Class for High Ping Players

Hideakii

Hello there! 

I am very new to BnS and I am just loving it. I started playing a KFM but due to my 400~600ms ping I was unable to perform my basic moves and I started a Summoner. 

I kinda miss the combo thing since I think it is what makes BnS different from other MMOs and Id like to know what class do you recommend for a high ping player like me. 

I am not a complete idiot but I am not a pro aswel so I guess KFM and Sins are a bit too much for me. 

Thanks in advance! 

Man I doubt even Summoner will turn out well on 400-600ms in PVP. I played TW server for a few weeks on 200ms and the gameplay was greatly diminished from the 40-60 I was accustomed to. I can only imagine what a half second delay would do to you in PVP. 

2 hours ago, MangoHam said:

FM and Summoner, Blade dancers are pretty much the only classes that are high ping friendly. Once the warlock and chimaster releases there will be a few more. Chi master is a KFM + FM in one.

I guess I chose the right class then... Since Summoner is a spellcaster like FM and a Lyn class only like BD, I think I will stick with it! 

1 hour ago, Kutsuu said:

Man I doubt even Summoner will turn out well on 400-600ms in PVP. I played TW server for a few weeks on 200ms and the gameplay was greatly diminished from the 40-60 I was accustomed to. I can only imagine what a half second delay would do to you in PVP. 

I am kinda used playing with high latency. I played WoW for years and could compete at 1800-1900 rating. Its not great but it isnt half bad.

7 hours ago, Hideakii said:

I guess I chose the right class then... Since Summoner is a spellcaster like FM and a Lyn class only like BD, I think I will stick with it! 

I am kinda used playing with high latency. I played WoW for years and could compete at 1800-1900 rating. Its not great but it isnt half bad.

WoW has an ability queue and GCD that help tremendously with high ping (as long as you queue your attacks, you do not attack slower than a player with low latency). In this game, you'll not only be reacting slower but also attacking slower. I'm not trying to discourage you, merely pointing out that WoW is much more friendly to latency than B&S. 

Archived