Compensation caused by Server Instability

Naisui

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Centimani said:

So if we have an online service people pay money to use and during the first few weeks it crashes a lot and becomes completely unavailable at times. The company does nothing to reimburse this lost time.

Does the company 

-A) Lose more users than normal

-B) lose less users than normal

-C) No influence

?

most games people understand... only a few cry about it.....yet still here they are playing the game and crying on the forums.... so C

1 minute ago, Centimani said:

So if we have an online service people pay money to use and during the first few weeks it crashes a lot and becomes completely unavailable at times. The company does nothing to reimburse this lost time.

Does the company 

-A) Lose more users than normal

-B) lose less users than normal

-C) No influence

?

While a game is a service, you shouldn't look at it that way. People will stick around even if it takes weeks for it to get back, even months or years if necessary. Obviously the playerbase will degrade, but at this point, people are still overloading the servers constantly, I doubt NCsoft will reward us with any compensation for the downtimes. I'm still sad they skipped open beta, this could have been a much smoother release if they had atleast tested it with the actual patch and the hordes of players.

1 minute ago, Puppy Pie said:

most games people understand... only a few cry about it.....yet still here they are playing the game and crying on the forums.... so C

Hahaha you completely dodged my question and not once have I cried or demanded something. I'm just defending those who want a compensation because unlike you I realise this will lose a company customers. No point in discussing things with you, go play in traffic.

1 minute ago, Wilk said:

While a game is a service, you shouldn't look at it that way. People will stick around even if it takes weeks for it to get back, even months or years if necessary. Obviously the playerbase will degrade, but at this point, people are still overloading the servers constantly, I doubt NCsoft will reward us with any compensation for the downtimes. I'm still sad they skipped open beta, this could have been a much smoother release if they had atleast tested it with the actual patch and the hordes of players.

The fact is, we lost A LOT of time from our premiums because of the downtimes. Thats normal, it has to happen and they gave a tough decision with skipping the open beta. At least they can give back the lost premium times after those long downtimes. Thats something they can do.

1 minute ago, Lilynetto said:

The fact is, we lost A LOT of time from our premiums because of the downtimes. Thats normal, it has to happen and they gave a tough decision with skipping the open beta. At least they can give back the lost premium times after those long downtimes. Thats something they can do.

They could do alot more, but I'm pretty sure you know just as much as I do, that the chances to even get free day of premium time are very low.

i actually wana see what kind of company is this.Becouse  lets be real  one of us got like me fcked really bad by NA game companys before as EU player.Lets say as example Aeria games. well pardon me i dont trust NA  company releases after losing 800 Euros ....i just wana see if they really are soory about this not automaticly text book sentence what i have seen 100th times .... 1 day premium for all this EU crashes since start isnt much asked but i am not her to beg but to see if they actually  does care about costumers -.- thats the whole point here

2 minutes ago, Centimani said:

Hahaha you completely dodged my question and not once have I cried or demanded something. I'm just defending those who want a compensation because unlike you I realise this will lose a company customers. No point in discussing things with you, go play in traffic.

I did answer your question I said C guess you didn't read the whole thing....

In any game people will grow bored and leave to other games, but new people will come along as well.

but to say they are leaving because they are not getting compensation is just plain stupid.... They are not leaving I'm sure if you friend them you'll see them logging on.... it's just people crying to get free items

Just now, Wilk said:

They could do alot more, but I'm pretty sure you know just as much as I do, that the chances to even get free day of premium time are very low.

Well at the very end, that will be their problem. Because they will be the one who loses the customers and supporters of this game. I'm having lag spikes, unstable connection to the servers and REALLY high latency caused by the NCSoft. There are lots of players suffering from LOTS of problem caused by the game, and this not really helping to keep my motivation up.

Just now, Lilynetto said:

Well at the very end, that will be their problem. Because they will be the one who loses the customers and supporters of this game. I'm having lag spikes, unstable connection to the servers and REALLY high latency caused by the NCSoft. There are lots of players suffering from LOTS of problem caused by the game, and this not really helping to keep my motivation up.

You are not telling me anything new there. This version, for whatever reason, runs alot worse than any other version I played, even though the server is (is supposed to be) in germany, I have a horribly unstable connection as well. Performance is meh, openworld stuff is plagued with issues anyway, I hardly see anyone not complaining about toasterfps when doing anything there.

There are a shitton of issues if you ask me, fortunately for me I spend most of my time in the arena, so I dodge alot of these issues, but even then, it annoys me when I engage these kind of activities.

I did answer your question I said C guess you didn't read the whole thing....

In any game people will grow bored and leave to other games, but new people will come along as well.

but to say they are leaving because they are not getting compensation is just plain stupid.... They are not leaving I'm sure if you friend them you'll see them logging on.... it's just people crying to get free items

The thing is, that can happen and thats not you to criticize his decision in this way. I have waited 5 years for this game, played in distant servers for 2 years over 300 ping now the game is here, with horrible server stability, high latency and bad optimization + horrible compensation. And its not about circulating players puppy pie (btw soooo cute nickname) ,

its having a constant player base and community to keep the game alive. Why do you think WoW challenged the time that much for years?

2 minutes ago, Lilynetto said:

If you wanted to play blade and soul with little to no problems than it was stupid of you to start playing when it came out..... so quit wait a few months than come back

example when AA first opened it crashed day after day than once went down for over a week

PSN crashed for over a month

Xbox went down for a few days

WoW crashes after almost every new expansion

Tera crashed on opening day

Aion crashed during the first few weeks

heck even WAY back in the day runescape crashed

speaking of way back in the day Neopets even went down for weeks!

54 minutes ago, 899697_1452550651 said:

Hi. Because case concerns not only me, but the other players too, so I writing it publicly.

I'm one of these players who don't have so much time to play (working etc.), and that is one of reasons why I bought Premium Membership (queue etc...).

...And when I can finally come back to home to play a bit - there is another problem... -.-

Even worse thing is the counting down time of Premium, regardless being online or not.

- So my question is - Do we get any reasonable compensation for that lose?

Because if you wanna grant exactly same (additional) time to Premiums, as a time of server down, then you can put such compensation in 3 letters.

When I suppose to use this given back Premium time? While sleeping, working? I have also real life and my daily stuff to do.

Weekly I can reserve only specific hours for gaming. And this time was taken by you. Thank You NCSoft

I just wonder why NA don't have such problems... Waiting for answer from Admins.

Regards, 899697_1452550651.

635640923184683334.png

1 minute ago, Lilynetto said:

The thing is, that can happen and thats not you to criticize his decision in this way. I have waited 5 years for this game, played in distant servers for 2 years over 300 ping now the game is here, with horrible server stability, high latency and bad optimization + horrible compensation. And its not about circulating players puppy pie (btw soooo cute nickname) ,

its having a constant player base and community to keep the game alive. Why do you think WoW challenged the time that much for years?

but even wow crashes during new expansion and rarely give compensation because of that..

my advice to you would be to quit and come back in a few months when things have evened out.

Thanks about the name although I wish I could change it lol.

22 minutes ago, SeiLee said:

i'm premium and i don't feel entitled to compensation. 15 bucks for a month. all in all 1 day no playtime due to connection/ maintenance.. so what.. you think they need to give me 1euro? not worth the effort man.

You're bourgeois. I am selling women shoes and i don't earn well! RESPECT THAT MOTHER*cricket*ER!

If you wanted to play blade and soul with little to no problems than it was stupid of you to start playing when it came out..... so quit wait a few months than come back

example when AA first opened it crashed day after day than once went down for over a week

PSN crashed for over a month

Xbox went down for a few days

WoW crashes after almost every new expansion

Tera crashed on opening day

Aion crashed during the first few weeks

heck even WAY back in the day runescape crashed

speaking of way back in the day Neopets even went down for weeks!

I've already said that crashes has to happen. Thats not the point. NCSoft is acting really careless about the problems and the feedbacks. Their customer support is huge - atm. I'm not counting their comebacks and the refunding or xtra premium days. They have lots of problems that should be solved atm, rather then the technical problems but  the communication and compensation issues.

Archived