BOTS, BOTS AND BOTS !!

xZulfiqar

1 minute ago, Drklf said:

Yes, you don't seem to be able to read. Minimal human intervention DOESN'T equal to completely controlling the characters. 

And that is what YOU don't seem to grasp.  Slaving multiple characters to one keyboard requires AUTOMATION and the use of THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE to assist you in controlling the characters.  There is no 1 : 1 imput on your part to all those characters.  Thus you are using software to run and thus BOT all the characters you are 'multiboxing' save for the one you are using at the 'hub'.

So please..learn to read....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SasamiMasaki said:

And that is what YOU don't seem to grasp.  Slaving multiple characters to one keyboard requires AUTOMATION and the use of THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE to assist you in controlling the characters.  There is no 1 : 1 imput on your part to all those characters.  Thus you are using software to run and thus BOT all the characters you are 'multiboxing' save for the one you are using at the 'hub'.

So please..learn to read....

Bro do you even automation?

17285e2e41.png

I have absolutely no problem reading, but I do have trouble understanding why you keep arguing with the facts. The software simply forwards your manual commands to a client. There's absolutely no automation involved. 

Do people not understand this because they don't understand what multi boxing is? My brother multi boxes, he has two monitors keyboards mouse and computers. he runs two characters at once and controls both via their seperate computers.  Some players do something called having multiple instances of a game, this allows you to use the same hardware thus saving money but requires you to switch between instances to control the characters. That is what multi boxing is.

Botting is when you use multiple instances of a game to control different characters while you can focus on other things. this means you won't individually control each character but rather have software control them for you. Anytime you use software to do it for you it is a bot.

@Drklf

How you don't understand how the software sending the inputs without you switching between the individual instances is automating is a mystery to me.

By using the software you have reduced the human interaction to a minimum as you can simply play one instance while controlling 20

the fact is there but then u still cant accept and try ur best to tweak it.

already explain " with minimal human intervention (often used in combination) "

and yet still can add-on " DOESN'T equal to completely controlling the characters ".

So basically Granado Espada is botting game. since u can control 3 char in the same time and press spacebar

and they automatically attk enemy. *Clap clap*

25 minutes ago, MuadDib said:

25 minutes ago, MuadDib said:

3 hours ago, Ninfu said:

Yes players will use 3rd party software for multiboxing but that IS NOT BOTTING. Seriously learn the diffrence.

Multiboxing

1 player is playing multiple accounts at the same time with or without multiboxing software. So player is controlling accounts and pressing keyboard.

Botting

Player uses software to play for him/her with multiple accounts. Player wont be touching game and lets bot run everything for him. This does not require pressing keyboard.

So thats not botting what they do unless they use software that automates gameplay for them while they're away from computer

You guys are so blinded and seriously cannot see the difference, when you clearly can defined the difference in words?!? 

17 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

If computer controls everything then it becomes botting but if human is in control then its just multiboxing

And NCS considers any non-human key press cheating. So it doesn't need to be everything.

13 minutes ago, Drklf said:

Bots = Automatic software that plays your character for you
Multibox = Third party software that sends YOUR MANUAL commands to multiple windows.

Botting = Not legit
Multiboxing = Legit unless the company says it isn't.

The video on the OP is people multiboxing, not botting. Seriously, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk at all. You're just making yourself look VERY stupid.

Sorry, your multibox def is incorrect. It allows you to send to multiple windows, one window at a time. So in order for you to control 2 chars, you needs to swap focus. You are simulating having 2 computers, so it is physically 2 key presses, not 1 keypress to 2 windows.

Please, as I said in my first post. It is physically impossible for humans to multi box, and control 2 chars performing the exact same actions within 0.1 second precision, nevermind 4 chars. The video is a clear recording of bots in action as it is aided by additional software.

1 hour ago, Drklf said:

Bro do you even automation?

17285e2e41.png

I have absolutely no problem reading, but I do have trouble understanding why you keep arguing with the facts. The software simply forwards your manual commands to a client. There's absolutely no automation involved. 

But apparently you fail to see how that falls into the definition of bot I have been giving you?  I will highlight the relevant parts 'just for you'.  Do try to follow along:

Automation:  - reducing human intervention to a minimum 

BOT: a device or piece of software that can execute commands, reply to messages, or perform routine tasks, as online searches, either automatically or with minimal human intervention (often used in combination)

Funny how the facts, including the one that you oh so helpfully posted up here support me and not you.  Do try to keep up.

P.S.:  To add - trying to claim there is no automation involved in forwarding your keyboard inputs to multiple instances of the game / characters is disingenuous at best.  You are in fact using software to automate the process in which the game traditionally requires 1 instance of game / character per player with 1 to 1 key input to interact with said client.   Once you automate that process, which you are, then you are BOTTING / Cheating.  No one is gonna respect you for that.

5 hours ago, Ninfu said:

We've already seen it hundreds of times in other mmorpgs for example WoW where they allow players to use multiboxing softwares because its not botting. When do you realise it doesnt automate your gameplay human is still playing the game while software allows you to transfer commands to another client at the same time.

keep deniying dude.. i have played mmorpg since nexus kingdom of the wind(1st korean mmorpg).

it's a bot for sure, trust me..

It has been discussed a thousand times over in every mmo.  Controlling multiple characters via program, hot-keying, or automation is botting.  Even though hundreds of recent games run on a Hot Key per character system, it's clearly stated that in almost every Terms of Service that 3rd party programs used to do this across multiple game clients is prohibited.  And referencing a video game like Warcraft (that has a HUGE cheating revenue market) is allowed to do such things?  No, as it's been stated this is just a rework of prior programs and have ALWAYS been bannable.  If the game was meant to have Multi boxing capabilities there would be sub windows and/or designed in the UI to control multiple characters.  If not, it's not apart of the game and is considered a Cheat / Bot by every single big gaming company to date. 

16 minutes ago, Nokeh said:

It has been discussed a thousand times over in every mmo.  Controlling multiple characters via program, hot-keying, or automation is botting.  Even though hundreds of recent games run on a Hot Key per character system, it's clearly stated that in almost every Terms of Service that 3rd party programs used to do this across multiple game clients is prohibited.  And referencing a video game like Warcraft (that has a HUGE cheating revenue market) is allowed to do such things?  No, as it's been stated this is just a rework of prior programs and have ALWAYS been bannable.  If the game was meant to have Multi boxing capabilities there would be sub windows and/or designed in the UI to control multiple characters.  If not, it's not apart of the game and is considered a Cheat / Bot by every single big gaming company to date. 

Oh when you guys learn they completely diffrent. While yes it is third party software but its not BOT

How many times it has to be explained that Bots are programs that play without any human contact or well with minimum which means set it up, select profile and press start and go afk away from computer somewhere far place.

Multiboxing programs require human to play and press keys while it transfers commands to another client but its always human who controls game and decides what characters do. Thats the diffrence between multiboxing and botting.

Learn the damn diffrence.

I've several times said personally i dont care if you all bot or multibox go ahead and do that. Not my problem its everyones decision what they do but then if someone gets banned for it then accept it. Own fault for using it.

So far we havent received any words from NCsoft whats their actually stand in this case. Many game companies say thing between lines saying its fine as long as human is in control or something like that. Also no one has yet been banned using multiboxing softwares. Also its Ncsoft who decides which is allowed and which is not. None of you.

15 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Oh when you guys learn they completely diffrent. While yes it is third party software but its not BOT

he said BOT, not multiboxes.. LOL

15 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Also no one has yet been banned using multiboxing softwares. Also its Ncsoft who decides which is allowed and which is not. None of you.

because NC Soft can't do anything bout this=)

@Ninfu

The reason we all have issues are because Multi boxing Software does not exist. Multi boxing is either having multiple computers and using each. thus Multi Box.

Or playing and switching between multiple instances of the game.

The software you are talking about is Botting, when it takes your input and feeds it to multiple clients it is automating your actions multiple times to each and every instance of the game. It is called a bot program because all the other instances are controlled by software and react to your inputs. This is BOT software, Multi Boxing Software DOES NOT EXIST. A game is multi boxed by having multiple computers or by playing each individual instance 100% of the time directly controlled by humans.

And NC Soft has banned for this, because they call it botting. not "Multi Boxing Software"

Just now, Ninfu said:

How many times it has to be explained that Bots are programs that play without any human contact or well with minimum which means set it up, select profile and press start and go afk away from computer somewhere far place.

Multiboxing programs require human to play and press keys while it transfers commands to another client but its always human who controls game and decides what characters do. Thats the diffrence between multiboxing and botting.

Learn the damn diffrence.

I've several times said personally i dont care if you all bot or multibox go ahead and do that. Not my problem its everyones decision what they do but then if someone gets banned for it then accept it. Own fault for using it.

So far we havent received any words from NCsoft whats their actually stand in this case. Many game companies say thing between lines saying its fine as long as human is in control or something like that. Also no one has yet been banned using multiboxing softwares. Also its Ncsoft who decides which is allowed and which is not. None of you.

Yes they do get banned for using 3rd party Software for "multiboxing" as you put it.  And it's considered a Bot / Cheat program because the definition of Multi-Boxing has also been explained by gaming companies.  When the customer uses controls via 1 input method PER CLIENT it's multi-boxing (which is why a lot of games allowed multiple clients at once).  The fact that there are tons and tons of quotes from companies who literally say using 3rd party software to control many clients at once is bannable.  And is also considered a Bot / Cheat program.  As each character that is being control outside of the Client in any way via one input method is considered a bot Program.  Mirroring is exactly how traditional bots work via Automation.  Just because the product says "Multi-Boxing Program" doesn't mean its actual multi-boxing and they're able to alter the accepted definition.  You are using software to exploit gains otherwise unavailable to the average player.  You are not Physically controlling each character within the games designed perimeters. = Bot / Cheat.  It's literally a scripted program to bypass client limitations.

8 hours ago, Ninfu said:

The only difference is in your head.  You think to try to make this difference, because for some reason you want to paint the idea that multi-boxing with third party programs to mirror keyboard input to multiple characters is 'legit', not cheating nor against the TOS when all objective reasoning (and community opinion as demonstrated here) tells you the converse.

Multi-boxing that isn't 1:1 input from a player to a single character (meaning: 'Multibox' is only 'legit' if running the game / secondary characters on separate systems or alt tabbing between them on the same system and imputing key commands on each character SEPARATELY of the other) Otherwise, it IS in fact using BOTS and is bannable.

Was interesting to read how clueless ppl are.

About video it might be case that theres bots playing because their waypointing and mooving like that. But it might be just case of player just running around with multiboxing software.

Now i've read all of you comments and i clearly see theres players who has no clue whats diffrence between multiboxing and botting and thing multiboxing isnt automaticly botting. Also many of you dont even know what rule of 3rd party software means. Lets get started and clear some stuff.

Many commenters might dislike person like me but i have botted / multiboxed / used hacks for fun in many mmorpgs. So i've quite lot knowledge about these things also pls ill remind you so far regarding BnS i havent done anything that would go against Eula / ToS. Also anyone who choses to do something that might be against rules should prepare themselves for loosing their account and this is not couraging players to do anything against rules but more likely to clarify what things are and what they're not.

Bot / Botting

This solely means that theres no human intervention after player has chosen task for their bot software to do aka selecting profiles / settings / other "rules" for programm to follow up. So it means computer is playing game for you and making decisions for you.

For example simple example is like fishing from WoW. Get fishing bot and take your character location where you want perform task and press start. At this point human interaction ends and only thing you have to do is either wait period of time and end your task or make rule on bot that close bot after time or required amount of stuff been fished up.

Multiboxing

Theres tens if not hundreds of ways to do this. This also depends on what game we're talking about.  Also many game companies especially sub based companies allow these for several reason. Theres ALWAYS human in control of characters. So player is playing game but with several accounts at same time. Also why is that these players pay subs fee and are more valuable to game company than just player with 1 account. Blizzard has decided to allow this because theres always player in control.

So what does multiboxing softwares allows players to do? Control several characters at same time with one keyboard and mouse. But most important part is that theres ALWAYS player in control. Player makes every decision and makes every click but software itself transfers those click and presses to other clients. Multiboxing softwares does not automate gameplay in anyway only thing they do is make multiple windows active at same time so player is allowed to press keys in every client at the same time. This is not automate gameplay which would be botting where software plays the game for you. This is diffrence between botting and multiboxing

These two also can be mixed together which makes it most certainly bannable offense in any game but when theres player in control of characters its not botting.

Player can even set up VMwares and virtual keyboards for each account which would make each diffrent account look like they have diffrent computer. And then most expensive way to do this is to own several computers and just use one keyboard and mouse to controll all of them. But well cheaper is just making it virtually or with program

3rd party software.

While rules state NCsoft wont allow 3rd party softwares to interact with BnS this more like fine line rule. Most simplest way i can explain this is to take example.

If you guys dont know what VPNs or WTFast is they're connections that player can pay to protect their connection or improve their connection in game.

These softwares are 3rd party softwares and they interact with BnS just because they will change your own connection to theirs which player uses to connect game servers.

There might be cases where players got themselves false bans with using these but some of them atleast were lifted of because of mistake. So why would anyone get these if they might get you banned? Well WTfast promises better latency for their users and as we know some players might expierence high ping and these ways might improve your gameplay and enjoyment of game and they dont effect anyother player than player who owns this service. So if 3rd party software was rule that was to be followed 100% of time always then it would mean that VPNs and WTfast was not allowed and all those players should be banned because they want to improve their own gaming expierence.

Most certainly bots and multiboxing softwares are 3rd party software and are not supported by NCsoft and they might get urself banned so if you care about your account you should never use these things.

Conclusion

Multiboxing and botting are two diffrent kind of things which most of you dont seem to understand. Botting most certainly is bannable but about multiboxing theres no clear stance from NCsoft what would happen if someone multiboxed. In future we will see what happens.

Also someone said that multiboxers where cheaters. Oh well this is hilarious one just because for example that WTFast player can get better latency in game and because of that perform anicanceling and react to things faster and might make player better. So is VPN/Wtfast users cheaters then? :)

1 hour ago, Avatari said:

Multiboxing

Theres tens if not hundreds of ways to do this. This also depends on what game we're talking about.  Also many game companies especially sub based companies allow these for several reason. Theres ALWAYS human in control of characters. So player is playing game but with several accounts at same time. Also why is that these players pay subs fee and are more valuable to game company than just player with 1 account. Blizzard has decided to allow this because theres always player in control.

So what does multiboxing softwares allows players to do? Control several characters at same time with one keyboard and mouse. But most important part is that theres ALWAYS player in control. Player makes every decision and makes every click but software itself transfers those click and presses to other clients. Multiboxing softwares does not automate gameplay in anyway only thing they do is make multiple windows active at same time so player is allowed to press keys in every client at the same time. This is not automate gameplay which would be botting where software plays the game for you. This is diffrence between botting and multiboxing

These two also can be mixed together which makes it most certainly bannable offense in any game but when theres player in control of characters its not botting.

Player can even set up VMwares and virtual keyboards for each account which would make each diffrent account look like they have diffrent computer. And then most expensive way to do this is to own several computers and just use one keyboard and mouse to controll all of them. But well cheaper is just making it virtually or with program

Your opinion doesn't make the definition, sorry.  As I have detailed before, the minute you AUTOMATE the process of controlling a character, as you do when you use third party software to control multiple accounts at the same time, you have made the characters slaved to the main one BOTS.  This isn't defined by whether or not you yourself are entering the keys that move them, because you are using software to automate the process to MULTIPLE characters and not 1 : 1 input to a single character / account.  

Is it different from a macro / program run bot that completely performs a task without needing your intervention?  Sure...but it is still a BOT because you have automated the control of that character with the aid of external software in a manner not intended during use of the game.  This is one of the many reasons that multiboxers are reviled through most games..because they are in fact CHEATING the system, despite whether or not a money hungry company allows them to do it in order to get more subs.

2 hours ago, Avatari said:

Was interesting to read how clueless ppl are.

Multiboxing

So what does multiboxing softwares allows players to do? Control several characters at same time with one keyboard and mouse.

Sorry, it seems you do not understand the meaning of multi-boxing even tho you attempted to give a very detail definition.

One critical piece of information you missed, is sending keyboard/mouse input ONLY to the window that has focus, and it is NOT send 1 keyboard/mouse to multiple multi-box instances as you have attempted to state.

If you guys still fail to see the difference, then picture this ...

1 Player

Set up 1: 2 computers, 2 keyboard/mouse. 1 hand on each keyboard/mouse  <<--- mutl-boxing (true form)

Set up 2: 2 computers, 1 keyboard/mouse ( Logitech Bluetooth® Multi-Device Keyboard K480 or ABC switch)  <<--- multi-boxing

Set up 3: 1 computer, 1 keyboard/mosue + Multi-Box software (isBoxer, keyboard broadcast OFF) <<-- Multi-boxing. You are doing 2, but instead of HW switch, with a SW switch.

Set up 4: 1 computer, 1 keyboard/mosue + Multi-Box software (isBoxer, keyboard broadcast ON) <<-- YOUR ARE BOTTING and SHOULD BE BANNED. Why? Because you ARE using a 3rd party software to assist you playing multiple chars at the same time.

Are you guys seriously this stupid or cant you just simply understand diffrence between botting and multiboxing. Im not here to discuss whatever it should be punishable or not more to point where you guys have no clue what is diffrence. IF and i say IF NCsoft decides that multiboxing with software is punishable it will fall under 3rd party software.

Also Sasami its your personal opinion that its cheating. You can see it that way but it does not make your opinion right or wrong. Its urs to keep.

AttacKat also i've more understanding about these things just because i've used them like you have some understanding.

For once more ill try to get your heads that multiboxing and botting are completely diffrent things unless they're mixed together. So now why they're?

Multiboxing = Theres ALWAYS ALWAYS human player in control. This human presses keys, clicks and so on by himself and always performs each task. You can do that with hardware or virtualy. But both ways is possible to control 2-100 accounts. Hardware way is much much more expensive than having virtual set up aka multiboxing software. Theres nothing automated in this method only thing what happens is software makes game windows active this removes effect of alt tabing and allows us send keystrokes to other clients. BUT BIGGEST REASON WHY THIS IS NOT SEEN AS BOTTING IS BECAUSE THERES HUMAN BEING ALWAYS PERFORMING EACH ACTION AND TASK. So if i run with 5 summoners Poh6man  i would be in fully control of each clients and pressing keystrokes.

Bot = Bot is automated program that human players sets up for running certain tasks. These things come in many forms. Usually referred bots. Usually bots are complicated lines of codes instead of being simple spam script what gold sellers use but they're referred as bots. This method has minimum contact with human being which is fully limited to point where user configures bot to run task for player. If i used bot to run poh 6 man with 5 summoners i would first create profile for summoners and dungeon called poh6. After that my part would be finished with that i would press start and program would automaticly run that dungeon for me as long as i wanted which makes it automated gameplay with minimum human interaction.

You guys can feel what ever you want about botting / multiboxing / hacking. Its your personal opinion but with them you guys cannot change facts what they're. If you think pohoran is man because she has flat chest does not make it true because she is flatchested loligirl and not man even if you wished it.

Also if you cannot understand now the diffrence go to google and look up difference between multiboxing and botting. Then you can go up and do research that many game companies allow multiboxing with software or hardware because its not botting and player is performing each task by themselves instead of botting taking over. Also these players are more valuable than single account player so why would they ban.

I could post lot of data about this but ill rather not because like i said we have no official statement for on this matter and if i started linking sites and other information pages someone might go and use them and get themselves banned and i get blamed.

15 minutes ago, Avatari said:

Also Sasami its your personal opinion that its cheating. You can see it that way but it does not make your opinion right or wrong. Its urs to keep.

Incorrect...it is many games / gamers opinions (and rules) that it is CHEATING.  Not just mine.  You would be well educated to read precisely what this article on multiboxing says, and how HONEST they are about what they are doing when they do it:

http://hackerbot.net/mmo/206-multiboxing-multi-boxing-mmo-mmorpg titled:  

MMO Multiboxing: The “Create Your own Personal Game Alt Army” Cheat

Have a nice day now.

19 minutes ago, Avatari said:

Multiboxing = Theres ALWAYS ALWAYS human player in control. This human presses keys, clicks and so on by himself and always performs each task. You can do that with hardware or virtualy. But both ways is possible to control 2-100 accounts. Hardware way is much much more expensive than having virtual set up aka multiboxing software. Theres nothing automated in this method only thing what happens is software makes game windows active this removes effect of alt tabing and allows us send keystrokes to other clients. BUT BIGGEST REASON WHY THIS IS NOT SEEN AS BOTTING IS BECAUSE THERES HUMAN BEING ALWAYS PERFORMING EACH ACTION AND TASK. So if i run with 5 summoners Poh6man  i would be in fully control of each clients and pressing keystrokes.

Once again, so this will penetrate your extremely dense skull:  "Using additional software to duplicate your keystrokes to multiple versions of the game client / characters IS AUTOMATION - thus BOTTING".  You trying to cloud that issue and legitimize what is in essence scummy and despicable behavior sways no one.  No one gives a flying rat's arshe if you are behind the keyboard controlling them when there are a multitude of drones / BOTS running about in the game ruining the experience for everyone else and hogging resources.

If you bot, you technically aren't 'playing' a game anymore, you are simply exploiting it for a gain.

Therefore, you aren't a 'player', and should not be here.

A video game player is a singular notion, the moment you bot, it's more than one, since you have a system automating the 'player's' bot controls.

Macro is one thing, to setup multiple actions with one keypress, Auto-macro is another (multiple keypress in a automatic function), but when you get to the point where you control multiple characters, interact with multiple objects or entities, and heck interacting with multiple quests and navigating a map without even controlling your character... That's borderline botting.

Basically, if a player controls a character directly through inputs, it's fine.

But if you use a new interface to control your character for you, that's not fine:

Player -> Character = Player Character

Player -> New Interface -> Character = Bot(s)

You could say the keyboard and mouse is a interface, but it's the 1st layer of interfaces you use:

Player -> KB/M -> Character = Same as above.

Player -> New Interface -> KB/M -> Character = Same as the 2nd entry above.

play·er
ˈplāər/
noun
noun: player; plural noun: players
  1. 1.
    a person taking part in a sport or game.
    "a tennis player"
    synonyms: participant, contestant, competitor, contender; More
    sportsman/woman, athlete
    "a tournament for young players"
    • a person or body that is involved and influential in an area or activity.
      "the country's isolationism made it a secondary player in world political events"
    • informal
      a confident, successful man with many sexual partners.
      noun: playa
      "she's so wary of players, she's declared herself celibate"
  2. 2.
    a person who plays a musical instrument.
    "a guitar player"
    synonyms: musician, performer, instrumentalist, soloist, virtuoso
    "the players in the orchestra"
    • a device for playing recorded music.
      "an MP3 player"
  3. 3.
    an actor.
    synonyms: actor, actress, performer, thespian, entertainer, artist/artiste, trouper
    "the players at the Shaw Festival"

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived