Beware Transmuting Outfit Pouches.

Pannon

1 hour ago, Elvenmad said:

OH wow so players here are using cash shop outfits ? WTF thats crazy ! OMG this company !! I play CN and RU pretty hardcore,  but live in UK so obviously  I came here when it went live but now and more every day I am getting that DeJa Vu feeling  I seen so many Amazing Korean games get 'westernised' and published by western publishers who eventually through greed totally destroy them.

As far as I'm aware cash shop costumes may be the only ones you can salvage for the fabrics.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Van Friday at 03:55

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us again.

We would like to clarify that Transmutation for Outfit Pouches has a chance to fail. This is an error with the tool tip of the Transmutation window as it only shows the possibility of a Critical Success and we are working on a fix to correct this. When a Transmutation fails, instead of seeing a "Failed" notification, it shows “You successfully transmuted to 1x High-Quality Fabric” hence confusing you and some players that the process was a success. 

Rest assured that our Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for your understanding for this issue and we ask for your patience.

If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Van
NCSOFT Support Team

thanks to them admitting this is a bug and telling me tough titties Ive already begun the process of talking to my bank. If I had known something that takes real cash has a chance to fail. I do would not have done it.

Add to the fact he admits its an error in the tooltip, I think this easily warrants giving people back their items. This is like being sold an item with a defect. If it's the companies fault, they need to correct it. Not tell us tough luck.

Seriously upset at Ncsoft.

1 minute ago, Novastar said:

Van Friday at 03:55

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us again.

We would like to clarify that Transmutation for Outfit Pouches has a chance to fail. This is an error with the tool tip of the Transmutation window as it only shows the possibility of a Critical Success and we are working on a fix to correct this. When a Transmutation fails, instead of seeing a "Failed" notification, it shows “You successfully transmuted to 1x High-Quality Fabric” hence confusing you and some players that the process was a success. 

Rest assured that our Development Team is working around the clock to quickly resolve this confusion. We are hoping for your understanding for this issue and we ask for your patience.

If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Van
NCSOFT Support Team

thanks to them admitting this is a bug and telling me tough titties Ive already begun the process of talking to my bank. If I had known something that takes real cash has a chance to fail. I do would not have done it.

Seriously upset at Ncsoft.

Yeah, this is something that should have been addressed and patched before launch .It is as if they intended to hide the notification of a chance to fail before transmuting just so they can get you to think you will actually get it but instead give you a big middle finger with an item that is probably worth a cent.

So to explain to you what happened. When transmitting you have a chance to succeed and to fail. Upon failure it will consume the money cost for the transmutation AS WELL AS any subitem costs. For example when trying to transmute the purple Pentagon gem box. If you fail you lose 50 silver AND 5 soulstones. You do NOT lose the Pentagonal gem fragments. So what happened is you failed and lost the gold spent or silver or whatever as well as lost the regular fabric the 10 regular ones it costs but kept the high quality fabric because that is the main ingredient not a secondary item cost. Please note on a success both money, main item and secondary item Costs are taken.

3 minutes ago, AceTrainerRari said:

So to explain to you what happened. When transmitting you have a chance to succeed and to fail. Upon failure it will consume the money cost for the transmutation AS WELL AS any subitem costs. For example when trying to transmute the purple Pentagon gem box. If you fail you lose 50 silver AND 5 soulstones. You do NOT lose the Pentagonal gem fragments. So what happened is you failed and lost the gold spent or silver or whatever as well as lost the regular fabric the 10 regular ones it costs but kept the high quality fabric because that is the main ingredient not a secondary item cost. Please note on a success both money, main item and secondary item Costs are taken.

Well now that i know this ,still does not make it alright to have Shop costumes to only be salvaged.

I will keep away from transmuting since now i know all of the items is based on RNG.

I will wait until loot costumes become salvagable to try again.

13 minutes ago, AceTrainerRari said:

From what I remember from my tests in Beta, you lose all the fabrics.  The problem is getting the "HQ fabric" isn't actually the failure result.  It's the "success".  Getting the outfit pouch is the *critical* success.  (No idea if there is actually a failure result for this transmute)

i am going to be honest, this topic worry me a lot, and not because how expensive it is to get what you guys want, because i am also a huge fan of the costumes, this topic worry me because, they havent added a single Pay2Win feature into the game yet (and yes, Exp boost is not pay to win at all), but even with that you guys overreact at a feature that just give you a rare costume, so if in a future they add a Pay2Win feature, they are not going to take us seriusly because we are complaining for one of the few methods they have to earn money.

Yes, i support the OP of this topic because theres no warning or explanation about the chances, and thats a big issue, but they shouldnt change the system, instead they should add a warning window with the chances and thats it. But if i was him, i would like at least my NCoins, since is not his fault.

i come from a very similar game to this one in terms of combat, the name was RaiderZ, it had a very nice action based combat, and the release wasnt pay2win at all, but after half year they added in the shop some Gems that double the stats of your character, and there was no free to play method to earn them, so they could one hit kill you if you didnt had those gems. Why i say this? i say this so you guys dont complain about the current system so much, be happy that we have a fair game, dont ruin it, the developers and publishers usually get tired of the comunity not being happy about any of their moves and end up ignoring us, dont let that happen in this game!

GOOD LUCK, and i hope you get your founds back somehow =(

12 hours ago, Bezerko said:

As far as I'm aware cash shop costumes may be the only ones you can salvage for the fabrics.

HAHAHAH u guys salvage shop outfits? x'D U can get fabric from the 2 outfits which can be obtained by farming 40(?) coins from bosses. Those bosses are in jadestone village and in the place before blackram dungeon. Try google fabric farming or something.

I would love my ncoins or my fabrics back. But apparently this is beyond NCsofts ability.

PWE can restore a character from months ago, wow can restore a character from a year ago. Swtor can restore items as well.

Why cant Ncsoft?

It's luck based, like every single other transmute option in the game. This was not a surprise, this is a person who took a chance that didn't play out in their favor and wants to blame someone else. This is a pathetic gambler.

That we have the option to try and turn old cash shop outfits we don't want anymore into something we do is awesome. That you'd buy outfits just to do this with is your own decision. Blame yourself.

I dont understand all the people saying things like "it's your fault its a gamble you risked it etc. To create an outfit pouch you are salvaging costumes to get fabrics to do so in this case lets say you need 10 fabrics while transmuting their is a chance to fail that is correct however in faililing nothing is destroyed and you merely pay for the transmute with nothing in return in this case the transmute is working but you are receiving 1 fabric instead of a pouch this is nothing but plain robbery and Id call it a bug. It is not mentioned that you can obtain a mere fabric from attempting which is even by itself ridiculous to spend 10 only to get back 1. Also the staff member that replied to your ticket clearly did not understand what you were saying as from what im understanding they thought you meant you wanted them to create the costume for you as you didnt get what you wanted. Explain further how it gave you a fabric only when its not even supposed to do that and if it is they should have mentioned it somewhere this is just a scam.

3 minutes ago, Senzura said:

I dont understand all the people saying things like "it's your fault its a gamble you risked it etc. To create an outfit pouch you are salvaging costumes to get fabrics to do so in this case lets say you need 10 fabrics while transmuting their is a chance to fail that is correct however in faililing nothing is destroyed and you merely pay for the transmute with nothing in return in this case the transmute is working but you are receiving 1 fabric instead of a pouch this is nothing but plain robbery and Id call it a bug. It is not mentioned that you can obtain a mere fabric from attempting which is even by itself ridiculous to spend 10 only to get back 1. Also the staff member that replied to your ticket clearly did not understand what you were saying as from what im understanding they thought you meant you wanted them to create the costume for you as you didnt get what you wanted. Explain further how it gave you a fabric only when its not even supposed to do that and if it is they should have mentioned it somewhere this is just a scam.

What i sent to them was an exact copy of the forum post.

Anyways, mistakes will happen, i am not rioting or pitchforking NCsoft, but i am surprised with the current state, yes i was aware of my spending, but was not with the item loss as it failed to notify me of the possible items id get if i transmutted and a Fabric was not included on the list.

There are multiple threads on this, and the main sticky in this sub-forum warns against duplicate threads. Use the search function. Also this isn't False Advertising, NCSoft has already said the "Success" pop-up even when you fail is a bug and is being looked into.

Just now, Yahni said:

I was about to buy materials myself because I saw the outfits on other players, but I'm not sure if I want to take the risk. (So much money...) 

Ty for this post though.

Your welcome, don't fall into the same trap.

The major bug right now is that it gives 1 HQ Fabric on success.  On success, you are supposed to get the Outfit Pouch in the middle.  Period.  And on failure, you are supposed to lose your gold and the items in the 4 boxes at the bottom.  The items in the boxes in a circle at the top you are supposed to keep.  I have no idea why the 10 fabric are in the "can be lost" slot and not in one of the top circle slots, but that's a different issue that should be addressed.

I am speaking from personal experience when I say NONE of the outfits obtained through playing the game can be salvaged.  Only outfits from the cash shop can be salvaged.  Yes, it says in the wardrobe that some of the wheel or dungeon outfits can be, but I have almost all of them, and none of them can be salvaged.  The outfit First Step even has 2 different versions.  The cash shop one which I assume can be salvaged, and the one from Skittering Tunnels (which I have multiple of) which cannot be salvaged. 

Archived