NCSOFT, please move our login server to EU

Ariobarzan

well, i dont need a full explanation of what happened or what the problem was.

eventho it sucks to see servers go down, at least the BnS team is informative about it and gives constant updates ON THEIR OWN FORUM as well. i was always pissed that the wildstar guys couldnt understand that it annoys ppl to HAVE to track 3rd party websites to be informed.

the botspam problem is troublesome tho, because you need to have a custom chat tab in order to be able to communicate.

The Game servers for EU are located in Frankfurt, the Login server is located in US. Thats why everyone EU has that 213.xxx.xxx.xxx IP for that one specific Server.

Though yeah they probably should do that for EU. Since i guess xserver dungeons are in located in EU as well.

6 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

The Game servers for EU are located in Frankfurt, the Login server is located in US. Thats why everyone EU has that 213.xxx.xxx.xxx IP for that one specific Server.

Though yeah they probably should do that for EU. Since i guess xserver dungeons are in located in EU as well.

Wouldn't there be at least 1 IP address that is tracked back to Germany?

3 minutes ago, Shirolicious said:

Atleast I know what I am talking about when I say something. You come and talk out of your ass about things you don't know jack shit about.

I would have tried typing something nice but your comment was just so silly there was simply nothing nicely left to say.

The *cricket* are you even talking about, you daft clown? at least you know what you're talking about? you haven't even said anything in this thread to actually "know what you're talking about", usually you have to actually contribute something to be able to make that statement, were you born high or something? or do you just make it your job to talk shit to random people for no reason other than "because"?

6 minutes ago, Crash said:

The *cricket* are you even talking about, you daft clown? at least you know what you're talking about? you haven't even said anything in this thread to actually "know what you're talking about", usually you have to actually contribute something to be able to make that statement, were you born high or something? or do you just make it your job to talk shit to random people for no reason other than "because"?

"so now I find out that the lag is permanent because they went full retard by putting EU server datacenter in the US, much like FFARR did originally which made me quit the game there....amazing."

Do i need to say more? That by itself already explains all? 

1 minute ago, Shirolicious said:

"so now I find out that the lag is permanent because they went full retard by putting EU server datacenter in the US, much like FFARR did originally which made me quit the game there....amazing."

Do i need to say more? That by itself already explains all? 

No, it doesn't and I'll explain why. Someone says that the servers are based in the US so (even if he was wrong) I assume that the somewhat lag that I experience is due to that reason, as opposed to the servers being packed.

Or if you're actually being ignorant enough to say that I'm being stupid for mentioning the FFARR servers EU servers actually being based in the US (which they actually were at the time I played) and trying to claim I'm wrong...then I honestly don't even...

Netstat -ano with pid filtered to client.exe standing in login screen.  
  TCP    192.168.0.213:51101    64.25.35.100:6600      ESTABLISHED     36496  - Austin US 
  TCP    192.168.0.213:51134    206.127.154.14:10900   ESTABLISHED     36496  - Austin US 
  TCP    192.168.0.213:51136    206.127.154.15:12100   ESTABLISHED     36496  - Austin US 

The login servers and login screen is in the US, it shouldn't be. Login servers for europe should be in europe, its just stupid to have two different regions using the same login server. 

Its very simple, just netstat and filter by the pid of your client.exe and you'll see where you are once logging in. 

Also, servers in Germany is not the smartest, maybe cheapest - I'd say you might want to place some in Sweden or france :)

9 minutes ago, nimix said:

Netstat -ano with pid filtered to client.exe standing in login screen.  
  TCP    192.168.0.213:51101    64.25.35.100:6600      ESTABLISHED     36496  - Austin US 
  TCP    192.168.0.213:51134    206.127.154.14:10900   ESTABLISHED     36496  - Austin US 
  TCP    192.168.0.213:51136    206.127.154.15:12100   ESTABLISHED     36496  - Austin US 

The login servers and login screen is in the US, it shouldn't be. Login servers for europe should be in europe, its just stupid to have two different regions using the same login server. 

Its very simple, just netstat and filter by the pid of your client.exe and you'll see where you are once logging in. 

Also, servers in Germany is not the smartest, maybe cheapest - I'd say you might want to place some in Sweden or france :)

Frankfurt and London are the eu hubs.London is one of the most expensive cities in the world,so thats not an option.However server in Netherlands would be better.

1 hour ago, Ariobarzan said:

Any problem happened to eu servers is related to this,

Please Move our login server from usa to eu datacenter

Almost everything connected to your character in game is "streamed " from the US , so yeah login servers in the EU will be a good start but it won't fix anything at all .

Uhm.

15 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

Almost everything connected to your character in game is "streamed " from the US , so yeah login servers in the EU will be a good start but it won't fix anything at all .

Lol, uhm no.  Assuming it really is just the login server, moving it to the EU the only difference you'd probably see would be the time between putting in your pin and getting the ToS decrease by about half a second.

I've played the game for hours while (it turned out) the login server had crashed without any significant problem.  (Only discovered it had been down when I attempted to do some crafting.  Apparently some part of the crafting is handled by that server.  (which I guess sorta makes sense, as it continues to craft after your logged off?)

edit:  So I guess the crafting orders may go through half a second faster too?  (I *think* the UI came up just fine, it just gave me an error when I actually tried to start a craft)

3 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Uhm.

Lol, uhm no.  Assuming it really is just the login server, moving it to the EU the only difference you'd probably see would be the time between putting in your pin and getting the ToS decrease by about half a second.

I've played the game for hours while (it turned out) the login server had crashed without any significant problem.  (Only discovered it had been down when I attempted to do some crafting.  Apparently some part of the crafting is handled by that server.  (which I guess sorta makes sense, as it continues to craft after your logged off?)

edit:  So I guess the crafting orders may go through half a second faster too?  (I *think* the UI came up just fine, it just gave me an error when I actually tried to start a craft)

Doesn't matter anymore , I'll try to play on the next patch .

And if the servers are still the same garbage and the chat is filled with gold spam , uninstall will be the only sollution at least for me .

1 hour ago, Teffy said:

Frankfurt and London are the eu hubs.London is one of the most expensive cities in the world,so thats not an option.However server in Netherlands would be better.

Why would that matter to us? Honestly, if its too expensive don't release the game in europe. It's not the players fault that NCSoft puts their servers in the US or that UK is too expensive. FYI There are more than two countries in Europe, and most other games manage to put their servers in the EU.

update, I'm online and I still cannot find any established connection to a German or european IP connected to my client.exe PID, please answer us NCSoft, where are the servers?

Why do I have to connect to Austin?

TCP    192.168.0.213:52398    206.127.149.10:10100   ESTABLISHED     36496  - Austin US 
TCP    192.168.0.213:52401    206.127.149.29:10241   ESTABLISHED     36496  - Austin US 

edit: wrote not online for some reason, I AM online.

12 minutes ago, Teffy said:

If you knew what I mean by hubs you would understand me better,however I'm too sleepy to get into details.Perhaps tommorow.

You should probably work on your terminology then, especially if speaking within networking. Regardless of the situation or what you mean by hubs, I should never have established connections to the US from EU connecting to what is claimed to be servers based in Germany.

And if by hubs you mean backbones, 1. That hardly matters. 2. We have some pretty decent ones here in Sweden, you know some companies like Blizzard likes to use them, UK has terrible connections.

just to be short, ip blocks are give by two organizations  - arin(US) and ripe(EU). a couple of ip block included to Autonomous System (AS). geoip will show you info about where the ip was registered(arin that case), but not where that ip is used :(  

i.e. you can bye ip block from arin, and populate routes in EU. But geoip will thinking that ip is from US

The problem is a lot hardcore mmo fans just waited for this game since 2008. There was some nice ones but meh. But after 8 years of development (5+ 3) shoulda be enough to get a PERFECT game with just a few lil bugs. Connection problems should NEVER exists. 
NC already lost a lot gamers and they continously do it. Why? 
Things mentioned above.
Where is account vault? Should I really mail between my chars? For real? Fkya NC. Aion was so fabulous and now both of the games are just crap.
Gardrobe for premium only? LOL
Inventory spaces for money and you should unlock separately for every character? is that a joke?
You can stuck almost EVERYTHING. It's not real open-world... 
Graphics is outdated and isn't optimized for new age hardware.
Botseverywhere and you can't block more than 50 and don't forget about pvp.
Some Classes are just OP as fk and can't be defeated.
The whole game is based on PvP and it's ruined. Fk ya!
As soon as a fkin MMO will appear on the market(Like Black Desert) A huge amount of players will go away. The problem is that we don't have more options. You can play league, dota, sc / bf, cod, warframe / some steam games / gta/ and thats done. If you want to play MMO you don't have a fkin other option coz everything is fked / outdated/ abandoned/ devs wanna make money from everything(like there). Ohh and your premium isn't worth the price. 

Archived