[Guide] Mastering Lyn Bladedancer by Think

Soulune

Though I doubt I'll ever use the guide, I do appreciate the time it took to compile and write and want to thank you for the effort you put into it. These kinds of things do nothing but help the community and make it a more enjoyable place to be.

On 2/2/2016 at 4:59 PM, Mariester said:

Congratz Trevor , best guide , master piece <3

Ill start reading. Will let you know in a week!

Hi Marie <3

Great guide. I feel like I was quite lost before (I'm not even level cap). Some things I had right, but a good majority of it I had zero idea of what to spec into for what, etc.

This will be my bible for some time.

Great guide but lmao eframes, way to overcomplicate things. You use fighting game terminology but why you gotta bastardized to feel special.

"eframes" are just the end lag on skills, there's no such thing as empty frames and this shit's cringey, but hey it's your guide your call

I used the term eFrames because I didn't know of any other term to explain the opening after a dodge/skill. Sure, it is ping related. Infact, I did say that, but it will always be there. So it's not cringy at all in my opinion.

17 hours ago, vtxAishi said:

Great guide but lmao eframes, way to overcomplicate things. You use fighting game terminology but why you gotta bastardized to feel special.

"eframes" are just the end lag on skills, there's no such thing as empty frames and this shit's cringey, but hey it's your guide your call

'Invincibility frames are the period of time (measured in frames) during which a character cannot be damaged. Depending on which kind of invincibility the character has, the attack may "hit" or "miss".'

I believe the term/spelling 'eframe' is wrong. There are indeed some skills that have built in 'timing' where they cannot be affected by anything. Those are called iframes. Which are completely normal. Now when you're not able to properly time your skills after the evade skill (iframe ending), it is because of lag. It is the response time calculated between your action and the transmission of your demand to the server. Same for your opponent except that in the relation of you to them, it's called desync.

There are skills that are evasive but not iframes. Such as any dashes or swaps like 1 for summoners. Those, your character is traveling and if you time your skills properly, you can cancel them.

There are also skills which make your character completely invincible while the skill is in effect and sometimes a little bit after depending.

Finally there are skills that have a built in frame where the character is unable to be attacked. That's an iframe. For example some skills starts with an invincibility frame but after the frame is done, you're able to stop it. Those kind of abilities needs to be timed right to avoid dmg with because not the whole animation will avoid dmg.

Hope you understand better what exactly the term means and why it applies to BnS in particular <3

Not sure if I just overlooked the Soul Shield area or I just stared at it an thought tl;dr I searched around and didn't anything mention on whats best for soul shields for PvE & PvP any thoughts on this? I'm closing in on 45 and body is ready

Just now, Snute said:

Not sure if I just overlooked the Soul Shield area or I just stared at it an thought tl;dr I searched around and didn't anything mention on whats best for soul shields for PvE & PvP any thoughts on this? I'm closing in on 45 and body is ready

Well , this guide was centered towards PvP. It will be updated very regulary however, in the current patch we are in, gear in PvP arena is completely irrelevent as everything is equalized. There will soon be arena content that requires gear to compete and I'm sure he will update his guide then or at least we will force him to >:)

18 hours ago, Mariester said:

Well , this guide was centered towards PvP. It will be updated very regulary however, in the current patch we are in, gear in PvP arena is completely irrelevent as everything is equalized. There will soon be arena content that requires gear to compete and I'm sure he will update his guide then or at least we will force him to >:)

Are you a BD too, Marie? Are we finally the same class? No more Temp v Cleric time outs?

~Aftershock

Edited by Glint

On 4-2-2016 at 1:08 PM, ons said:

I love encountering blade masters I think to myself I wonder what it feels like to not be cc'd then I finally hit the ground and get to attack for a few seconds and then I'm cc'd again.

So tell me, when I watch one of the best destroyers who has ever played this game consistently lose to the best blade master, it's not because he literally is dying while being cc'd almost 3/4 of the fight. lol you blade nut huggers amuse me.

Wondering how it felt when you realised this topic is about an entirely different class than the one you are crying over x)

• Liinxy pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Many thanks for your very detailed guide ,finally i can understand better this class-I'm lvling an alt and i rly enjoy the class but i needed some tips.Much much appreciated ,all my respect for this ^^.

• 1 month later...

I am usually a ranged player in all MMO, decided to try melee and BD looked ike most fun, this guide was a godsend to me tbh

Really enjoying this class already and the info in this  guide gonna make it a whole lot more fun :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 6:08 AM, ons said:

I love encountering blade masters I think to myself I wonder what it feels like to not be cc'd then I finally hit the ground and get to attack for a few seconds and then I'm cc'd again.

So tell me, when I watch one of the best destroyers who has ever played this game consistently lose to the best blade master, it's not because he literally is dying while being cc'd almost 3/4 of the fight. lol you blade nut huggers amuse me.

That is a blade master, not a blade dancer.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Emberlyy said:

i have a question

why so many bd playing the lightning build for pve and not the wind?

whats wrong with the wind build for pve? ^^

and can i be a good bd with the wind build?

its only fpr pve :)

The damage of lightning is much higher than the damage of wind, you can do fine with either.  The damage every class in this game does is far higher than we need.

it is really so much differeence? hm ...

i think i try the lightning build. for me its ok, to do not so much dmg, but i dont want to be the flaming victim XD

my build for litghning at the moment: https://bnstree.com/skill/BD?b=1112111211321

you guys have any tips for builing, rotation and what hm skills i have to get?

ps: sry for my bad englisch :)

pps. i dont need a completly rotation. only how i have to start and what is importent to know

Edited by Emberlyy

Pvp and get the 4500/5000 zen beans for Move 3 of lightning draw and use that.  Get the 3 offals for HM Z and that's all the HM skills you need for lightning build.  Move 1 is better for Sunder, if you use the wind build you'll want the HM skill for that.

The dps difference is pretty large on single target.  The same is true for wind and aoe, it's WAY better than lightning at aoe.

Edited by TJXX

thanks a lot. 

maybe you can tell me, how i can start the rotaion to use draw stance permently? i often come out to the basic stance and all skills ( that i know) to use draw stance are in cool down.

i dont know how i can start the rotation, i only use skills if they are ready :(