why does the game repair everytime.

ReiNeith

3 minutes ago, ReiNeith said:

it is always repairing one file before launch. its not a big issue but i would like to know if that is indication of something being done wrong

I believe its just replacing old files, this game often has hotfixes, small small patches, and the launcher is cleaning up the meaningless files for you :D

I don't think that it is a hotfix and even if it is the main problem is that the launcher doesn't download it.

Every time I launch the game it just sits there doing nothing for an hour or more with the message 'Repairing 0/85 bytes' ....and then suddenly the game starts.

2 minutes ago, Narsiliel said:

I don't think that it is a hotfix and even if it is the main problem is that the launcher doesn't download it.

Every time I launch the game it just sits there doing nothing for an hour or more with the message 'Repairing 0/85 bytes' ....and then suddenly the game starts.

It sounds like you have your game on an old slow hard drive every time your game launches it verifies certain security files and i guess your drive is so slow it takes awhile, if you have an ssd with space I would move your game on to that

12 hours ago, ReiNeith said:

it is always repairing one file before launch. its not a big issue but i would like to know if that is indication of something being done wrong

Don't mind it, its just checking for file integrity :) not sure if its hashing files or just checking for last modified time stamps.

Just a precaution against corruption and to some extent modification, i.e. mods/ cheats.

You can simply avoid it. and the client will launch the game instantly. (if you're talking about the 85 bytes)  

1) Do a "file check" in the launcher and wait for it to finish

2) don't launch the game

3) Navigate to your game folder Standard

4)Select local.ini file and right click into properties

5) Make it Read-only (press ok) and you're done

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

You can simply avoid it. and the client will launch the game instantly. (if you're talking about the 85 bytes)  

1) Do a "file check" in the launcher and wait for it to finish

2) don't launch the game

3) Navigate to your game folder Standard

4)Select local.ini file and right click into properties

5) Make it Read-only (press ok) and you're done

Can confirm this helped me with that issue and i dont have that repair part anymore.

Archived