Forums

PSA for Forcemasters

RyuueLaview

Im disappointed  to see FM's here saying ice build is just a 1+ LMB + RMB. PLeae GTFO!!!!!! 

I do not have problems with burn build since i just assume other FM do not stack their burns. So im always the one using my #1 and use my skills accordingly. Then with ice build since is single target does inflict more damage but when it comes to dugeons its more like a support build. 

For those retards who only use LMB and RMB on their ice build at least include your #6 or X and train path #3 to inflict +10% damage on every frost skill and your #2 inflicts additional damage too.  And if you need your LMB to get focus then you are doing it wrong!!!!!! you should be getting your focus form your F skill. 

41 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

Im disappointed  to see FM's here saying ice build is just a 1+ LMB + RMB. PLeae GTFO!!!!!! 

I do not have problems with burn build since i just assume other FM do not stack their burns. So im always the one using my #1 and use my skills accordingly. Then with ice build since is single target does inflict more damage but when it comes to dugeons its more like a support build. 

For those retards who only use LMB and RMB on their ice build at least include your #6 or X and train path #3 to inflict +10% damage on every frost skill and your #2 inflicts additional damage too.  And if you need your LMB to get focus then you are doing it wrong!!!!!! you should be getting your focus form your F skill. 

I'm a critical build, I use Frost Palm, and Force Fury as combo, it kill quite fast, I tried macroed those standard combo you post, so I know the killing speed is not much different.

Just don't only combo using the same skill, I nearly use all the skill. It is easier to do inferno + maxed dual dragon combo too.

1 hour ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

Whether crit or not, we should all know that F for any fury is not 1 of our main dps skill. So if u think it is or its in ur standard rotation, ugh apparently u need to read more about force masters.

Don't worry I tried it directly not only theory, 

Crit from Frost Fury can do about 3500 damage, and crit from Frost Palm is 2400 damage, The speed from Frost Fury quite Fast.

Fire Palm is very low on damage, 1 crit from Fire Palm = a little bit more damage from one hit Frost Fury and much slower (Frost Fury 5 hits).

When not Crit I use Blazing Beam.

Sometimes it kill much faster than the macroed standard combo.

And still have nearly unlimited Focus.

1 hour ago, FreedomGent said:

Don't worry I tried it directly not only theory, 

Crit from Frost Fury can do about 3500 damage, and crit from Frost Palm is 2400 damage, The speed from Frost Fury quite Fast.

Fire Palm is very low on damage, 1 crit from Fire Palm = a little bit more damage from one hit Frost Fury and much slower (Frost Fury 5 hits).

When not Crit I use Blazing Beam.

Sometimes it kill much faster than the macroed standard combo.

And still have nearly unlimited Focus.

U shared something interesting, so i actually went and check it in game, the speed of frost fury is pretty much equally same as a rotation of RL2, i also took a look of the dmg ratio on frost fury and frost palm, they are the same and if they crit they should be the same too, the only reason why ur frost palm is lower is ur on stage 1 of frost palm? dont use it use tier 3 stage 2, its the same base dmg.

The RL2 i mentioned above is ani-cancel and during these days on the forum i did see quite a lot people having different builds such as spam 2s ice rain, use F as u did etc...when they think its higher dmg, whether is it high dmg or not, this does brings the question that should force masters ani-cancel or not, because afterall either the standard ice build or the burn is based on ani-cancel. So ani-cancel or no ani-cancel will be an interesting discussion to see once i have a guide on the forum.

The time you require to do AN F frost fury ( you said it crits 3.5k idk your gear but seems profane) .I do RL2 burn (thats 1,3k l +2.2k R+7-8k 2 =~10k dmg  sometimes 11k crit) so yea......(Also spaming 2 with cold snaps ice build the 2 does a bit lower dmg than 2 on burn  with cold snap the time it takes for you to hit 1st ffrom 2ice  i alrdy did 2 burn RL2 comboes.... and if you say spam 2 all the way for the acelerating you cant use RL  as for burn you spam RL2 so i dont see why you think its more dmg single ttarget ice ) You also gona think but cold snap also does dmg ye crap dmg lower than and R  hit per tick .well ye thats mainly it.....

14 hours ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

U shared something interesting, so i actually went and check it in game, the speed of frost fury is pretty much equally same as a rotation of RL2, i also took a look of the dmg ratio on frost fury and frost palm, they are the same and if they crit they should be the same too, the only reason why ur frost palm is lower is ur on stage 1 of frost palm? dont use it use tier 3 stage 2, its the same base dmg.

The RL2 i mentioned above is ani-cancel and during these days on the forum i did see quite a lot people having different builds such as spam 2s ice rain, use F as u did etc...when they think its higher dmg, whether is it high dmg or not, this does brings the question that should force masters ani-cancel or not, because afterall either the standard ice build or the burn is based on ani-cancel. So ani-cancel or no ani-cancel will be an interesting discussion to see once i have a guide on the forum.

Don't base damage with what written frost fury damage can even reach 4k like I said practice directly not only theory, I'm still maxed true profane+10

45 minutes ago, FreedomGent said:

Don't base damage with what written frost fury damage can even reach 4k like I said practice directly not only theory, I'm still maxed true profane+10

U mis-understood me, im saying that R stage 2 and at least 1 point into F has the same dmg ratio i mean they are really the same if just look at it, everyone have eyes, its written there.. Of course it can be slight higher or lower not the exact or u are saying that the number are incorrect because u can do a lot higher non-crit* then it says? sounds like a display bug to me, send a ticket to ncsoft.
So in ur cases if ur F is doing 3k or 4k there is no reason ur R cant, unless ur R is on stage 1 or doing sth wrong. Id assume its on stage 1 thanks to a dude who thinks ani-cancel is not the highest dps for force masters.

1 hour ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

U mis-understood me, im saying that R stage 2 and at least 1 point into F has the same dmg ratio i mean they are really the same if just look at it, everyone have eyes, its written there.. Of course it can be slight higher or lower not the exact or u are saying that the number are incorrect because u can do a lot higher non-crit* then it says? sounds like a display bug to me, send a ticket to ncsoft.
So in ur cases if ur F is doing 3k or 4k there is no reason ur R cant, unless ur R is on stage 1 or doing sth wrong. Id assume its on stage 1 thanks to a dude who thinks ani-cancel is not the highest dps for force masters.

Yeah it suck not practicing it yourself. Btw you can do the report yourself I don't mind.

Same with meteor Shower, total damage done actually higher than listed.

Btw this is video example 

Benefit of that build is you can combo Inferno+Dual Dragon easily as the highest damage Forcemaster can do.

Frost orbs from frost fury, fire orbs from inferno. 

Oh yeah check the focus it have nearly unlimited focus too unlike ani-cancel mode.

2 hours ago, FreedomGent said:

Yeah it suck not practicing it yourself. Btw you can do the report yourself I don't mind.

Same with meteor Shower, total damage done actually higher than listed.

Btw this is video example 

Benefit of that build is you can combo Inferno+Dual Dragon easily as the highest damage Forcemaster can do.

Frost orbs from frost fury, fire orbs from inferno. 

Oh yeah check the focus it have nearly unlimited focus too unlike ani-cancel mode.

From ur youtube name, are u chinese or asian by chance? i will not argue more on tht because big numbers dont mean everything, and lazy people arent just worth it for me to explain the details, besides this thread isnt abt me or u anyways, its about burn build.

Im not here saying which is bad which is good, im pretty sure u do a have point, im just trying to explain its pros or cons or its details. If ur chinese or asian by any chance, this video may help u : http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQyMjE0Nzg4MA==.html if u think its not, feel free to stay in the majority of fms which is 80-90% instead of being top tier, its all up to u, not me. If u got any other questions whether its a build or guide or anything, feel free to ask ill do my best to explain them.

Any other non helping replies or questions, please refer to ZackGTie's post on his last word in his first sentence above, ty.

I didnt read everything, too much biased opinions, but +1 to op, those fm really annoy me like hell, detonating without burn is absurd. Now some facts:

- Ice build is ok now, but as soon as we hit higger level dugneon, with harder and more complex patterns and higger damage from bosses bm and kfm (usually tanks) would need to learn them, and avoid-iframe them. Ice build *cricket* everything up AS *cricket*ING HELL, because it auto-frezze and snares the target, and it *cricket* up the timing of the bm/kfm. Its meant to be used solo, if u want, but the best build for party is burn and lr2.

- Burn build do more damage, than any other current build, its fact, simple numbers and mathematics. Asian players are using it from almost a year for a reason, period.

- Burn build get a higger buff on 10 feb, with the patch 3.0+, wich is the current patch in kr. Why you may ask?, cuz on pve flame soul is used to stack 3 flame orbs quick (with fire fury) and burst twin dragons. Also fire fury. flame palm, blazing beam do more damage on burning enemy. If that isnt enough, both force blast and short fuse have now extended burning times. As you can see, all the changes lead towars burn fire build. Video of it:

Unfortunately, burn build is currently the strongest build by a steady margin. The "benefits" I've seen people talk about to using ice such as having "infinite chi" remind me of the poor arguments used by those who did nothing but spam blizzard on black mage on ffxiv in order to never run out of mp. Yes the burn build has a learning curve but once you learn how to play it then it's the highest damage and most effective overall build. You can still have your ice skills specced for support while still bringing all the damage of a burn build so there's really no reason to not use burn build..

5 hours ago, Medeis said:

Unfortunately, burn build is currently the strongest build by a steady margin. The "benefits" I've seen people talk about to using ice such as having "infinite chi" remind me of the poor arguments used by those who did nothing but spam blizzard on black mage on ffxiv in order to never run out of mp. Yes the burn build has a learning curve but once you learn how to play it then it's the highest damage and most effective overall build. You can still have your ice skills specced for support while still bringing all the damage of a burn build so there's really no reason to not use burn build..

C on t2s1, gives more than enought focus, as well as z with no spec (3 focus), i never run out of mp with those 2 as well with the focus regen from weapon, but if that ever happen we still have f ice t2 and either s1 or s3 (that will depend if the hp regen are worth or not); so in any case, the "never run out of mp" sound more like "im lazy, dont care about dps as long as i just have to press 1 button nonstop".
Build burn is not that hard to learn, once you get used to anicancel lr2 x2/3, but since its the higgest dps output we should start learning it as soon as posible imo.

Archived