Installing Problems???

Hauntd

Hey guys, Not sure if this is the right spot for it.  I installed the game and then uninstalled it because the launcher was not working. now when I run the installer its asking me if I'd like to uninstall the game even though I've uninstalled and deleted all the info on the game. As far as I can tell atleast. I'm running Windows 10 by the way. So I'm not sure my problem. I've never had a game done this. Any ideas?

Well sorry I was wrong. I thought I had completely uninstalled it. I looked on my programs and features and its there. I just tried to uninstall it and I got this Error. 1628: failed to Complete Installation Problem.

After some google searching (and a couple of terrible google translates), it's possible that some of the files you've installed are damaged/corrupted, and need to be manually deleted out of your computer.

Navigate to the place you installed BnS (which, by default, should be something like "C:/program files (x86) [assuming 64-bit Windows]/NCSoft", and delete all the folders in there.

Other weird solutions also mentioned that the installation is stuck downloading, and requires you to disconnect your internet connection, and/or a very slim possibility that you don't have enough storage memory.

If none of those help you, then I apologize I couldn't help any further.

At that point, you'll have to send a support ticket to NCSoft Support.

I did, but once it stopped working. ie not starting the launcher. I uninstalled it and once I went to reinstall I encountered that first problem. now It seems that maybe all the files are not completely deleted? I've also done some searching and most of it wants me to install one of those crazy fixer that you have to pay for. 

Alright I tried that. Once it starts up I'm given the option of completely removing all files and A Yes or No Option. If I hit yes I get the Error: -1605 This action is only valid for products that are currently installed. If I hit no it just ends the installer. 

5 hours ago, Hauntd said:

Alright I tried that. Once it starts up I'm given the option of completely removing all files and A Yes or No Option. If I hit yes I get the Error: -1605 This action is only valid for products that are currently installed. If I hit no it just ends the installer. 

Are you given any other option besides Remove?

• 1 month later...

That 1605 error is common when the software has left remnants of keys within the registry due to a borked install/uninstall.

Go to piriform.com and download CCleaner. It's free (as long as you select the free version!).

Install and run the software.

-Select "Registry" on the left.

-Click "Scan for Issues".

-Click "Fix Selected Issues".

It gives you the option to backup your registry if you'd like (if you're paranoid about such things then go ahead).

After it cleans the broken registry entries go ahead and scan again and again as there are usually two or three layers of broken entries to clean up. Continue scanning and fixing until CCleaner can't find any more.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

download a program called iobit uninstaller. I have the same issue as u with the error 1605. I messaged support and they recommended me this program. The uninstaller is not supported by ncsoft. I downloaded it and followed the process to uninstall the game. It initially failedd the installation wizard program but it somehow found the files and corrupt registry keys and deleted them. now I can reinstall my game back onto my desktop. 

Hey guys, tried to fix this problem for 4 hours straight (browsing forums etc too)  x-x but worked in the end

1. If you want to reinstall but it says you can't check out this thread and follow the instructions.

2. Once you have done that and you get Error-1605 Install iobit like ayanekaoru said and try to uninstall blade and soul.

3. If it still gives the error open the program again but this time Right Click it and Click Open in RegEdit

4. Once in RegEdit right click again and click ''Delete

5. Right click again and delete registry key and all sub blabla and it will delete it all. (I don't remember exactly what it said LOL sorry xd)

6. Run blade and soul installer again and enjoy :3

p.s

I don't come here often but ill try to help if it still doesn't work ^^

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Ahhh only took me about an hour but here was my solution.  I went in to my program file x86, found anything related to BnS and manually removed it and still got my 1605 errors then i got fed up came here and tried these with no help.  Then i saw the name of the Install wizard inside my program files x86 and had a bunch of files in that.  I manually removed them and was finally able to Download the game with no issues especially it trying to uninstall itself when I'm trying to install. I say try doing this method before downloading anything into your computer that isn't BnS

Archived