Beware Transmuting Outfit Pouches.

Pannon

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also fall for it, here's what I've got:

#4346359 Transmuting outfit pouches gave fabric instead of the pouch

After trying to get the Ascending Cloud Uniform, I encountered the bug, that instead of a Outfit Pouch or a failed transmutation, the 4 pieces of fabric which are currently 5 gold per piece just vanished and I got one piece of fabric with the message "Successfully transmuted to fabric". After I encountered this bug, I tried it again and had the same bug.
After this is obviously a bug, can you please refund me the 8 pieces of fabric I lost in transmutation? Because its a long way to get 40 gold wich are currently 2040 NCoins or 25,50€.

Hello there,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please be informed that the item you are trying to acquire is based on luck. Meaning, this items are based on RNG and there's no way we can bypass the game and give it to you for the benefit of your character. We only suggest for you to keep on trying and you will get it eventually.
We wish you good luck and enjoy playing Blade and Soul.
Regards,

Then at least you coul'd write to the transmute option, that only one Fabric could come out of it instead of the pouch. Anything else, I would consider a rip-off.

Hello,
I appreciate you taking the time to send in this suggestion for Blade and Soul. We receive far more suggestions than can possibly be added to the game, and the Development Team has many ideas of their own. When they are considering what to spend their time implementing, one of the most important things that they look for is whether there's a strong desire for particular changes or features from the Blade and Soul community. With this in mind, we have set up a Suggestion Box area on our official forums. Having suggestions available in a public area helps the Development Team gauge the amount of interest in various ideas, and also allows other players to offer feedback of their own. I've included a link to the Suggestion Box area of our forums below.
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/
I'll be glad to do what I can to pass along the information you've already provided, but the Blade and Soul Support Team doesn't have any direct control over the development of Blade and Soul. Please consider posting your idea there, or commenting on a similar suggestion that someone else has already made.
If I can be of any further help, please let me know.
Regards,
GM Karl
NCSOFT Support Team

I'm a programmer myself and fixing this issue would take me at most 5 minutes. You just admitted that it's a rip-off on this part, because all other transmutation mechanics work different. Thank you for telling me how dumb I am for not using google before, to find the many forum threads about your art of keeping the customer pay with this deliberate bug.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/2/2016 at 4:03 PM, Fuchs said:

I also fall for it, here's what I've got:

#4346359 Transmuting outfit pouches gave fabric instead of the pouch

After trying to get the Ascending Cloud Uniform, I encountered the bug, that instead of a Outfit Pouch or a failed transmutation, the 4 pieces of fabric which are currently 5 gold per piece just vanished and I got one piece of fabric with the message "Successfully transmuted to fabric". After I encountered this bug, I tried it again and had the same bug.
After this is obviously a bug, can you please refund me the 8 pieces of fabric I lost in transmutation? Because its a long way to get 40 gold wich are currently 2040 NCoins or 25,50€.

Hello there,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please be informed that the item you are trying to acquire is based on luck. Meaning, this items are based on RNG and there's no way we can bypass the game and give it to you for the benefit of your character. We only suggest for you to keep on trying and you will get it eventually.
We wish you good luck and enjoy playing Blade and Soul.
Regards,

Then at least you coul'd write to the transmute option, that only one Fabric could come out of it instead of the pouch. Anything else, I would consider a rip-off.

Hello,
I appreciate you taking the time to send in this suggestion for Blade and Soul. We receive far more suggestions than can possibly be added to the game, and the Development Team has many ideas of their own. When they are considering what to spend their time implementing, one of the most important things that they look for is whether there's a strong desire for particular changes or features from the Blade and Soul community. With this in mind, we have set up a Suggestion Box area on our official forums. Having suggestions available in a public area helps the Development Team gauge the amount of interest in various ideas, and also allows other players to offer feedback of their own. I've included a link to the Suggestion Box area of our forums below.
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/
I'll be glad to do what I can to pass along the information you've already provided, but the Blade and Soul Support Team doesn't have any direct control over the development of Blade and Soul. Please consider posting your idea there, or commenting on a similar suggestion that someone else has already made.
If I can be of any further help, please let me know.
Regards,
GM Karl
NCSOFT Support Team

I'm a programmer myself and fixing this issue would take me at most 5 minutes. You just admitted that it's a rip-off on this part, because all other transmutation mechanics work different. Thank you for telling me how dumb I am for not using google before, to find the many forum threads about your art of keeping the customer pay with this deliberate bug.

Had that twice now. I've read on reddit that several users got the same outcome, meaning a successful transmutation to 1 fabric. My opinion is that if you get something that is not listed in-game as an outcome, you should get compensated. The Blade and Soul NA team have so far done nothing except provide us with a translated version of a former BnS version in Asia with minor custom touches. We all like this game, but you are going to lose a lot of players if you do not make some immediate changes based on your community feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dsupertramp said:

lost about 40g not knowing it "based on luck" today. 

thought i could roll 2 box.. what i get is 2 fabric back with a success prompt.

what a rip off

At least it wasn't $1500 like the guy in the other thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping old thread because it's still relevant.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they warned us from the start. The transmutation page for that item should clear state that it is RNG/CHANCE. It doesn't say anything of the sort so most players assume it's 100% guaranteed as are the elements on that same page.

How hard is it to input one sentence?

• 3 weeks later...

A friendly bump to this thread. I had several trial of this and all resulted in one fabric, which confused me. I disregarded the first attempt thinking that it was just a bug, since no where even said anything about one fabric being a possible outcome... but after two more trials, I became alerted and thought this isn't right. After viewing this thread, I'm pretty pissed.

Two important things to note about the transmutation system:

1) All the possible outcomes upon a successful mutation are everything that you see in the list. NO MORE, NO LESS.

2) If a transmutation fail to give you any of the listed items, it should only consume the materials in the bar and the gold that was spent. NOT GIVING OUT UNLISTED SURPRISEBUTTSECKS JUNKS.

been running a ticket about the same issue as OP for a long time now ...nothing constructive besides "its working as expected" 

And the tool tip link they provided does not say anything about the fabric you receive if it fails ....seems like they are too lazy to admit they made a mistake and too proud to give the stuff back for their own fault 

Just another issue to add to the million complaints people have made and that has been ignored for ages .

Good Going support / devs ! 

• 2 weeks later...

I just made a ticket myself. I also just got one fabric back. I understand if they would have done the same as with the gems that you just loose the bottom materials but just gaining 1 Fabric and nothing else is just madness. It isn't stated anywhere and this is just another way of milking money in my eyes. So I am waiting for a reply atm. 

I'm with you guys. I feel so scammed too. And yes, it's a copy/paste message. Enough to got me subscription cancelled. 

AO5kk45.png

But not worry, they are totally sure i will be back soon.

l7TFven.png

I've "rolled the dice" on the outfit box a number of times, always ending up with one fabric instead of the box.  Fortunately, I got my fabrics through the event roll instead of burning costumes bought from the cash shop, so while my fabrics weren't free (since the event required spending some NC coin to roll the dice), they were much cheaper than people who spent their money on costumes just to salvage them.

However, I am in total agreement with people here: The transmute screen is completely misleading.  It is misleading in three different ways: (1) There is nothing that says that transmute has a chance to fail.  Players should not have to discover this by getting burned in game first or googling/looking up some external source, (2) the game reports you have successfully transmuted 1 fabric when you actually failed the roll, thereby totally mischaracterizing the result, and (3) if there are varying levels of success (i.e. critical success and regular success), the game must make it known when items only appear on a critical success-- or at least, report on what the user would get on a regular success.  (From the user's eyes, any result other than "critical success" is a failure because he/she didn't get the item being sought after.)

The "fix" however, shouldn't be to alter one displayed message shown in a window, or dress up one "small" possible misreading because the misleading aspects of transmute is huge.  If this ever goes to court, I have a feeling NC is going to be burned because any competent lawyer will ask to see what the user sees during the whole process (i.e. nothing shows that transmute is even a roll of the dice), and they will also subpoena all customer service requests from people who fell into the trap (i.e. there are TONS), literally proving that the result is not only potentially misleading, but has actually misled lots of people.

Personally, I am aware that NCsoft runs the game to make money and not charity.  I don't have a problem with the mechanics as long as they are upfront about the gambling RNG.  In many aspects of the game, they are very up-front about the randomness.  For example, in loot boxes, they show that "%... TOTALLY AWESOME OUTFIT" as a possibility, but everyone knows when they open the box they'll more likely get the "(hidden HUGE) % ... valor stone" outcome.  But in this particular case, they were not.  The screen should have read, at the minimum:

(%   )   1 High Quality Fabric (failure result)

(%   )   1 High Quality Outfit Box (success result)

If critical success (and not just regular success) is needed, the screen should read:

(%   )   1 High Quality Fabric (failure result)

(%   )   1 High Quality Fabric (regular success)

(%   )   1 High Quality Outfit Box (critical success)

But with respect to this particular item, IMHO since they disabled salvaging from most outfits in the game, the REAL fix for this particular transmute is that it should almost always work.  The probability of "critical success" of this particular transmute should be 90% or higher because ultimately most fabrics and high quality fabrics came from an item that costed real-life money to acquire.  This isn't like transmuting gems or other items that can be acquired in game without spending money.  There's already the gambling aspect of when you open the box, it might not have the outfit that you are looking for.  The [high quality] outfit box is distinctly different that most of the transmutes in the game solely because most (but not all) fabrics in the game originally came from an item in the cash shop.  Changing only the reporting of success/failure and not addressing the mechanics/probabilities would be an absolutely minimal (and perhaps cynical) effort at a "fix".

9 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

It's pathetic that they can't take the few minutes required to correct the tool tip. It just shows that they don't care about a simple fix.

I don't necessarily think it is that.  I'm speculating here, but I have a feeling this is the typical NCwest problem (like they had in Aion)... they don't control the client/server code base, so any changes NCwest wants will have to go through to the actual developers in Korea.  In other words, whatever problem we have has to go through to Korea, which then chooses whether its a significant enough issue to spend resources on, design it, schedule it for development, test it and then we get it.  This is the huge issue with NCsoft, as far as I've ever experienced.  Even if our GMs were the most caring people in the world, any substantial changes to the game server or client code basically has to go to Korea.  NC Korea might not even care (since that's where they're making the most money, and the issue might not exist on the Korean servers.)  If its something the GMs can fix by changing a configuration file or doing something other than messing with game code, then I've seen them change it (after all, its how they probably do the game events.)  But if its writing in functionality that the game server or clients do not currently support.... good luck.  And as trivial as it sounds, adding something like a change to the transmute screen is likely substantial enough to need some game code changes.

I may not be completely accurate on the way things go... but this sentiment has been my experience with NCsoft in the past.

Why would you spend real money on just fabrics? 

Your better off buying "other items" and making a killing in gold.

Then buy the fabrics at a much discounted price. 

I think it was a bad move on your part and you want your money back.

That's not how it works. 

But I can see how you thought you were going to get a outfit pouch and then got nothing.

I hope you the best and we can start an uproar about this. Otherwise your not going to see a dime. Sorry pal.

This is a complete rip-off. If the person is going to get fabric and not the outfit it should be listed to let you know before you begin that YOU MAY just get a fabric and not the costume. Why would you mislead players like that? Especially on something that's not easy for every player to get.

• 2 weeks later...

With the new update of June 1 now when transmuting outfits or the Silverfrost Premium Transformation stone there is a warning message that says there is a chance of failure now. Glad this issue is finally addressed now.

Has anyone tried transmuting outfit pouches? According to patch it has been "adjusted to be less punishing on a failed transmutation"  , usually we get 1 fabric back on a failed set, wondering what it is now.

On 2 February 2016 at 5:15 AM, Novastar said:

Van Friday at 03:55

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us again.

We would like to clarify that Transmutation for Outfit Pouches has a chance to fail. This is an error with the tool tip of the Transmutation window as it only shows the possibility of a Critical Success and we are working on a fix to correct this. When a Transmutation fails, instead of seeing a "Failed" notification, it shows “You successfully transmuted to 1x High-Quality Fabric” hence confusing you and some players that the process was a success. 

Rest assured that our Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for your understanding for this issue and we ask for your patience.

If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Van
NCSOFT Support Team

thanks to them admitting this is a bug and telling me tough titties Ive already begun the process of talking to my bank. If I had known something that takes real cash has a chance to fail. I do would not have done it.

Add to the fact he admits its an error in the tooltip, I think this easily warrants giving people back their items. This is like being sold an item with a defect. If it's the companies fault, they need to correct it. Not tell us tough luck.

Seriously upset at Ncsoft.

They'll just then suspend your account for a chargeback so you'll just get double *cricket*ed by them.

Archived