Forums

Beware Transmuting Outfit Pouches.

Pannon

1 hour ago, Pannon said:

Yeah, this is something that should have been addressed and patched before launch .It is as if they intended to hide the notification of a chance to fail before transmuting just so they can get you to think you will actually get it but instead give you a big middle finger with an item that is probably worth a cent.

Well I'm glad they said they are working around the clock fixing this. I will put my hopes on NCsoft for fixing it fast! I will try to be patient as much as I can, but hurry up! :P

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Elurra said:

The major bug right now is that it gives 1 HQ Fabric on success.  On success, you are supposed to get the Outfit Pouch in the middle.  Period.  And on failure, you are supposed to lose your gold and the items in the 4 boxes at the bottom.  The items in the boxes in a circle at the top you are supposed to keep.  I have no idea why the 10 fabric are in the "can be lost" slot and not in one of the top circle slots, but that's a different issue that should be addressed.

I am speaking from personal experience when I say NONE of the outfits obtained through playing the game can be salvaged.  Only outfits from the cash shop can be salvaged.  Yes, it says in the wardrobe that some of the wheel or dungeon outfits can be, but I have almost all of them, and none of them can be salvaged.  The outfit First Step even has 2 different versions.  The cash shop one which I assume can be salvaged, and the one from Skittering Tunnels (which I have multiple of) which cannot be salvaged. 

It's unfortunate honestly, this game has many flaws which is to be expected, but they knew there would be players who would have the temptation to try this system so they didn't get to it soon so they would let those players fall into prey and then address it and "encourage you to try again"

I was aware of spending 50$ which was by my on decision, but i did it for a reason not for one piece of fabic. Anyways, i know now not to touch the transmute as its ALL pure luck, and most of the time the success rate is typically around 10% on your favor.

Wait... This works on any outfit outside of NA?? Uuuuh.... **closes his wallet and glares** Yeah something isn't right here... What the f#$& NCSoft... I mean you want money, I get it, but if you are wondering what happens when you become too greedy, look no further that Scarlet Blade (Korean: Queen's Blade)

1 minute ago, Machder said:

Wait... This works on any outfit outside of NA?? Uuuuh.... **closes his wallet and glares** Yeah something isn't right here... What the f#$& NCSoft... I mean you want money, I get it, but if you are wondering what happens when you become too greedy, look no further that Scarlet Blade (Korean: Queen's Blade)

Pls, again, i am a F2P player that LOVE costumes, and i spent 50% or even more time just farming or hoarding money to buy costumes, but i beg you guys to not complain about this sistem, it allow them to earn money with out making the game Pay2Win, my favorite game RaiderZ died because they made one heavy pay2win update after 6 months. This game dont have anything like that yet, so pls dont bother the publisher or the developers with complains that have no sense.

Did you know the Chinese BnS server is already Pay2Win?, while the Korean server is not, so, pls dont push our luck, lets try to keep our Publisher happy so they pick the Korean server method, and not the Chinese one.

7 minutes ago, BattleKat said:

Pls, again, i am a F2P player that LOVE costumes, and i spent 50% or even more time just farming or hoarding money to buy costumes, but i beg you guys to not complain about this sistem, it allow them to earn money with out making the game Pay2Win, my favorite game RaiderZ died because they made one heavy pay2win update after 6 months. This game dont have anything like that yet, so pls dont bother the publisher or the developers with complains that have no sense.

Did you know the Chinese BnS server is already Pay2Win?, while the Korean server is not, so, pls dont push our luck, lets try to keep our Publisher happy so they pick the Korean server method, and not the Chinese one.

I dont mind giving them money aslong as they provide what we pay for , anyways im over it and i forgive NCsoft for their mistake.

14 minutes ago, BattleKat said:

I'm pretty sure your gold will be eaten once this happens to you, and you will be the first one complaining in the forums. You will cry your heart out after farming for those gold you use to buy fabrics. Plus the only way to buy outfit is through cash shop and Transmuting outfits. So having gold or having lots of real cash will not save you from this RNG.

Just thank Pannon for reminding you not to bother with this system. Save your gold on other things.

And All i did was get yelled at by white knight try hards when i made this thread last week

Successful Transmute with Outfit puch

Blinddagger Thursday at 16:15

I successfully transmuted 4 fabric into an outfit pouch twice , it didnt say that I failed anywhere but It only gave me 1 fabric in return. I wasted about 6 costume purchases from the store with this without any warning.

Sef Thursday at 16:22
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Blade and Soul Support team.

We would like to clarify that Transmutation for Outfit Pouches has a chance to fail. This is an error with the tool tip of the Transmutation window as it only shows the possibility of a Critical Success and we are working on a fix to correct this. When a Transmutation fails, instead of seeing a "Failed" notification, it shows “You successfully transmuted to 1x High-Quality Fabric” hence confusing you and some players that the process was a success. 

Rest assured that your Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for for your understanding for this issue and we ask for you patience.

If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Sef
    NCSOFT Support Team

Blinddagger Thursday at 16:48

Is there any way I can get the ncoin I wasted refunded? I was not notified that I would fail after spending close to 90 dollars on costumes to just throw them away, I also lost 2 gold.

Blinddagger Thursday at 22:56

It seems like a bit of a shady business practice to not advertise that your playinga game of chance with real money

GM Yuri Friday at 03:44
    Hi there,

Thank you for your response.

Again, we are truly sorry for your inconvenience. However, any information about compensation, refund or reimbursement about this matter is not yet available. We can only advise you to keep an eye on our Official Forums for any news, updates and announcements regarding this matter. Rest assured that the Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for your understanding for this issue and we ask for you patience

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

GM Yuri
    NCSOFT Support Team

Blinddagger Friday at 09:10

The confusion is one thing, but its more the false advertisement that i am concerned about. What seems to be so difficult about telling players that they are gambling their hard earned money on a game of chance? I definitely feel entitled to a refund.

Blinddagger Friday at 14:06

To Sum up my point even further
    once you salvage a costume it guarantees you the fabrics listed on the item details. In blade and Soul 1 fabric is worth atleast 800 ncoin aka 10 dollars USD. If people sell it on the market thats on them. What im saying is I waste 40 dollars to not get a costume that I want ? and you steal 30 dollars from me? Once you fail a transmute you lose 3 fabrics. Take my gold fine, but dont take my money from me.

Its beside the fact that for all other transmutations in the game even if you fail you do not lose your gem fragmets. why is it this way with costumes(real money)? I would be fine if they told me from the beginning that they were going to take away my fabrics for a failure, but they didnt even do that

GM Yuri Friday at 19:05
    Hi there,

Thank you for your update.

I do personally understand where your frustration is coming from. However, as was stated in the previous response, we can only advise you to keep an eye on the forums for any news or updates regarding any information about the compensation. Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Please bear with us as we work on a fix regarding this issue.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Yuri
    NCSOFT Support Team

Blinddagger Saturday at 09:06

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but this is entirely unacceptable. Please process my refund, The game stole 70 dollars worth of costumes from me, Thats more than 1 game is worth.I am an avid supporter of ncsoft and blade and soul but this is quite ridiculous. What do you mean wait and watch the forums. I've already made a thread that recieved over 50 responses from players who also feel cheated and sympathize. If someone does not recieve the items that they bought, why then should they have their money taken from them and be asked to wait. I spent actual money!

Cess Sunday at 13:14
    Hello again,

Thank you for sending us this feedback. I regret to inform you that the investigation is still on-going and we cannot make any statement or reimbursement for this issue yet. Our Development Team is now aware of this issue and actively working on a resolution. At the moment, we don't currently have a fix or workaround for this. We only ask for your patience and understanding while we continue to investigate this. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue has caused.

Please stay tuned on our official forum for news and announcements regarding known issues in the game.
    http://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul
    https://www.facebook.com/bladeandsoul
    http://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul

Regards,

Cess
    NCSOFT Support Team

Blinddagger Yesterday at 16:16

I am still very unsatisfied, I wish to speak to a supervisor.

The ticket I submitted

Incidentally, is it just me, or does it sound like their "fix" isn't to make it so you're at least guaranteed an outfit when you burn ~$50 dollars of other outfits, (which I'd argue is still a good deal for NCSoft), but rather to fix the text so it indicates you only get the pouch on "critical" success, and otherwise you fail and just get a single HQ cloth back?

If they plan on fixing the text only, then I need to ask them to make all outfits, drops, from boxes, from vendors, from cash shops and anywhere else to be broken down into fabrics and high quality fabrics. And we as a community need to voice out that they do this.

1 hour ago, Unskilled banana said:

HAHAHAH u guys salvage shop outfits? x'D U can get fabric from the 2 outfits which can be obtained by farming 40(?) coins from bosses. Those bosses are in jadestone village and in the place before blackram dungeon. Try google fabric farming or something.

Afraid that in NA they arent salvageable

jgGO7gm.png

25 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

So let me get this straight....

i buy 15-20 dollar outfits

i break them down for cloth

i get a pouch 

then is a % chance that i just threw away say 50 dollars for nothing?

this is a broken ass system i will happily not buy into....

Yup, pretty much, the more players are made aware of this the better

20 minutes ago, GinzaHibari said:

And All i did was get yelled at by white knight try hards when i made this thread last week

Successful Transmute with Outfit puch

Blinddagger Thursday at 16:15

I successfully transmuted 4 fabric into an outfit pouch twice , it didnt say that I failed anywhere but It only gave me 1 fabric in return. I wasted about 6 costume purchases from the store with this without any warning.

Sef Thursday at 16:22
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Blade and Soul Support team.

We would like to clarify that Transmutation for Outfit Pouches has a chance to fail. This is an error with the tool tip of the Transmutation window as it only shows the possibility of a Critical Success and we are working on a fix to correct this. When a Transmutation fails, instead of seeing a "Failed" notification, it shows “You successfully transmuted to 1x High-Quality Fabric” hence confusing you and some players that the process was a success. 

Rest assured that your Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for for your understanding for this issue and we ask for you patience.

If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Sef
    NCSOFT Support Team

Blinddagger Thursday at 16:48

Is there any way I can get the ncoin I wasted refunded? I was not notified that I would fail after spending close to 90 dollars on costumes to just throw them away, I also lost 2 gold.

Blinddagger Thursday at 22:56

It seems like a bit of a shady business practice to not advertise that your playinga game of chance with real money

GM Yuri Friday at 03:44
    Hi there,

Thank you for your response.

Again, we are truly sorry for your inconvenience. However, any information about compensation, refund or reimbursement about this matter is not yet available. We can only advise you to keep an eye on our Official Forums for any news, updates and announcements regarding this matter. Rest assured that the Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for your understanding for this issue and we ask for you patience

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

GM Yuri
    NCSOFT Support Team

Blinddagger Friday at 09:10

The confusion is one thing, but its more the false advertisement that i am concerned about. What seems to be so difficult about telling players that they are gambling their hard earned money on a game of chance? I definitely feel entitled to a refund.

Blinddagger Friday at 14:06

To Sum up my point even further
    once you salvage a costume it guarantees you the fabrics listed on the item details. In blade and Soul 1 fabric is worth atleast 800 ncoin aka 10 dollars USD. If people sell it on the market thats on them. What im saying is I waste 40 dollars to not get a costume that I want ? and you steal 30 dollars from me? Once you fail a transmute you lose 3 fabrics. Take my gold fine, but dont take my money from me.

Its beside the fact that for all other transmutations in the game even if you fail you do not lose your gem fragmets. why is it this way with costumes(real money)? I would be fine if they told me from the beginning that they were going to take away my fabrics for a failure, but they didnt even do that

GM Yuri Friday at 19:05
    Hi there,

Thank you for your update.

I do personally understand where your frustration is coming from. However, as was stated in the previous response, we can only advise you to keep an eye on the forums for any news or updates regarding any information about the compensation. Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Please bear with us as we work on a fix regarding this issue.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Yuri
    NCSOFT Support Team

Blinddagger Saturday at 09:06

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but this is entirely unacceptable. Please process my refund, The game stole 70 dollars worth of costumes from me, Thats more than 1 game is worth.I am an avid supporter of ncsoft and blade and soul but this is quite ridiculous. What do you mean wait and watch the forums. I've already made a thread that recieved over 50 responses from players who also feel cheated and sympathize. If someone does not recieve the items that they bought, why then should they have their money taken from them and be asked to wait. I spent actual money!

Cess Sunday at 13:14
    Hello again,

Thank you for sending us this feedback. I regret to inform you that the investigation is still on-going and we cannot make any statement or reimbursement for this issue yet. Our Development Team is now aware of this issue and actively working on a resolution. At the moment, we don't currently have a fix or workaround for this. We only ask for your patience and understanding while we continue to investigate this. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue has caused.

Please stay tuned on our official forum for news and announcements regarding known issues in the game.
    http://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul
    https://www.facebook.com/bladeandsoul
    http://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul

Regards,

Cess
    NCSOFT Support Team

Blinddagger Yesterday at 16:16

I am still very unsatisfied, I wish to speak to a supervisor.

The ticket I submitted

You, me and everyone else who felt tricked has the right to be this way, otherwise NCsoft would feel this is okay if no one stepped up and spoke or submitted a ticket, all i can do is hope that you get your moneys worth back or they compensate for this misunderstanding.

17 minutes ago, Pannon said:

You, me and everyone else who felt tricked has the right to be this way, otherwise NCsoft would feel this is okay if no one stepped up and spoke or submitted a ticket, all i can do is hope that you get your moneys worth back or they compensate for this misunderstanding.

They clearly admit the mistake in the tool tip, which  thus it is 100% their fault, whether its a pure mistake, error or was just overlooked it is still their fault and NOT the players, this should be disabled, fixed and the players refunded there losses.  they were conned through lack of info. 

NCsoft are a bunch of arseholes. This is pretty much the response I got from support too. Tough titties, we forgot to fix a tooltip but thanks for your money sucker.

At this point I am considering contacting my bank and seeing if this constitutes fraud, theft or some other thing I can potentially use to get money back.

utterly unacceptable.

And like many others in this forum topic, had I been made aware that there was a chance to fail. I would not have spent the money.

I'm  not going to admit how many times I tried to make the high quality version of the outfit pouch and failed.  But unless I'm unaware of other means of getting normal fabric, the cost of the high quality outfit pouch is 10 normal fabric and 3 high quality.  That takes 10 store outfits to get, and I believe the cheapest outfit to salvage fabric from is 800 NC coin or $10.

So atm....

1 chance at high quality transmutation outfit pouch = 10 fabric = 10 store outfits = 8000 NC coin = $100

Best off to buy the items on the marketplace and let others convert their real life monies for in game cash lol.

You know, I was actually planning to transmute an outfit in Blade in Soul, but now I might not ever do it. Honestly, I didn't know that the transmutation system was bugged or faulty. It would be like buying Karma Koin, logging into Dragon Nest and your outfit synthesis fails. A huge, giant waste of money. Luckily for Dragon Nest, outfits will either go up a rank and or change appearance 100% of the time, so money is not completely wasted. However, for this feature to work in Blade and Soul, we would have to remove the salvage option from Cash Shop items and salvage boss drops with a high chance of failure. It's still not fair, even with the current situation of buy costumes and still fail. Unless the chance is 100%, or all items used are not lost upon failure, this will count as internet gambling and receive many more negative reviews. However, we could also adopt a new costume transmutation system and make it so that two cash shop costumes combined can change into one of many options... as in Dragon Nest. Or we could ask the devs to take a look at what we want in the transmutation system and how it currently works, and let them come up with a fix that we can all agree on.

This is why you needa play on CBT to know things.

Before you do anything make SURE you know how it will end up.

And you dont have to buy from cash shop to salvage to get Fabric, almost everything on this game can be farmed.

Good Luck, on getting your money back, Because this is not a bug, it is player's fault.

50 minutes ago, aSin said:

This is why you needa play on CBT to know things.

Before you do anything make SURE you know how it will end up.

And you dont have to buy from cash shop to salvage to get Fabric, almost everything on this game can be farmed.

Good Luck, on getting your money back, Because this is not a bug, it is player's fault.

Actually, no you cannot salvage boss drops. I tried this with wolfskin, which is listed in the wardrobe as salvageable but is not. The boss outfit  loot salvage system does not seem to work. Probably yet another bug that needs to be fixed. At this point the only option looks to be purchasing cash shop costumes with a failure rate. Not exactly my bag of potato chips.

5 hours ago, Unskilled banana said:

HAHAHAH u guys salvage shop outfits? x'D U can get fabric from the 2 outfits which can be obtained by farming 40(?) coins from bosses. Those bosses are in jadestone village and in the place before blackram dungeon. Try google fabric farming or something.

Maybe do your own research first, you can no longer transmute the jade stone costumes on NA~ nailed it

Now let's stop and think about cash shop salvaging and how it affects the low transmutation rate. Now let's say you get 1 fabric per $10 costume. That would be $40 and 5 soulstones per normal outfit pouch attempt. It would be close to $100 per high quality attempt. It's not exactly modern era gamer friendly. However, if you up the fabric grant rate to let's say 5-10 fabric and 1-3 high quality per cash shop costume and make the transmutation chance 100%, then it costs way less. You could end up spending $10-$30 for one costume with 100% chance of success.  However, you still have the RNG rate of not getting what you want. If you ask me, the outfit transmutation system doesn't really work even if you hit that success rate. There's too many negative variables without any free to salvage aspect.

I fell into the same trap... It's basically like an RNG box, but worse. :[

I tried to get the Moonlight outfit and only got a fabric in return... 

I remember reading somewhere that a lot of costumes were removed from the ability to salvage (same with gems) because bots would farm the fabric, say like the ones in Jadestone.

Since NCSoft NA is based on the West Coast of the U.S., it would be under the jurisdiction of U.S. statutes. When in the process of transmutation, it says, "Success!", and the recipient receives one fabric. That is indeed a failure, not a success, because the consumer is expecting an outfit in a scenario of success. Wouldn't this be a violation of Section 43 of the Lanham Act, which states: 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/1125

"Any person who, on or in connection with any goods or services, or any container for goods, uses in commerce any word, term, name, symbol, or device, or any combination thereof, or any false designation of origin, false or misleading description of fact, or false or misleading representation of fact, which-- is likely to cause confusion, or to cause mistake, or to deceive as to the affiliation, connection, or association of such person with another person, or as to the origin, sponsorship, or approval of his or her goods, services, or commercial activities by another person, or in commercial advertising or promotion, misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities, or geographic origin of his or her or another person's goods, services, or commercial activities, shall be liable in a civil action by any person who believes that he or she is or is likely to be damaged by such act."

The costume prices now are a bit heavy in my opinion. It's a decent price if say the user is playing with one character. But then say if you want the same costume on many other characters, that is very expensive (since there is no account bound or mailing ability). And to also include the value into transmutation, which any user can do if there is an outfit available for salvaging, that is insanely expensive and not cost-effective at all! 

If it was indeed a "bug" of the tool-tip or not (uh oh, conspiracy theory! :B), that really should have been checked before launched because ultimately, costumes are the number one profit-garnering items in the Hongmoon Store, so transmutation has to be in the equation somewhere. 

Archived