Locked Countrys

Silverwell

9 minutes ago, Houlon said:

EU means European Union.

Are you really going to argue that?

In this case, it means Europe. Since Countries inside Europe can play the game but not be a member of European Union. (Norway as an example) There is, of course, other Agreements and trading agreements within Europe itself. But that is not we are talking about now. 

Just now, Noobest said:

Neither is Israel (where I'm from) and I can play just fine <_<

Yeah but argument Georgia is part of eu is not valid. If they decide to lift ip lock from them its then they do but saying "we're part of eu we want play" its not argumen when its not even tue

Just now, Ninfu said:

Yeah but argument Georgia is part of eu is not valid. If they decide to lift ip lock from them its then they do but saying "we're part of eu we want play" its not argumen when its not even tue

Yeah I agree, it's not because of that reason.

First of all you would need to find out which country has innova license for.They could have apply to have all the countries that were part of the former ussr or even to all former Comecon countries and then see if georgia is part of it.If it is then those  country have to play on russian server and NcSoft west couldn't say ok we gonna take them.

I will quote:

New Partnership with Innova.
NCSOFT has established a partnership with Innova to bring a Russian language version of Blade & Soul to the countries of Armenia,Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova,Russia, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.

Pretty much wraps it up.

Ow my.

Georgia got thrown in the same area as Russia. You want to play BnS without VPN you have to use the Russian client. 

Also when it comes to (EU) servers it does not stand for European Union. It simply is a designation that the servers are recommended for players in Europe. The same as NA stands as recommended for players in (North) America. It's a MMORPG. In this case : stop making more of those two letters then it is.

13 minutes ago, Kirameki said:

Ow my.

Georgia got thrown in the same area as Russia. You want to play BnS without VPN you have to use the Russian client. 

Also when it comes to (EU) servers it does not stand for European Union. It simply is a designation that the servers are recommended for players in Europe. The same as NA stands as recommended for players in (North) America. It's a MMORPG. In this case : stop making more of those two letters then it is.

Well, it's good to have a Russian server but I'm against the idea of a region lock for those people who got thrown in a bunch with Russia. If they want to play on EU instead of Russia they should be able to. They could have friends from EU that they play other games with, locking them out is a bad thing to do :(

It has nothing to do with politics or even geography. First of all it's not up to NCWest to decide whether to IP block countries or not, NCWest is just a subsidiary or NCSoft, which is headquartered in Korea.

Now, as for why BnS was licensed to Innova, it all has to do with money: you see, to legally charge people for services, you need some kind of legal/economic reference with that country (having offices there would do, but it's not really needed as long as you've got your taxes covered and you're aknowledged by the state as a business). I would suppose that historically NCSoft didn't bother to expand its business in Eastern European countries, and as such, it has never bothered setting up the economic/legal stuff required to provide services to those countries.

In such situation it's just unreasonable to expect them to take the hassle and cost of doing that rather than licensing the game to a publisher who's allowed to work in those countries.

Thank you guys for ur replays but problem is that Georgia Hasnt ever banned by NCsoft in other games, there is AION, Guild Wars and Wildstar servers  but we can play on NA or Eu or Russian... its our choice but in BnS we got IP block :/ its unfair

you can see CIS map we arent here :

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Содружество_Независимых_Государств

Capture.png

Archived