Dear NCSoft, please look into Faction balance before it completely died!

elliv

But then it's changed after the launches, lots of big Chinese/TW coming in and filling the blue such as Legend and their branches, PRC and their branches they actively patrolling misty woods all channels to find Crimson misty farm group and plummet them down.

Everywhere i see blue blue blue even though the population shows even on both populations.

Frustrated many of the reds, including most in my friend lists frustrated because they can't do any faction quests done and their insignia, they switched to blue. Some of my friends are guild leader and they bringing their whole guild to the blue. Then it's just bandwagons, more and more blue and reds become rare commodity, take a look at /z most of the times blue LF reds for trade kill. I even posted this at /z "WTS Red killing service 19s for 10 kill" and got people lining up on my whispers, some called me scum but lol?

On "P" interface, it shows this

F4cPR1g.png --->>.eJwNyUEOhCAMAMC_8ABaoBDW3xAkaFRKoGYPZv- --->> oK7yZaT.png

But it's bullshit, bots and goldseller spammers make them even. Everytime the blue population "Full", by the next minute you will see them back to "even" and you will see those bots at the starter town started to taking up spaces in Crimson and spamming gold selling on /faction (or the reverse).

vq4irxb.png

even though the number is small, Minority faction should be able to secure a channel, if only we could communicate, but nope /faction is useless and its filled with gold spammers and most of us have it turned off completely.

Every day, people on my friendlist and people that I know from other community, have changed their colors to blue. You are pretty much safe wearing your blue uniform 24/7 on everywhere while if you are wearing the wrong color you will be butchered down by at least 5 of them. Open world pvp has become hide and seek game, the hunter and the hunted. Misty Woods faction dailies become harder to get, because of most of the times the quest giver NPCs already murdered by them... all channels

Follow the bandwagon, you will hurt the wound even more, and at this rate the wound might be so deep that it will go beyond repair and when this happen you can say goodbye for your open world pvp. I don't want this to happen therefore I posted this whiny thread some of you might say.

tl;dr

Poharan #1 Problem

v90uM8R.png

3ca556ef804fdb437e50a9f24ba478b5.png

So how is faction balance on your server? Are you satisfied with it? share us your horror story!

I urge everyone to come join their minor faction be it red or blue, for the sake of all.

Thanks Ut4WZ.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ServerAreDown said:

faction is balanced, just everyone lazy.

How is it balanced? how do you know it's due to people being "lazy". Crimson has been full on almost all servers during the headstart, just because majority of humans are followers, and have one direction. "bad guys are cool, and has colors like red." (Red is usually second most popular color in the world), Which means, cerulean is ALWAYS open to bots, who flood that faction until they're banned, and then flood in some more. 

No one has actual numbers, so it's hard to say who is right or wrong, but when you look at it from a certain perspective, it's obvious bots are making it very unbalanced. 

The polls showed a pretty 50 50 spread every time it was asked what faction you would join. On the Cerulean side on Poharan when I do dailies I don't really do them alone I can party with other players trying to do them. I think Crimson just doesn't get together to do stuff. I think there are bots on each side of factions. I wish the Crimson would organize more. then it would be hard for botters to capitalize on Faction.

Raise the level cap to joining faction back to how it is in other regions close to the Lv.20 dungeon just before the area where you actually do faction quests (the frog OW boss area in CN had a faction quest and one of the cave/dungeons where you run with the faction leaders did a trial to get your faction robes) and less bots/goldsellers will join or it'll at least take them awhile. I wouldn't mind a faction roll back if they did this either,

not everyone has the time to be doing blackwyrm or spend an hour searching for people to kill for quest. Some people doesn't like pvp in general or even stay away from faction relation things except quest. Even some people bring their friends over and don't even do any faction hunting. They're either lazy or don't have the time while some have the time and people follow them because they can get things done quicker. Hell in Soha, a lot of crims did blackwyrm a ton of times, on the other side were just busy making chat and throwing memes at each other.

Same issue on Jiwan. Playing Crimson is playing hide & seek. I actually prefer it, but if you didn't get your insignias in headstart you're either going to have to get up at 3am and hope there's a forgotten channel somewhere or give up on moonwater entirely. We get these roaming groups of destroyers that come through, wait until bosses spawn and then spin2win. Surprisingly effective tactic. They'll keep it up until enough folks get frustrated and leave, then on to the next channel.

Funny part is, there's usually more reds than blues. But the reds, going with their chosen mentality, tend towards chaos while the blues are a much more orderly bunch. Order, in this case, wins - handily.

On 2016/2/2 at 4:29 AM, Lurkios said:

Same issue on Jiwan. Playing Crimson is playing hide & seek. I actually prefer it, but if you didn't get your insignias in headstart you're either going to have to get up at 3am and hope there's a forgotten channel somewhere or give up on moonwater entirely. We get these roaming groups of destroyers that come through, wait until bosses spawn and then spin2win. Surprisingly effective tactic. They'll keep it up until enough folks get frustrated and leave, then on to the next channel.

Funny part is, there's usually more reds than blues. But the reds, going with their chosen mentality, tend towards chaos while the blues are a much more orderly bunch. Order, in this case, wins - handily.

Does not matter lol, just happen to be that color.

Majority faction

Mushin = blue,

Poharan = blue,

Jiwan = blue,

Yehara = red,

Old Man Cho = red,

Yehara's PvE players choose Crimson. Sadly, there are a few reasons for the unbalance.

1) Alt accounts. People make accounts to join one side so that they can join another. This also happens when recruiting, someone will just tell you to switch sides and offer to help you switch by throwing an alt on the other side.

2) Gear lockdown. One side doesn't even let the other side do questing. NPCs are always dead, players are KOS, etc. So Soulstone farming is very limited for one side, any serious questing is essentially impossible for one side.  So what happens? They switch sides to do their PvE.

3) Inactivity. A lot of end-game is locked behind PvP at this point. This means that if you are getting completely overwhelmed and don't want to switch, the game quickly becomes less interesting.

These combined caused me to notice something about my server. Most of the time I'm doing faction quests? I see an overwhelming amount of Crimson. I can go afk in the middle of a highly populated pvp area and expect nobody on the other team to attack me because by the time they get out of their spawn, there are about 40 or so Crimson waiting for them.

The ratio is quite literally something like 10:1 or 40:1 depending on the day.

Fortunately, Yehara is still a relatively small server from what I've seen.

You know what's creepier than gold spammers standing around in town? I have never actually seen one with a faction robe on. I seriously have considered running around town pking them if I saw any more. Do we need to force the robes on low levels who complete the quest at level 5 rather than at chapter 17 (I think) where it is needed?

6 minutes ago, 879309_1452550461 said:

I was planning on joining the Crimson legion before the release, and I've always picked that in the Betas.  But I always see higher level people from the Crimson legion camping around the first village and kill lower level players, so I just joined the blue side and come back later and kill them.

I see the same thing from blues, dude. It all depends on the server.

7 minutes ago, Darkwingz said:

You know what's creepier than gold spammers standing around in town? I have never actually seen one with a faction robe on. I seriously have considered running around town pking them if I saw any more. Do we need to force the robes on low levels who complete the quest at level 5 rather than at chapter 17 (I think) where it is needed?

Personally, I don't see why NCSoft doesn't move that quest to the Ch. 17 spot permanently. Sure, you don't get faction chat until then, but does that REALLY matter? You wouldn't miss it if you never knew you could have it. Plus, you don't get your first faction quest until after Ch. 17 anyways not to mention that this alteration would severely help trim down the spammers.  

2 minutes ago, Aluvis said:

Personally, I don't see why NCSoft doesn't move that quest to the Ch. 17 spot permanently. Sure, you don't get faction chat until then, but does that REALLY matter? You wouldn't miss it if you never knew you could have it. Plus, you don't get your first faction quest until after Ch. 17 anyways not to mention that this alteration would severely help trim down the spammers.  

Ooh, good point. But, even at level 17 the bots would be level 20+ already and still be present in faction chat unless it is limited to max level. I mean, the only thing you need it for is the NPC faction quest raids.

2 minutes ago, Liriel said:

Dear ncsoft, Stop limiting factions! I recently rolled an alt and could not join my clans faction!! this is not good. 

I was able to switch over an alt after mailing myself some silver and waiting for a while. A little patience goes a long way.

1 minute ago, Darkwingz said:

Ooh, good point. But, even at level 17 the bots would be level 20+ already and still be present in faction chat unless it is limited to max level. I mean, the only thing you need it for is the NPC faction quest raids.

Yeah, there's still going to be bots, but it won't be as simple as just creating a character in 10 minutes ready to spam.

Just now, Aluvis said:

Yeah, there's still going to be bots, but it won't be as simple as just creating a character in 10 minutes ready to spam.

Hmm, unless we are limited to how many times we can talk per 1 or 10 minutes, then the spam will be endless. I usually don't have 10 things to say in a minute, so that that's a good number to start with. After 10 texts per minute, you are restricted from chatting for 30 minutes. Most guilds use discord, skype, or line to talk nowadays so it shouldn't be much of a problem...right? Am I wrong though?

11 hours ago, Shauneh said:

How is it balanced? how do you know it's due to people being "lazy". Crimson has been full on almost all servers during the headstart, just because majority of humans are followers, and have one direction. "bad guys are cool, and has colors like red." (Red is usually second most popular color in the world), Which means, cerulean is ALWAYS open to bots, who flood that faction until they're banned, and then flood in some more. 

No one has actual numbers, so it's hard to say who is right or wrong, but when you look at it from a certain perspective, it's obvious bots are making it very unbalanced. 

Well from my perspective the balance between the factions shifts back and forth pretty much constantly....I been playing from head start, I chose not to join a faction because on my server, Master Hong, Crimson filled up very fast after a few instances where lvl 45 CO members were ganking lvl 6 people. that put a lot of people off, and Crimson membership sky rocketed on my particular server.

I waited and thought I was SOL until a few days ago Crimson was open again. I joined Crimson, hooray for me. Anyway....there are various reasons why one factions fills up before the other, the uniform had very little to do with it on my server. Although..as a former Horde member....Red and Black is somewhat nostalgic. I actually think both uniforms look kind of dumb.  But CO uniform is really dress up prissy looking. Both sides seem PvP competent, some more then others ,and both sides seem equally immature in their behavior....I should fit right in!!! Oh yeah!! infantile *cricket* jokes abound!!.....*sigh* yeah it never stops.

Anyway, faction size shifts back and forth, according to how people are getting along from what I have seen...two people get into a argument, then one switches sides because now that faction in that persons eye's are all ass hats. Just how things roll.

Btw Crimson isn't the "bad guys" according to the story Arch. Neither side is, they just don't agree politically. CO is seen as a faction that will become another corrupt government because it still conforms to the social class system. Crimson are basically revolutionaries that want it to be more of a free vote system. So anyone that is joining CL because they think they are the "cool bad guys", well then they're stupid. I don't actually think you don't know this stuff, but some others might not, and on the chance that they read it, hey they might learn a bit.

p.s. lots of bots in crimson faction chat too, I got to block them every time I log in.

I'm blue on Poharan and trust me, there are just as many spammers in /faction.  And it was pretty obvious over the last week a bunch of red moved over to blue - the quality has gone down hill a bit...so to speak, lol.  I noticed blue chat becoming more like Red was on release ( I switched to Blue on day two after I could not take the ridiculous chat in Red - turned out to be a good choice!)  But you are right about the faction balance - I'm pretty sure bots are screwing it up...my GF and I discussed that we should level any and all alts to level 5 so we can put them all on Blue before they put the ban hammer on all the bots and Blue is forever full.  Then again , Blue has that army of summoner bots killing the Terrors 24/7 so idk, maybe just as many bots on Blue.

OMG....was that hgvhgjhnj in that screan shot? I haven't seen that guy in forever. Not sense that last time I blocked reported a few days ago...I wonder how he's doing.

Good old hgvhgjhnj I tell you the stories I got about him myself and xvbavwag....and don't even get me started on yhuibgthsfr....man that guy could be a real *&^#@$% sometimes, with a capital &@. I heard he got married to FU2bgtmpp and they have a few kids, little jghhjgjb and Bob.  Anyway what a small gold add world we live in.

This is your brain on Gold Adds. Don't be a Gold Add--DICKed.

Hope you enjoyed it. I'm practicing my drunken master skills right now, haven't hit a thing yet.

Archived