PSA: Moonwater transformation stones and merry potter secret technique not worth it anymore

gewd

47 minutes ago, 900040_1452550654 said:

Are you sure about that? I've been reading BNS INVEN but it's just about 20 perfumes on breakthrough. Where are you getting we need 400?

45 Belt http://bns.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/item/detail.php?code=17180690320

45 Bracelet http://bns.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/item/detail.php?code=821133

Poharan's Perfume http://bns.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/item/detail.php?code=811536

Am I missing something?

he said he bought 400 (meaning for resale) he said people need 140

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, MGT said:

So people wanting to sell their items less that you are bad and need to go away?. In order to sell their product they need to sell it cheaper. Unless we have the big Cabal of merchants get together and price fix everything to make the margins THEY want. This happens enough in real life as it is, and REGARDLESS of what you think an item is worth someone will always want to pay less, so they don't buy so you have to drop your prices to sell an item, (rinse repeat). How many times in MMO's do you see folk begging in trade chat for even 10g less than it is in market? (And these guys prolly have thousands of gold anyway). Any item I come across that I don't need I will sell cheaper than someone else, even if it is something people need I will still sell it cheaper than someone else. And be honest if you can get something cheaper you are not going to pay anymore than you have to right?

Selling for less is fine.  When each person who wants to sell for less undercuts each other by 10silver and starts a trend of this nonsense, then the value of the item is ruined.  You only need to undercut by 1copper to make your item show up first.  Undercutting by 10s isn't going to make it sell faster, the fact that it's a necessary item to progression makes it sell itself.

Yeah... For those crafting, 12g were the good old days. On Korean BNS, the price of these stones are only 3-4g.

What is odd is how Soulstones go for nearly 2 gold on KR BNS. I suspect this is because all the lv45-50 gear require a lot of them..

EDIT: Nevermind. There's a gold inflation there.

Good, They were not supposed to be used as a Hostage piece anyway, everyone needs Moonwater trans stones, and a lot of them; i don't think a lot of people comprehend that fully; but they will over-time. 

This game was designed for people to make money over a "long" period of time, not short periods- you all need to come to terms with this or go play a different game.

3 hours ago, Neoyoshi said:

Good, They were not supposed to be used as a Hostage piece anyway, everyone needs Moonwater trans stones, and a lot of them; i don't think a lot of people comprehend that fully; but they will over-time. 

This game was designed for people to make money over a "long" period of time, not short periods- you all need to come to terms with this or go play a different game.

Looking at the marketplace right now, they're not even worth crafting.  The materials cost almost as much as the stones, and if the prices of stones drop by tomorrow, crafting them will be a net loss.

"They need to fix crafting so it makes profit"..

How can they do that? If there is profitable trade, everyone will flock to it and it becomes worthless. This is standard in mmos. 

The ways to be richer than the next guy are sinple and well understood. 

A) be there first. The first moonwater stone seller made out handsomely. He's now off making purification jars, not whining about stone prices.

B) be lucky. Those who get sellable rare drops, and are able to win the bid cheap, will get some nice profit.

C) grinding. Dailys, dungeons, mobs, etc. The more time you spend, the more gold you get, period.

D) market trading. Buy low, sell high

3 hours ago, Kurobon said:

"They need to fix crafting so it makes profit"..

How can they do that? If there is profitable trade, everyone will flock to it and it becomes worthless. This is standard in mmos. 

The ways to be richer than the next guy are sinple and well understood. 

A) be there first. The first moonwater stone seller made out handsomely. He's now off making purification jars, not whining about stone prices.

B) be lucky. Those who get sellable rare drops, and are able to win the bid cheap, will get some nice profit.

C) grinding. Dailys, dungeons, mobs, etc. The more time you spend, the more gold you get, period.

D) market trading. Buy low, sell high

so you are saying the system isnt broken when only two professions can make profit?  how can they fix it? pretty simple.  lower the costs to craft certain things/ increase the amount made for current costs.  OR maybe let every profession craft something people need to advance like how soul wardens craft stones.

Also if all trades are profitable people wont flock nearly as much.  Sure some people will flock to the most profitable but right now everyone is flocking to the only 2 professions that can make profit and its a broken system

On 2/4/2016 at 8:26 AM, Hazgaz said:

Going back and checking, I got it during headstart, hit 45 before launch.  

You didnt get any free moon water stone lol.

Doesn't matter when you started, only time you got free one was during alpha/beta.

• 2 weeks later...

People flocked to the two profitable professions, so they are no longer profitable. It is standard economics that in perfect competition, margins go to zero. There is literally no way to make a crafting system which is profitable for everyone, because margins trend to zero. Only gold *creation* is guaranteed to be prifitable. (Aka grinding) however, adding gold to the system creates inflation, driving up the prices of everything. the other profitable options exist when one player has an advantage. (Aka, it is not perfect competition) that player can profit handsomely. As soon as everyone can do it, suppily is too high and margins go to zero.

Archived