Clan name cooldown?

Princessa

Well, I should've done some research. I had a clan name on my Summoner that I was saving for me and my friends, but I might have to change factions for the clan or something. I didn't think much about the cooldown and disbanded it right away - and now I can't recreate it again.

I'm getting mixed answers from people, ranging from 1 week to 90 days.. does anybody know when disbanded clan names get freed up again? I feel like I've almost done a disservice to everyone because of how good the clan name was.. now it's like lost in time.

We had a similar problem. Our clan originally started in mushin during the early release, however with the high Que's during that time we decided to move to Hajoon. The clan leader deleted the name in mushin to free it up for us, but once he did we were unable to take the name in Hajoon. He contacted NCsoft about this and they came back with the reply that once a clan has been disbanded the name cannot be reclaimed period. It was a major dissapointment and we ultimately had to settle with something else. I hope they change that policy...or the off chance that NCsoft employee was misinformed but so far no luck there.

What... are you serious? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in regards to clan names ever. Ugh.. I'll send in a ticket myself to confirm 100% that the name is gone forever. I can't believe I disbanded the clan without checking up on this. Such a good name, just gone.

2 minutes ago, Princessa said:

What... are you serious? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in regards to clan names ever. Ugh.. I'll send in a ticket myself to confirm 100% that the name is gone forever. I can't believe I disbanded the clan without checking up on this. Such a good name, just gone.

Keep the thread updated with there response please, we are all curios to know if you get the same response we did as well lol. It seems like an extremely silly rule..considering mistakes do happen.

4 minutes ago, Princessa said:

The response I got was: it becomes available in 90 days. I think that coincides with one or two other responses I've seen. Time to mark May 1st, 2016 on my calendar! Hopefully I won't forget in 90 days.

wow...90 days is still rediculous lol. Maybe they told us it was permanently gone back when we asked because in early release they had not yet sorted out all the details...so saying that was most convenient idk. My gosh tho, heaven forbid you make a mistake and delete your clan and wanna go back to it. This really needs to change.

Archived