Lyn Blade Dancer vs Summoner need tips!!

Delever

Hello people!
As you can tell from the title my main class is the Lynn blade dancer. Now, lemme give you some background on me.
I m sitting at lvl 42 right now just a bit before hitting 43 and have managed to climb to 1821 rating in the arena sitting at a 25 difference between my victories and defeats (with victories being ahead of course).
Ok so with all that being said, through experience and talking with friends, I 've pretty much found a way to play vs every class but the summoner at higher ELOs.
As soon as I stepped into the 1700s my games have been getting a ton more intense as people know what they are doing and I am enjoying pvp quite a lot and having a blast.
Destroyers and assassins have to be my hardest matchups followed by good KFMs and rarely some good FMs.
But my hardest match up so far has been the summoner.
Mind you I am not complaining about the class as I have defended the balance of the game's pvp several times on these forums. I just think the way I m playing vs the summoner is not working at higher ELOs.
Normally before hitting the 1700+ bracket I d try to go for the cat and burst it with an aerial and lightning draw ani cancel combo. This seems to not be working so great anymore since the cat seems to survive with a little bit of hp and going into defensive stance in which occasion the summoner just proceeds to pound my face XD.
Unfortunately none of my friends play a summoner so I can't practice with them either. I ve also tried popping z and heading in with an X aerial followed by a crash to stun em both and go for a V pull into a lightning draw to deal some heavy dmg but usually this won't work either because if one of all this gets evaded he just proceeds to wreck me :P
So I ask you fellow arena pvpers and blade dancers, what is a good way to play against a summoner? I ve heard summoners say lbds can counter them better than other classes but I haven't gotten around to figuring out just how yet. I imagine those 3 extra talent points will also help me so getting to max lvl should be a priority. Try to include everything you know including ability specs in your explanation! I thank you all in advance ^_^

NOTE: If your post is going to be about how I can't counter summoner because summoner is OP do not bother posting I want to deal and discuss with more serious people that have gotten to the higher brackets. If your post is also about how blade dancer is OP then don't bother replying either but rather spend that time in learning how to play.

This is all on paper but if it's a general counter you need to work on then I say utilize LBMs insane amount of resist to close gaps and slam the summoner with burst, then when they retreat, if you've already used your stun rush then use dual strike pull to get them back in and use 5 point strike with knock up form to burst them down and punish their escape. If you've been a mind reader so far and have used your spins and escapes without waste your should still have a few more escapes than the summoner. So id say disengage for cooldown and grab the cat for chi recovery before returning to burst the summoner again.

Once again it's all on paper, I'm not sure if spin resists the litte roots and all of the summoners tricks. And seeing as you're doing pretty good and handling the intensity well, keep in mind the summoners learning curve. Quite a few of them up until the high high ranks have simple strategies and mind sets counting on being able to keep you in one place and being a distance away from you. 

Sorry if not all of it works in practice, I hope little bits and pieces help out if anything 

10 minutes ago, Evers said:

This is all on paper but if it's a general counter you need to work on then I say utilize LBMs insane amount of resist to close gaps and slam the summoner with burst, then when they retreat, if you've already used your stun rush then use dual strike pull to get them back in and use 5 point strike with knock up form to burst them down and punish their escape. If you've been a mind reader so far and have used your spins and escapes without waste your should still have a few more escapes than the summoner. So id say disengage for cooldown and grab the cat for chi recovery before returning to burst the summoner again.

Once again it's all on paper, I'm not sure if spin resists the litte roots and all of the summoners tricks. And seeing as you're doing pretty good and handling the intensity well, keep in mind the summoners learning curve. Quite a few of them up until the high high ranks have simple strategies and mind sets counting on being able to keep you in one place and being a distance away from you. 

Sorry if not all of it works in practice, I hope little bits and pieces help out if anything 

Hmm I ll try that out even though most of the time they end up outdmging my burst :(
I can get out of the roots with my spin but the dmg is still pretty brutal.
I m looking forward to more suggestions so keep em coming guys :)

21 minutes ago, EgoVasilisk said:

Best tip against that cute cat

Hurl skill_attack_shadow.png

tooltip-icon

Deals 11 ~ 13 [0.90] shadow damageskill_attack_shadow.png

Knockback enemies 15m and knocks them Unconscious for 30 sec

Hurl would not work on a smart summoner. The summoner would run next to the cat and wait for you to use an AOE attack or mistarget on the cat to wake the cat up. Also, when you go for the summoner and not the cat, the cat would knock you over and scratch your face while the summoner pound you with sunflower.  You pretty much screwed. 

On 2/2/2016 at 0:54 PM, EgoVasilisk said:

Best tip against that cute cat

Hurl skill_attack_shadow.png

tooltip-icon

Deals 11 ~ 13 [0.90] shadow damageskill_attack_shadow.png

Knockback enemies 15m and knocks them Unconscious for 30 sec

Hurl would not work on a smart summoner. The summoner would run next to the cat and wait for you to use an AOE attack or mistarget on the cat to wake the cat up. Also, when you go for the summoner and not the cat, the cat would knock you over and scratch your face while the summoner pound you with sunflower.  You pretty much screwed. 

dcrV7iF.jpg

IT WORKS i preffer waste the Z to knock up the cat , and then spam the cancel ani on the summ, (i was silver..... now im Silver (coz fking destroyers))

just be very careful with the AOEs

2 hours ago, EgoVasilisk said:

dcrV7iF.jpg

IT WORKS i preffer waste the Z to knock up the cat , and then spam the cancel ani on the summ, (i was silver..... now im Silver (coz fking destroyers))

just be very careful with the AOEs

Anything works against Silver :D You can literally stand afk till 50% life and still win.

Archived