BnS VS WoW

Lanaticos

Better is subjective. WoW offers an entirely different experience than BnS. Frankly, if PvP is not something you're overly interested then BnS will likely bore you as its PvE content leaves a lot to be desired. On the flip side, if you love action oriented combat, BnS has arguably one of the best systems on the market.  Ultimately, there will never be a "WoW killer" per se. FFXIV is the closest to achieving that feat, yet skill lags behind noticeably. BnS will carve out a nice niche for itself, but it won't challenge the juggernauts. And that's fine, really.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for Camelot Unchained (spiritual successor of the old Dark Age of Camelot).

Camelot Unchained is kinda my last hope in finding a good MMO in todays age. I like some stuff in BnS but I will drop it in a heartbeat once CU is in beta / released.

1. wow and BnS are completely diferente in gameplay and so many ways its silly to ask who is better.

2.asking this question in BnS forum is lame.what will be the answer if you ask same question in WOW forums?

P.S. to people who said WOW is dead, calling a game with 5 mil active subs dead is idiotic.bns current na/eu player count is not even 100k btw,

Ah, baiting the mindless righteous "new mmo bandwagoners" out I see. Very clever considering they validate their choice of games by saying, "Screw statistics, I'll use my powers of opinion to state THIS is better over THAT". Just keep in mind which game kept millions paying $15 monthly for over a decade, shall we? That's the true test of superiority, as "content" is subjective.

WoW and BnS not really in same group to compere each other. It feels like same with comparing BnS to Counter Strike. As those 3 titles even plays completely different.

Every game has its goods and bads. You usually don't even need to choose either except you need to pay just to login wow. If you can still enjoy pressing frostbolt from safe spot straight 10min to down "boss", sure, you can still enjoy wow. Or in pvp, if you prefer proper setup over what class you actually wanted to be, you may still enjoy wow. 

In return, you have to actively monitoring what you are doing when engaging "boss". Ignoring game mechanics once or twice will be fatal and cost to your own groups capability. Thus, engaging boss will require bit of focus, atleast you should able to say or type your name properly. Same goes for pvp usually. You need to watch your opponent actions to caunter it properly. Otherwise, you usually end up with a lost round pretty fast. 

Btw, for some reason, everyone comparing wow "content" to other games. That makes me wonder, what that big content all thes players are mentioning to. Wow always have had season based "main" content. Usually one , rarely two raid zone with 4 to 13 boss so far i can remember. Other then those "main" content, whole older season content, as being useless pretty much anymore, can't be touched unless it can be soloed by overlevel characters just get out of boredom. And i don't really think, anyone in wow, would be doing all those old and new raids weekly, just for sake of it. Majority actually just prefer sitting in their home, sending their npcs to earn some gold or jump around in any of major cities. And join those seasonal boss fights once a week.

I play both. I like both. Simple as that. They can both easily coexist with each other. This kind of comparisions are bull.

6 minutes ago, Soth said:

Btw, for some reason, everyone comparing wow "content" to other games. That makes me wonder, what that big content all thes players are mentioning to. Wow always have had season based "main" content. Usually one , rarely two raid zone with 4 to 13 boss so far i can remember. Other then those "main" content, whole older season content, as being useless pretty much anymore, can't be touched unless it can be soloed by overlevel characters just get out of boredom. And i don't really think, anyone in wow, would be doing all those old and new raids weekly, just for sake of it. Majority actually just prefer sitting in their home, sending their npcs to earn some gold or jump around in any of major cities. And join those seasonal boss fights once a week.

Well its depending what kind of content and how that content is working. Lets take the current raid content of WoW. Which would be Hellfire Citadel. Clearing it on LFR takes around 4hrs (mostly queue times). Progressing through the entire thing from starting up until the final boss on the highest difficulty is dead takes months (considering the final boss still usualy wont go down before 200-300 attempts even after the soft nerfs via gear). There are way too many things to consider (then theres PvP which is well, endless content. Or pet battles njada njada njada) to be able to compare them.

As i said. Comparing them is bull. You either you like it or you dont. Simple as that

2 hours ago, Goji said:

Not sure if you're trying to imply something about World of Warcraft here, but in terms of content AND polish no other MMO can touch that game.  I'd also say both WoW and BnS are comparably dated.

Are you saying that EverQuest1/2 are losing to WoW in terms of CONTENT and polish?

58 minutes ago, Yed said:

I can't wait for Camelot Unchained (spiritual successor of the old Dark Age of Camelot).

Camelot Unchained is kinda my last hope in finding a good MMO in todays age. I like some stuff in BnS but I will drop it in a heartbeat once CU is in beta / released.

I saw a couple of videos of that thing and almost puked. But hey that's your taste.

6 minutes ago, Bladez said:

I saw a couple of videos of that thing and almost puked. But hey that's your taste.

Sure, the graphics might not be 2016, but I choose gameplay over graphics any day. Sandbox > Themepark in my opinion. Also, all videos you have seen is very early Alpha footage, it's not polished at all and they haven't worked on the models and graphics yet, but the engine and its capabilities are one of the best I have ever seen. I have to say though CU will be definitely mostly an MMORPG for those that love big battles with hundreds of people, sieging player-build castles and all, working together with your guild. There will be no boring questing, no mob grind, just PvP, war and crafting. Subcription only, no cash shop. I am really hoping a lot for this game and if CU fails me, I have lost all hopes in finding a good MMO that can grasp me like older MMOs used to be able to do.

On 2/1/2016 at 7:15 AM, Goji said:

Not sure if you're trying to imply something about World of Warcraft here, but in terms of content AND polish no other MMO can touch that game.  I'd also say both WoW and BnS are comparably dated.

Judging by the way youre making that statement id say you havnt tried the game i mentioned yet

I was only saying that there are other high content games

Imo WoW isnt as good as many say, but that has nothing to do with my last post

Archived