KFM and AS trouble

Ichiyama

hi im a BM 39 but in arena i cant beat those of two classes, KFM i parry him but he can hit me no matter if i use block, and assassin, well if i touch him stuned, if i go behind him stuned, if i counter him i get stuned again, and if i know down him then flashed by flash bomb.

so what i can do as BM to challenge these classes? :( 

Just now, Idolismo said:

Yeah hence the 4 star difficulty rating, lol.

On topic though - a skilled KFM can be very tough to beat, same goes for assassins.

I'm going to make the assumption you play a sin. Their rating is completely wrong, most people (other than sin mains) will argue that; even Jaesung (a pro) thinks they're easy that should give you some indication of how easy they actually are.

2 minutes ago, Bonse said:

I'm going to make the assumption you play a sin. Their rating is completely wrong, most people (other than sin mains) will argue that; even Jaesung (a pro) thinks they're easy that should give you some indication of how easy they actually are.

I tried sin, but I'm not maining one. Also a pro would consider every class "easy" or so I'd think, he knows what he's doing.

Sins combos are not an easy thing to set up or pull off. I don't want to argue, just saying that if the devs didn't change the rating in the 4 (5?) years there might be something to it. 

Just now, Idolismo said:

I tried sin, but I'm not maining one. Also a pro would consider every class "easy" or so I'd think, he knows what he's doing.

Sins combos are not an easy thing to set up or pull off. I don't want to argue, just saying that if the devs didn't change the rating in the 4 (5?) years there might be something to it. 

No because Jaesung is great with his audiance, he'll say what classes are actually difficult and which arnt, e.g. he rates fms pretty hard to master along with kfm etc he doesnt tell his audiance as though it's him because, like you say, he'll be amazing on any class.

2 minutes ago, Bonse said:

No because Jaesung is great with his audiance, he'll say what classes are actually difficult and which arnt, e.g. he rates fms pretty hard to master along with kfm etc he doesnt tell his audiance as though it's him because, like you say, he'll be amazing on any class.

Well ok then it just seems weird to me that, if that's actually the case, the rating hasn't changed since the release.

You are seem to think that ur block is ur strengths but no its not its ur really big weakness vs KFM and Sin if u dont know how to use it right. Sin have flashboom which is escape skill and 36s CD u have to think in ur mind that if sin doesnt have anymore escape skill its time to u to go all in with full combo. idk what about u but for me when assassin go in stealth they are not invisible for me at all. And the flashboom u can dodge it using ur ss if u time it right

4 hours ago, Idolismo said:

That logic is flawed.  Just because the devs haven't changed something doesn't mean it's right.  By that logic, the devs recommended PvP build should be the best build for PvP since they've been doing this for 4 (5) years lol

Yeah hence the 4 star difficulty rating, lol.

Star system is as bullshit as its in Tera. Stars are calculated mainly based on combo skills available to classes and they are more pve side

@OP

You should have stated your current rating becuase it tell suprisngly much about ur playstyle.

You don't use block at close quarters vs these two classes for more than fraction of sec if even that.

It's not like they are going to do any dmg outside the cc anyway and they are close to just to wait till you use the block.

In sin stealth scenario for example block prevents sin from throwing that teleport dagger and force them to come next to you. You should see when they come closer so that you know when to stop blocking. If they are decoying in mid range start blocking and prepare to do 180 degree turn because they will most likely teleport behind you for daze.

Yea and spec LB into aoe and use V knockback version. These are both used to break the stealth.

Vs KFM just Q/E around him and apply X when possible in closer quarters when your main stuff is on cd . It's just to buy time

And as topmost rule vs these two classes use block mostly only if opponent is far away as it forces them to advance closer.

--Edit---

Almost forgot that you have offensive defensive version of block too if u spec for it

On 2/2/2016 at 7:11 PM, Bonrdaddy said:

That logic is flawed.  Just because the devs haven't changed something doesn't mean it's right.  By that logic, the devs recommended PvP build should be the best build for PvP since they've been doing this for 4 (5) years lol

As I said, there might be something to it, I'm not saying it is correct. Also comparing apples and oranges, the auto PvX spec thing is just a guideline for newer players. If someone is interested in PvP (or PvE) at all one will do the research and optimize the build.

skilled is only ping not player xD, just have fun playing not complain what class is trouble or great cause there is none like that, all about fun nothing else, only really noob player care about win in pvp not about fun, i know that im skilled ppl my self and friends too, and no one can tell who is skilled or not cause cant see someone gameplay cause not sit around hes monitor simple, so remember guys only about fun cause if u win in pvp u are loser if u care and if u lose in pvp and u dont care u are winner, i do for fun only pvp always win/lose/win/lose like all will lose from time to time fighting with better ping ppl, when i win pvp with 90%+ of my hp left i never say that someone is suck, someone just have other skill and like play with it lose or win simple and that player is same winner as me. Respect to all ppls that respect each other and no one care about selfish pseudo pros. Pro is only player who respect each other but if u dont respect someone without reason like lose or win pvp so why someone should respect u, end of topic.

On 2/2/2016 at 4:31 AM, Ichiyama said:

hi im a BM 39 but in arena i cant beat those of two classes, KFM i parry him but he can hit me no matter if i use block, and assassin, well if i touch him stuned, if i go behind him stuned, if i counter him i get stuned again, and if i know down him then flashed by flash bomb.

so what i can do as BM to challenge these classes? :( 

Don't be reliant and overuse your block its bad against any class and is easily bypassed practice using your Q&E more.

KFM is the only class I still have an issue with, they're 100% defeat for my BM.

My trick for assassin's are usually drawing them out; I don't know why but assassin tend to attempt to clear the match as soon as possible, and as long as you're not drawn to their tempo, you should be fine.

I found that having my back against the wall helps too sometimes.

Against both these classes you need to be both patient and have very quick reaction time.

KFM is a class that you HAVE to master your reversal on. They get far too much free damage in if you aren't pulling off reversal every time they have you in their grapple. You also need to time your attacks with their counter window, it's only down for a very short amount of time(0.3 seconds). You also need to be able to evade their leap/charge, you can't block them. Attacking them from behind is very effective, making blindside a good skill. Boot also is a great option to lead your attacks with.

Assassin is a class that's a lot of prediction and quick reactions. Just like with KFM you need to look for their counter. Their counter is much more punishing, but also easier to deal with(1.5s duration, 8s cooldown). Do not spec your block into anything but form 3 if you spec it at all(and don't use it at all if they're in melee range). Do not attack them on the ground with anything but Divebomb until you're sure Straw Doll is on cooldown(ground counter, .8s duration, 12s cooldown). DO NOT GET POISONED AT ANY COST. Getting poisoned opens up so many options for them. There's another debuff you want to watch out for but I can't remember its name, but it allows them to teleport behind you at any time, be ready to blindside it.

Archived