PSA: Moonwater transformation stones and merry potter secret technique not worth it anymore

gewd

8 hours ago, Ninfu said:

I just now realised when i was doing math earlier on that i didnt consider market cuts.

Made 10 stones for my personal usage and decided to do test with 3 stones which i didnt need atm. This is from EU

Sold those 3 stones instantly again and i sold them 30 silvers higher than lowest buyout was. For 6gs.

After auction cut i was around 5g 70-80s. Cant remember exact number but anyway. To point earlier i told you guys that materials costs is around 45-50gs. So ppl who are selling them at 5g50-70s are actually only making few gs worth of profit which makes it even more retarded than before.

And for that NA situation im sry i thought we had it worse. Idiots stay idiots even if you give them everything for free. Hopefully when they realise that its not worth of selling them under 8gs they stop undercutting. Soon they realise they have to craft months those stones just to cover up upgrade costs alone and not even materials

Okay I was debating not posting this hoping people would be dumb and believe you but anyway.  ON USA servers. you make profit selling them at 4g each even. 

100 soulstones cost 22g.

5 premium refiners cost 7.5g

5 moonwater quartz costs 70s(ish)

10 moonwater tears cost 3.7g

totaling 33.9g in cost lets round it to 34g

10 moonwater stones at 4g (note they are around 4.4g atm) sells for 40g.  so you make minues the 1.2g ah cut (12s per stone) 40g-1.2g-34g = 4.8g, sure it isnt a lot but it is profit. and it is effortless.

You say tying up 34g for 24 hours is bad but with limited selling space you cannot flip to make mass profit (most people are limited to 10 sales per day) so I ask you what do you do with that gold to make mass profit. instead of tying it up for 24 hours.

ALSO I ask you, what other profession can make 4.8g a day while only using 10 sale slots?? none. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Astrohawke said:

It's stupidity if you think people will pay you for a service they can easily do themselves. You're lucky you even get 1-5g profit. I wouldn't pay someone $5 to change the channel on my TV for me because I can do that myself. In the same way I wouldn't pay you extra to craft something for me when I can just buy the mats and craft it myself. You really believe that people should give you gold because you spent 5 minutes picking up mats from market and pressing order? please. If you want to make profit, you need to make something people can't make themselves. For a while, this was refiners because people didn't have the recipe. But that's over now and until the next patch comes along, there won't be any more big profits in crafting because people don't need you to press order for them, they can press order themselves.

Frankly you just sound like a whiny baby. "It's not fair, I want to sell my trans stones for 8g, not 5g. Why are people selling them for 5g". "I should be making lots of money from crafting. Why won't people pay me lots of money to make them stuff?" Wake up and realize you don't get something just because you want it. Just because you think it's unfair you're not getting paid to press a button every 12 hours, doesn't mean it is.

Sadly not everyone is crafting them. Theres lots of crafters but there is also lots of demand just because everyone needs hundreds of them and it will even go up more at next patch.

Actually yes you're taking 5minutes of your time to buy materials from market but at that point you're tying up your profession for 24hours. Which you dont seem to understand. With your logic i should have not made hundreds of thousands in wow because i could spent 10minutes buying materials for alchemy and sell flasks for profit. I just did exactly same thing as this game does. Pressed craft and went for afk.

Almost every freaking mmorpg works this way. For example FFXIV does not work this way and requires lots of button pressing but then again that can be just avoided by simple script that Square cant do damn thing about which is used by majority of players. So we're back to point where players just press the button and they craft stuff.

Bns has only eliminated aspect of forcing players to go afk till their crafts are ready and toyed around it but it doesnt mean thats not something that other players should pay for

So your argumen is invalid and stupid. Just because it takes 5minutes to pick materials from ah is not excuse for making less profit. Also even if materials are farmed by someone just by soloing stuff.

Soulstones = with 5 characters (not taking count how long it took to level up but it would be with fastest way around 15hours per character) take 1day to get that 110 soulstones with one character about 5 days. Ofc we can make them some otherways but that requires extra work and time. To complete each faction dailies with fastest way for each character about 20minutes so thats 100minutes

Moonwater tears = takes for good player to grind alone about 63minutes so thats hour. And this way is solely from my expierence because im can get 2x these under 9 minutes but majority of players cannot so this time could even be double for others.

Moonwater Quartz = So this is most trickiest from these because player might get lucky and find out 10 quartzes in 10 minutes but they might run around for hour or so. But lets compromise lets say 30minutes

So now times been consumed by 190 minutes to get materials for moonwater transformation stones.

Now crafter has 2 choices either spend next 24hours waiting for profit that they might not even get or they get which is almost nothing or even might make less than materials are worth.

So now your that 5 minutes has turned to around 190 minutes and players dont deserve earn profit ha? How *cricket*ing stupid can you be.

6 minutes ago, Lordzero2 said:

Okay I was debating not posting this hoping people would be dumb and believe you but anyway.  ON USA servers. you make profit selling them at 4g each even. 

100 soulstones cost 22g.

10 moonwater stones at 4g (note they are around 4.4g atm) sells for 40g.  so you make minues the 1.2g ah cut (12s per stone) 40g-1.2g-34g = 4.8g, sure it isnt a lot but it is profit. and it is effortless.

You say tying up 34g for 24 hours is bad but with limited selling space you cannot flip to make mass profit (most people are limited to 10 sales per day) so I ask you what do you do with that gold to make mass profit. instead of tying it up for 24 hours.

Lets follow up your math because you're obviously know more about NA stuff

So 4.8g might sound to someone nice profit for 24hours wait time. Sadly thats not true at all. Ppl might thing its good to make less profit while they could make more but sad truth is less players do longer it takes them to get stuff upgraded.

Currently 4.8g might feel like its plenty and feel rich but sadly thats not true.

Just with weapon evolving feeds costs might go up to hundreds of golds.

So now we're at stage when those players who has been undercuttin like clueless ppl are where to get that gold. 4.8g every day +without selling soulstones is something like 10gs? maybe more or less but lets go with round numbers now.

So now everyday player makes 15gs profit. Just to get breakthrough at Siren stage costs that. So 1 day to evolve it to next stage. Now where to get materials for evolving? Lets wait day. Oh its now stage 3 and all money went again there. Lets wait another day. Same and repeat till stage 5. Oh wait now i player spents another day just for breatkthrough.

So just to get one stage takes week(s) to them just because ppl decided to undercut like crazy and be stupid so enjoy. Im fine im making 50-150gs per day without touching moonwaterstones. Im pittying ppl who caused this :)

3 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Lets follow up your math because you're obviously know more about NA stuff

So 4.8g might sound to someone nice profit for 24hours wait time. Sadly thats not true at all. Ppl might thing its good to make less profit while they could make more but sad truth is less players do longer it takes them to get stuff upgraded.

Currently 4.8g might feel like its plenty and feel rich but sadly thats not true.

Just with weapon evolving feeds costs might go up to hundreds of golds.

So now we're at stage when those players who has been undercuttin like clueless ppl are where to get that gold. 4.8g every day +without selling soulstones is something like 10gs? maybe more or less but lets go with round numbers now.

So now everyday player makes 15gs profit. Just to get breakthrough at Siren stage costs that. So 1 day to evolve it to next stage. Now where to get materials for evolving? Lets wait day. Oh its now stage 3 and all money went again there. Lets wait another day. Same and repeat till stage 5. Oh wait now i player spents another day just for breatkthrough.

So just to get one stage takes week(s) to them just because ppl decided to undercut like crazy and be stupid so enjoy. Im fine im making 50-150gs per day without touching moonwaterstones. Im pittying ppl who caused this :)

for the record i have over 100g, i know 4.8 isnt alot.  I edited my initial post so please look at the edit (its at the bottom of the post)

adding it here too "ALSO I ask you, what other profession can make 4.8g a day while only using 10 sale slots?? none.  "

Most professions cant even make a profit period btw.  And here you are demanding big profits.

2 minutes ago, Lordzero2 said:

for the record i have over 100g, i know 4.8 isnt alot.  I edited my initial post so please look at the edit (its at the bottom of the post)

Yup yes theres limit thats true but that still wont change the fact that players could be doing 30gs profit instead of 5gs.

Also limit is 10 auctions per day. It doesnt say how big stacks they need to be.  So in theory player could sell all 10 stones with one auction and use 9 slots selling rest of stuff. So its kind of irrelevant. :)

Ill just add this small thing here to point out that players are screwed with these profits

https://itzdarkvoid.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/blade-soul-weapon-evolution/ they're not 100% accurate but gives some clue how much they will struggle.

2 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Yup yes theres limit thats true but that still wont change the fact that players could be doing 30gs profit instead of 5gs.

Also limit is 10 auctions per day. It doesnt say how big stacks they need to be.  So in theory player could sell all 10 stones with one auction and use 9 slots selling rest of stuff. So its kind of irrelevant. :)

Ill just add this small thing here to point out that players are screwed with these profits

https://itzdarkvoid.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/blade-soul-weapon-evolution/ they're not 100% accurate but gives some clue how much they will struggle.

still though, you are making 4.8g profit a day from your profession, no other profession can do that (MAYBE potters can) but the rest cant.  Seems a bit wrong demanding stupid profit while every other profession comes up at a loss.

also realistically you know no one is going to buy a stack of 5-10 stones. that just isnt realistic.

22 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Sadly not everyone is crafting them. Theres lots of crafters but there is also lots of demand just because everyone needs hundreds of them and it will even go up more at next patch.

Actually yes you're taking 5minutes of your time to buy materials from market but at that point you're tying up your profession for 24hours. Which you dont seem to understand. With your logic i should have not made hundreds of thousands in wow because i could spent 10minutes buying materials for alchemy and sell flasks for profit. I just did exactly same thing as this game does. Pressed craft and went for afk.

Almost every freaking mmorpg works this way. For example FFXIV does not work this way and requires lots of button pressing but then again that can be just avoided by simple script that Square cant do damn thing about which is used by majority of players. So we're back to point where players just press the button and they craft stuff.

Bns has only eliminated aspect of forcing players to go afk till their crafts are ready and toyed around it but it doesnt mean thats not something that other players should pay for

So your argumen is invalid and stupid. Just because it takes 5minutes to pick materials from ah is not excuse for making less profit. Also even if materials are farmed by someone just by soloing stuff.

Soulstones = with 5 characters (not taking count how long it took to level up but it would be with fastest way around 15hours per character) take 1day to get that 110 soulstones with one character about 5 days. Ofc we can make them some otherways but that requires extra work and time. To complete each faction dailies with fastest way for each character about 20minutes so thats 100minutes

Moonwater tears = takes for good player to grind alone about 63minutes so thats hour. And this way is solely from my expierence because im can get 2x these under 9 minutes but majority of players cannot so this time could even be double for others.

Moonwater Quartz = So this is most trickiest from these because player might get lucky and find out 10 quartzes in 10 minutes but they might run around for hour or so. But lets compromise lets say 30minutes

So now times been consumed by 190 minutes to get materials for moonwater transformation stones.

Now crafter has 2 choices either spend next 24hours waiting for profit that they might not even get or they get which is almost nothing or even might make less than materials are worth.

So now your that 5 minutes has turned to around 190 minutes and players dont deserve earn profit ha? How *cricket*ing stupid can you be.

lmao you simply are too dense to understand. There's value in the mats and there's value in the crafting service. Those are 2 entirely separate things. Together, they make up the total cost of an item and its value when sold. 190 minutes or whatever is the value of the mats. It takes time to collect the mats and to farm them. That's why mats are worth what they are worth. When you sell the mats, you are getting paid for 190min of your time. 5 minutes is the value of your crafting service which is worth 1-5g. That's your profit because the 5 minutes you spend to press order and tie up your crafting for X amount of hours is worth 1-5g. If you think this money is not worth 5min of your time, then you are free to not do it. There's plenty of people who will because 1-5g for 5min is good enough for most people.

I don't play WoW but if WoW is like any other MMO, then you don't make money from your profession at level 1. You going to make a level 1 potion and tell me you can sell that for a profit on the AH? Of course not. You're going to consume the mats and make a loss because no one wants to buy that shitty potion. But you will do it anyway because you need to level your alchemy past level 1.

3 minutes ago, Astrohawke said:

lmao you simply are too dense to understand. There's value in the mats and there's value in the crafting service. Those are 2 entirely separate things. Together, they make up the total cost of an item and its value when sold. 190 minutes or whatever is the value of the mats. It takes time to collect the mats and to farm them. That's why mats are worth what they are worth. 5 minutes is the value of your crafting service which is worth 1-5g. That's your profit because the 5 minutes you spend to press order and tie up your crafting for X amount of hours is worth 1-5g. If you think this money is not worth 5min of your time, then you are free to not do it. There's plenty of people who will because 1-5g for 5min is good enough for most people.

I don't play WoW but if WoW is like any other MMO, then you don't make money from your profession at level 1. You going to make a level 1 potion and tell me you can tell that for a profit on the AH? Of course not. You're going to consume the mats and make a loss because no one wants to buy that shitty potion. But you will do it anyway because you need to level your alchemy past level 1.

agreed, I could sell the mats for 34g, or for 5 minutes more of my time i can sell them for 40g.  5 minutes being worth that much more gold is amazing value.  (note for the 24 hours u are not putting effort into them so it doesnt count)

4 hours ago, Lordzero2 said:

100 soulstones cost 22g.

ALSO I ask you, what other profession can make 4.8g a day while only using 10 sale slots?? none. 

You are stupid.

100 soulstones cost 31g yesterday.

You cannot use today's cost because it takes 24 hours to make.

This means you made 4.8 - (31-22) =  negative 4.2g

This kind of sloppy thinking is why the price is plummeting below profitability.

On 02/02/2016 at 9:22 PM, Ninfu said:

To those guys who say that there is not enough deman and theres too high production going on which is not true. Both of them are at high stage and every player needs hundreds of them in long run. Also to anyone who doesnt know it yet it seems that we have region based markets so EU servers are linked together and NA not sure if they're both linked.

Only reason why stones are low price is because players from west is stupid. Lets take this scenario

Stones are at 8 gs

then comes one seller who decides its fine to undercut them with 5 silver because i want sell 10 stones at the same time instantly

next one comes does the same thing

and next and next and next now prices are low because of that

Pure stupidity.

And to proof that i've my own personal expierence. I've been steadily following it up when ever i had 10 stone batch for sell. Watched lowest price always first then i put them about 15-25 silver higher and they sold instantly before i could finish up putting stones on market and same time prices dropped like 5-10 silvers by newer sellers.

Soulstone prices are around 35-40 silvers ea total cost from soulstones is around 40gs

Moonwater Tear 38 silver. Cost 5.7g

Moonwater Quartz. Cost 80 silvers

Logs or clay i wont be calculating because they're just usually gathered with other 2 professions

So total cost for 10 stones is 46,5gs.

Craft Time

Tempered Clay REfiner 50minutes

Premium Tempered Clay refiner 12hours

Moonwater Trans Stone 24h

Total 36h 50 minutes

Current price of stones 5.96G = 10x 59,6G

Profit 13.1G (Pls remember prices will be changing all the time and they might be off because of that.

Is this worthit? Well not really. I can do +30gs in hour with some luck. Currently i just cant understand what ppl think. They could sell stones for 8g each and make 33,5g profit.

Majority who does these just want to sell 10 stones instantly and fast and because of that they feel its okay to undercut. Ill teach you guys method why im succesfull money maker in every mmorpg i've ever played. NEVER UNDERCUT ONLY IDIOTS DO THAT

In long run making stones is not effective way of making money. LEts look what we have to spent for out weapon upgrade fees. It takes 10-50gs to fully evolve our weapon from 1st stage to 10th stage plus materials. So are you guys seriously willing to sell expensive materials with minimal profit and wait weeks to get one stage completed with your weapons?

Well played sir, I see what you did there.

16 minutes ago, PrinceMark said:

Anglers Watch moonstone trasgender stones... oops transformation stones i mean are now being sold at 5g4*s on average and on supply peak times they are being sold at 4g5*s ^___^ i bought all those 3g's MTS ^_~ sorry.

wat

up17FJo.png

Not really sure how its not worth it anymore because I'm still making 10+ gold profit on every 10 stones. 

Make my own refiners

Get my own saps

2 alts bring in ~40 Soulstones to help with costs.

Daily Shopping list for 20 stones a day: (prices are as of making this post)

220 Soulstones minus however many dailies gave (42.8g)

20 Moonwater Tears (7.30g)

10 Tempered Clay Refiners (4.01g)

20 Moonwater Quartz (1.5g)

~56g spent on gathering materials. 

After 24 hours I have 20 stones and usually end up making 30-40g more than what I spent. In this case it would come out to about 20-30g with the current stone prices. Heck even if they dropped below to like high 3s they would still be profitable. So I don't really get how its not worth it anymore. You literally just get some mats and press a button and make money. There are probably better ways to get more money more quickly, but this is fine. They have to dip into the low 3g area for it to really become an issue for me.

This is also not taking into consideration that we are on the verge of a patch with more dailies and the potential for more weapon upgrades are going to be put into the game. More people are going to be willing to spend gold on stones to upgrade since we will be getting more dailies with the new 24 man. The demand will slowly start to outweigh the ridiculous undercutting practices of idiots and prices should start to go on the rise again. This is all nice in theory, but shouldn't too much of a stretch to assume that we'll be making decent money for a decent while yet. Worse comes to worse, can just switch over to selling soul shields and gems.

The mats you gather are not free. If you sold them on the auction house yesterday, you would've made more gold then by using them on transformation stones. Just because you ended up with more gold today doesn't mean that using them to make stones netted you more money.

I'm also really curious as to how you made a profit on 56g when stones were never above 5g each today. 5g * 10 stones = 50g and this isn't even including tp fees.

Remember that list is for 20 stones. Not 10. Sure I could get around... 25-30g off selling Refiners and Soulstones, but at the price I bought and sold today I spent 50-60g as per usual and then sold for around 4.48g (after fees) so that came out to around 90g. Still the same-ish profit margin and sometimes more, I am selling an item everyone needs right now as opposed to 1 item a lot of people need and 1 item only crafters can use. Not to mention prices on those items are dropping by the day as well. 

I don't think you did your math correctly then, you first say you make 10g per 10 stones, and most people can tell you that is not the case.

Yeah it doesn't work that way. The soulstones you get from dailies are not free. You could've sold them yesterday for 33% more.

Also it looks like you are using today's prices, this is INCORRECT. You need to use the soulstone cost from yesterday because it took you 24 hours to make.

2 hours ago, Metalicz said:

Not really sure how its not worth it anymore because I'm still making 10+ gold profit on every 10 stones. 

Make my own refiners

Get my own saps

2 alts bring in ~40 Soulstones to help with costs.

Daily Shopping list for 20 stones a day: (prices are as of making this post)

20 Moonwater Tears (7.30g)

10 Tempered Clay Refiners (4.01g)

20 Moonwater Quartz (1.5g)

~56g spent on gathering materials. 

After 24 hours I have 20 stones and usually end up making 30-40g more than what I spent. In this case it would come out to about 20-30g with the current stone prices. Heck even if they dropped below to like high 3s they would still be profitable. So I don't really get how its not worth it anymore. You literally just get some mats and press a button and make money. There are probably better ways to get more money more quickly, but this is fine. They have to dip into the low 3g area for it to really become an issue for me.

This is also not taking into consideration that we are on the verge of a patch with more dailies and the potential for more weapon upgrades are going to be put into the game. More people are going to be willing to spend gold on stones to upgrade since we will be getting more dailies with the new 24 man. The demand will slowly start to outweigh the ridiculous undercutting practices of idiots and prices should start to go on the rise again. This is all nice in theory, but shouldn't too much of a stretch to assume that we'll be making decent money for a decent while yet. Worse comes to worse, can just switch over to selling soul shields and gems.

You do realise you dont make any more profit than anyone else even how much you farm them. Your profit is always same with guys who buy materials from market just because you can get soulstones from quests their valua is still same as it is in market which means you could easily sell them without any hazzle and wait.

8 hours ago, Astrohawke said:

lmao you simply are too dense to understand. There's value in the mats and there's value in the crafting service. Those are 2 entirely separate things. Together, they make up the total cost of an item and its value when sold. 190 minutes or whatever is the value of the mats. It takes time to collect the mats and to farm them. That's why mats are worth what they are worth. When you sell the mats, you are getting paid for 190min of your time. 5 minutes is the value of your crafting service which is worth 1-5g. That's your profit because the 5 minutes you spend to press order and tie up your crafting for X amount of hours is worth 1-5g. If you think this money is not worth 5min of your time, then you are free to not do it. There's plenty of people who will because 1-5g for 5min is good enough for most people.

I don't play WoW but if WoW is like any other MMO, then you don't make money from your profession at level 1. You going to make a level 1 potion and tell me you can sell that for a profit on the AH? Of course not. You're going to consume the mats and make a loss because no one wants to buy that shitty potion. But you will do it anyway because you need to level your alchemy past level 1.

No wonder they're not worth of doing when players are like you.

You do realise in real life and in video games who use their crafting skills to make living or cover up ingame expenses their first thing is to make as much as profit they can. And obviously you dont even understand that.

Also even if it takes 5minutes to play press that order button and buy materials from market its still dont make it worth just because your crafts are tied for 24hours and making 1-5g profit out if it.

Every freaking mmorpg i've played ever actually theres one and it was Rift where i wasnt making money with professions but WoW, Wildstar, FFXIV and some other that i cant even recall I NEVER SPENT more than just that 5-10 minutes getting materials from market and made always more than 20-50% of profit just by crafting. That alone proofs how retarded this BnS community is. Now i can clearly see that okay but you spent hours of getting those crafts up and so on so you should make profit while in bns you have to press button every few hours argument. Seriously take head off your ass and start thinking

WoW = Leveling prof buy materials from AH press craft and go afk. Come back later on and do it again. Total time spending game maybe 30minutes and capped professions

Wildstar = Do few diffrent crafts and buy materials from AH like 1hour job.

FFXIV = buy materials from AH press button once go afk and come back later on and change to next craft.

BnS = Get crafts wait hour to several hours and press button.

So why is it only in BnS that crafters are not allowed to make good profit from crafts? Your argument because it takes only 5minutes to get materials from market and press order and wait 24hours is not any valuable is worst i have ever seen. No wonder they sell for nothing and Asian region been wiser for years

Jesus never have I seen so much crying over an item you think is worth a price and shouldn't fall in ANY way. If I went out and saw 2 places selling the SAME ITEM and one had it $5 less, I know where I would be buying it from. An MMO is NOT immune to these rules and OTHER people are going to fight you to sell their product once they are able to make it. Suck it up, your cash cow isn't doing so well as it did before. As soon as a new tier is brought in (if it is) this cycle will just repeat itself.

On 2/2/2016 at 1:15 PM, Hazgaz said:

I believe it's from one of the final surveys or quests.  Don't remember.  But I had one before I needed it.  

Also, prices for all materials are going down.  Supplies on all things crafted have increased, not ONLY mats for transformation stones.  Keys and hammers are always constant for repairing and opening, where as transformation stones are only used a few times.  The stones will stack up and go unsold as more people stop upgrading because "upgrade/evolving" costs are higher.

I don't remember getting a recipe for stones, but I can make them.  Weird.

You even playing NA/EU version of BNS?

You dont get stone from any survey.. 

1 hour ago, Ninfu said:

No wonder they're not worth of doing when players are like you.

You do realise in real life and in video games who use their crafting skills to make living or cover up ingame expenses their first thing is to make as much as profit they can. And obviously you dont even understand that.

Also even if it takes 5minutes to play press that order button and buy materials from market its still dont make it worth just because your crafts are tied for 24hours and making 1-5g profit out if it.

Every freaking mmorpg i've played ever actually theres one and it was Rift where i wasnt making money with professions but WoW, Wildstar, FFXIV and some other that i cant even recall I NEVER SPENT more than just that 5-10 minutes getting materials from market and made always more than 20-50% of profit just by crafting. That alone proofs how retarded this BnS community is. Now i can clearly see that okay but you spent hours of getting those crafts up and so on so you should make profit while in bns you have to press button every few hours argument. Seriously take head off your ass and start thinking

WoW = Leveling prof buy materials from AH press craft and go afk. Come back later on and do it again. Total time spending game maybe 30minutes and capped professions

Wildstar = Do few diffrent crafts and buy materials from AH like 1hour job.

FFXIV = buy materials from AH press button once go afk and come back later on and change to next craft.

BnS = Get crafts wait hour to several hours and press button.

So why is it only in BnS that crafters are not allowed to make good profit from crafts? Your argument because it takes only 5minutes to get materials from market and press order and wait 24hours is not any valuable is worst i have ever seen. No wonder they sell for nothing and Asian region been wiser for years

Let me try to make this very clear to you. Whether it is real life or in a video game, you make profit based on how difficult it is to make your craft. If I am just starting to learn how to paint, the rubbish painting I produce isn't going to make me any profit. It will make me a loss because no one wants to buy the painting and I spent money on paint, canvas, brush etc. But I will take those losses and continue painting until one day I become a good painter then people may want to buy my paintings. 1st I might sell some pictures for $50 or $100, then as I get even better maybe $500 or $1000 and eventually if I become a master painter, my stuff may go for tens of thousands. I make more profit as I get better at what I do.

It's the same in any video game. You start at level 1 crafting and the things you make are worthless. No one wants to buy your level 1 potion in WoW. But you keep making level 1 potions anyway to level up until you get to a higher level and the things you craft start to have more and more value and can start producing more profit.

In BnS, you're not making any profit because just like making a rubbish painting or a level 1 potion, what you're crafting is easily crafted by everyone else. You're basically drawing some stick figures on a piece of paper, then expect people to pay you for it because you think deserve to be paid for spending the time to draw those stick figures. But no one is going to pay you for drawing stick figures because if they wanted a stick figure painting, they can do it themselves. Until you start producing stuff that people don't have the skills to produce themselves, you won't make any profit.

1 hour ago, MGT said:

Jesus never have I seen so much crying over an item you think is worth a price and shouldn't fall in ANY way. If I went out and saw 2 places selling the SAME ITEM and one had it $5 less, I know where I would be buying it from. An MMO is NOT immune to these rules and OTHER people are going to fight you to sell their product once they are able to make it. Suck it up, your cash cow isn't doing so well as it did before. As soon as a new tier is brought in (if it is) this cycle will just repeat itself.

Buyers pov is useless in this matter.  Buyer is almost always wiser if they can get certain product cheaper with no effort at all. Ofc theres things that effects buyers decision where to buy stuff other than just how much its cost but then there are those who rather spent hours running around so they can save up few dollars / euros.

And you say that others fighting to sell their stones thats why they're undercutting. Sadly thats true that players are idiots and decides to undercutt just because they dont think hard enough thats why players who actually spent 1% of their brainpower to think make more money with stones than those who're idiots. And because of these idiots prices have dropped to point theres almost no profit at all and its just waste of time making them.

Unless all moonwater xform makers got together to rig the market, the price will always drop to nothingness.

And that's not going to happen, so, stockpile and wait it out, or sell mats, or farm the pattern, etc.

Archived