Jump to content

Calling All Destroyers


TotalHavoc

Recommended Posts

Hey Destroyers!

 

Blade Master here.  I've been doing well in the arena so far, beating Assassins, beating KFM, beating summoners, beating FMs.  Some fights are close, some fights I win handily.  A good mix that seems skill based and appropriate.  There CC's back and forth with cooldowns in between.

 

And then come the Destroyers.  When I face Destroyers I don't even get to move.  I don't get to touch them, there is no back and forth.  It is CC pound pound pound, hold me up in the air pound pound pound.  CC pound pound pound.  Doesn't matter my blocking, CC breaks, anything.  I am completely CC'd and not able to control my character 100% - 0%.  There is no cooldown where they cannot have me permanently CC'd.  It is the worlds most one sided fist fight and makes the game feel like complete bs.

 

So my question to you Destroyers: do you ever lose to Blade Masters in 1v1 arena?  If so, how?  Why?  Obviously if my experience was the norm I assume I'd be seeing a lot more complaining about on the forum so I must just be unlucky or doing something wrong.  

 

Thanks for your insight,

 

Havoc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've only just started PvPing in arena and I've never had to go to the third round for every match I won, but blade masters have definitely been the easiest for me to beat. The only class that has given me problems is blade dancer, and the only duel I've lost in so far has been to a blade dancer by a small margin. I was told by my league to go destroyer when I first joined the game because they were supposed to be one of the best classes, so maybe it's just an imbalance. I definitely think that blade dancer is more broken than destroyer though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PvPMS said:

I've only just started PvPing in arena and I've never had to go to the third round for every match I won, but blade dancers have definitely been the easiest for me to beat. The only class that has given me problems is blade dancer, and the only duel I've lost in so far has been to a blade dancer by a small margin. I was told by my league to go destroyer when I first joined the game because they were supposed to be one of the best classes, so maybe it's just an imbalance. I definitely think that blade dancer is more broken than destroyer though

 

 

You said Blade Dancer every time here.  I'm thinking you meant Blade Master in at least one of these instances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TotalHavoc said:

 

 

You said Blade Dancer every time here.  I'm thinking you meant Blade Master in at least one of these instances.

my bad, I meant blade master was easiest to fight. Blade dancer is the op one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

- Wrong information removed -

 

BD is a strong character, but if the BD doesn't know what he is supposed to do against destroyer there is no way he could win, just like the other classes against destroyer (appart from faceroll summoner which dont really need to change strategies for opponents)

I don't think you can beat a good destroyer.

Destroyer has everything a PvP class could hope for:

- Very good and very much CC

- Immune to CC (spin) (which costs 1 focus compared to bd similar spin which costs 2 focus)

- Insane burst damage due to animation canceling (bug using?)

- Strong heal with shield

- General high dmg output which can't be stopped (red spin)

- Grab

 

A destroyer can kill you in one stun. When he realizes you don't use your trinket or don't have it (tab escape from stun) he can easily one combo you from 100 to 0 while being stunned permanently.

It's not fun to play against a destroyer. To win you have to be able to deal damage while being totally immune to any cc he throws at you. This requires you to keep good distance between him and you, which as you might guess is (since you need to achieve both at the same time) not possible as a melee class. Thats why FM and Summoner might have a better chance then any melee class.

 

As BM you can blind side (Q or E) destroyers jump (gap closer with stun), but you need a good ping for that. If you dodged it: good, you cant be one comboed. 

Can you win now? No. You have to deal more dmg then he deals to you while focusing on not hitting him in the wrong moment, otherwise you will get blocked by his spin. (0.5 sec after cast)

 

I don't meet destroyers that often so I can't test the theorys I was told by other people. I was told you can knock them down when they are doing the red spin. You can break theyr blue spin with any CC thats also pierces defense. They might (accidentaly or intentionaly) use their trinket to escape (which also is a blue spin) so you can plan your next attack before his trinket is up again.

 

Well I feel like that's lot of wasted effort.

Accept it: You can't win against a good destroyer with bm.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TotalHavoc said:

Hey Destroyers!

 

Blade Master here.  I've been doing well in the arena so far, beating Assassins, beating KFM, beating summoners, beating FMs.  Some fights are close, some fights I win handily.  A good mix that seems skill based and appropriate.  There CC's back and forth with cooldowns in between.

 

And then come the Destroyers.  When I face Destroyers I don't even get to move.  I don't get to touch them, there is no back and forth.  It is CC pound pound pound, hold me up in the air pound pound pound.  CC pound pound pound.  Doesn't matter my blocking, CC breaks, anything.  I am completely CC'd and not able to control my character 100% - 0%.  There is no cooldown where they cannot have me permanently CC'd.  It is the worlds most one sided fist fight and makes the game feel like complete bs.

 

So my question to you Destroyers: do you ever lose to Blade Masters in 1v1 arena?  If so, how?  Why?  Obviously if my experience was the norm I assume I'd be seeing a lot more complaining about on the forum so I must just be unlucky or doing something wrong.  

 

Thanks for your insight,

 

Havoc

 

45 BM here. Destroyers are one of my more consistent wins.

 

Heres some tips that might help.

 

If they're not doing their red spin your 3 or X (if specced for it should be a knockdown) will knock them down if used anytime after .5 seconds into their spin.

 

When they start their Q/Red spin just SS and run away. If you have 1 skill point into "S" it will give you a 30% speed boost to run away

 

For the opener if they charge at you Q it right into a (3) five point slash aerial combo

 

If they use their shield X and C should be specced to pierce defense for an easy stun+ aerial combo.

 

Honestly you can't face tank them I personally kite out their spins and then go to town with my CC chain. Rinse and repeat.

 

Block their weapon throw that pulls you in, they will use this when you start to run off.

 

And as always  dont just sit in place blocking its a noob move that will get you ran over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Meoww said:

Destroyer is the strongest class ingame PvP wise confirmed, it's also the strongest class in KR (with Level 50 too).

I was told BM is the weakest class until Level 50 patch.

 

Accept it: You can't win against a good destroyer with bm.

 

 

 Ignore this guy folks he's just spreading false information. 

 

 This is the current KR PvP rankings  of the top 20, top 100, and top 500. Source: http://bns.plaync.com/bs/leaderboard/duel

 

Top 20 Total - Descending
Assassin 6
Warlock 4
Blade Dancer 3
Forcemaster 2
Kung Fu Master 2
Blade Master 2
Summoner 1
Destroyer 0
Top 100 Total - Descending
Kung Fu Master 19
Assassin 16
Blade Master 14
Blade Dancer 12
Warlock 12
Destroyer 11
Summoner 9
Forcemaster 7
Top 500 Total - Descending Percentage of total
Kung Fu Master 97 19.4%
Assassin 83 16.6%
Destroyer 73 14.6%
Warlock 63 12.6%
Blade Master 55 11%
Blade Dancer 54 10.8%
Summoner 48 9.6%
Forcemaster 27 5.4%
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Foehammer said:

 

 Ignore this guy folks he's just spreading false information. 

 

 This is the current KR PvP rankings  of the top 20, top 100, and top 500. Source: http://bns.plaync.com/bs/leaderboard/duel

 

Top 20 Total - Descending
Assassin 6
Warlock 4
Blade Dancer 3
Forcemaster 2
Kung Fu Master 2
Blade Master 2
Summoner 1
Destroyer 0
Top 100 Total - Descending
Kung Fu Master 19
Assassin 16
Blade Master 14
Blade Dancer 12
Warlock 12
Destroyer 11
Summoner 9
Forcemaster 7
Top 500 Total - Descending Percentage of total
Kung Fu Master 97 19.4%
Assassin 83 16.6%
Destroyer 73 14.6%
Warlock 63 12.6%
Blade Master 55 11%
Blade Dancer 54 10.8%
Summoner 48 9.6%
Forcemaster 27 5.4%

Thank you for proving me wrong. Was just repeating what I was told.

I would recommend studying their skills by looking at a skilltree simulator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Meoww said:

Thank you for proving me wrong. Was just repeating what I was told.

I would recommend studying their skills by looking at a skilltree simulator.

 

 

 That's exactly why verifying things is important instead of just repeating things you were told. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those rankings could be more of a psychological thing than class imbalance thing. You can't deny that people complain the most about classes like kung fu master being worse than others in PvP, so maybe the more inherently skilled players feel compelled to play less popular classes just to make themselves look better when people see that they still manage to achieve a high ranking. The overall champion the season 2 tournament for Korea  was a blade dancer, and everyone in the video comments and forums I read agreed that the assassin was clearly more skilled and the blade dancer won because of the class imbalance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...