Jump to content
Forums

Dear NCSoft, please look into Faction balance before it completely died!


Recommended Posts

Guild Wars 2, after many years and much QQ, made the server balance affected by WvW activity rather than server-registered players.

 

Translation: For BnS, a script needs to determine a player/faction's pvp activity. They could probably ask anet for tips. Sort the pvers and bots from the real pvpers etc. Right now, the bandwagon goes to blue, the bots default to red, and the cycle continues and gets even worse day by day so red has maybe one channel and blue has the rest. RIP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But then it's changed after the launches, lots of big Chinese/TW coming in and filling the blue such as Legend and their branches, PRC and their branches they actively patrolling misty woods all chann

Same issue on Jiwan. Playing Crimson is playing hide & seek. I actually prefer it, but if you didn't get your insignias in headstart you're either going to have to get up at 3am and hope there's a

Yehara's PvE players choose Crimson. Sadly, there are a few reasons for the unbalance.   1) Alt accounts. People make accounts to join one side so that they can join another. This also happe

Dude please dont cry... from the headstart until the last 4 days i couldnt even find a party for insignia farming... EVERYWHERE REDS... the blues just waked up now. Im more than happy so just accept that. Its now really balanced... It wasnt like a week ago, because all the filler blues switched to their reds, but now there are no traitors anymore and the blues fight back!

Edited by Mischka
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malign said:

My clan always does faction dailies as a group. We never have a problem unless a channel clearly has a lot of reds. These quests were really designed to be done as a group.

 I haven't done any faction quests yet just joined one. Also not in a clan. So do you have to be wearing the faction uniform to do the quests? If you do I can see the problem pvp during those quest objectives. But if not then I don't really get why having opposite faction around or in the channel effects things.

 

So that was my round about way of just asking, why is it a problem?

Edited by MrNiN
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dalamar6 said:

Guild Wars 2, after many years and much QQ, made the server balance affected by WvW activity rather than server-registered players.

 

Translation: For BnS, a script needs to determine a player/faction's pvp activity. They could probably ask anet for tips. Sort the pvers and bots from the real pvpers etc. Right now, the bandwagon goes to blue, the bots default to red, and the cycle continues and gets even worse day by day so red has maybe one channel and blue has the rest. RIP.

 

Except GW2 is server vs server and WvWvW. GW2 was designed from the outset to have 'server pride' at the center of WvWvW. It's easy to change server pairings based on last months server rankings. Apples and Oranges really.

 

Theres only two options with single world PvP. Either incentivise people to join a faction or force them them too. Your suggestion is to force them where as I think them whereas incetivising is a better option if you can make it work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, as I've suggested before, have it so that the weaker side gets survivability PvP buffs based on how many of the other side there are in comparison.

 

100 vs 1? 100:1 ratio right there and outnumbered by a large amount. Give them a buff that will let them survive all 100 players at a decent rate (even if not enough to win, at least enough to escape).   1 vs 1? 1:1 ratio, no buffs on either side.  2:1? weaker side gets some survival buffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlowFish said:

 

Except GW2 is server vs server and WvWvW. GW2 was designed from the outset to have 'server pride' at the center of WvWvW. It's easy to change server pairings based on last months server rankings. Apples and Oranges really.

 

Theres only two options with single world PvP. Either incentivise people to join a faction or force them them too. Your suggestion is to force them where as I think them whereas incetivising is a better option if you can make it work.

 

First part of your statement is very true, great analogy btw. first part of second statement is half true I think. people should be able to join the faction they want. Especially for the subscribers. Or maybe that should be the tipping point something to incentivize people to join premium. Make faction choice optional while FtP must deal with the balancing system. I mean I want to play on the side I choose, for my reasons. I pay for the game monthly, I think it should be my choice. If one side or the other is having trouble getting members, perhaps that side should re-think how to change the way the population perceives them. After all, it is still an rpg...which means people need to still be able to choose the role and class they want, beyond just character creation.

last part of the second statement...I just don't know what happened, maybe you hit a few wrong keys. : -))..... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, elliv said:

F4cPR1g.png --->>.eJwNyUEOhCAMAMC_8ABaoBDW3xAkaFRKoGYPZv- --->> oK7yZaT.png

 

 

You do know that the above statistics are shown per area you are in and not per totals of faction?

If you open the above in misty woods it will show how many crimson vs ceruleans are in that area.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HateMe said:

 

You do know that the above statistics are shown per area you are in and not per totals of faction?

If you open the above in misty woods it will show how many crimson vs ceruleans are in that area.

 

is this True? I demand confirmation

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to be that girl, but I am always amused by people that constantly say a developer needs to fix faction balance. The question no one answers is how are they going to fix it? The answer to that is they can't, especially when you are talking about player freedom of choice to do whatever the hell they want. They can't make people pick one faction over another, they can only guide them with flavor text and maybe some shiny's. And they also can't make people participate in the faction warfare. This is also another thing that has always baffled me that people some how think that people who don't want to PvP, or world PvP, are some how going to be convinced to start just because the developers do something. It just isn't going to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

I hate to be that girl, but I am always amused by people that constantly say a developer needs to fix faction balance. The question no one answers is how are they going to fix it? The answer to that is they can't, especially when you are talking about player freedom of choice to do whatever the hell they want. They can't make people pick one faction over another, they can only guide them with flavor text and maybe some shiny's. And they also can't make people participate in the faction warfare. This is also another thing that has always baffled me that people some how think that people who don't want to PvP, or world PvP, are some how going to be convinced to start just because the developers do something. It just isn't going to happen.

Read my first post, especially the one with bots/goldspammers/etc joining the minor faction and making both "Even", even though it actually isn't.

Y6PaU6U.png

 

11 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

how are they going to fix it?

by doing something about this

nHquoSi.png

from filling up the rank

Edited by elliv
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elliv said:

Read my first post, especially the one with bots/goldspammers/etc joining the minor faction and making both "Even", even though it actually isn't.

Y6PaU6U.png

 

by doing something about this

nHquoSi.png

from filling up the rank

Getting rid of the bots, won't fix the problem. So no it won't help. Even the Asian servers most players lean towards the Crimson Order with few servers leaning towards Cerulean. Again, you still aren't going to fix the problem of faction imbalance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OkamiTsuchi said:

Getting rid of the bots, won't fix the problem. So no it won't help. Even the Asian servers most players lean towards the Crimson Order with few servers leaning towards Cerulean. Again, you still aren't going to fix the problem of faction imbalance.

Better than having crimson filled with bots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elliv said:

Better than having crimson filled with bots.

Well the second question, do you even have evidence said bots even joined a faction or are you just assuming that they join a faction because bots don't immediately go into farming dungeons and instances for special loot and actually bother with the quests at all? Otherwise, you still haven't presented a solution to fixing said problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Well the second question, do you even have evidence said bots even joined a faction or are you just assuming that they join a faction because bots don't immediately go into farming dungeons and instances for special loot and actually bother with the quests at all? Otherwise, you still haven't presented a solution to fixing said problem.

Those bots joined faction otherwise how do they spam at /faction channel

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2016 at 8:45 PM, elliv said:

 

So how is faction balance on your server? Are you satisfied with it? share us your horror story!

 

I urge everyone to come join their minor faction be it red or blue, for the sake of all.

Thanks Ut4WZ.gif

 

Windrest on one channel a gang of cerulians farm everything what moves on other channel gang of crimsons farm everything what moves.  Best option look in faction chat where people from your faction farm Terrors. Go on this channel ask for pt do dailies.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Well the second question, do you even have evidence said bots even joined a faction or are you just assuming that they join a faction because bots don't immediately go into farming dungeons and instances for special loot and actually bother with the quests at all? Otherwise, you still haven't presented a solution to fixing said problem.

I beg you good sir to see what state we are currently in with your own eyes by joining

red in Mushin,

red in Poharan,

red in Jiwan,

blue in Yehara,

blue in Old Man Cho,

And see whether Faction balance is balanced or not.

 

To me it is not, and those people in my friend lists, and those people that switched their whole guild to the other faction because they couldn't even done faction dailies without getting the pickup NPC butchered on all available channels.

 

I'm a stupid person so I cant give solution, but I want NCsoft to look at this at least, therefore I posted this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2c.:

  1. Make faction choice server-wide. You don't play both factions in same server;
  2. You cannot switch faction anymore. You keep what you had choose. Stop all those joining one faction just to switch when the other unlocks. If you change mind, delete all your characters in that server and repeat. Or wait without choose any faction, until your one unlocks, if you like it so much;
  3. Make faction-locking more intelligent (or less dumb, whatever) and decide it based on real pvp activity, not numbers of players. All those ones that: hate PvP / never does it / never log in / all of them, does not have to be counted.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alot of this "Balance" you speak of, should be coming out of the active PVPErs of your faction, cruleans on Soha never OW pvp and are highly disfunctional when doing blackwyrm ( dont get me started, I had to switch factions to crimson it was embarassing) . What your faction puts in, is what you get it, #'s dont really matter  ( I doubt you are running into constant "Sieges" tho..

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this chatter about lazy reds needs to cease.  For players who are not level 45, Mistywoods means nothing to them,  You can beg and call names all you want and there isn't a thing those players can do about Mistywoods, nor do they care.  So why are they lazy for not going to Mistywoods?  Go tell level 10s to go to Mistywoods and see how much good you do.   Calling these people lazy just makes them not want to bother leveling up so guess what, you'll never see them.  Your fault, not theirs.

 

The second thing is everybody should play this game their own way.  If you want to rush to 45 and hit end game three days after the game comes out, fine.  But that isn't how I play.  I'm not in a rush to burn through the entire content of the game in a mad hurry.   Hurry hurry hurry, no thanks.  I have no sympathy for those who rushed to the end and have nothing else to do but complain about not being able to do dailies.   

 

And finally the faction balance screen MEANS NOTHING!!!  The balance counts every single ALT which is in either faction.   So if you have five reds in your character screen, that's counted as five different members of the faction.  If somebody started playing during launch, made a couple characters and then never came back, those characters still count toward the faction count and always will until NCsoft purges dead accounts, if they ever do.   

 

So the red/blue imbalance in the game is simply because there are more reds with inactive or duplicated to extra characters that never get played or they do get played but aren't 45 so again Mistywoods doesn't matter to them.   Blue apparently has more actives who actually can come to Misty, so there you go.  

 

What to do?  Go delete characters you aren't actually playing or move some of them to the other side.   If both sides clog up the faction count with dead or inactives, the count will eventually balance out more.   Meanwhile it means nothing so don't get your panties in a wad freaking out about it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...