Any chance of BnS getting better on windows 10?

Dramais

I was dumb enough to stick with the windows 10 upgrade for too long, before BnS came out. Now i have it, and cannot do the recovery option through windows 10 itself.

My computer was custom built by someone else and given to me as a gift, a few years ago. Im pretty sure I had windows 8 on it, but i have no idea.

Before I make the decision to try and revert back to windows 7/8 the hard away, is there any idea on how long it will take NCSoft to update the game to become more compatible with windows 10?

I hate windows 10 as much as the next person, but im afraid of my computer being unusable because of my lack of knowledge.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

In many cases B&S performs horribly on Windows 10, even when it worked perfectly on the same computer under Windows 7.

Sounds like you don't update your drivers, because Windows is constantly patching Win 10 almost weekly. If you are having issues, the problem is related to something you are doing, not Win 10, because Win 10 runs much better than 7 ever did. Sorry but that has been proven time and again in multiple tests on multiple sites.

If you are one of those stubborn types who thinks updating drivers is bad juju or something then that is probably already the start of your problems right there. I also tend to find whenever I do maintenance on these people that supposedly have self built pro gaming rigs that "run Win 10 like crap" they are loaded with malware and other crap clogging up their data stream. So yea, in the end, if Win 10 is performing sluggishly for you, it is something you are doing or have done or even outdated hardware you are using that is gumming up the works, not Win 10, because I run BnS just fine at full 60 FPS consistently.

Just now, OkamiTsuchi said:

Sounds like you don't update your drivers, because Windows is constantly patching Win 10 almost weekly. If you are having issues, the problem is related to something you are doing, not Win 10, because Win 10 runs much better than 7 ever did. Sorry but that has been proven time and again in multiple tests on multiple sites.

If you are one of those stubborn types who thinks updating drivers is bad juju or something then that is probably already the start of your problems right there. I also tend to find whenever I do maintenance on these people that supposedly have self built pro gaming rigs that "run Win 10 like crap" they are loaded with malware and other crap clogging up their data stream. So yea, in the end, if Win 10 is performing sluggishly for you, it is something you are doing or have done or even outdated hardware you are using that is gumming up the works, not Win 10, because I run BnS just fine at full 60 FPS consistently.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen so much bullshit in a single post before. Were you going for an achievement or something?

Might try a simple forum search before you start spewing misinformation. Also, I use Windows 7.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen so much bullshit in a single post before. Were you going for an achievement or something?

Might try a simple forum search before you start spewing misinformation. Also, I use Windows 7.

Actually it isn't misinformation. Congratulations, fastest denial post I've ever read. Good job. But of course you wouldn't know of any updates since you are now on an outdated OS. Better yet, I bet you are one of those who ignores all the people who have speed tested this stuff and proven beyond a fact that Win 8, 8.1 and 10 are all faster to.

I have Blade and Soul on my PC and Alienware 18 laptop. both computers work wit Windows 10 OS. And the game is working fine.

8 minutes ago, ServerAreDown said:

mines hovering at 120 so idk

That's called basic programming sense. Most games do that when you are in a different window and don't have the game as a focus. It basically helps to protect the graphics card and not risk burning up your GPU when you have other processes on. MMOs do this specifically because players have a habit of idling in the games and having multiple tasks open that they focus on.

33 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

a fact that Win 8, 8.1 and 10 are all faster to.

lol sorry m8, you just disqualified yourself with that comment. Win8 better than Win 7... yeah exactly that's why win 8 was such a fail and they had to push out 8.1 Then released Win 10 for free, because they didn't dare to ask money for an OS what Win 8 should have been.

18 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Na man, I agree with him, windows 10 has never given me any issues on games so far and I play every major release(MGSV, TW3, FC4, DS2, etc... etc..), but it's not just about updates. It's a combination of updates, video drivers, and hardware.

For all we know the sluggish windows 10 users are using video cards from a manufacturer who doesn't have great windows 10 support yet( I used nvidia and haven't kept up to date on AMD. nvidia has decent DX 12 drivers, I'm pretty sure I heard AMD has even better so this point could be moot)

If he didn't build his PC himself for all he knows he is using RAM that is poorly chosen for the rest of his hardware causing another bottleneck that just adds to it. He could also not be using updated Windows 10 ready video drivers causing even more issues. 

We can't worry about your hardware, assuming you are tech illiterate it would be a pain for you to check your RAM speeds to see if they sync properly with the rest of your rig. Lets start with software.

I personally use 2 rigs, 1 with Windows 7, the other with Windows 10... both run the exact same hardware, I like seeing/testing the differences between directX 12 and the older directX builds.

If you don't want to worry about reinstalling windows from scratch try these steps to see if it helps:

1. Update Windows 10 completely, as the previous user said Windows 10 updates very often.
2. Use Display Driver Uninstaller(http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) and remove your video drivers from your machine completely (using add/remove programs could leave unwanted artifacts).

3. Reinstall the most up-to-date stable drivers available to your GPU, make sure the old drivers were completely removed using the tool in step 2.
4. Try running the game, if the game is still laggy try tweaking the in-game settings, generally in video games I find these settings to be the most performance hungry:
   - Turn off or lower all shadow quality, dynamic shadows are usually done with raycasting from the lightsource and that is pretty shader intensive (GPU heavy)
   - Turn off vsync, this will stop you from seeing screen tearing if are seeing screen tearing when say moving your camera around. If I'm on a weaker system I'll try to not have this turned on since I don't think it's worth it
   - Ambient occlusion, I could be blind but I find the change this adds to the immersion not worth the performance hit, I will only turn this on if I'm comfortable I won't lost any performance since for me this is unnoticeable. 
   - Anti Aliasing Lower or turn this setting off, you might see more pixellated graphics on the edges of polygons/textures but this will be an even bigger performance hit than shadows.

If these steps don't help then I'd say your rig is probably weaker than you believe it to be or there is some other issue and your next best bet would be to Insert a Windows 7 (or 8 but I personally prefer 7) boot disk. Back up any important files and do a clean install. I honestly don't believe you will get any better performance from 7 since DX 12 benchmarks have been getting better over time but hey, when you are desperate for a solution you try anything.

Sorry if I'm not technical enough or incorrect on some of this, I'm writing this from work with info just off the top of my head. 

45 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Actually it isn't misinformation. Congratulations, fastest denial post I've ever read. Good job. But of course you wouldn't know of any updates since you are now on an outdated OS. Better yet, I bet you are one of those who ignores all the people who have speed tested this stuff and proven beyond a fact that Win 8, 8.1 and 10 are all faster to.

+1. I used to be one of those "I'll stick with winX-2generations ago till the day I die" people...but then again, My rising PC years were dealing with stuff like Windows Me and win2000. I've been using windows since windows 3.0, and win10 was one of the smoothest Upgrades I've done to date. and I have yet to run into any issues with the games I play (I play allot, though most are MMOs and ARPGs).

people need to get away from the "it's win10" debacle, and look deeper, cause it's not win10. 

I don't watch my framerates, but I don't see any noticeable lag or performance drop unless I'm fighting Pha with 20+ people spamming everything they can. And even then it's minor

1 minute ago, papragu said:

lol sorry m8, you just disqualified yourself with that comment. Win8 better than Win 7... yeah exactly that's why win 8 was such a fail and they had to push out 8.1 Then released Win 10 for free, because they didn't dare to ask money for an OS what Win 8 should have been.

Actually it failed because no one liked the metro interface. Again it was proven to be faster and more responsive, but it only takes a feature no one likes to make people not like something. It's funny how you say I disqualify myself, yet you are the one quoting misinformation. Yea, I don't think you have a right for claiming disqualification at this point. And it's even more hilarious you think them giving Win 10 upgrades for free some how hurt them or was even bad.

8 minutes ago, papragu said:

I'm not sure he said win8 was better...he just said it was FASTER. given that you had appropriate drivers and such. Better isn't what I'd describe my win8 experience, cause I agree with you that they brought out win10 partially due to bad response from win8 (but also due to a global shift in market paradigms). 

I hated win8 in it's design and how it did stuff, it was simply dumb IMO. But better as an OS and faster as an OS are different things.

Archived