Any chance of BnS getting better on windows 10?

Dramais

Just now, mrGoodkat said:

Everyone here is arguing about OS superiority instead of trying to help the poor guy out with possible solutions T.T

good point Goodkat :)

Although you pretty much covered all the basics in your wonderful post above. anything beyond that and we'd have to know about driver versions, get a DxDiag, stuff like that. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, mrGoodkat said:

Everyone here is arguing about OS superiority instead of trying to help the poor guy out with possible solutions T.T

Look at my above post for POSSIBLE fixes to help with performance

While I do PC repair for people as a hobby  I never post any  possible solutions on a public forums. Cause I don't know if they will fully understand it or able to complete it. It could do more harm then good.

If they want support contact NCSOFT.

Thanks for the responses guys. It is the general problems, framerate spikes/crashes. Im using pretty outdated stuff, i said the computer was built a few years ago.

It runs just fine a majority of the time, it just crashes randomly as well too. The longest ive been able to play was 5 hours straight without crashing. Since then, i've "fixed" the razer synapse issue, and i cant play for more than 30 minutes at a time.

I have automatic updates off, so ill def update my windows 10 to the newest version.

My GPU might be old but i can run the newest WoW xpac at 75 fps on high-ultra settings. Ive turned my BnS settings down to the lowest they could go, so when i get home ill see about updating windows 10 and if that helps. Im sure it will

16 minutes ago, TheBlazz said:

While I do PC repair for people as a hobby  I never post any  possible solutions on a public forums. Cause I don't know if they will fully understand it or able to complete it. It could do more harm then good.

If they want support contact NCSOFT.

It's not your call though whether or not the end user can complete the fix, he asked the community for help about the issue. As someone who has been a developer in the game industry I can tell you that NCSofts QA department is probably small and not even directly working with NCSoft, most likely they are being contracted out to Volt in the Redmond, WA area just like most game companies(MS games studios and Riot to name a few), especially since NCSoft is located in Seattle . They will most likely not escalate any ticket nor give a non-automated response simply out of the legal reasons you just listed. On top of that they are probably already swamped with tickets and our friend here won't receive a response for days possibly. 

As an example does anyone remember when the Mac client for LoL came out? Remember the canned shitty responses Riot's support team gave anyone who had issues with it? This was because the support team out in Redmond they contracted had ZERO Mac desktops or Macbook pro's to debug with. When they requested Riot to provide them with one they were blown off by Riot for a long time. How can support teams with this lack of resources be expected to perform at a decent capacity?

12 minutes ago, mrGoodkat said:

It's not your call though whether or not the end user can complete the fix, he asked the community for help about the issue. As someone who has been a developer in the game industry I can tell you that NCSofts QA department is probably small and not even directly working with NCSoft, most likely they are being contracted out to Volt in the Redmond, WA area just like most game companies(MS games studios and Riot to name a few), especially since NCSoft is located in Seattle . They will most likely not escalate any ticket nor give a non-automated response simply out of the legal reasons you just listed. On top of that they are probably already swamped with tickets and our friend here won't receive a response for days possibly. 

That's very weird cause I send in a ticket asking a question. About if using keyboard and mouse like the Razer is allowed cause of the kind of software it uses. I got my answer in 6 hours after sending in the ticket.

I would remind everyone not to trust what a random people says on a forum when it comes to PC support. If you want support send in a ticket to NCSOFT and wait for them to help you.

Following any advice of some random person who you don't know could do more harm then good.

Just now, TheBlazz said:

That's very weird cause I send in a ticket asking a question. About if using keyboard and mouse like the Razer is allowed cause of the kind of software it uses. I got my answer in 6 hours after sending in the ticket.

I would remind everyone not to trust what a random people says on a forum when it comes to PC support. If you want support send in a ticket to NCSOFT and want for them to help you.

Following any advice of some random person who you don't know could do more harm then good.

Congrats you managed to have probably one of the most common issues with an easy copy/paste fix they can send you. If you look at the forum posts in support a good number of them involve Razor gear and software. 

Try sending them a DXDiag, explaining your issue, and then getting them to actually send you possible issues, or fixes they would want you to perform on your PC involving your hardware. 

"I would remind everyone not to trust what a random people says on a forum when it comes to PC support." - they might have the dumbest most common issue easily solved and expect support to be able to solve ANY problem that easily

I also use Windows 10, which is my favorite Windows so far (even better than XP and 7), and I have no problems with Blade & Soul. Have you tried updating Windows and your drivers? I know it's an annoying advice to have, but my friend had some big problems with many games lately, and when I told him to try and update his drivers he found out he had a really old version of DirectX. After he updated that, everything worked smoothly.

I am not against windows 10 However I am able to play the game on my sister laptop which has win 8.1 and I cannot install the game on my newer machine skylake i7, 16 GB ram, 980ti config with Wind10. I was able to play any other game I have perfectly but I cannot INSTALL Blade and sould it keep giving me error E2010.

1 minute ago, mrGoodkat said:

Congrats you managed to have probably one of the most common issues with an easy copy/paste fix they can send you. If you look at the forum posts in support a good number of them involve Razor gear and software. 

Try sending them a DXDiag, explaining your issue, and then getting them to actually send you possible issues, or fixes they would want you to perform on your PC involving your hardware. 

"I would remind everyone not to trust what a random people says on a forum when it comes to PC support." - they might have the dumbest most common issue easily solved and expect support to be able to solve ANY problem that easily

So you prefer them following some random person here on the message board ?  What if someone says if you delete your system32 folder it will fix there problem or something.

Just now, TheBlazz said:

So you prefer them following some random person here on the message board ?  What if someone says if you delete your system32 folder it will fix there problem or something.

Did I tell him to do that? 

I think all I said if you need me to dumb it down for you is to 
1. update windows.
2. uninstall display driver completely
3. reinstall most up-to-date display driver
4. tweak in game settings if still lagging.

If you are afraid of some guy on the internet saying these steps then you shouldn't even be trying to install the game on your own bud. If you have to reference a use-case that HASNT EVEN HAPPENED then you have no ground to stand on and you are arguing over what-ifs.

It's on the user to follow said steps, if they are operations they don't understand then it goes unsaid that they SHOULD NOT perform those operations and get someone who does understand them. If you can't perform a simple google search to validate said steps then that's also on you. Sorry if some people assume everyone else in the world isn't an idiot, but you are really making me question that assumption so keep going.

3 minutes ago, mrGoodkat said:

Did I tell him to do that? 

I think all I said if you need me to dumb it down for you is to 
1. update windows.
2. uninstall display driver completely
3. reinstall most up-to-date display driver
4. tweak in game settings if still lagging.

If you are afraid of some guy on the internet saying these steps then you shouldn't even be trying to install the game on your own bud. If you have to reference a use-case that HASNT EVEN HAPPENED then you have no ground to stand on and you are arguing over what-ifs.

It's on the user to follow said steps, if they are operations they don't understand then it goes unsaid that they SHOULD NOT perform those operations and get someone who does understand them. If you can't perform a simple google search to validate said steps then that's also on you. Sorry if some people assume everyone else in the world isn't an idiot, but you are really making me question that assumption so keep going.

OK, Let me dumb it down for you...... I said what if someone told the OP if they delete the system32 folder it would fix the issue or something You should never trust a random person on message board.

3 minutes ago, TheBlazz said:

OK, Let me dumb it down for you...... I said what if someone told the OP if they delete the system32 folder it would fix the issue or something You should never trust a random person on message board.  I'm done doing a battle of wits with an unarmed man seeya.

You just repeated yourself and completely ignored the fact your are using a case that hasn't even happened as your main argument. You sound like some kid who just learned how to nuke a system32 folder (despite there being guards in place to prevent that using the steps you described) and thinks they understand the whole big bad computer world. 

Just do yourself a favor and do be 'done' with the battle of wits you clearly aren't equipped to handle

I used to have stuttering issues with this game and windows 10 until I saw in the game's processor affinity settings that only one core was selected.  Annoying to have to set it to all cores anytime I start the game but hey 120 fps.

3 minutes ago, 00039 said:

I used to have stuttering issues with this game and windows 10 until I saw in the game's processor affinity settings that only one core was selected.  Annoying to have to set it to all cores anytime I start the game but hey 120 fps.

This could also be a cause of stuttering, good catch.

One other case I can think of is the memory used to render the game could be more than the Vram stored on your video card. The game will run smooth until it hits a scene that needs to allocate more memory than you have VRam, in that case it will start to allocate RAM instead and cause a huge bottleneck in the system. 

Tuning down GPU intensive settings will alleviate this issue. 

This post made me think about manually checking my drivers

haven,t done that for a while yikes! 

58 minutes ago, mrGoodkat said:

Look at my above post for POSSIBLE fixes to help with performance

What did he expect? He used " I hate windows 10 as much as the next person " while not providing any fact to back his claim? of course fan boys from everywhere will come and back him or lash at him. Especially when there's such a free and generic claim to pile on. 

This is actually a well known problem with upgrading to windows 10, and involves several different issues that involve more than just blade and soul. The fact that you have 10 is in itself not the problem, as people have mentioned SOME folks have 10 and run fine, like myself. That being said that does not MEAN that you aren't having a problem, you just aren't super sure of the source. You are going to want to do all of the standard things people try, like updating your video drivers, making sure your other drivers are up to date, making sure you close everything except necessary programs

You are going to probably run through a gauntlet of things, if you haven't already. But there is a lot of information out there to help you solve this. You also have to understand that if you do everything you can do, and something is still wrong, it may be a hardware issue on top of whatever else is going on. That being said, if it is isolated to ONLY blade and soul, you can bet it's some kind of a compatibility problem with something.

Have you tried running the game in different compatibility modes, and seeing if it makes any kind of a difference?

Just now, Tamchel said:

This post made me think about manually checking my drivers

haven,t done that for a while yikes! 

What did he expect? He used " I hate windows 10 as much as the next person " while not providing any fact to back his claim? of course fan boys from everywhere will come and back him or lash at him. Especially when there's such a free and generic claim to pile on. 

fanboys are stupid... every OS has a use and has a OS that is better for different occasions...

For web development I use Mac at work and Arch linux at home
For penetration testing I have a dual boot of Kali linux on my arch linux dev laptop
For gaming I have my windows 10 machine and my wife uses the windows 7 machine (why she prefers 7 I dunno but it lets me do some at-home benchmarking)
For game development I use Unity on mac/windows or if I'm doing a in-house engine I'll use my PC since I'm not a fan of mac game development.

Every OS has a use, every OS has a weakness... Eli the computer guy has a great video on this.

Just now, mrGoodkat said:

fanboys are stupid... every OS has a use and has a OS that is better for different occasions...

For web development I use Mac at work and Arch linux at home
For penetration testing I have a dual boot of Kali linux on my arch linux dev laptop
For gaming I have my windows 10 machine and my wife uses the windows 7 machine (why she prefers 7 I dunno but it lets me do some at-home benchmarking)
For game development I use Unity on mac/windows or if I'm doing a in-house engine I'll use my PC since I'm not a fan of mac game development.

Every OS has a use, every OS has a weakness... Eli the computer guy has a great video on this.

While you're right... 

Vista had a use? I mean, outside of being the UTMOST example of how not to code an OS? 

Moreover, I'm of those who believes that not upgrading to something else no matter how bad or good it is, is just slowing development and doesn't contribute to advancement of technology. 

Dev companies doesn't know right out of the way how bad something will turn out, they need feedback and for feedback they need people. Refusing to upgrade because you,re scared of losing I-Don't-Know-What (especially when it's a free upgrade from 7 to 10 (FREE DAMMNIT)) is silly. 

Always keep a cd-key of previous OS to be capable of reverting if something happens, but staying in the past out of fear is just hindering development. 

I understand companies an such because upgrading from an OS to another costs massive amounts of money that most doesn,t dare spend in the IT department (they feel it's where they can cut as much as they want where it's the department they should invest in as much as possible (Personal opinion)) 

But hey, I'm derailing the thread .-.

1 minute ago, Tamchel said:

While you're right... 

Vista had a use? I mean, outside of being the UTMOST example of how not to code an OS? 

Moreover, I'm of those who believes that not upgrading to something else no matter how bad or good it is, is just slowing development and doesn't contribute to advancement of technology. 

Dev companies doesn't know right out of the way how bad something will turn out, they need feedback and for feedback they need people. Refusing to upgrade because you,re scared of losing I-Don't-Know-What (especially when it's a free upgrade from 7 to 10 (FREE DAMMNIT)) is silly. 

Always keep a cd-key of previous OS to be capable of reverting if something happens, but staying in the past out of fear is just hindering development. 

I understand companies an such because upgrading from an OS to another costs massive amounts of money that most doesn,t dare spend in the IT department (they feel it's where they can cut as much as they want where it's the department they should invest in as much as possible (Personal opinion)) 

But hey, I'm derailing the thread .-.

OP already commented and thanks everyone, I doubt he is reading at this point and thread has essentially turned into an off-topic chat.

3 minutes ago, Juggar said:

Windows 10 works fine with blade and soul. 

Literally anyone here having any issues whatsoever is using: 

1. AMD garbage

2. Razer software 

3. Low spec garbage PC with integrated GPU 

Integrated GPU makes me lol everytime I see it

What are people expecting... 

Razer and AMD war are ground I'm not threading on.

WAYY to close to value debate for comfort... you're just meeting walls every corners. 

Archived