Stressful community

SchwaAkari

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im 45 and I am chatty in channels and groups... I am not a typer though I am so use to using voice chat, I have to get use to typing again.. BLEH!! (Im lazy when it comes to typing). I found just blocking the spammers and saying Hi! and talk nicely to those that ask questions you usually can get convos going.

Well Phinders you already labeled yourself as an idiot, so I pretty much would have you blocked anyways. I don't let shit get to me, but there does come a breaking point when enough is enough, But hey little kids is what we have to deal with when playing these games. I am above it.

HAHA! This is your quote not mine " Don't let the idiots such as myself bother you ladies " You called yourself the idiot, not me. And really please do not even try to say your life is better than mine. 1) you have no idea who I am, and B) I don't need to get into a pissing war on how big the e-peen is. But you have yourself a nice evening as I am done responding to you.

so many posts already holy cow

1 hour ago, Seemslegit said:

Stopped reading at 

*takes a sip of coffee*

PSSSHHH you're probably one of those Monster Energy Drink guys huh?

54 minutes ago, Killian said:

(Or do what I do and pretend they're really stupidly programmed NPCs.)

NICE. I think I'm going to laugh every time I look at the hornet-like chat now and imagine such a thing. xD

53 minutes ago, Yahni said:

You can't change how people act unfortunately. Over time I grew thick skin. That's really all you can do. Don't let people's comments get to you. I make this mistake often, but don't give them your time of day either, because you'll just be talking to rocks. 

You also seem like a very nice player :)

Well thank you!! Just from the short paragraph I've met of you, I'm thinking you're pretty nice too :]

50 minutes ago, DeathBunny said:

*/sarcasm on*Because we are behind a keyboard so we can say whatever we want right?? No one gets hurt and I won't get my ass kicked for saying mean, hurtful and racist things. */sarcasm off*

I relate to this a lot. Also, people say that "you shouldn't let simple words hurt you" but I don't think that in anyway justifies general mean-spiritedness whether it's "just words" or not. Being behind the screen doesn't mean the words don't hurt at all, all it means is people can get away with being hurtful. There's no system that can be put in place to do something about this; human moderators on the internet, same as school playground recess teachers, can only shunt it partially, but the only actual solution is for people to just become nicer people, which is unrealistic to expect or wish for. We're right, it's awful.

45 minutes ago, Ryiox said:

I read the entire post and all I could think was "Are you new here?"

The only way to avoid it is if find a group of like-minded people to hang out and play with.

I SAID IT LIKE THREE TIMES I'M SUPER NEW

and so far yes, I've met a couple really neat people and they've made me love the game a little more after getting tossed around by it earlier! It's the same theory as in real-life, surrounding oneself with positive influences instead of negative ones is an utterly essential key to a healthy and wonderful existence-- in this case, wonderful game experience.

40 minutes ago, HowlingWolf said:

You should  be ashamed of being human. Not just for what's happening in this game though.

Quite frankly, the world we live in, is much, MUCH worse. With brother killing brother and what-not. Hate to break it to you writer of books, you should go out more.

You're absolutely right and I am actually ashamed for forgetting this for a moment. There are people in other countries (and in my own country) who will always have things a million times worse than me, people who wake up to a living hell every day (war-torn countries, or those plagued with famine or disaster); I've been told I have some kind of brain disability, but I'm super happy I have that AND all four of my limbs that work great, or a roof over my head with a family that's not perfect but still really great.

I'll keep your reminder in mind from now on.

37 minutes ago, YukiAyumu said:

Mabinogi not competitive?

i think you've never been to dunbarton's back ally or even pvp'd anyone competent(or overly incompetent~) at all

I NEVER PvP in Mabinogi. Always assumed it existed as a mere afterthought, especially when we compare it to a game like B&S that actually revolves around it.

Then again I was never around for the "Elf vs Giant" era of the game, nor the "Paladin vs Dark Knight" era, which I was told was once a big deal. I wonder how similar that was to Cerulean vs Crimson...?

32 minutes ago, Drremorre said:

Nexon didn't make Mabinogi, Devcat are the developers of that game. Nexon only published it. 

This is correct, but you know what I mean man geez D:

28 minutes ago, Akirah said:

We are not talking about trolls we are talking about GOLD SELLERS.   If this game wants to continue the GM's need to fix it.

We are not talking about gold sellers. We are LITERALLY talking about trolls. That is like, explicitly what I began this forum thread to address. Like actually-for-real though.

17 minutes ago, Kazer said:

I agree with you Akari.

Unfortunately this is the state of many competitive communities in NA games. Compared to how people are in Korea and Japan (where these games originate), NA culture is just completely awful. As someone above said -- the majority here promote sportsmanshit in competitive games and it is disgusting.

All you can do is ignore these people honestly. They are most likely the people that will forever be stuck at silver and gold, whine in pvp chat all day, and say such and such is OP until they eventually quit - because they can never look at themselves critically. It is never their fault for losing and they feel they are the best and must win. Theyre just that good! In reality, these kinds of people will rarely ever improve themselves to greatness and will always complain.

Most great players are self critical, and look for improvement anywhere when they win and most importantly when they lose.

You have the right mindset, just try to find the few others out there that are the same as you. Dont ever let the trash in the community ruin your enjoyment of a solid game.

Message me on Poharan for anything PVP/PVE anytime.

Kazer

Thank you! This is EXACTLY what I was hoping someone would come up with. The critical thinking bit, the mindset of "I just got air-comboed or stunned because I was doing X against Y instead of Z", is what I always strive to be doing, even if I'm doing it poorly or even if I'm angry (read: "salty") I'll begrudgingly say to my screen "fine fine GG", because to me both of those things are what gamer pride is about; equal-parts striving to conquer and good sportsmanship. And, it frustrated and hurt my heart so much to be shown (through example) that thinking that way is the wrong way to think, because everybody is doing the hateful thing instead and if you try to do the nice thing they gang up on you.

I feel I want to become a great player because I know I can be one. Not to brag about it to anyone or make myself feel above them. For myself. I did that in Dark Souls and that's probably the #1 thing I feel defines me as a gamer, and again I know I am SUPER NEW not only to this game but to this entire genre, and it is stupid for me to expect myself to be remotely competent in only a few weeks of playing, but my goal is to never stop being excited to play and I think that is a good goal. Every time I Guiding Fist into an Assassin's counter-pose from across the field, or every time I Sidestep-Spin-Kick a Blade Dancer and it does nothing because he just finished spinning (or whatever it is he does to trigger that state), or every time I follow up a Counter with a Shoulder straight into someone else's Counter, it is a lesson not to do that again. A year from now maybe it'll be enough lessons so that I'm doing that hardly or never at all. I'm looking forward to it, and being as patient as I can, because that's what gamers do.

You are a radical person. Thanks so much for this post!

10 minutes ago, MrNiN said:

Patients Grasshopper.....If you don't know thats a very old Kung Fu reference.

I know of that reference, but I'm slightly more acquainted with this one...

4 minutes ago, Solica7 said:

rnGesus dude how bout a TLDR. I have a degree in English and I quit reading after the first paragraph. lol

I SAID I WAS SORRY (but since you didn't read my post you didn't see that I said that, did you! HAH)

12 minutes ago, DeathBunny said:

Im 45 and I am chatty in channels and groups... I am not a typer though I am so use to using voice chat, I have to get use to typing again..

It's actually super neat that there's someone this old that enjoys a game like this! Demographical stereotypes can suck it :]

One of the best parts about being a gamer to me is that we are all on the same playing field as fellow gamers. Age and gender has nothing to do with skill nor passion for a game, despite it being fun to joke about sometimes all in good fun, but in B&S if you wreck someone in the Arena who was just mashing buttons, that doesn't matter whether the opponent is 15 or 30 or a guy or a girl, that player was caught playing stupid and that player got taught a lesson by someone who was playing smart, period.

Never let anyone give you crap for loving a game that you love! People in this thread have said that to me about the stressful-chat thing, I feel I can apply it again regarding certain miscreants' rude posts towards you here. I totally support you in this!

11 minutes ago, SchwaAkari said:
1 hour ago, Solica7 said:

rnGesus dude how bout a TLDR. I have a degree in English and I quit reading after the first paragraph. lol

I SAID I WAS SORRY (but since you didn't read my post you didn't see that I said that, did you! HAH)

LOL

@SchwaAkari I have been playing mmos for 10 years now and most of it has been spent hopping them and I can say that many of the communities are toxic on some level and as you spend more time playing mmos you adapt to it if you really wanna play them learning to shrug most of it off and where to look for people who understand you more. As an example one of my old guildmasters we would tease a lot and blame her for things as a joke and her response a few times would be that if she was new to this she would be in tears but instead she now laughs about it and pokes back. so TL;DR it gets easier you just have to decide on if its worth it to stay for long enough :p 

P.S if you get a change its a good idea to try and skim through the code of conduct especially if and when they get there reporting system more fleshed out in my experience people breaking the rules who get reported do get bans they are usually temp and it almost never changes behavior but one in a million :p

1 hour ago, Akirah said:

Multi Player Game = playing with others.. being able to talk to them.  You can't here.  That's all I am saying!

You can talk with others in the game... they are just gold spammers, have you ever tried talking to one, I bet they got some interesting stories.

Sorry, no but, seriously I can talk to anyone in game, I really do not understand the complaints about not being able to communicate because of spammers. I'm not saying you are not having that issue, just that I have not had to deal with it as much. First few days, yeah it was horrible, I didn't even turn Regional chat on for awhile.

But now, at most all  have to ignore is maybe 4 gold adds in any given area. People complain about endless adds, if they took the time they could see its like a small amount of people, just turbo spamming the chat. At least that has been my experience.

On 2/2/2016 at 10:09 PM, SchwaAkari said:

I NEVER PvP in Mabinogi. Always assumed it existed as a mere afterthought, especially when we compare it to a game like B&S that actually revolves around it.

Then again I was never around for the "Elf vs Giant" era of the game, nor the "Paladin vs Dark Knight" era, which I was told was once a big deal. I wonder how similar that was to Cerulean vs Crimson...?

Elf Vs Giant and Paladin Vs Darkknight aren't what i'd call competitive it's mostly people modding their game so they can get up from death a bit faster so they can kill you

it's pretty much just children throwing rocks at each other

Dueling is the competitive pvp in Mabinogi i'm not sure where you'll find it on other servers but go to the back ally in dunbarton in Alexina server channel 1 there will more then likely be people dueling there and looking for people to duel it's pretty intense sometimes

Archived