Forums

PSA: Moonwater transformation stones and merry potter secret technique not worth it anymore

gewd

Ever since yesterday there seems to be a large influx of undercutting

You will only make 70s per moonwater transformation stone compared to just selling the mats. It was a 1g gain just 2 days ago. This is about 40g worth of mats tied up for 24 hours and you will likely have to waste 10 auction house slots.

For premium tempered refiners that you can only make by having the secret technique, the profit is only 50 silver each. However the technique sells for 40g which means it will take you 16 days just to break even and the price of these refiners are still falling. Just 2 days ago the profit was 2g each.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supply & Demand.

More people have the recipe so there are more MTS (Moonwater Transformation Stone) to go around. People are slowly getting themselves geared so the need for MTS is going down. The recipe itself has already gone down from  60g to 40g so I wouldn't be surprised at more price decrease... Soon, it won't be worth selling the stones at all.

Saturation point, constipation, over abundance... What isn't selling just takes up space.  They undercut just to get rid of it.  I know it's happening to many items, not just transformation stones, it's happening with gems also.  

I am not asking why it is happening, I am telling people that crafters are already undercutting at the point where its not even worth doing already given how you need 40-50g worth of mats tied up for 24 hours to craft this.

I would say that the merry potter secret technique is way overpriced and should only be selling at 5 days worth of profits, not 16, given how fast prices are dropping.

For example, soulstones cost 33 silver yesterday and now they are 29 silver today. That means instead of selling your soulstones yesterday, you lost 4 gold making moonwater transformation stones instead.

13 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It's almost as if the supply is increasing with more people reaching level 45 and farming the dungeon.

EDIT:

Welp, sniped by numbers guy above.

If people actually bothered to do the math they would sell the recipe instead of making premium refiners and moonwater transformation stones. There's almost no profit left.

1 minute ago, gewd said:

If people actually bothered to do the math they would sell the recipe instead of making premium refiners and moonwater transformation stones. There's almost no profit left.

And they do, and that's why it's getting cheaper and cheaper as well.

Just now, Enhance said:

And they do, and that's why it's getting cheaper and cheaper as well.

But it only started dropping today while the price collapse of moonwater transformation stones and premium tempered refiners were already plummeting to the point of not being worth it 2 days ago. Prior to today the price of the secret recipe was even going up.

The recipe is still overpriced by 300% by my estimates just for anyone to break even.

1 minute ago, gewd said:

But it only started dropping today while the price collapse of moonwater transformation stones and premium tempered refiners were already plummeting to the point of not being worth it 2 days ago. Prior to today the price of the secret recipe was even going up.

The recipe is still overpriced by 300% by my estimates just for anyone to break even.

Are you playing on NA? The Moonwater recipe dropped almost twice in price in a few days on EU.

12 minutes ago, gewd said:

Uh what? I didn't get one.

I believe it's from one of the final surveys or quests.  Don't remember.  But I had one before I needed it.  

Also, prices for all materials are going down.  Supplies on all things crafted have increased, not ONLY mats for transformation stones.  Keys and hammers are always constant for repairing and opening, where as transformation stones are only used a few times.  The stones will stack up and go unsold as more people stop upgrading because "upgrade/evolving" costs are higher.

I don't remember getting a recipe for stones, but I can make them.  Weird.

2 minutes ago, Hazgaz said:

I believe it's from one of the final surveys or quests.  Don't remember.  But I had one before I needed it.  

Also, prices for all materials are going down.  Supplies on all things crafted have increased, not ONLY mats for transformation stones.  Keys and hammers are always constant for repairing and opening, where as transformation stones are only used a few times.  The stones will stack up and go unsold as more people stop upgrading because "upgrade" costs are higher.

I didn't get one from my survey and you can see everyone complaining that they removed moonwater transformation stones from surveys.

Also 1686 stones were sold today at this time compared to 1633 yesterday. More people have yet to get to 45 and people are making alts.

4 minutes ago, Hazgaz said:

Also, prices for all materials are going down.  Supplies on all things crafted have increased, not ONLY mats for transformation stones.  Keys and hammers are always constant for repairing and opening, where as transformation stones are only used a few times.  The stones will stack up and go unsold as more people stop upgrading because "upgrade/evolving" costs are higher.

I don't remember getting a recipe for stones, but I can make them.  Weird.

You could get a moonwater transformation stone from survey in CBT/TA. You no longer get any since the release, and it has been a subject of multiple uproars. The only way to get them is to craft.

To those guys who say that there is not enough deman and theres too high production going on which is not true. Both of them are at high stage and every player needs hundreds of them in long run. Also to anyone who doesnt know it yet it seems that we have region based markets so EU servers are linked together and NA not sure if they're both linked.

Only reason why stones are low price is because players from west is stupid. Lets take this scenario

Stones are at 8 gs

then comes one seller who decides its fine to undercut them with 5 silver because i want sell 10 stones at the same time instantly

next one comes does the same thing

and next and next and next now prices are low because of that

Pure stupidity.

And to proof that i've my own personal expierence. I've been steadily following it up when ever i had 10 stone batch for sell. Watched lowest price always first then i put them about 15-25 silver higher and they sold instantly before i could finish up putting stones on market and same time prices dropped like 5-10 silvers by newer sellers.

Soulstone prices are around 35-40 silvers ea total cost from soulstones is around 40gs

Moonwater Tear 38 silver. Cost 5.7g

Moonwater Quartz. Cost 80 silvers

Logs or clay i wont be calculating because they're just usually gathered with other 2 professions

So total cost for 10 stones is 46,5gs.

Craft Time

Tempered Clay REfiner 50minutes

Premium Tempered Clay refiner 12hours

Moonwater Trans Stone 24h

Total 36h 50 minutes

Current price of stones 5.96G = 10x 59,6G

Profit 13.1G (Pls remember prices will be changing all the time and they might be off because of that.

Is this worthit? Well not really. I can do +30gs in hour with some luck. Currently i just cant understand what ppl think. They could sell stones for 8g each and make 33,5g profit.

Majority who does these just want to sell 10 stones instantly and fast and because of that they feel its okay to undercut. Ill teach you guys method why im succesfull money maker in every mmorpg i've ever played. NEVER UNDERCUT ONLY IDIOTS DO THAT

In long run making stones is not effective way of making money. LEts look what we have to spent for out weapon upgrade fees. It takes 10-50gs to fully evolve our weapon from 1st stage to 10th stage plus materials. So are you guys seriously willing to sell expensive materials with minimal profit and wait weeks to get one stage completed with your weapons?

53 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

In long run making stones is not effective way of making money. LEts look what we have to spent for out weapon upgrade fees. It takes 10-50gs to fully evolve our weapon from 1st stage to 10th stage plus materials. So are you guys seriously willing to sell expensive materials with minimal profit and wait weeks to get one stage completed with your weapons?

Brother the honest truth is that this is a video game. We don't give a *cricket*. What I see from the way prices are now is that every day 10 gold falls into my pocket for free. Is 30 free gold better than 10? Of course it is. But there's no way you're going to get all the other hundreds or thousands of crafters on your server to care as much as you. 

Instead of spamming the forums with your complaining why don't you bring your money making skills into real life?  

1 minute ago, kickthecommie said:

Brother the honest truth is that this is a video game. We don't give a *cricket*. What I see from the way prices are now is that every day 10 gold falls into my pocket for free. Is 30 free gold better than 10? Of course it is. But there's no way you're going to get all the other hundreds or thousands of crafters on your server to care as much as you. 

Instead of spamming the forums with your complaining why don't you bring your money making skills into real life?  

You should give some about how much you make otherway youll never get anything fully upgraded.

Also who says that i dont have money in irl? Im making all the money i need. Im having everything i want irl. I dont need more and im making more than enough to support this lifestyle. Rather spent more doing hobbies and have more freedom than work my ass off and worry about how can i make bit more cash irl

20 minutes ago, kickthecommie said:

But my point is that it isn't 10g, it is more like 2g when you take into account that the mats are dropping fast. If I sold my soulstones yesterday instead of tying them up in crafting moonstones for 24 hours, I would've made a 4g profit. 

At this point its basically not worth the hassle of tying up 40g for 24 hours just to see that moonstones dropped another gold by tomorrow.

People buying the secret potter recipe right now will probably never make their money back.

1 hour ago, Ninfu said:

Is this worthit? Well not really. I can do +30gs in hour with some luck. Currently i just cant understand what ppl think. They could sell stones for 8g each and make 33,5g profit.

Majority who does these just want to sell 10 stones instantly and fast and because of that they feel its okay to undercut. Ill teach you guys method why im succesfull money maker in every mmorpg i've ever played. NEVER UNDERCUT ONLY IDIOTS DO THAT

I never have the skill to make large profit in MMO games unless out of pure luck. However, I do find the under pricing to be the dumbest in MMO market. Not only it hurts the profit of the sellers but also the value of the item. In some games I played, undercutting has a permanent effect on the price, making the item completely pointless to obtain and make profit on. I imagine a good business person would aim to make the most out of his product, not selling at the lowest price possible.

You also seem to imply this is rather West people's thing. Does this occurrence not happen in Europe?

I've said it many times before that crafting will just get to the point where you lose money in this game.  Majority of the stuff crafted is made at a loss til endgame stuff and even some of that is worthless value.

They need to fix crafting so it actually makes profits.

12 hours ago, Elfae said:

I never have the skill to make large profit in MMO games unless out of pure luck. However, I do find the under pricing to be the dumbest in MMO market. Not only it hurts the profit of the sellers but also the value of the item. In some games I played, undercutting has a permanent effect on the price, making the item completely pointless to obtain and make profit on. I imagine a good business person would aim to make the most out of his product, not selling at the lowest price possible.

You also seem to imply this is rather West people's thing. Does this occurrence not happen in Europe?

With west im referring more to EU because im EU player and i have no clue about NA prices. Also using west because this game is from Asia and this is just western version which counts Eu / Na

Theres very simple rule in every MMORPG how to make money. Dont waste time doing useless stuff. Like nowdays i've realised im so fed up with making money so i spent maybe 1hour evenings just afking and chatting. With that time i might've made more money but im at comfortable zone where money doesnt matter anymore that much. Tho just saving for upcoming legendary so i still need like 9k to be more comfortable but theres still time and when it comes most likely have hit that amount what i want

NA Servers Moonwater Transformation Stones just now hit 4.60gold each...you now officially lose a large sum of gold selling them over just selling the mats. Congratulations NA servers, you have demonstrated that incompetence is still on the rise...man no wonder other countries around the world think we are stupid.

Some fairly simple solutions to these 1st world problems. 

Don't play the broker game. 

Undercutting is a part of every tradebroker in every game. 

You're all just salty because you can't make profit, I don't know why/how you would think people would sympathize with that.

Archived