Xogi

4 minutes ago, Mars505 said:

Its your computers grave, not mine. Air cooling for Oc'd chip , good lick with that,

ROFL. You know nothing. Air cooling for an increase of 1ghz with 2 less cores, no problem. Not even running 50 degrees :)) 

You should just leave this topic and rest your case, You dont know anything about DirectX optimizations on different versions, how much they utilize your cpu, and neither do you know the overclocking process. Overclocking 1 ghz in a total of 4 cores after shutting down 2 is more than a safe bet, AMD FX 6300 is a huge overclock CPU, you'll need liquid for 4.8 - 4.9ghz+. For aircooling, this is totally fine, not even harming one bit. But it's okay, ignorance is something I can tolerate when I know I'm right. 

For future reference; don't open your mouth and pretend you know something when you come up with unspecific answers. It doesn't make you look smart, only less knowledgeable. This isn't a topic for someone like you. Go find yourself another home. I'm here to try and help people, but if I deal with people like you - looks like I gotta put them in a bad spotlight, sorry. 

Cheers mate! 

This guy raging unreal 3 has a parameter built into it -USEALLAVAILABLECORES . Rage less and as far as AMD 6 core = 3 floating points with 2 threads each. Multithreading does not work until DX10 AND its only  a partial, DX11 gives you the ability to fully make use of multi-threaded applications. WIN 10 Pro spanks Win 8 all day long, on older titles like this game though i imagine Win 7 is still working like a Boss!  

Mars505 is correct u need a min of a 750 watt power supply for a R9-280x. that 600 watt PSU, will most likely leave you with a ruined computer if you continue running that GPU on too small of a PSU

15 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

This guy raging unreal 3 has a parameter built into it -USEALLAVAILABLECORES . Rage less and as far as AMD 6 core = 3 floating points with 2 threads each. Multithreading does not work until DX10 AND its only  a partial, DX11 gives you the ability to fully make use of multi-threaded applications. WIN 10 Pro spanks Win 8 all day long, on older titles like this game though i imagine Win 7 is still working like a Boss!  

Mars505 is correct u need a min of a 750 watt power supply for a R9-280x. that 600 watt PSU, will most likely leave you with a ruined computer if you continue running that GPU on too small of a PSU

Then it's just a matter of time before this computer dies, then I have a reason to not buy AMD again and buy Intel. I've had it OC'ed long enough during my CSGO time, back then I ran 6 cores, so 4 cores shouldn't even be a problem. My CPU degree @ idle is only 34 celcius, which is just unbelievable. When I play BnS, the hottest I've seen is 48. So yes, no bluescreen, nor power shutdown, nothing. Not a single sign of danger or overheating. I've had this badboy 3 years straight, every single day at full performance. Now what does this tell me though?

I've done a lot of OC'ing in the past, and the manufacture requirement is a big exaggerating. So I know my limit, don't worry. I'll be getting a new rig before this one "dies" anyways. The CPU is not a bottleneck to the GPU, you gotta go higher up in the ranging for it to be completely frying it. I guess a R9 290 would be a problem. However, 280x is just fine. Believe me or not. 

When it comes down to Unreal Engine 3, even if it uses -allavailablecores- doesn't mean it will FULLY utilize the single core performance of a cpu, which I mentioned so many times. It doesn't matter if it runs UE3 or UE4. As long as the game is built with DX9 in mind, you're not going to stop it from using most of your "main" cores. That is exactly why games like Guild Wars 2, BnS, AoC and so on - will only take advantage of 1-2 cores at MAX. That's why theres a huge debate when MMORPGs will transfer to the newer versions, either DX11 or DX12. 

The OP is an intel shill who knows nothing about AMD and Windows 10. Just trying to sell Intel CPUS and Nvidia cards. He probably doesn't even have a AMD processor.

I was wrong, the game is using 78 threads  and 4 cores. With 2 cores running background processes. That is the beauty of Windows 10.

Fairly simple math, the base specs ask for a min. of 750 watts for your card. PSU is the most important part in a computer to small or too large and you are not utilizing your system effectively. Anyone can download MSI AfterBurner and void part warranty and move sliders to the left.  600 watts would be kosher except  that card asks for additional power plugged into... not just from the bus. depending on your ambient temperature 34 is fine at idle, but what is it hitting once you put a workload on it. Furmark and check temps again.

First Person Shooter games are not even in the same ballpark of using system resources as games like Blade and Soul, Tera or Archeage that has a dx9 and dx11 partial ported into it.    

As a viable suggestion you could either pull your current GPU out and buy one that has say a 450 watt recommended power rating and the 600 watt PSU would be ok just over clocking the CPU, but the best route would be upgrading to a 800 watt, and continue over clocking with proper cooling installed 

Ok Mars505. I guess you know better on what kind of spec I'm running than I do myself. You're probably just mad cause you can't afford Intel in the first place. But here we are, both owning AMD. Are you done now?

@OneYouHate Well, that's for sure. I'm not planning to build a mid-range rig anymore. The higher-end rigs looks really tempting, so I'll grab one.

Running :

AMD 8350FX (manufacturer clock Speed)

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

32 Gigs  1600mhz @ (stock)

Cool Master Seidon 240M  (water cooling block)

Ultra Rogue full tower case

2 x 120 mm fans on the front

1 x 120 mm fan exhaust

1 x 200 mm intake

2 x 120 scythe slim fans on th radiator

1100 watt Ultra Psu

2 x 1 terabyte hdd's

1 3tb hd partitioned 1tb each

1 240gig SSD for my real games * which is few

Windows 10 Professional 64bit

I run everything from Adobe Creative suit to Ableton Live

I'm multimedia artist / web designer / musician

Who knows how to properly build and set up a computer.

I run this game capped off at 59 fps, easy.

My biggest advice to people preparing to build a PC, read the manuals, they aren't for setting aside.

Yeah, that is a super nice Rig, and just to end the back and forth with OP's original statement of the game being poorly optimized I am in disagreement with that statement . Blade and Soul runs pretty smooth in Comparison to some of the titles in the same Genre of games. the culprit for @Xogi 's issues are a too small of a PSU .  Fairly simple solution to fix. 

/thread 

IMO , if the OP unclocks everything he over clocked, he would have a much better computer. I also would suggest the following :

Ccleaner

Malwarebytes

every week  check the add remove programs tab to see if anything installed that looks suspect.

Check thr AppData folder to look for "wtf is that" folders

Basic maintenance for the 21st century

On 2/1/2016 at 1:13 PM, Dradiinmmo said:

So when i started playing this game i was getting solid 60FPS (had it capped there) hardly ever dipped below 50FPS. Yesterday (nothing has changed on my computer) i would get 15 FPS then CTD, over and over, i finally gave up. 

I was pissed, so i went to other MMOs i still have installed...ESO 90+ FPS, SWTOR 60-80FPS, GW2 85+FPS. I get over 120FPS in GTA5, i run every one of those games at max everything. I have no idea what has happened to the game but it is on the game not my system, i can clearly play anything else maxed without issue but i can barely even start B&S anymore.

There have been no updates to my computer no changes, in fact i hardly ever turn it off except for sleepmode. 

I have a bit of change invested in this game, i would hate to desert it and move on but it is basically unplayable now.

System specs-

Operating System
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
    AMD FX-8350    1 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 2133MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 (Socket M2)    4 °C
Graphics
    Acer T272HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ATI)    10 °C
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ATI)
    CrossFire Disabled

Acer T272HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ATI)    10 °C
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ATI)
    CrossFire Disabled
Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00KUWA0 (SATA)    5 °C
Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95
Audio
    VIA High Definition Audio

Yes i have 2 AMD 295x2's in my system, one completely not used and both with x-fire disabled. 

15FPS on this system is ridiculous, i just don't know what to do anymore.

Had exactly the same problem,at start  FPS was normal,after 2 weeks of playing i changed nothing on my PC but fps dropped to 15 and stayed there,after checking on google it seems the solution was kind of simple. Most ppl said game is optimized for dx9 etc,actually badly optimized if you will.

So having that in mind i reinstalled to windows 7,i had windows10. my fps during poh 24man (w10) was like 8-10,when i reinstalled to w7 my FPS during poh 24man jumped to 25-30. Even during normal dungeons my FPS like 15 or so. i don't know why exactly but for some people reinstalling to windows 7 fixes the problem. Some don't have problem even on windows 10. bear in mind that this was all on high settings (+5)

Now it doesn't cost you much to try and reinstall. im playing on GTX 660,intel i5-2300.

that's not really some super PC compared to some of you guys have.

Did you go through the Windows 10's  setting and turn a lotof the blot apps off ?

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/the-windows-10-privacy-settings-you-need-to-change-right-now-1301257

The biggest thing, cortona, if you want to use it up to you, if you want to disable it, google it. There is a way too.

I'm running Windows 10 and love it. It hasnt not decreased my performance at all. Every application from 32 to 64 bit has run flawlessly.

@OneYouHate 

im currently using a hp 2009m 1600x900 monitor https://goo.gl/BOeVW5

this what pops up when i turn on the monitor idk if it will help http://prntscr.com/9ycke7

i usually have chrome skype and bns open

task manager http://prntscr.com/9ycky1

i know chrome takes up a decent amount of space but even with 15 tabs open and BnS on, i think my 8gb ram is more than sufficient

as for CCC i have no idea what that is :/

edit: ive also disabled cortana which takes up space and also spies on you >.>

@Teancrumpets

Don't worry about screen popup when turning on the monitor, it's a common thing. 37% utilization, that's rather low - which seems to be the case. CCC is Catalyst Control Center. A new driver is out, and also a more lightweight software with easier tunings > click here for it. Not really sure if it supports your card, haven't taken a look. 

Your CPU however, is good enough to be able to have a steady and decent framerate. So odd you have 15-23 when optimized for combat. As for me, I'm really clueless. I don't know more than any of you, cause we have no information on the inside of the game. But like @Mars505said, run CCleaner and throw all the junk out. Do some disk fragment, if you must.

Run > MSCONFIG > Boot. Turn off specific things you don't need to free up resources. Reboot.

Control panel > Delete/Remove programs - old ones you don't need. 

Start > Search > %TEMP% and clean out that. Reboot.

5 hours ago, Teancrumpets said:

@OneYouHate 

im currently using a hp 2009m 1600x900 monitor https://goo.gl/BOeVW5

this what pops up when i turn on the monitor idk if it will help http://prntscr.com/9ycke7

i usually have chrome skype and bns open

task manager http://prntscr.com/9ycky1

i know chrome takes up a decent amount of space but even with 15 tabs open and BnS on, i think my 8gb ram is more than sufficient

as for CCC i have no idea what that is :/

edit: ive also disabled cortana which takes up space and also spies on you >.>

Wall of text incoming sorry everyone Haha :)

15 tabs open on your browser while running a game......  play game/ browse later, all the ads and the pages updating the cache every few seconds, possibly taking a toll and giving your game a decent hit on performance.

My preference for a browser is Opera, it is super light on resources, should I ever need to push game to background and hit a email service or research something in particular I need for the computer, if for some reason or another I deem that I just  have to or can not wait till I log off of game...  I have a laptop sitting just to the right of me  I use for web browsing and forum lurkin', looking up player written guides to assist with character builds, watch you tube player posted play through of dungeons before I queue for one , so I'm not completely Forest Gump'ed and lost on the first run and know sort of what to expect with Boss mechanics , etc , etc, etc , bla, bla, bla.

With you not exactly owning a Korean Super Computer with 5ms ping to game servers, you may need to just adjust some basic Window settings and optimizing it for gaming, and post pone any extra web intensive stuff till after you're off of the game you're playing.

A VOIP like Teamspeak may be a good option to look into for communication with people inside of the game; due to it having a hot key you can press to talk and still keep your game  {ALT + ENTER}  in full screen mode.

Past these simple suggestions, I really have no other ideals on how to offer a helpful solution in your case. Sorry :( 

So basically streamline your computer into more of a console type machine, when playing MMORPG's untill you're able to upgrade to a high-end desktop gaming computer. Perhaps someone else might be able to make a viable suggestion that will suite and improve your gaming experience.  Good Luck and Game on!

@Xogi went on amd and did the auto detect for new drivers and it said my drivers were up to date
i opened my AMD catalyst control center and looked around and found this:
http://prntscr.com/9yoqgb
now ive heard of over clocking not really sure what it is but sounds like your making your graphics card work at its fullest potential 
should i change any of these settings? i know making my graphic card work harder is gonna make it require a little more maintenance but i dont mind regularly removing dust.
i downloaded ccleaner and uninstalled some programs like starcraft which i dont play anymore

@OneYouHate i closed all back ground programs except 1 notepad file and sticky notes and im still getting 14-21 fps in yehara's mirage 

how would i overclock my graphics card?

@Teancrumpets your card can be over clocked, To do it safely, you need to spend a lot of time reading and watching youtube videos to understand how and why. Even then, you might not even have a super noticeable performance boost. CPU overclocks tend to give a higher FPS and GPU overclocks tend to make game look a lot nicer  as far as MMO platforms go. Good Luck, if you do OC, you void warranty of products and shorten the life span considerably if you go to high  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips. 

Aww, you deleted the OP? The info there was pretty helpful for me.

Question about HUD being the cause of lag: I've noticed there are a few options for adjusting transparency for certain elements in the game. Would setting the sliders to 0 transparency improve lag issues? What about running in fullscreen vs windowed mode? I suppose that depends on the system the game is being run on..

Archived