DPS Meter please

MENT

I'm sick of doing 30-45 mins Blackwyrm runs just because i don't know how many dps i made.

I would like to have personal/public DPS meter, not to showoff my tool size but to see when i can stop the finger pain... LMB+RMB+LMB+RMB+F+1+2+3+4+LMB+RMB+LMB+RMB+LMB+RMB+LMB+RMB+LMB+RMB+1+2+3+41+2+3+41+2+3+41+2+3+41+2+3+41+2+3+41+2+3+4+S+S+S............................

Terrors need 100k in order to obtain the chest and that's ok to count, but Blackwyrm need 650k and this is impusible to count.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1.2.2016 at 10:36 AM, Zarec said:

Yeah no.  All DPS meters do is help in epeen stroking.  Considering this game has been out for a wihle in korea...maybe do some research.  

Also stopping time in car races is only for epeen stroking, amirite?

Seriously though - sadly there seems to be no support for DPS meters at the moment, but I'm eagerly waiting for a community made one. There definitely should be a DPS meter because that's how you can analyse what the hell you are doing with hard numbers.

Since this game is built on the classes also supporting each other a DPS meter would be bad because people would want to be the top DPS instead of thinking about the whole team. Often when I want to check Damage on a skill or a rotation I flip to my combat log. 

If you feel pug groups slow you down which a lot of times they can run with a static group/clan members etc. 

i never really understood why DPS meters were a big deal, when nearly all MMOs have combat tabs that let you check how much damage your attacks are doing. explain it a little or something, wouldja please, 'cause i'm not really getting it. 「(゚ペ)

If you can give a legitimate reason to need a DPS meter then we can talk. BTW the example you gave is of a World Boss that does massive AoE's that wipe people out. That fight has more to do with having HP then DPS. Also clan's can craft charms to be immune to said effect. If you wan't the runs to be shorter then clans need to make the charms to ignore the 1 shot effects the dragon will spam. So this is more about having the right tools for the job then mashing your face against a keyboard

@ouija The combat tabs will only say how much dmg you do with skils. That's something that is affected only by your stats. On the otherside from dps meters you can get much more info. For example how efective is your skill rotation. You can improve dmg of the skills only by upgrading gear, but you can improve your skill rotation -> increase your dps even without changing a single piece of gear.

@ouijaWe are not interested in the damage for each individual hit but the overall damage over time, As a FM I do about 3 attacks each 1.5 seconds, for a 3 min fight that is 360 damaging attacks not including dot ticks, just going through all of them is going to take a long time and it is just better to have a program to it for you. As for the reason to include a DPS meter it is to better try and test rotations, it can also be used to trial people out in later content where DPS actually matters and having someone who can't perform will result in wasted time.

On 01/02/2016 at 0:06 PM, Grimoir said:

Use your combat log in game. kthxbai

yes use combat log and calculate 650k DPS on Blackwyrm ?

i need DPS meter not to show off my tool size but to know when i can chill from attacks and wiped on it..

on terrors i can count 100k but 650k is sick to much to count considering the 22 sec count sametime..

32 minutes ago, Capprice said:

NO! Just no! All it does is make elitist assholes and ruin the game. You can see it's effect in Tera game/community.

Tera is a funny one to mention.

As an archer, i remember being vote kicked out of 80% of groups before the first pull when I massively outgeared the dungeon (think, +12 weapon in FoK) because of the stigma archers do crap damage that carried over from korea.

Once we got a makeshift DPS meter it was apparent archers were fine and with my gear advantage I would have DPSed circles around lesser geared slayers and sorcs. 

It isnt about "DPS meters make elitist". The argument could be said about cars causing drunk driving and therefor cars should not exist. People will always find SOMETHING to be a jerk about, gearscore, quality of your weapon, your class, your level, your achievement points (iirc neverwinter and GW2 this is/was a thing, you'd be kicked because you didnt have enough achievement points). 

If youre kicked due to a DPS meter, at least you had a chance, youre being measured by something at least potentially relivent. If someone kicks you because youre tanking, healing the group, grabing the mob so they can do more DPS and therefor your damage is lacking, that person is dumb and would have probably been a problem anyway. 

I also love the "DPS doesnt matter, its all about surviving/dodging". you do zero dps while dead, negative DPS while someone helps revive you. If the goal is to do max DPS, living is square 1, but living while doing 10k dps  is better than living while doing 8k dps. 

18 minutes ago, Xyaie said:

, but living while doing 10k dps  is better than living while doing 8k dps. 

Huh ?

How does this correlate to the fact that dps over survival is better? If yer dead but you did ok dps prior to death how are you contributing to the rest of the encounter ?

See when you are not fighting the creature you no longer do dps, therefore survival is more of a key to focus on. 

Do a level 45 dungeon with just dps focused assassins and you see how long your party will last.

Archived