Hongmoon Outfits & NC Response

TaruV

On 2/3/2016 at 6:49 PM, delaMorai said:

So they want to solve a problem which is related to money with a problem that involves money? I mean... they want us to buy a consumable to mail our cosmetics to other characters? They want us to spend money just to being able to move outfits. Sorry, but that's really disgusting.

/Edit:

I really love this game. However, I will not buy any more NC coins if they don't stop trying hard milking as much money from stupid ideas like these. They are limiting so many things which doesn't need to be limited. I'm 100% sure that there are enough people who would love to spend money and support the game's future, but not like this

This is how I feel. It's come to a point that i look at costumes that I want per character, and purchase it that way, instead of buying multiple of the same (even if I want it for both chars). 

As much as I love BnS, I do not want to spend money to just spend more money. It's really breaking my heart.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6.02.2016 at 6:21 PM, kittenesse said:

This is how I feel. It's come to a point that i look at costumes that I want per character, and purchase it that way, instead of buying multiple of the same (even if I want it for both chars). 

As much as I love BnS, I do not want to spend money to just spend more money. It's really breaking my heart.

Same here. I payed alot already, in first week of playing i bought 1y subscrition and some other stuff but there is absolutly no chance that i'll pay for more skins then 1x character cos it cost too much for me. I can pay, i rly can but not when this is just money making factory ( soulbond costumes, and now i read about those payments for mail >wtf<? ). 

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to chime in to say that I, too, am really disappointed with the lack of account wide costumes. I first saw BnS as a preview - before it came out! - in a store about 6 years ago, and I had wanted to play it ever since then. Now that I'm here, I just... don't want to spend any money because who knows if I'll switch to a different character when the new classes come out, and have to leave all my cosmetic stuff behind? 

I think they think they're gaining money by catering only to people who are willing to whale out, but I don't think that's true. I know that, personally, I would be willing to make more purchases, like character slots, to go along with my account wide costumes, I'm sure I'm not the only one. If it's just a one time use item that I have to pay for, it'll make me feel even worse about the system.

I was so excited to play BnS and make a super pretty character, but this sort of making me not want to play long term. :<

When TOR made it so I could pay just a little extra (it varied) to make a costume account wide, I thought it was great.

BnS is on a bit of a different system though.  I would hope this consumable would make the outfit account wide all the time and not be repeated every time I wanted to send it to someone new, but for outfits that I may like on one character and not another, great way to pass it around (my Master Pack outfits on my main come to mind) to those who I think may be better with the outfits.

Those who I want to have the same outfit as another, well them, I just have to suffer with buying multiple and I can live with, due to how BnS's f2p system is.

On 2/25/2016 at 1:16 PM, Naunet said:

Have a job. I also happen to be able to distinguish between a good value and a poor value through comparison shopping.

What this guy said?  Anybody who didn't spend their childhood eating lead paint chips should be able to do this.

Yes 20$ is the normal average price for a costume.

However this is true on mmorpg where you have to grind for a long time in those circumstance it's acceptable. thing is that blade and soul take a day to get max level, and there's not much pve content to do, you get bored very easily if you don't play alt. And that's the problem, everyone have alts, and that time of gameplay make it ridiculous to have such high priced costume that aren't account wide tradable. It's the kind of thing that make people leave.

I waited for this game for ages. I grind a force master and spend all my premium pack nccoin, thinking the warlock would be out in 1-2years, thing is i don't enjoy myself much as a FM and it made me stop playing, now that something make me wanna come back, i just log on and realize everything on my main is *cricket*ing wasted, all the founder pack is wasted, all the costume are wasted to, My so pretty xmas skin ;_; , and that's even worst because i wanna change region, I though i could play EU like  i do on EVERYYYYY mmo since 10years, but it's just freaking dead past 11' there so (5' here), i have to go back to Na. Which again i don't want to, because i will have wasted everything on my first chara on EU.

I'm all for wasting money in cosmetic, but in this game is just not satisfying. It just doesn't work. It's a pain in the ass, I rather don't play that always be remembered that my super exclusive skin is lost forever on someone i don't enjoy playing.

• 3 months later...
On 1/31/2016 at 8:30 PM, TaruV said:

Story thus far: BnS released in the west, players were unhappy with high cash shop prices and especially character-bound outfits. NC West recognized this as a problem. Rukkirii posted that they're working on a solution. I don't have the mad skillz to find and quote the original post, but here's what he(?) said.

"We wanted to jump in here and let you know that being able to trade costumes across an account is something we are in fact working on. Once available, this will be a new purchasable consumable that can be used on an already purchased Hongmoon Store character bound cosmetic, which will allow it to be mailed to another character on your account.

We don’t have an estimate of when it’ll be available just yet, but we’ll be sure to provide additional details soon as we have them."

There are many threads on the subject, but none of them focus on the real concern: will this new consumable solve the problem, or come across as just a cash grab to disappoint and alienate prospective outfit buyers? It's great that NCsoft recognizes Hongmoon Store cosmetics as something that needs to be available to all characters on an account once bought. This tells me they do listen to player input and gives me hope that this MMO might be worth sticking with.

What worries me is that the new consumable will be a non-solution such as allowing a cosmetic to be mailed once and then needing to be bought again for further mailing of the same item. I want to communicate clearly that this is not an acceptable solution to the problem. It's not a solution at all, it's a plain and simple rip-off and not what we're asking for.

At these prices the cosmetics should be account-bound to begin with. If that's not an option for technical or other reasons, a reasonably priced consumable that turns an existing cosmetic into a version that can be mailed to other characters on the same account unlimited times is a good enough solution. If that mailable version can't be traded or salvaged, that's fine, but it has to be mailable forever.

How do you feel about this consumable?

And thats how we ended with those dumb stamps, why dont they make a Account Bound Wardrobe like WildStar which is perfect.

Archived