Please Nerf Summoners

Unkept

Please take cc off of pets or have it that summoners lose 90%+ of current hp when they resurrect their pets.

If your kill the pet they resummon it, which is easy, since once they get into stealth they move faster and can create distance. If you attack the summoner, your back is open and you hit the floor every two seconds from the pet. Then there is the endless focus they can absorb/heal with to continuously use strong attacks compared to regular folks who actually have to hit the target each time to get focus.

I play assasin and I've found its weakness to be control, it only has one skill that breaks control and its on a 36 second cooldown. Our strength is attacking from stealth and countering with high burst. This makes it possible to fight classes other then summoners and though we don't always win, we stand a chance. Destroyers are a problem when they grab you but that just makes it challenging.

Its not fun, and that my problem with it. Constantly having to drag myself though matches I don't want to participate in that end with predictable results makes me stay out of PvP and I don't want to. Please fix it so I can enjoy the entire PvPing experience.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor sin cant perma stealth and wear out the summoner like they do on everything else? Try changing up your method of attack. No class in this game is unbeatable. Its all about player skill. And to make a point it takes forever to re-summon a pet and getting hit interrupts it. If you are killing the cat and they get a chance to re-summon you are not paying enough attention. It never fails that someone cant figure out how to beat a class so they scream for the nerf bat. You might want to consider the fact that we dont even have the level 50 patch yet or hongmoon levels. Why would they alter class skills now when they already have skill updates laid out? 

34 minutes ago, Unkept said:

Please take cc off of pets or have it that summoners lose 90%+ of current hp when they resurrect their pets.

If your kill the pet they resummon it, which is easy, since once they get into stealth they move faster and can create distance. If you attack the summoner, your back is open and you hit the floor every two seconds from the pet. Then there is the endless focus they can absorb/heal with to continuously use strong attacks compared to regular folks who actually have to hit the target each time to get focus.

I play assasin and I've found its weakness to be control, it only has one skill that breaks control and its on a 36 second cooldown. Our strength is attacking from stealth and countering with high burst. This makes it possible to fight classes other then summoners and though we don't always win, we stand a chance. Destroyers are a problem when they grab you but that just makes it challenging.

Its not fun, and that my problem with it. Constantly having to drag myself though matches I don't want to participate in that end with predictable results makes me stay out of PvP and I don't want to. Please fix it so I can enjoy the entire PvPing experience.

200.gif

Anyone else notice that the majority of the "Nerf Summoner" threads the poster mains an Assassin ? 

Sins seem to not be able to manage a DOT in the form of a pet. 

As for the CC abilities, all classes have them in some form, how does a summoners form of CC make them so OPed ? You mean to tell me that no other class has a root,stun, or disable ? I think you have a very narrow focus on a class that can be countered if you took a few minutes and figured it out.

Until then i will keep killing Sins over and over and over until they, like the rest of the classes figure it out.

Nerfing a class cause you suck in PvP against them is the epitome of HUBRIS.

I am a summoner.

Take cc of my cat? Sure - just move it to me instead!

In fact that would only be more benefical, since my cat has lower hp and dies faster - give me the cc skills.

As for PvP, my worst matchup is sins and destroyers. And I think all Summoners agree that these 2 classes are the hardest to deal with as summoners. However, regardless of class, its the player controlling it that makes the outcome - not the class.

Well if someone has an idea for dealing with summoners as an assassin, do tell.

How do you close the distance on summoners once they stealth and stop the resummoning? Killing a summoner without their pet is easy.

How do you attack a summoner while its pet attacks your back? The summoner and the cat both have crowd control skills on short cooldowns and your counter wont work when cc'd from behind.

2 minutes ago, Unkept said:

Well if someone has an idea for dealing with summoners as an assassin, do tell.

How do you close the distance on summoners once they stealth and stop the resummoning? Killing a summoner without their pet is easy.

How do you attack a summoner while its pet attacks your back? The summoner and the cat both have crowd control skills on short cooldowns and your counter wont work when cc'd from behind.

How do you deal with a DOT ?

How do you deal with a CC from a Force Master ?

How do you deal with stealth from another Sin ?

Figure that out and you have yer own solutions. 

The summoner and the cat are one in the same the cooldowns are not exclusive. The cat is only an extension of the Summoners abilites. Stop trying to pretend the cat is a separate player, it is not. 

Okei Listen and read this carefully. This is my Favorite tips vs summoners as a assassin. the Cat is the annoying to everyone not just only for assassin but summoners have 1 skill that will absolutely make them more advantage vs assassin. Its the ''Flower'' when they put it in ur head and will always reveal you when u go in stealth. That ''Flower'' last 5s - 10s and have 18s CD, but 1 thing that flower have a weakness and im sure not so many assassin (and maybe ether summoners) on silver or gold rating know about it, if they drop targeting you when a flower is in ur head that flower will disappear. Every time you see that a summoners put the flower in ur head just use ur ss + rnb, or lotus escape and run away that flower will go away as long that they drop targeting u

As a assassin when you fight with summoners you will fight to survive not to kill so dont ever use your burst in that match. put 3 points into smoke screen to give you heal when you need it (it also negated projective) and at least 2 points into your ''C'' to make you immune damage to bad situation when you cant run away.

So remember vs summoner as a assassin you will always try to survive and deal little dps time by time if u see the flower is in ur head?? ''Run away''.  IF you are in bad situation? ''Run away'', they rarely can catch you cuz they dont have so many charge skill. If the cat chase you? use decoy and attack the cat dont let them know which one you are focusing cuz you are not focusing ether the cat or the summoner. the whole fight point is trying to survive and deal some little dps to both of them. Always save your TaB escape for the cat when they grabbing you dont use ur Tab in any situation except that.

Take your time to look at this guide from my favorite assassin player (diamond(plat rating). Your eyes will open so much better after you have seen his guide

Easy, you predict the attacks and counter them...

You can tell when an opponent has the advantage for an attack and time your defenses accordingly. Stealth isn't omnipotent, sin's know the weaknesses of it better then most.

@Unkept

I find it kind of funny that assasins complain about stealth move.

Anyways, you can carefully look for the direction they were moving when stealthing and track the blur. That makes it impossible for the summoner to ress the cat.

Alot of the cc-skills are ground bound and all aim-based.
Making your opponent miss, is part of pvp. That means running around your opponent and jumping.

If you want a pvp guide, why don´t you ask nicely instead of complaining?

1 minute ago, Unkept said:

Easy, you predict the attacks and counter them...

You can tell when an opponent has the advantage for an attack and time your defenses accordingly. Stealth isn't omnipotent, sin's know the weaknesses of it better then most.

Guess you solved yer problems then ?

1 minute ago, Unkept said:

solved what? this isn't a topic about the other classes... its about summoners and counting doesn't work like that for them.

In the end it is about how you deal with the other classes that will assist you in how to deal with summoners. 

Asking for a nerf is the absolute last thing anyone should ask for, learning how to play against one should be the first thing. 

You need to go back to what i said about the other classes and how you would deal with them, and then put that knowledge into how you will deal with a summoner in a 1v1.

Until you do that, there is not much else anyone can do for you.

No the lotus cant clear the flower that they put it in ur head put if ur lotus is far away from where u are u will teleport back to the lotus and the flower will dissappear.

About the plant hold u can always use ur ''C'' if u are in that soo bad situation it will give u very much long dps immunity

I am an assassin and I have plenty of trouble against summoners, They hit me pretty hard but I never thought about nerfing them because of it.

The game has only recently come out and my PvP skills are still very low. Not to mention the hardest part of fighting a summoner for me is managing the fact there are two attackers. so it distracts me from memorizing the behavior of summoners. I am confidant with practice as I become better I will be more relaxed and handle summoners easier. If they need nerfed it will be because of Korean top end play, I accept balancing around the people that can take classes to their limits. I am too inexperienced to really be a good judge on the strength of classes.

I'm a sin and killed a fair share of summoners (died to them too), but I usually kill/disable the pet first then go for the summoner. Every class has a weakness, you just need to exploit it. 

After all you learn from your mistakes. You'll get better with practice and skill management. 

Archived