Bots, farming one item.

Curdic

I have found out that people are botting and spamming the dungeon, Lair of the Yutay

https://gyazo.com/d0569f86f0ac7fcbd8b58f44692c747c - Evidence of some Bots.

https://gyazo.com/c5966d6f9142a4fb89ecf49c6c1389c0 - Some that I could find and report

https://gyazo.com/89dfd234f7ff1dd09009f4c743648bad - the marketplace

(ignore the transparent, that is my client glitched. :/ )

NCSoft is already aware that bots are being used, and without violating several forms of international laws they have to be very careful with what they do to prevent them.  
Running game guards and such are nice, but it's REALLY hard to detect a bot that uses a custom coded script, color detection, mouse cursor positions on desktop resolution when you're running in windowed mode, and so on if it's done right.  
Trust me, I'd know.  I was one of the bot/hack developers for quite a few games not that very long ago, and have also worked as "specialized security" for a select few other games assisting them in coding their security software.  I got out of the business of hacking, and botting because I don't believe in multiplayer hacking due to what it has done to the games' economy now that people have started selling virtual goods.  When we, as developers released them we did it to get feedback with a select few friends, then people started trying to capitalize off of them and that's when things went to hell for the online gaming industry.  Which would definitely be our faults, but we can't blame God for giving us free will, so blaming a developer for how someone used their products wouldn't be fair at all.
I'm sure Fruity Loops doesn't have intentions to sue Skrillex even though they may, or may not support Dubstep.

Things will get done about it, but it's something that they have to proceed with extreme precaution regarding or they will land themselves in the midst of VERY heft fines, and a LOT of litigations.

On 2/1/2016 at 9:34 PM, Dracconus said:

NCSoft is already aware that bots are being used, and without violating several forms of international laws they have to be very careful with what they do to prevent them.  
Running game guards and such are nice, but it's REALLY hard to detect a bot that uses a custom coded script, color detection, mouse cursor positions on desktop resolution when you're running in windowed mode, and so on if it's done right.  
Trust me, I'd know.  I was one of the bot/hack developers for quite a few games not that very long ago, and have also worked as "specialized security" for a select few other games assisting them in coding their security software.  I got out of the business of hacking, and botting because I don't believe in multiplayer hacking due to what it has done to the games' economy now that people have started selling virtual goods.  When we, as developers released them we did it to get feedback with a select few friends, then people started trying to capitalize off of them and that's when things went to hell for the online gaming industry.  Which would definitely be our faults, but we can't blame God for giving us free will, so blaming a developer for how someone used their products wouldn't be fair at all.
I'm sure Fruity Loops doesn't have intentions to sue Skrillex even though they may, or may not support Dubstep.

Things will get done about it, but it's something that they have to proceed with extreme precaution regarding or they will land themselves in the midst of VERY heft fines, and a LOT of litigations.

Alright... I was just letting the GM's know... not just stating that there are bots... It is helpful for them to get this information. @_@

On 2/7/2016 at 2:13 PM, Curdic said:

Alright... I was just letting the GM's know... not just stating that there are bots... It is helpful for them to get this information. @_@

They, as well as I appreciate you having done so; but trust me when I say they've known, it's just a tricky situation to resolve.  The only FULL sure-fire way to ever alleviate botting is to make the game run in a custom environment on your computer and restrict anything besides base O.S. resources, and game resources from running in the meantime, but GOD would the performance be absolutely horrendous.

Archived