Forums

Master Founder Metal Gear Weapon Discussion

FaultLine

Greetings.

This is a request meant to NCSoft, but feel free to discuss this matter with me and others and share your thoughts.

So we all know that the Master Founder Pack gave us two outfits, a head adornment and one Metal Gear Weapon Box. The Costumes are freely moved between the characters, and that's all good. Just being able to send the costume to whatever character you want it on at that moment is fine, imo, no need to get multiple costumes.

However, with the current glamour weapon system, with the weapon completely being "consumed" for it's looks, it's hard to not have negative thoughts about it.

First of all, it would be nice to have the option to change your weapon glamour without losing the weapon itself, or if the Metal Gear weapon was somehow "permanent" and could be claimed at any time, multiple times, from the "Received Items" tab. That would be the optimal solution, if you ask me. Having infinite amount of boxes to claim, on any character, so you can switch your weapon's appearance freely, from Metal Gear, to something else, then back again if you wish to do so, on any character you have.

The other way that I would still be okay with is giving us 7 Boxes of the weapon. One for each character, as all Master Founders has 7 character slots. Of course, this would mean if a person chooses to have multiple characters of the same class, it would indeed be possible to get 7 "Metal Gear Sword"s, but as a person of many trades, I have one of each class, and it feels crappy having the Founders weapon on only ONE, when it should be on all.

NCSoft, this really shouldn't be a hard thing to do. I understand that an infinite item to claim might be hard to fix, but at least give us one box for each character slot, so we have something to work with, instead of being forced to pick ONE character that gets the appearance.

To all others, what do you think could be a solution? Thoughts about my solution? Agree/Disagree? Discuss!

On 01/02/2016 at 8:24 PM, SoullessEgo said:

This reply isn't well thought out. I just wanted to say that I agree, and that I have the exact same feelings. Was going to make a post like this myself, then I saw yours. Thanks for posting about this, I feel that it's important.

Just agreeing if fine enough for posting, no need for a well thought opinion other than that!

It seemed more than I thought of the same thing, so decided to make the post, I hope it gets recognized by NCsoft, though.

On 01/02/2016 at 9:15 PM, FriskyGuillotine said:

Metal...Gear?

The Founder Weapons are called "Metal Gear __", i.e "Metal Gear Gauntlet", "Metal Gear Staff" and so on.

On 01/02/2016 at 9:33 PM, Nisien said:

I gave up on having any use for that weapon glamour. I should have redeemed the box on my destroyer and sent everything but that glamour over to my BM, but, oh well.

If you ask the support kindly they might be able to transfer it for you. Give it a shot!

4 minutes ago, GrimmGames said:

To make matters worse, they sell weapon skins in the cash shop, which are also fire-and-forget single-use.

Yeah, I feel they should put in some sort of system to make both the Metal-Gear and bought glamours from the shop more.. "permanent" somehow. I want to be able to freely choose and go back to an old glamour without paying the same price again..

31 minutes ago, SrBeBop said:

Totally agrre I was one of these ppl on the Head Start that use the exclusive Master Pack Skin Wep .

Remove it to view the difference between the old and my new skin and then Puf.. My skin Was gone  0728.gif

You should contact support about that and ask for a refund of the weapon. They should be able to assist you.

Archived