Forums

Blade & Soul Wiki (Orcz) Collaboration Thread

Todokin

Figured I'd start a thread to help coordinate all the Orcz who are contributing to the Blade & Soul Wiki

NOTE: I know there are a bunch of wikis for the game, but this thread is ONLY for the Orcz one. For any other wiki please use a different thread to avoid confusion.

Anyway the purpose of this thread is to collaborate in collecting information from the game and adding it to the wiki, to ensure some level of consistency and quality, and to make sure people are not working on the same project simultaneously and thus wasting time.

Anyway remember to bookmark the main page of the wiki:

http://orcz.com/BladeandSoul

or if you are on mobile here is a handy shortcut:

http://orcz.com/BnS

Some general guidelines when adding info:

1) Please include a screenshot in every entry, illustrating what the article is talking about. It makes a HUGE difference!

2) Try to avoid short stubs, like having the whole entry be "Bamboo Village is the name of a village". Instead, include a detailed description and names of NPCs, quests, or other stuff related to the entry you are writing about.

3) Make sure the entries are properly categorized so that the wiki doesnt get disorganized and so that it's easy for people to find what they are looking for.

4) Most important, have fun! You are basically telling the story about the world, the people there, the lore. Think of yourself as the great historian of Blade & Soul!

I've added the maps into a new (currenty phantom) category called "Blade and Soul Geography"

I envision that category will be like a geography book of the world, with maps, cities, villages, topography, landmarks, and more

2 hours ago, GamerBlade said:

I was just at the yonkai work camp while reading this thread so figured I'd give it a go:

http://orcz.com/Blade_and_Soul:_Yonkai_Work_Camp

Template for (area) includes:

Overview

Minimap

NPCs

Utility

Map

Explore nearby

Strategy guide/tips

Screenshots

Hope this helps. Will do more areas as I cover more grounds.

good job, that looks great!

Lets try to stay consistent with how we label the different area types. I had to fix a few inconsistencies. Here is how the game labels them, and thus how they should be labeled in the wiki. From global to local:

CONTINENT - eastern continent and southern continent

ZONE - Cinderlands, Viridian Coast, Moonwater Plains

REGION - The Scorching Sands, Lycadi Foothills, Tomun Range, etc

AREA - all places in the region, ie Yonkai Work Camo

INSTANCE - any instance that is not a dungeon ie Yonkai Excavation

DUNGEON - The dungeons

This is going to be a great resource. One suggestion... since it is a BnS Wiki, everything is under B. Blade and Soul should be removed so that for instance, Maps are under M. Classes are under C. etc... I could understand if this was a multi-wiki page, but since it is a BnS wiki, it's kind of redundant.

5 hours ago, Catgravy said:

This is going to be a great resource. One suggestion... since it is a BnS Wiki, everything is under B. Blade and Soul should be removed so that for instance, Maps are under M. Classes are under C. etc... I could understand if this was a multi-wiki page, but since it is a BnS wiki, it's kind of redundant.

Well the platform itself is kind of a multiwiki, but I managed to figure out how to make it alhpabtetize the entries for the game properly, thanks for the suggestion

18 minutes ago, Trikey said:

BTW if you run into any cute animals be sure to also add them. Remember we are documenting not only stuff like quests and monsters, but everything about the B&S world. Let's give it some flavor!

I've added:

Dog

Duck

That sounds like fun actually :) I hope it doesn't derail me too much from working on quests and stuff

Found and added:

Pigeon

Swan

13 hours ago, GamerBlade said:

Hey guys as much as i love puppies and ducks and other cute animals, lets focus on more important entries maybe like NPCs and quests and stuff? We need a lot more of those in the wiki

yeah you're right, though if I see an animal I will document it into the wiki, but I don't go around looking for them.

Anyway all the Prologue quests are done! Still need to fill in some entries such as NPCs and stuff but the pages for the quests themselves are in place. Thanks for all those who helped. Am onto documenting the next areas.

Here are the quest pages and of course if anyone wants to improve them or add info people missed feel free as this is a joint community project:

Chapter 1: Awakenings

Chapter 2: Morning Time at Heaven's Reach

Chapter 3: Looking for Lusung

Chapter 4: Master Hong's Summons

Chapter 5: Disciple of the Hongmoon School

Chapter 6: Training Begins

Chapter 7: The Proving Grounds

Chapter 8: Twilight's Edge

Archived