Ncsoft cant support eu bns due to outdated hardware?

azraelkun

Hello everyone

Since game went live we all have witnessed servers crushing over n over insane maintenance in the middle of day for 4 5 hours weekends that we cant play cause u know what rip peperoni servers again down ,bots , gold spammers, ingame hacks,no Gm in game,no staff,ppl reporting support  not efficient.

I was wondering ....do we even play hmmm

Can they support a decend game experience with their equipment cause this game is out for the last 3 years or so but eu is the only one with problems. 

Servers keep filling without being able to handle this load.

I just want to play the game have fun with my guild(clarity) awesome ppl btw!

I dont wanna watching twitter as to when server will be working.

Stop the *our team working on the issue*

We want solutions we want to play game .we want GMs in game we need ncsoft care n respect their customers 

Ty

One thing i agree is that only EU seems to have problems. The whole "NCSoft hates EU" conspiracy aside (even tho they kinda bullied us with server names lol), i guess the only thing that this tells us is that there are hardware or location based problems with the EU servers.

All the other things are in NA version too. Bots, Goldsellers etc. But EU and NA arent the only ones with this problem, it's even worse in other regions afaik. Didnt see hackers tho. The goldsellers will/would stop if nobody bought their stuff tho, so dont buy it^^

And about the goldsellers.... it's gotten waaaay better. You have to block like 3-5 people a day, not 3-5 people every 2 minutes like a week ago or so..

Well this situation is bad server has more hours down than working.

We loose already 1 day every week from weekly maint we loose ..weekends servers crushing unplannef maint ...like are u for real now.

In 1 hour i finish work n seriously i pray server no be down lol..is this for real to make us pray so server not be down .

Can u feel me?

You people will do over exaggerate like there is no tomorrow.

"Oh noes the servers are down, I have no life to live!". Seriously, the servers are down due to the main team working on Blade & Soul is in the United States. You know the other side of the ocean, where the timezone is different. So the maintenance is during a time frame, where most of you should be doing your homework or at least trying to remove the smell of B.O, that you've built up over the past week.

Get over it.... you people and your 1st world problems.

You said the hardware is outdated? Do you have any information to back up this claim? Have you personally walked into the data centre in Frankfurt and personally inspected each server blade?

All of you need to grow the *cricket* up and understand that with Internet based games, shit happens. Servers will go down, there will be latency, some features will stop working.... but look I bet 99% of you are still logged in right now, playing the game.

If you really want something to complain about, may be go look in the mirror.

/rant over!

The problem is in the EU you have certain countries that have the less favorable folk with malicious and profitable interests only. 

In the US you have the script kids and the wannabe anonymous but generally they don't care to make money from a game in general. 

The UK doesn't really have a problem either but the other countries that are less wealthy really do cause a lot of the issues themselves, using bots to make money by selling gold to the wealthier countries and using the exchange rate to reap high profit. Their english is bad when you see them spamming and they also have terrible english on their websites. I've reported and taken a look at some of the goldsellers websites and they buy out cheap domain names and have 20-40 websites all sharing the same template with different names. They fix their prices so that a potential buyer would think a certain website is cheapest, even though they are all run by the same group. 

This wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact that they bog down the servers and ruin the quality for the honest players. 

Free to play bogged the servers down so much. Without a small premium price, the servers just gets littered with people that have nothing to lose other than a bit of their time which since they are in it for profit, and it's mostly their main source of income, have a lot of.

Even though I welcome free gaming, I don't welcome the anonymity the internet provides to those that abuse this gift. 

Bring in some form of ID or credit card check. Make people pay £1 upon activating an account using only a credit card, not paypal. Something that needs a REAL address and name that can be checked. 

It wouldn't solve it by no means, but it would give NCSoft a way to black list credit cards and names to stop repeat offenders.

Aren't the servers in EU being controlled remotely? That could be an issue as the GMs/Maint team aren't actually there to see what's going on.

It's either that or them selling the rights to Gameforge, which I hear EU people don't want. Soo..... yeah =/

Agreed about credit card verification. Make some kind of hash out of card numbers, remember it compare for banned hashes.

There may be however small problem that ncsoft never gets visa numbers. It may be completely processed on bank side.

Also allow us block and friend based on account ID, not created toon. All spammers would need to create new account not just new toon.

Much less blocking for us.

Last thing, if somebody gets blocked (and reported as spambot) by lets say 50people in 5min, just globally block that >ACCOUNT< for spamming, then investigate. And eventually ban. Yes this can be abused and some clans can mute others just for revenge, but as long as it is just autoblock its not big problem, victim can always create ticket for support. If you (NCSOFT) also state that this blocking should be not abused and abusers will also get 24hour mute or something like that, I see no problem with this.

Oh and until you NCSOF sort this spammers problem not a penny from me.

2 hours ago, azraelkun said:

I was wondering ....do we even play hmmm

Can they support a decend game experience with their equipment cause this game is out for the last 3 years or so but eu is the only one with problems. 

Servers keep filling without being able to handle this load.

Seriously?!? The ass-u-me-ptions.

I do not recall ever reading any spec on their hardware platform, care to share it with everyone on the forum??

11 minutes ago, Faedden said:

Aren't the servers in EU being controlled remotely? That could be an issue as the GMs/Maint team aren't actually there to see what's going on.

It's either that or them selling the rights to Gameforge, which I hear EU people don't want. Soo..... yeah =/

If you take a good look at Tera EU which is run by Gameforge... yeah. They'd be better off just shutting down EU directly.

Some would say they have a great time in EU, well yeah, if you like that sort of environment.

Keep in mind people play TERA NA on 150+ ping instead of Tera EU ~30 ping, that should say it all.

49 minutes ago, Doowie said:

You people will do over exaggerate like there is no tomorrow.

"Oh noes the servers are down, I have no life to live!". Seriously, the servers are down due to the main team working on Blade & Soul is in the United States. You know the other side of the ocean, where the timezone is different. So the maintenance is during a time frame, where most of you should be doing your homework or at least trying to remove the smell of B.O, that you've built up over the past week.

Get over it.... you people and your 1st world problems.

You said the hardware is outdated? Do you have any information to back up this claim? Have you personally walked into the data centre in Frankfurt and personally inspected each server blade?

All of you need to grow the *cricket* up and understand that with Internet based games, shit happens. Servers will go down, there will be latency, some features will stop working.... but look I bet 99% of you are still logged in right now, playing the game.

If you really want something to complain about, may be go look in the mirror.

/rant over!

So u telling me the fact that servers are frequently down ..emergency maint etc isnt due to potato servers AKA hardware .

Wp

I never said hardware wasn't the issue. I'm saying that you believe the hardware is outdated, but I'm going to run a guess and say you've never done kind of of computer engineering or server administration before in your life... apart from what you probably state in tickets to support saying you're a computer technician. 

Hardware as amazing as it can, does have it faults, does this mean that the newest hardware of the market is going to be perfect and never have an issue? The answer there boys and girls is ... no.

The problem can always be caused by the connection that is being used to allow us to connect to the servers. We don't know who the provider is and it's one of many possible reasons. 

However; you still need to understand the grand scheme of things and that is Internet Games Are Never Problem Free!

6 minutes ago, Doowie said:

I never hardware wasn't the issue. I'm saying that you believe the hardware is outdated, but I'm going to run a guess and say you've never done kind of of computer engineering or server administration before in your life.

Hardware as amazing as it can, does have it faults, does this mean that the newest hardware of the market is going to be perfect and never have an issue? The answer there boys and girls is ... no.

The problem can always be caused by the connection that is being used to allow us to connect to the servers. We don't know who the provider is and it's one of many possible reasons. 

However; you still need to understand the grand scheme of things and that is Internet Games Are Never Problem Free!

Mate the fact is that servers are down frequently not allow me to play the game i like n payed.whatever the problem might be , be server or network.

Can u deny the fact that no GM os in game or that till now staff show us they dont care?

I'm not defending NCSoft and they could do a hell of a lot better. However; NCSoft do not have the resources to have ingame Game Masters. NCSoft have always relied on 3rd party companies to provide their support, which has been very limited in what they can say and do.

It's why people are provided with templated answers to very basic questions.

But to be perfectly honest, reading these forums I wouldn't care about most of you either. Most of you are self righteous, entitled kids, that need a good slap.

Even WoW back in it's release had major issues for the first few weeks/months and any good that has a smooth launch is a diamond in the rough. So as with any veteran gamer out there, I would say, just deal with it and expect these kind of things to happen from time to time. 

If the servers go down, big whoop. Use that downtime to do something in your personal life.

As I'm a summoner this gif fits for this situation:

giphy.gif

Archived