So what's the counter to assassin stealth attack spam ?

Ottis

Hi I'm actually playing a KFM and here's my issue, assassin are just spamming RMB while stealthed and I can't seems to be able to do anything if just to wait for them to unstealth.

If I try to fight back I just don't hit them, while I see their animation on my screen it's like my hits are ignored, if I try to counter I get stunned instantly, so anyone can tell me what's the way to manage that ?

On a side note I just had it happens in  open world  pvp too, same scenario but worse, assassin never run out of  focus and I can't fight  back, it's like fighting a ghost that can damage me while my hits go through it.

Supposely sin is the 2nd hardest to play class but from what I saw it's just about stealth and RMB spam while being immune to single target attacks, so it's kinda far from the "can't miss a combo, gotta time everything perfectly...etc" that sin gameplay is supposed to be.

At the moment what I feel is that it's a bit of a stupid mechanic that hitting someone from stealth don't put the assassin out of stealth.

Thanks all

10 minutes ago, Ottis said:

Hi I'm actually playing a KFM and here's my issue, assassin are just spamming RMB while stealthed and I can't seems to be able to do anything if just to wait for them to unstealth.

If I try to fight back I just don't hit them, while I see their animation on my screen it's like my hits are ignored, if I try to counter I get stunned instantly, so anyone can tell me what's the way to manage that ?

On a side note I just had it happens in  open world  pvp too, same scenario but worse, assassin never run out of  focus and I can't fight  back, it's like fighting a ghost that can damage me while my hits go through it.

Supposely sin is the 2nd hardest to play class but from what I saw it's just about stealth and RMB spam while being immune to single target attacks, so it's kinda far from the "can't miss a combo, gotta time everything perfectly...etc" that sin gameplay is supposed to be.

At the moment what I feel is that it's a bit of a stupid mechanic that hitting someone from stealth don't put the assassin out of stealth.

Thanks all

You can block if you're not stunned. If you're specced for the stun on block it should help, also any aoe or cone attack can knock them out. I'd also recommend kiting as stealth only lasts 6 seconds until they have to figure out how to refresh. Others more familiar with KFM will probably have better advice.

Hey thanks for answer, the problem with my counter skill is that ennemies right click bypass it why an instant stun, and leave it on cooldown for 6second, so against a sin spamming stealthed attack it doesn't works but I just noticed the elbow smash upgrade if that's the one you're talking about I'll give it a try right now :)

For now my best bet like you said is to run until unstealthed but I still take damage as they follow me and can freely cc me, because I can only use SS and I'm not able to use left and right dodge as I need a target to do that.

About aoe and cone, yes those are the only skills I'm able to hit  them with during their stealth, but those skills have a big cooldown and sin can re-use stealth sooner than I get those cooldown back, not to mention the times I'm wasting those skill when I see "resisted" on that stealthed target, I'm still trying to figure what is making them resist my aoe skill in stealth as it's supposed to be my only counter to them with a 30+sec cooldown.

Yeah I thought they had to be targeted as well. So this is not a solution. I have been toying around with something that I find is pretty effective against assassin. When we get our hongmoon skills we get an 8 meter range on our Rising Dragon. This got me thinking about what we can use right now. If you want a similar effect without the stun you can spec the 2nd branch of Tremor for the aoe pull and ground effect. This will pull anything within 8 meters and pulls it interrupts their abilities. Let me know what you think about this when you try it. :)

On 2/1/2016 at 9:57 AM, PsyFu said:

Yeah I thought they had to be targeted as well. So this is not a solution. I have been toying around with something that I find is pretty effective against assassin. When we get our hongmoon skills we get an 8 meter range on our Rising Dragon. This got me thinking about what we can use right now. If you want a similar effect without the stun you can spec the 2nd branch of Tremor for the aoe pull and ground effect. This will pull anything within 8 meters and pulls it interrupts their abilities. Let me know what you think about this when you try it. :)

That's a decent idea but I don't like giving up my largest stun.  Just keep practicing and learning and wait for the next update.  It gets a lot more balanced.

Just learn how to play with stealth and you are fine. There is 2 thing about stealth. assassin can only attack you using rnb + F when they are near you which mean u dont have to worry as much when they are away from you (im very sure that when we are in stealth we are not invisible at all, we just immune to single target attack) 2st thing of stealth is when they are away from u have to block/counter that ''shadow shuriken'' when u got it countered, you are so fine from their combo cuz when u got it hit they will follow up with daze skill and start their combo so that ''shadow shuriken'' is very important to block. Another skill which they can stun and blind u have 1min cd soo u dont really need to worry about that but you also can dodge this skill using ''ss'' when u time it right. It animation look like they gonna jump in your head and vanish after that, when u see they gonna jump in your head just try to dodge that by ss fast

I have seen some KFM using ice prison to lock a assassin when in stealth and it work very well i think. 

13 hours ago, NiiaZa said:

Just learn how to play with stealth and you are fine. There is 2 thing about stealth. assassin can only attack you using rnb + F when they are near you which mean u dont have to worry as much when they are away from you (im very sure that when we are in stealth we are not invisible at all, we just immune to single target attack) 2st thing of stealth is when they are away from u have to block/counter that ''shadow shuriken'' when u got it countered, you are so fine from their combo cuz when u got it hit they will follow up with daze skill and start their combo so that ''shadow shuriken'' is very important to block. Another skill which they can stun and blind u have 1min cd soo u dont really need to worry about that but you also can dodge this skill using ''ss'' when u time it right. It animation look like they gonna jump in your head and vanish after that, when u see they gonna jump in your head just try to dodge that by ss fast

I have seen some KFM using ice prison to lock a assassin when in stealth and it work very well i think. 

Omg this is so helpful! Thank you!

For example I didn't know that single target wouldn't take you out of stealth. The rmb you speak of is the one where they go behind you? The problem with this skill is it's only a 6 sec cd so hard to deal with it every 6 seconds.

Some of the advice I got as a KFM when playing Assassins (I'm not amazing yet) is that lightning invis is very focus heavy, and that they regain a lot of focus when you hit their counter. Be very careful when attacking them on the ground, and make sure you don't gapclose straight into their counter ability (then you'll have a bad time).

Oh, and ice prison is really cool too, although I'm such a big fan of grappling that I have a hard time not taking it :P

Noo when i said immune to single target attack i also meaned that u cant target assassin when they are in stealth so u need to use some ability which are none targeting aoe attack ( it is what im saying). Like when they are in stealth and near you trying to use ice prison, and when they are away from you try to use some aoe/stomp attack it will reveal they out of stealth when they take enough dps.

Dont use your counter very often when they are in stealth or you will get a trouble. cuz they can break your counter. About rnb i dont really understand what are you saying but assassin RnB is just a normal attack which deal very high dps. There is a ton of way an assassin can go behind you and there are ''Q'', ''Shadow shuriken'' if u got hit, their ''F'', Their ''Decoy'', their ''TaB + 1'' and im sure there is more, try to use ''Q'', ''E'', ''SS'', or aoe attack when they go behind you.

The time when u can stun-lock and kill an assassin is the time when they already used their TaB escape so try to remember in mind if they already used their Tab, its the time when u can go all in with ur full combo

5 hours ago, Madame said:

Some of the advice I got as a KFM when playing Assassins (I'm not amazing yet) is that lightning invis is very focus heavy, and that they regain a lot of focus when you hit their counter. Be very careful when attacking them on the ground, and make sure you don't gapclose straight into their counter ability (then you'll have a bad time).

Oh, and ice prison is really cool too, although I'm such a big fan of grappling that I have a hard time not taking it :P

Honestly its not focus heavy they can regen it faster than they spend it with crits. I can usually RB+F spam 2-3 stealths before I need to really do something to regain focus.

Archived