Pinchy is the worst Field Boss.

Despondency

Like, can he be reworked so his tunnel isn't so annoying? I understand that it works with his type, but holy, at least make more than 1 essence drop at a time. Getting 2-3 from level 45 Field Bosses, but only 1 from Pinchy, who takes 3x as long to kill as a boss with 1m HP, is a joke.

I'm mad bro, as farming this set is going to be tedious.

2 minutes ago, Despondency said:

Like, can he be reworked so his tunnel isn't so annoying? I understand that it works with his type, but *cricket*, at least make more than 1 essence drop at a time. Getting 2-3 from level 45 Field Bosses, but only 1 from Pinchy ,who takes 3x as long to kill as a boss with 1m HP is a joke.

I'm mad bro as farming this set is going to be tedious.

He dropped 2- 3 essences for me. This means your damage to him is low so u get only 1. The quantity depends from the damage u did to boss.

1 minute ago, Hitokiri said:

He dropped 2- 3 essences for me. This means your damage to him is low so u get only 1. The quantity depends from the damage u did to boss.

Makes no sense, seeing as I'm 45 and the fact that a buddy and I did it together, with no one else around. And yet, I got 1 essence, as did he.

1 minute ago, Hitokiri said:

This shouldn't be true unless it was changed. It's usually only 1 with a chance to get 1 extra.

1 minute ago, Enamour said:

This shouldn't be true unless it was changed. It's usually only 1 with a chance to get 1 extra.

the more damage you contribute to a field boss the more essence he will drop. for example on my low level account when i was farming jiangshi essences i was only dropping 2 while on my level 45 account i was always dropping 5 because i was the  top damage contributer

Just now, BestCatGirl said:

the more damage you contribute to a field boss the more essence he will drop. for example on my low level account when i was farming jiangshi essences i was only dropping 2 while on my level 45 account i was always dropping 5 because i was the  top damage contributer

I'm well aware of this however some bosses have a limited max. Jiangshi is 4 at once + the 1 bonus. Pinchy has always been 1 max + 1 bonus.

2 minutes ago, Despondency said:

He got one, which is why we both complained about the boss together, only I've been killing it for a while, and never gotten over 1.

Oh i understood u mean the scorpion in the desert. Yea this one drops maximum 2, like told above 1+ 1 extra. As i remember same in Korea.

4 hours ago, Enamour said:

I'm well aware of this however some bosses have a limited max. Jiangshi is 4 at once + the 1 bonus. Pinchy has always been 1 max + 1 bonus.

When I soloed Pinchy I got up to 3, and when doing it in a group with some friends, one of our members got 3 a couple times while the rest of us got 2.

• 3 weeks later...

You get an extra if you land the final hit on him. 

I really wish he gave out around 3, and 5 much like the Stalker Jingashi if you do the most damage to him.  He's a horrible boss to fight as he constantly goes underground but his mechanics are pretty simple.. just 1 essence isn't enough for the time involved. 

Pinchy just yesterday for our duo dropped 2 essences each + 1 extra to the one doing killing blow.

Also use the bombs around him to pop him back up when he tunnels. Best idea is to pull pinchy close to the bomb box. This way it doesn't even take long and isn't annoying to kill anymore.

Archived