its literally impossible to kill a good assassin as a destroyer. Dont even try.
This is what a good assassin will do 100% of the time and there is nothing you can do about it as a destroyer because they dont even care about balancing classes.

1. Go invis.
2. Go to the furthest corner of the map, or at least far enough to be out of range of ALL of our skills.

3. Shunpo/Stun While Invis from Further Range than any of our skills.
4. Poison Tick/Kick you into the air.
5. Put you in the net and see if you trinket (Tab).

6. If you trinket they freeze you -INESCAPABLE FREEZE- for 6 seconds and then blind you || if you don't trinket they blind you rite away.

7. Throw poison cloud for extra damage and go invis.

8. Repeat.

~~~~~

9. If they get hit by cc the trinket

10. If they get hit by cc again they counter

11. If they get hit by cc again they roll out of it

12. If they get hit by cc again they flip it and stun you

13. If they get hit by cc again they start their rotation from 6.

14. Destroyer might finally grab them, but by then all of there spells will be one cool down so feel free to just let them hug you for 4-6 seconds.

This is literally the most broken combo I have seen in any game, and I have played with infinite combos in Mortal Combat before. It takes Zero set up and has no counter play. I can't speak for the other classes but as a destroyer there is nothing we can do against this assassin build. They really need to fix this shit because anything over 1700 rating is just assassins. The last 3 days I have only fought assassins in the arena for 1v1s and there has been at least 2 in every single one of my 3v3's. Utterly ridiculous.

Assassin's have too many counters and dodges for Destroyers to do anything with. Destroyers entire kit is about punishing weaknesses in class builds, but when you can counter/dodge/roll out of more than 5 cc spells then why even bother? By the time you get them stunned or grabbed there isn't anything left to do. All of our spells have 12+ second cool downs unless we spec them to be lower, and if we do we loose the CC that we need in order to kill anything.

Honestly if someone can show me a video of someone beating a GOOD Assassin, using that build, as a Destroyer then I will take back everything I said. But until I see proof that it is doable, and not only 1/10 times, I mean repeatable, then I am calling the biggest load of bull down on this game.

TL;DR
Assassins counter Destroyers harder than Paper vs Rock.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MechShadows said:

how do we even do shumpo if we dont even have that skill yet, lolz.

In true he have skill similar to shunpo. He stab you into ass and stun. but for me it dont looks like shunpo. More like karwarimi.

Abaout "Destroyer dont have chance vs Sin". Not rly true. In one topic I already write my way to beat Sin and it work rly well even for Sin which use skills 848742_1452550186 tell about. True sin can just freeze->run>Freeze->run->Freeze->run and repeat it till end. This way we can said he is most unbalanced class ever and no one can beat him, but lets look at diff things than PvP too, or Open World PvP if we mean Balance. Oh And there is TAG Battle not onyly 1v1. If i saw this topic yesterday then have saved repley from my TAG fight vs 3 sins where my teammates just died like dogs taking onyly half hp of one sin, and i beat 3 sins as destro. True they didnt spam freeze, but it was 3 sins, so its still possible. just conter them, and use skills wisly. set stone shield as stun, and stomp as heal. Dont hug them for long. Grab->4->F. Dont give chance to conter you. He ussualy have higher dmg than you and can penalty you nice for grabing him. Oh and you can combo him for almost perma stun, knockdown, and spin. DONT MAX DMG VS SIN!!! Its most stupid idea ever. They have high ctit, range and invisi, but are verry squishy. get more HP, def and regen.

Guys i beg you... Dont cry for now some class are unbalanced for now... Game just started. Let give them time... After lvl 50 we can start complaining, crying, screaming, raging, flaming, etc. For now lets just give them time.

I haven't seen assassins above 1800 using freeze. They combo you to death after poking you all game to waste your escapes. You just need really good iframe timings for when they try to jump on you.

A good assassin combo looks like this: bait your escapes > stun > throw in the air > web on the ground > throw daze bomb > stun again > daze > more stun > break your neck > something else I don't remember > dead.

Wait, what? You can spin pretty much whenever you want... that renders their stealth pretty useless... you need to predict more, rather than spamming for no reason. Also pretty sure you can kill them in the space of 2x 2s stun.

I will admit to know knowing what all the skills are called. I call it shunpo because it is similar to another skill from another game. Basically I am just talking about the skill that jumps behind you and stuns you all at once. I don't know what it is because I don't play assassin.
People saying to just spin clearly aren't paying attention. They can freeze us while we are spinning, even if we are Fury Spinning. Please read the entire post. Yes our combo does a lot of damage very quickly, but only on a stationary target. The problem is that Assassins have enough escapes to get out of almost all of our CC spells, and by the time we get them into a stun/knockdown/daze we don't have anything left to use.
People seem to think that Destroyers win with their spin but fail to realize that the spin only lasts as long as we have Focus. We have to save some focus before we get out of spin in case we need to react to something. We don't get focus if we don't hit things or are not hit (the exception to this being Fury which has a 45 second cooldown and is only used if we are guaranteed the kill or a large chunk of HP). This particular Assassin build is all about NOT hitting you and NOT being hit, its about waiting out the timer and getting a slight edge in damage done via poison.
Also for the people talking about different Assassin builds or even just different play styles, I have no complaints what so ever about those. It really isn't too bad to play against someone who strait up out plays you with the main goal of trying to kill you. If the game just so happens to time out and you are both really low - Fine, good game, good match, gratz on your win. BUT if your main goal IS to wait out the timer and sit as far away from your opponent as possible, out ranging all of their skills and making it nearly impossible for them to even hit you, let alone kill you, there is something wrong. This is arena, you are suppose to kill each other.

8 hours ago, zibouyah said:

yeah maybe you know how it feels like to play as kfm vs a destroyer now ...enjoy

Honestly Destroys only have a small edge in this match up. I have a KFM friend who is in the 1850ish range and he says that every match is pretty close.

7 hours ago, Archaegeo said:

Says the guy who red spins summoners into the ground and they can never escape.

Honestly an SS gives you enough distance to get out of the red spin. And we can still be KD'd while spinning which I know for a fact a summoner can do. Yes its a bad matchup but its not nearly as bad.

6 hours ago, Cogbyrn said:

That's a long post for an anonymous string of numbers for a name.

Its a bug on the forum, if you look around you will see a few others with the same problem. NC's fault not mine.

I do understand you have problems against them but the funny part is , assasins say the same thing as well. That they can't seem to defeat destroyers.

But to be honest I find assasins rather annoying to fight against as well. (I am a BM main.)

5 hours ago, Yoshiane said:

I do understand you have problems against them but the funny part is , assasins say the same thing as well. That they can't seem to defeat destroyers.

But to be honest I find assasins rather annoying to fight against as well. (I am a BM main.)

Like I said, Assassins that play aggressive are not really a problem, that match up is sliiiiiightly in our favor. I am talking specifically about this build. There is no counterplay involved. It it simply stunning > running away > freezeing > running away. The entire point of the build is to NOT pvp.

8 hours ago, 848742_1452550186 said:

Like I said, Assassins that play aggressive are not really a problem, that match up is sliiiiiightly in our favor. I am talking specifically about this build. There is no counterplay involved. It it simply stunning > running away > freezeing > running away. The entire point of the build is to NOT pvp.

haha yea around 1800 there are more and more sins who run this cheesy tactic.

Sadly I didn't make a screenshot that one time but the total damage after a  round with one of these special individuals was about 10k ;D

Let's see if someone can beat me with a lower score ;>

Since the dawn of time stealth classes were made to be played like the biggest *crickets* in the universe and it's nothing new in this game. Heck I would do the same (rolling a Sin doesn't sound so bad gnaha). But maybe someone knows a way to counter it, so please enlighten us :D

Or maybe a cheesy Sin can tell us if it works against every class? :p

7 minutes ago, Suna said:

This is level 50 but idea should be almost same.

While I do appreciate the high quality game play, this is not what I am talking about. This assassin is clearly playing aggressive.
You can also tell that the level 50 points come into play a lot, but that's neither here nor there.

2 hours ago, Emil Lindis said:

Well, how fun is it to play really well and aggressive with combos and smart moves, and then you get caught and they animation cancel you from 100-0?

Honestly if you get 100 > 0 in one combo its your own fault. You have to be CC'd for a full 6 seconds in order for a Destroyer to kill you with Fury, as an Assassin I am 99.9% sure that is impossible. Assassins get soo (extra o added for effect) many escapes its like they are playing a different game, so if they get cc'd long enough to go from full to empty its because somewhere down the line they used an escape they shouldn't have. That is a player flaw, not a game flaw. The build that I am describing that Assassins are using more and more often literally gives the Destroyer Zero chance of winning as long as the Assassin doesn't afk for too long. That's rite, I am saying they have at least a few seconds in the game where they can afk. Eight seconds per ice mine to be exact.

Archived