BOTS, BOTS AND BOTS !!

xZulfiqar

I don't see any reason why a role playing game should allow multi-boxing/dual clienting. i would even go as far that they should change the client so it only allows one connection per IP/Mac adress.

This does give a unfair advantage however you look at it, as another user stated they never multi-box on hard content.
They only do it with grinding content.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SasamiMasaki said:

Try reading this again, in response to what you just posted:

Multiboxers try to convince people that what they do takes effort and is skillful. They'll say the reason they do it is because they needed a challenge and it is challenging to them. This is all complete crap. When someone says they need a challenge, it means that the game is no longer challenging to them. But I've never seen any of these multiboxers become top-tier raiders or PvPers before saying the game is too easy. Instead, I see them using multiboxing as a means of making the game easier, not harder. Dealing with the "quirks" of a 3rd party program isn't increasing your challenge. It's just increasing the complexity to do simple tasks: simple tasks that you are now doing tenfold every time that you do them.

I have zero respect for multiboxers. Multiboxers ruin games and then try to make you think they are respectable players. They are far from it. Multiboxers have one thing in common: they all EXPLOIT game mechanics for their own benefit, NOT "challenge" themselves as they keep trying to get you to think.

Multiboxers are cheaters. Don't let them convince you otherwise.

You have no clue what you're talking about.  Lets make example in BnS.

Imaginary dungeon that has only 6man mode and group of 6 players been progressing throught it for 2 weeks till they cleared it. They found out its challenging place and it was fun to progress over it. After 4 weeks they've cleared dungeon 100 times without duying even once so now its not anymore challenging to them and one guys wants to try multiboxing it for extra challenge. Its most certainly is more challenging that way for him not and he doesnt manage to kill it because its impossible due boss mechanics and limitations of multiboxing.

Yes multiboxing increases your challenge to certain point but most of the stuff like becoming top pvper or raider its just not possible when multiboxing just because it has it own flaws.  If you cant understand that fact then you've no clue what youre talking about

29 minutes ago, SasamiMasaki said:

Irrelevant and immaterial.  I control one character when I play the game.  I don't hog resources by playing multiple characters at once and ruining the ingame experience for other players.. and above all, I  DO NOT CHEAT my using third party software and automation programs to get around the limitations built into the game that  are setup to insure you play one character per person at a time.

You want to defend multiboxing / botting?  That's fine..but realize you are defending cheating and be honest about it.  I am not required to, nor will  I respect you for it.  That about clear enough for you?

So how does it ruin your gaming expierence? What they do for you if someone runs with 5 characters in this game? Nothing. Only way to actually make more money with multiboxing would be running terrors for key but then again its not taken from you. Even then when this game is as badly as this optimized it would be extremely hard to run multiple games even with powerfull pc.

but most certainly they're not hurting you anyway. If you dont like it then you dont like it but that doesnt change the fact that multiboxing is not botting or cheating.

For botting my stance is if you want to bot it then go ahead but dont come and cry if you get urself banned. This same stance is same for multiboxing. If player wants to do it then do it like hell i care doesnt effect me anyway.

Then about cheating if players are using programs to gain immortality, speed, dmg or something like that and is able to kill BW in solo under 10seconds then it bothers me but otherwise if i see someone running in world with speedhack but not doing anything other than just running then go ahead idc not effecting me.

Also your opinion has not value. Only one who can say if its okay or not is NCsoft and so far they havent said anything about it. If they decide they dont want multiboxing in this game then they decide it and if they say its ok then they say but your idiotic point of view has no value

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Albert Einstein

Can we get less walls of text please. Also how about we start arguing the issues and not with each other. I find that usually arguing the topics tend to be more productive.

Using Slaves to follow/copy Main char movement is just same as botting for godsake and its totally illegal. u try to read the content it did said aided by bots. 

Are u thinking these people piloting Gundam X with it's 12 GX-bits??? Even the pilot detroyed all the bots because it consider cheat threaten humankind.

3 minutes ago, Wolfveleon said:

Using Slaves to follow/copy Main char movement is just same as botting for godsake and its totally illegal. u try to read the content it did said aided by bots. 

Are u thinking these people piloting Gundam X with it's 12 GX-bits??? Even the pilot detroyed all the bots because it consider cheat threaten humankind.

^This, Specially the fact that if you see their names. Its all gibberish and randomized letters numbers to systematize their character creation for the sole purpose of selling gold. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfveleon said:

Ah man are you buddy of Sasami's?

Lets get something straight for you too

Botting = COMPUTER controlling game for you

Multiboxing HUMAN player controling multiple accounts with or without 3rd party software

Just now, Ninfu said:

Multiboxing HUMAN player controling multiple accounts with or without 3rd party software

^

|---Desperately wanting to legitimize his cheating the game using third party software / automation programs (i.e.: botting) by trying to draw a distinction that is pretty much immaterial to the fact he is cheating.

Nuff said.

Just now, SummerSlaughter said:

then my wife and i couldnt play together good thinking bro

First of all game companies are not allowed to know your mac address. Its illegal to get so deep to your computer and track it down.

Second thing its most likely that running multiple BnS requires VMware so far i dont know anyother way to run multiple games at the same time. And with VMware Ncsoft would never be able to track down computers.

Having one client per Ip doesnt work either. You can just put up VMware

Yes, That why they called as bots. 

Really confused why people so proud and impressed by this so called multibox.

it just same like bots only kinda stupid way to botting compare to the other way using software.

wasted time, wasted money and wasted energy.

that not even a skill, its just playing a game with bots support.

2 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

First of all game companies are not allowed to know your mac address. Its illegal to get so deep to your computer and track it down.

Second thing its most likely that running multiple BnS requires VMware so far i dont know anyother way to run multiple games at the same time. And with VMware Ncsoft would never be able to track down computers.

Having one client per Ip doesnt work either. You can just put up VMware

wut

6 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

You would be correct until you allowed software to control the multibox which just made it a bot. It is a multi box until a human is no longer controling the character directly. the moment any computer system provides support for any form of automation it just became a bot. even if it is not 100% automated does not mean it isn't a bot. The moment a human is no longer in direct control it is no longer being multi boxed. Even a program to allow mirror movements is a bot. Alt tabbing and then using a different character or having two computers with two keyboards is multi boxing. it is the same as playing normally just you control two different characters. 

1 minute ago, SasamiMasaki said:

^

|---Desperately wanting to legitimize his cheating the game using third party software / automation programs (i.e.: botting) by trying to draw a distinction that is pretty much immaterial to the fact he is cheating.

Nuff said.

If you've read anything i've been saying in whole time i dont care if someone bots, multiboxes. Everyone does what they want with their account. If they get banned for botting or multiboxing then they get its their problem not mine.

So far we have no official stance from Ncsoft if they allow players to multibox. Botting is against rulse and gets you banned but multiboxing so far we have no clue yet.

You're allowed to have your own opinions about stuff but atleast get facts right and stop being immature kid

1 minute ago, Ninfu said:

If you've read anything i've been saying in whole time i dont care if someone bots, multiboxes. Everyone does what they want with their account. If they get banned for botting or multiboxing then they get its their problem not mine.

So far we have no official stance from Ncsoft if they allow players to multibox. Botting is against rulse and gets you banned but multiboxing so far we have no clue yet.

You're allowed to have your own opinions about stuff but atleast get facts right and stop being immature kid

There has already been an answer on this in the official forums during beta, the answer was you can only multi box with two different computers unless it is windows 10 which allows you to run legitimately multiple instances of this game at once. they then went on to say it must be controlled by HUMANS the entire time and that anytime it wasn't being controlled by a person it was not allowed. I will search for the post. Others are welcome to dig it up as well.

2 minutes ago, Yui said:

You would be correct until you allowed software to control the multibox which just made it a bot. It is a multi box until a human is no longer controling the character directly. the moment any computer system provides support for any form of automation it just became a bot. even if it is not 100% automated does not mean it isn't a bot. The moment a human is no longer in direct control it is no longer being multi boxed.

If player uses virtual keyaboards for diffrent accounts to play with one actuall keyboard then players is all the time in control. But then again most of those softwares do things like that and some game companies wont allow it and some does. WoW / Blizzard / Eve is well known for allowing it.

And like i have like 100 times told in this thread. We have no currently official standpoint from NCsoft. They are only one who can allow it or not but only reason what they can ban for is 3rd party software because its not botting

3 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Considering I have multiple times posted up official definitions where it states what BOTS are considered, articles and opinion pieces that back me up here, it seems you are the one that wants to have your opinion be fact, rather than the converse.

What is funny to me is the distinction you draw, which is immaterial to the fact that both are just as egregious and detrimental to the health of the game as any other form of cheating is; is the 'hill you want to die on' in this discussion, even despite your claims that 'you don't care' about the particular issue.  Something tells me that you protest overmuch.

As to calling me an immature kid...that's also amusing, considering I am likely a couple of decades older than you.

2 minutes ago, Yui said:

There has already been an answer on this in the official forums during beta, the answer was you can only multi box with two different computers unless it is windows 10 which allows you to run legitimately multiple instances of this game at once. they then went on to say it must be controlled by HUMANS the entire time and that anytime it wasn't being controlled by a person it was not allowed. I will search for the post. Others are welcome to dig it up as well.

That standpoint is from everyother game company. Same answer blizz gave. So far how many multiboxers they've banned? close to 0?

These are clearly bots and ncsoft needs to deal with them asap. The longer ncsoft waits, the more it will become and more advanced they will be. It may also be the problem why ncsoft servers are having a problem. These bots don't seem to use the gameclient but a completly rewritten program. So 1 computer can actually run 50 to 100 bot clients.

Why is ncsoft putting minimum resource power on removing these bots? I don't know. Maybe they are in it together.

2 minutes ago, Nanako said:

These are clearly bots and ncsoft needs to deal with them asap. The longer ncsoft waits, the more it will become and more advanced they will be. It may also be the problem why ncsoft servers are having a problem. These bots don't seem to use the gameclient but a completly rewritten program. So 1 computer can actually run 50 to 100 bot clients.

Why is ncsoft putting minimum resource power on removing these bots? I don't know. Maybe they are in it together.

Yup its true theres bots and ncsoft does what they want with them. Been trying to explain these ppl that there are those are legit players just doing multiboxing for fun which is in my opinion just fine

Archived