Party Bidding System

WelkinDust

I have enjoyed this game so much more than most MMOs I've tried in the past few years. The characters and setting are amazing. Combat is pretty good, though lag spikes kill me pretty often. I like the story and everything.

But I just ran my first group dungeon and encountered the party bidding system. You PAY to bid on an item, seriously? And it just keeps going up? What ever happened to random dice rolls? And how in the world can ANYONE NOT SEE that this is obviously Pay-To-Win? People who pay real money for Premium to get extra in-game money, or even those who buy gold from the spammers, clearly have an advantage in EVERY group because they can just bid as much as they want while the rest of the players can't. Who in the world came up with such a system in the first place??? I'm just... flabbergasted. I've never encountered something like this and it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. My character is *cricket*-poor and don't want to spend even a few copper on an item so obviously I'm never going to win anything. And I can't solo these instances, obviously. So I'm totally SOL. 

I'm so disappointed. This is an otherwise great game but I'll probably just quit now because of this utterly ridiculous system. Such a shame.

Helps manage the economy in that it is a gold sink.  Once you get to a certain point the amount of gold required to sink into enhancing weapons decreases so then you get a glut of gold being held by players.  Its simple economics. 

Since you said you just got to your first dungeon, I'm guessing you got close to 20 or are at 20.  If you want a fair shot at items find friends or make friends with other players.  If you didn't realize this is a community game.  

1 minute ago, Syko said:

You know you get a share of what they pay for that item right? So the higher other people bid on the items, the more gold you get. How is that a bad thing?

Its really not a bad thing. I got someone to bid 60 silver on 3 infernal horn earlier and made a nice little profit off it.  

5 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

Why do I log onto this forum after that cancerous CBT ends.

Ever heard of wealth distribution?

Seriously? This idiotic topic again?

I wasn't in the beta test. I just started this game 2 days ago. I searched for a thread on this topic but nothing came up. So excuse me, jeez.

4 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Helps manage the economy in that it is a gold sink.  Once you get to a certain point the amount of gold required to sink into enhancing weapons decreases so then you get a glut of gold being held by players.  Its simple economics. 

Are you aware that it's not a gold sink? Windstriding, various fees for everything are a gold sink, bidding isn't because the money bid are given to the bid loosers.

19 minutes ago, WelkinDust said:

I have enjoyed this game so much more than most MMOs I've tried in the past few years. The characters and setting are amazing. Combat is pretty good, though lag spikes kill me pretty often. I like the story and everything.

But I just ran my first group dungeon and encountered the party bidding system. You PAY to bid on an item, seriously? And it just keeps going up? What ever happened to random dice rolls? And how in the world can ANYONE NOT SEE that this is obviously Pay-To-Win? People who pay real money for Premium to get extra in-game money, or even those who buy gold from the spammers, clearly have an advantage in EVERY group because they can just bid as much as they want while the rest of the players can't. Who in the world came up with such a system in the first place??? I'm just... flabbergasted. I've never encountered something like this and it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. My character is *cricket*-poor and don't want to spend even a few copper on an item so obviously I'm never going to win anything. And I can't solo these instances, obviously. So I'm totally SOL. 

I'm so disappointed. This is an otherwise great game but I'll probably just quit now because of this utterly ridiculous system. Such a shame.

First step is to ignore the angry and bitter veteran white knights, they will belittle you and try to make you think your questions are invalid.

Second is to understand you do no have to bid on those items, you may feel you want to but you dont.

Third is to get in a guild and party for those dungeons where you need a weapon upgrade and run it with other people who are not jerks.

Just remember, you should be having fun, not worrying about what angry small minded people say about you on a forum, get in a good guild and enjoy the game.

most of the loot (but not all, usually weapons, jewelery, soulshields, and crafting mats) in the dungeon will also pop out of the treasure chest you get at the end before you leave the dungeon, should you not win/afford to win anything

Here are some basic tips to help you to bid:

- Only bid what you really want or need in a good spirit of sportsmanship and people would respect you for that.

- If you don't want to bid anymore please press the 'Pass' button so people wouldn't have to wait the timer to end. 

- Start your bid at least 2/3 of the market price or how much you are willing to spend on it. It would greatly reduce the chance of bid opportunist and show that you're generous to the team. No one wants to wait for a bid of 1 copper per seconds. Start it fair and no one get upset.

- If someone is purposely tricks you with their bid, let them have the item they don't need and take their money.

- If you want your share from a bid, don't leave current area or dungeon.

(add your tips)

47 minutes ago, WelkinDust said:

the system is fair. the winner pay all other party member equally.

so if the winner wins by bidding an item with a market value of 50g, that 50g is divided with 5 other people. that nets each people 10g.

in 5 runs that same person can get 50g. to outbid the same item with a market value of 50g.

which is OK in my opinion. in a 'roll the dice' system. a very lucky guy can get all the gear in 1 run. and that's not fair with the other unlucky people that already do the run 100 times. but lost the roll 100 times.

this bidding system makes sure people work their asses and not just depends on their luck.

but well, if you don't agree with this system, please quit now. and never look back, cause no one in the game care about you anyway.

7 hours ago, chinmi said:

the system is fair. the winner pay all other party member equally.

so if the winner wins by bidding an item with a market value of 50g, that 50g is divided with 5 other people. that nets each people 10g.

in 5 runs that same person can get 50g. to outbid the same item with a market value of 50g.

which is OK in my opinion. in a 'roll the dice' system. a very lucky guy can get all the gear in 1 run. and that's not fair with the other unlucky people that already do the run 100 times. but lost the roll 100 times.

this bidding system makes sure people work their asses and not just depends on their luck.

but well, if you don't agree with this system, please quit now. and never look back, cause no one in the game care about you anyway.

Except the stuff worth 50g never drops and on top of that you have to deal with shady people changing the loot rules right before boss dies so they get all the loot. Shit system is shit. I'd rather have a need before greed system and them up currency acquired and item drop rates.

8 hours ago, Zarec said:

Since you said you just got to your first dungeon, I'm guessing you got close to 20 or are at 20.  If you want a fair shot at items find friends or make friends with other players.  If you didn't realize this is a community game.  

exactly what this fella said. Its actually a good method that all MMO's should use.

u can ask the people to pass the items u need in exchange for u passing items they need. Make friends and dont worry about loot.

But sometimes its profitable when 2 people start a bidding war.

PS:

.Dante. & Trish from DN pm me :)

The loot system can be a double edged sword. It is a unique aspect to this game, so I've adapted to it, but seeing something you would like or need and to have another player with more money keeping out of reach to spite you is annoying.  Personally, I usually run dungeons and hope for a costume drop or recipe drop so I can make some nice money.   A merry potter recipe bidding war that jumped up to 70g is one of my favorite dungeons runs. PoH costume drops are another lucrative source of income.   

I hope I don't sound like some white knight. Just saying the system is how it is, might as well make lemonade.

The biggest problem I have with the loot bidding system is it just takes too darn long. Many many times already I've seen 2-3 players taking a really long time to bid on one item while the rest of the group runs ahead and keeps on fighting. Leaves you in a bad spot wondering if you should move ahead with the group, or stay behind with the bidders. It's quite weird imo. Especially in the dungeons with the fire traps that kill those bidders as they are trying to catch up to the group because one impatient jerk starts the next boss fight without them. Very strange system imo. Why don't they just hold the bidding until the very end of the dungeon run?

8 hours ago, WelkinDust said:

Great toxic community too. I guess this game really isn't all I hoped it would be. Suddenly I remember why I quit MMOs. Thanks.

Welcome to the internet, perhaps you should quit the internet as a whole.... It's toxic no matter where you go that involves interacting with people.

Anyway @ TC do you prefer to walk out of a dungeon empty handed with nothing to show for your time because of a bad roll, or do you prefer to walk out of a dungeon richer because someone decided to bid a stupid amount of gold? 

9 hours ago, WelkinDust said:

You PAY to bid on an item, seriously? And it just keeps going up? What ever happened to random dice rolls? And how in the world can ANYONE NOT SEE that this is obviously Pay-To-Win?

pointed. This is an otherwise great game but I'll probably just quit now because of this utterly ridiculous system. Such a shame.

Clearly, currently you lack understand about the system. Yes, it is pay-2-win. The winner bidder pays *me*.

This should help you a bit:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/140405-dungeon-loot-p2w/page-4#entry1424548

I kinda like it actually, it's a system I've seen used in wow too (managed by the players, not the system).

My only real problem with the system is how someone can suddenly spike the bids really high right as you were going to make a bid of your own and making you pay more than you intended. If someone makes a bid there should be a short lockout (like 0.5 seconds) until anyone can make another bid, make it ramp up a bit faster so it doesn't slow down the process too much.

10 hours ago, WelkinDust said:

I wasn't in the beta test. I just started this game 2 days ago. I searched for a thread on this topic but nothing came up. So excuse me, jeez.

What did you search? There's a plethora of threads on the bidding system, maybe not specifically your issue but a lot of them bring it up throughout the thread. Searching "bidding" and loosely "auction" bring up this topic and topics related. Either way, it's been explained already..it's pretty much an in-dungeon auction system but only if you "lose" will you get a cut, a lot of people will purposely raise the bid to "trap" a player who is just spamming Y for shits and giggles so you can make a decent profit off of their foolishness/greediness.

well if someone in the dungeon got some loot, it's all because of the other 5 people. not only based on his luck. so he pay for other people effort. it's fair for the other...

oh in case you didn't realize, will say it again... the winner pay all the other member of the group.

Archived