Classes and animation cancelling

I have been playing KFM for a bit, but after watching a few PvP videos I have seen that they use a lot of animation cancelling and I am not really into that. (I don't mind the mechanics; it just looks silly to me)

So my question is: Which classes use the least amount of animation cancelling? In both PvP and PvE.

I read that Blade Master rarely use cancelling in PvP, but sometimes in PvE if they have enough chi-gain?

disclaimer: I don't mind animation cancelling at all as a mechanic. I am not opposed to the concept. This is not a "should be fixed"-thread (I know it's intended and that's ok)

Just now, PrinceMarcus said:

ur asking the wrong question...

you have to ask 1st... how low, how really low does your ping/latency needs to be able to anicancel?

now move on kebab...

Actually, I asked the question I am looking for an answer to :)

1 minute ago, 1017 said:

Actually, I asked the question I am looking for an answer to :)

omfg.. heres ur answer...

all class can use anicancel. if u dont have a low ping, u cant use it. So whats the FQNG point of asking what class? or what least? 

okay let me give u a kebab with bbq sauce and say you have 1ms latency, surely u can do all anicancel right? yeah right... no... if u did not take that skill or its sub skill then u cant do the ani cancel which requires that skill...

now, if u wanna know which one have the lowest count of ani cancel... try summoner..they dont need anicancel.

4 hours ago, 1017 said:

I have been playing KFM for a bit, but after watching a few PvP videos I have seen that they use a lot of animation cancelling and I am not really into that. (I don't mind the mechanics; it just looks silly to me)

So my question is: Which classes use the least amount of animation cancelling? In both PvP and PvE.

I read that Blade Master rarely use cancelling in PvP, but sometimes in PvE if they have enough chi-gain?

disclaimer: I don't mind animation cancelling at all as a mechanic. I am not opposed to the concept. This is not a "should be fixed"-thread (I know it's intended and that's ok)

Destroyer, assassin, and KFM are the ones that are probably the ones that need/do it the most.

Summoner, FM, BD, and BM you can get away with not doing it.

Actually Summoners use ani-cancel quite alot to gain higher fps with sunbeam and main attack.

In pvp - once I disable my opponent, ani-cancel dps cannon fires and helps compete in the race if my opponent dies before my cat does. (and in the case the cat dies, I am pretty screwed unless my opponent doesn´t have alot hp left).

In PVE it helps on bosses. I outdamage alot of people this way - even steal aggro from boss unintended at times - which is the quite annyoing side-effect.

I havent got it down to excact science. But I believe the sunbeam can be spammed faster too with ani-cancel. Right now I can use anicancel to shoot a double skill more or less. Sunbean + normal attack will shoot at same time with anicancel - but sometimes I can shoot sunbeam at faster rate. I can see from animation and hear from the sound that it goes off in pairs alot faster. Not frequently - but around 5% of the times.

In the same vein as that, my FM does the same sort of thing to fire a flame beam (not sure if that's the actual name since I'm not looking right now) and a normal attack together. And that is in PvE, as I don't PvP much with my FM. If I have my timing right though they fire as one.

On the other hand my PvE specced Summoner gets little to no benefit from animation canceling.

in-case you want to know for assassins.

you need heartstab at least on stage 4 since it removes the casting time so basically if you effectively use LMB + RMB combination in a row you can ani-cancel and hit your
opponent super fast, the requirement is best meet when you stun or daze an opponent. but yeah connection is important too :)

For blade master, what I know is that divebomb, the damaging alternative to stomp, can cancel pretty much any animation pretty easily; for anything else I can't say since I never even tried this kind of dps maxing, I want to enjoy the combat, not turn it into a math problem or something.

45 minutes ago, 1017 said:

Thanks a lot for the answers so far!

This is very helpful for me in my class selection!

Does anyone know about Blade Master and Bladedancer?

if you want to select for a class, just try them out.
since every class has it's strong points and it's weak points there is no class that stands above the other it's all about how you utilize your class to the fullest.

1 minute ago, ShakaAlek said:

For blade master, what I know is that divebomb, the damaging alternative to stomp, can cancel pretty much any animation pretty easily; for anything else I can't say since I never even tried this kind of dps maxing, I want to enjoy the combat, not turn it into a math problem or something.

That is exactly what I want to do, but I don't want to play a class that gets gimped or less than optimal because of it.

If a class uses too much animation cancelling in its core rotations it would ruin it for me. (Like KFM and Destroyer)

6 minutes ago, 1017 said:

That is exactly what I want to do, but I don't want to play a class that gets gimped or less than optimal because of it.

If a class uses too much animation cancelling in its core rotations it would ruin it for me. (Like KFM and Destroyer)

I don't feel gimped, but the again I don't know at which point I would feel that, since I don't play pvp and haven't tried other classes. In pve so far the only thing I haven't done is 4-man supply chain, and for the rest I almost never felt useless, just a couple of times on the first run of a dungeon cause I didn't know what to expect.

54 minutes ago, 1017 said:

Thanks a lot for the answers so far!

This is very helpful for me in my class selection!

Does anyone know about Blade Master and Bladedancer?

Blade Dancer uses animation cancel in PvE in draw stance with LMB + F (Flicker + Lightning Slash) for high damage output. Not sure about it's viability in PvP since I don't do it.

4 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

Blade Dancer uses animation cancel in PvE in draw stance with LMB + F (Flicker + Lightning Slash) for high damage output. Not sure about it's viability in PvP since I don't do it.

I've seen it in Arena as well with the draw stance usually is effective when the opponent has no more escape skills available or is stun locked for a long time you can just spam flicker + lightning slash for days xD

I am interested in this as well. I enjoy experiencing the combat just as much as playing and cancelling like with the destroyer just doesn't feel right to me (the hit visually doesn't connect even though the damage is applied).

So basically FM, BD and BM do it the least, right?

On 2/1/2016 at 3:46 AM, PrinceMarcus said:

ur asking the wrong question...

you have to ask 1st... how low, how really low does your ping/latency needs to be able to anicancel?

now move on kebab...

what makes you think players with low ping are not able to utilize  animation canceling skills? it is useful to anyone who can master it for a higher burst speed, when it comes time to burn a boss or after you get the opponent CC'd, animation canceling has to do with attack speed, low ping is always going to be the best tool in your toolkit. But animation canceling has more so to do with the time the skill starts and end and game starts processing your next button push for the next skill. Unreal engine using a skill priority. it will see you pressing 1,2,3 but if 1 hasn't finshed and you push 2 to soon then only 1 and 3 happens. animation canceling will let the engine see 1,2,3 and they all 3 happen .. attack/casting speed.

Low ping only means you can get a higher total burst off than someone with 300 ms ping ...... Got to know when to use it though. DPs that pulls agro from the tank and pulls boss on top of ranged squishy damage dealers is even more of a liability  to a group than someone who is fumbling with skill combos and just putting out nominal damage   

On 01 February 2016 at 5:34 PM, 1017 said:

If you like KFM but do not want to anicancel, you can try to alternate

Combo1: Tigerstrike>Hellfire Kick and Combo2: Counter>Avenging Fist (damage spec)

Certainly not viable for high end PvP, but it gives you good dps on short cooldowns. ^_^'

Archived