Why are 45s runing lowbie dungeon? STOP!!!

SwayzesGh0st

Why does EVERY plagued hollow and lakeside cache run I do have a 45 racing to kill the boss?? I just did 1 plagued hollow run and it was finished when I got in, then when I requeued and ran it again I didnt finish the quest because the 45 in that run killed the quest mobs too quick. The 3rd run I saw it happen to 2 other people. WHY ARE HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS THERE IF TO NOT HELP???????

Im starting to doubt NCSOFTs ability to manage MMO. They let Gold spam drive away 75% of the players, can't figure out terrain collision detection, item linking, and map zooming, and apparently can't figure out that something they did is causing high lvl players to run lowbie dungeons and ruin them for lowbies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"why are high levels there if not to help?"

that's pretty damn selfish.... they're playing the game for fun just like you, and they're doing those quests for the same reason as you. if you don't like the fact that they don't wait for you, play without them.

Upon doing easy dungeons, they could also be doing it for the following reasons,

1) Doing the dailies gives you materials required to do crafting, especially level 1 ones. When you leave a crafting/gathering guild, you're guild points acquired are reset and thus you have to start back at level 1 and you'll have to regain items that can't be found anywhere else other than the marketplace or the dailies.

2) Costume farming is another reason as to why some level 45's are spamming low level dungeons so that they can get the costume that drops from there

3) Lastly, though I'm not positive on this they could be farming for stuff that the daily boxes only drop such as keys and repair tools instead of just buying them from the merchant, it's free and it's easy to do. 

As for any other reasons they might have, I'm not really too sure but I usually solo all the low level dungeons unless someone else asks me for help lol.

really if this is your complaint "please stop 45 from making my run hella fast" just stop.  you are entitled and you don't understand shit.  one day you might have to earn your cib like me and if you *cricket* like this I will shoot you myself. 

On 2/1/2016 at 5:08 PM, phinders said:

really if this is your complaint "please stop 45 from making my run hella fast" just stop.  you are entitled and you don't understand shit.  one day you might have to earn your cib like me and if you *cricket* like this I will shoot you myself. 

If i wanted a game that played itself, I'd play Final Fantasy 13.

They should make it so if more players join a party that are higher levels, the enemies will be randomly 'leveled' up to scale on average with your party.

In exchange the 'loot' in the end may offer a slightly better chance when opening boxes?

For instance, if the average level of all players is lower than the highest level player on your party, your enemies will be scaled up to the average at 100% rate, but bosses will be scaled to the highest level player.

In terms of scaling, it only affects HP and a few other passive stats so it makes them tougher to take down.

But to prevent exploitation, maybe offer a 'best chance' buff when more players are at the recommended level or below.

Only players at 'recommended' levels and below gain a 'better' box opening chance than those above it.

i was soloing Narrows lvl 18-20 with my 45. Why? Blight Fang for crafting, the class-specific necklage (that didn't drop, not even the wrong class) and to farm Healing potions + restoring food. Blackwyrm consumes too much and farming at 45 zones takes lot of time for nothing, i farmed 2 hours and got only 10 pots+10 foods. but farming that dungeon gave me 60+ in 6 runs (~25min)

On 2/1/2016 at 4:42 PM, Dzi said:

You can always do solo dungeon's

Not in cross-server mode.  You have to run to the actual entrance and that's slow.  The world is a big place.  If they let you colo from the dungeon lobby menu it would reduce a lot of this.

On 2/1/2016 at 3:06 AM, SwayzesGh0st said:

WHY ARE HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS THERE IF TO NOT HELP???????

LOLed to this... :v

you want the higher leveled to stop running low level dungeon, but in the other hand you want them to help you running low level dungeon...?

dude, you need to make up your mind, which is you choice...? XD

1 hour ago, Engete said:

LOLed to this... :v

you want the higher leveled to stop running low level dungeon, but in the other hand you want them to help you running low level dungeon...?

dude, you need to make up your mind, which is you choice...? XD

If the level 45 characters are going to join a team they probably should help, instead of ruining the entire run for everyone else.  We'd definitely prefer them not even be there, but don't have much of a choice on that one. 

I don't get this either.  Why are level 45 characters teamed with level 15-20's?  It completely screws up the pace of the dungeon, especially since most of the dailies involve killing x amount of mobs and if you lag behind there aren't enough mobs available for you to finish.  One level 45 rushing through voids the daily quest for everyone else in the party. 

Griefing people seems to be a cherished element of this games design. 

11 minutes ago, Undina said:

You are all gonna do it too once max level, so this discussion is useless to begin with.

Wait what? I don't go ever do any dungeons in Viridian Coast. I barely do any in Cinderlands too aside from Tomb of Exile/faction daily.

8 minutes ago, Starbo said:

Wait what? I don't go ever do any dungeons in Viridian Coast. I barely do any in Cinderlands too aside from Tomb of Exile/faction daily.

8 minutes ago, Starbo said:

This means that you don't need to do them, but for lower dungeons than Tomb of exile i usually go solo since it's faster and i don't have to fight for loot.

But for example, during the tomb i just run ahead cleaning everything fast, and if this is the problem you are gonna do it too since it gives you 2 soulstones(daily chest), horns and the outfit(which i don't need but i get 1-2 golds from people fighting for it and that's good).

All this while lowbie can get the weapon or whatever they want faster than normal = profit.

So i still fail to see the problem.

this is all fine and dandy until a 45 calls me scrub nuggets for bidding on a outfit in Blackram narrows... and still win the bid cuz i am playing an alt that i gave 10g to from my main and then calls hax on me for outbidding his ass.

17 minutes ago, WizzyD said:

this is all fine and dandy until a 45 calls me scrub nuggets for bidding on a outfit in Blackram narrows... and still win the bid cuz i am playing an alt that i gave 10g to from my main and then calls hax on me for outbidding his ass.

People are so insanely salty in this game...i still have to get the reason of that, like, PoH4 with a newbie that did it just once or twice and needs some help, i'm ok with that, but there he comes the fu***r who starts insulting him...what the hell...before leaving: "You still suck hard..*blablarandominsultsblabla* " JUST WHY, ffs tell me why.

I do run all the daily quests and dungeons everyday just for my own profit. Today I did TotE with a level 23 which was apparently a gold farmer. I'd say there needs to be a restriction for low levels accessing high and end game dungeons.

Archived