Pinchy is the worst Field Boss.

Despondency

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:28 PM, Despondency said:

Like, can he be reworked so his tunnel isn't so annoying? I understand that it works with his type, but holy, at least make more than 1 essence drop at a time. Getting 2-3 from level 45 Field Bosses, but only 1 from Pinchy, who takes 3x as long to kill as a boss with 1m HP, is a joke.

I'm mad bro, as farming this set is going to be tedious.

And if you have an alt, you have to do it all again!  And the outfit is terrible for Lyns!  But for other races, you get the almighty ass window for females.  This is important.  For reasons.  Maybe convenience.  I don't know.  I've stopped questioning these types of things in games a long time ago.

You get three for soloing though, so I guess there's that.

On 2/1/2016 at 6:28 AM, Despondency said:

Like, can he be reworked so his tunnel isn't so annoying? I understand that it works with his type, but holy, at least make more than 1 essence drop at a time. Getting 2-3 from level 45 Field Bosses, but only 1 from Pinchy, who takes 3x as long to kill as a boss with 1m HP, is a joke.

Kaari is a close second.

On 2/1/2016 at 0:28 AM, Despondency said:

Profane Jiangshi & King Kaari also drops 1 essence most of the time but if you do very good dps you will get 2

21 minutes ago, AkabaneKun said:

Even better is when the bombs decide to troll you and just don't work, had to farm this ass yesterday and dear lord took more time to take him out of the sand than kill him, i also got more than 1 essence multiple times.

This kept happening when my friend and I decided to try farming him for a bit before moving onto something else. Sometimes I'd aim right over his dust cloud and nothing... And sometimes when we kept "missing," he eventually popped out of the ground anyways. o.o Was so weird and glitch-y.

Edit: Also, you can get at least as much as three essences from beating him. I got between 2-3 per fight, while my friend only got 1 each time(she is lower level than me).

AFAIK, Pinchy is max essences 2+1.  That said, I *highly* suspect his burrowing messes up the % damage calculation, so if you let him tunnel for any length of time it'll become really hard/impossible to get the extra from doing a high % of damage.

(FYI:  If you're paying attention when you throw the grenade, you'll notice you get a resist message the times he doesn't pop up.  (assuming you don't somehow actually miss).  AFAIK there isn't anything you can do about it other than throw another grenade.  Not sure what affects resists, but it'd be nice if the devs would have made him 100% vulnerable to the grenades.)

Just now, Yuria said:

Sadly the boss can resist the bomb throw, so it working as intended but that BS and i hate that the boss can resist the bomb throw.

Good to know. Hadn't actually fought Pinchy much before yesterday (maybe twice for the daily), and I'd never noticed him resisting bombs before. Sure doesn't make farming him any fun, though.

2 minutes ago, Tofu00 said:

Good to know. Hadn't actually fought Pinchy much before yesterday (maybe twice for the daily), and I'd never noticed him resisting bombs before. Sure doesn't make farming him any fun, though.

Next time you throw a bomb just look at the area, when he doesn't pop out you'll see resist text pop up. 

Pinchy indeed sucks. I farmed around 35 essences yesterday to get the outfit for my FM and all I got was the hoodie. But yes, like people stated here, you need to deal more damage to get more essences, that's why I've been doing it on my summoner and passing the essences to my FM. Maybe you should wait a little until you get a little more power, and then come back? =)

• 3 years later...
  • Hime locked this topic

Archived